Statistics

261,327 members
140,031 posts
  • New
    msciresi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-12

I ran my Harmony 2 through my Delay Pedal and it doesn't work; no delay on my voice. I placed the effect aftrer thru as the video pointed out. When I record, the effect is on the guitar but not the voice.

Any ideas?

Mike

0 16
    • msciresi
      kiskadar69 This is perfectly normal. If you want to put a delay on the vocals, connect a delay pedal (such as TC-Helicon VoiceTone E1) to the XLR output of the Harmony Singer.
      • Oct 12
    • msciresi
      msciresi

According to your video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o679cveRth4&ab_channel=IconMusic) it shows that you put the effects after the instrument thru. So where do I route the output if I am recording with the unit. They demonstrate that the "thru" is the output by 1/4 jack. So I had it in my effects chain, either way there are two outputs the mic and the thru on the side of the pedal. So which output do I put into my recording unit or interface?

• Oct 12
    • msciresi
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi msciresi, the THRU output is for guitar/instrument signal only and will not pass the vocal signal, if you wish to add a delay to your voice you will need to do as kiskadar69 mentioned and add this to the XLR output.
      With regards to which outputs to use to connect to your interface, this will entirely depend on what you want to capture, If only vocals then you can get away with just using the XCLR output, however, if you want to record the guitar as well you will need to route from the THRU output also.
      • Oct 12
    • msciresi
      msciresi

Thanks to all for the info!

• Oct 13
  • New
    Sikoo786
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-11

How I set it up

0 13
  • New
    Pecakey
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-07

Hi everyone!!! I have TC Helicon SingThing almost two years,I think with no firmware updated(1.0.0.)...My problem is: When I want to tune my guitar on TC's tuner,when is on 440Hz, It's out of all standard tuners...It,s not a problem,I tune my guitars on other tuners,but my harmony intervals not OK,especially when i play,for example am9,dm6,or similar stuff...If am download new firmware,maybe things will go better!? Maybe my tuner goes in right 440tune,because I think that my singthing "hears"different harmnic structure than normal,and on that base he made,a non quite good harmony??? Need someone who can advise me...Help! 

read more...
    0 20
    • Pecakey
      PedroRodrigues Hi Pecakey, I would suggest performing a Factory Reset followed by a firmware update.
      Factory Reset: Hold the “Mix” and “Harmony” buttons while powering on. This performs a full factory reset including settings and preset
      To perform a firmware update please do the following:
      TC HELICON’s VoiceSupport 2 application connects you to firmware updates, new presets, and all the tools you need to save and load your customized SingThing preset packs.
      Head to http://tc-helicon.com/en/products/voicesupport-2/ to download VoiceSupport.
      Once it’s up and running, power up SingThing and plug it in to your computer via the supplied USB cable to access all the support and upgrade features for your product.

When it comes to tune your voice please consider using the Global Pitch Correction gives your voice a little bit of a nudge to the note closest to what you’re singing.
      In some cases, it can be subtle or an extremely obvious Auto-Tune style as you increase the level towards 100%.
      Some presets have pitch correction built-in; when you turn on Global Pitch Correct, it will be active in the background all the time.
      You must also take in to account that you can use the Pitch Effect that tunes your voice to match the notes in a regular 12 note scale more precisely and offers three parameters that you can configure: style, shift, and gender.
      Thank you
      • Oct 8
  • New
    WFKJ
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-06

I have a TC Helicon Play Electric, and I need to find a replacement rotary switch S1, mine has been damaged by a hard fall. Anyone know the manufacturer or part number of that switch? Or even better, where I can buy one? Many thanks. 

0 12
    • WFKJ
      WilliamR Hi there please go to the Support tab above and select Spare Parts so the team can advise you on how to order a replacement part.
      • Oct 6
    • WFKJ
      WFKJ

Hello again, Many thanks for the suggestion, I did just that! Now may I ask where I go to see the reply from my question there, I can't seem to locate it.

• Oct 12
  • New
    marcam
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-10-06

I have a question. Is signal of the guitar input and signal of the guitar output on Harmony Singer 2 somehow modified, or it is true bypass? Thank You very much 

0 26
    • marcam
      PedroRodrigues Hi marcam, thank you for your post, considering your question I would suggest to follow the link below to access to this full review of the Harmony Singer 2 that will clarify any questions you may have
      https://avrooster.net/tc-helicon-harmony-singer-2/

Thank you
      • Oct 7
    • marcam
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. The guitar thru on the Harmony Singer 2 is buffered. There is no gain or attenuation applied, nor is there any EQing. It is not a true bypass though.
      • Oct 7
  • New
    Greyhound1921
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-06

Expression pedal not working. First, i have owned both voicelive2 and voicelive 3 and have performed live with them for years. Im well acquainted with setup and functions. A friend recently bought a used one in great condition online based on how he saw i was using mine to control harmony volume levels. Bottom line- i cannot get the expression pedal to work for any function on his unit. I updated his firmware 2.200 build 366 and have tested it with the pedal i use successfully for mine (ernie ball vp junior) as well as Dunlop volume xmini and a new Moog expression pedal he bought to go with his unit. I tabbed over on the vocal page and set the expression to harmony level. Went to setup to calibrate and did the setup max down, setup min setup routine they all end up saying “failed, bad cable”. Have tried three different cables including the one that works fine with mine. I also tried the footswitch global option with the proper changes in the setup menu for the footswitch. I went thru to make sure everyone of his setup parameters were identical to my unit to make certain there was no buried anomaly in setup. When you push Genre/Store to get the software version and such…it does show that the expression pedal jack is sensed. I’m stumped! I did a google search and did see a topic about TCHelicon doing a firmware update at some point intime to fix the “expression pedal issue” and it appeared this may have been generated on this Facebook page…but i can’t find it. Sorry for the long story….but i really want to get this fixed for him.
    Any knowledge or suggestions would be appreciated.

read more...
    0 15
    • Greyhound1921
      PedroRodrigues Hi Greyhound1921, please please update your VOICELIVE 3 by following the update guidance provided on the case you have submitted with our Tech support, please also confirm that you are using a 1/4 Jack TRS cable and please follow the configuration process provided on the case submitted with our Tech team. Thank you
      • Oct 7
  • New
    ScottBierko
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-10-05

When I plug in my Perform V, all of the lights go on but nothing else functions.

When I plug it into my Mac, the firmware is up to date.

Thanks for any thoughts!

(BTW - the unit functioned perfectly when I last used it two years ago)

Scott

read more...
    0 10
    • ScottBierko
      PedroRodrigues Hi ScottBierko, thank you for your post, please consider that in this case I would suggest performing a Reset to your unit.
      To reset the unit back to factory settings, press and hold the ECHO and DOUBLE buttons when powering up your Perform-V.
      In the case that you are still facing the same issues after the reset is performed, this may indicate that you unit may not be operating as t should and in that case you must follow the link below and submit a case directly with our Tech Support Team so we can assist you on this matter with more tools.
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=TCHelicon
      Thank you
      • Oct 6
    • ScottBierko
      ScottBierko

Tha worked, Pedro! Thank you!

• Oct 6
  • New
    thisisjust9
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-03

I managed to update firmware to my TC Helicon Play Acoustic, after few days of "blank blue screen". Everyting is working again. BUT... I can only use it for 4-6 minutes, and it just abruptly STOP/FROZEN: not receiving sound signals, no sound output, and every knobs and buttons just didn't work. I have to turn off the unit, and turn it on again. Yet, after 1 or 2 songs, the unit just STOP/FROZEN again. 
    Can anyone help me with this? Why is this happening and what's the fix?
    Thank you very much!

read more...
    0 34
  • New
    briback
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-02

I have an H1 and I've been very unimpressed with it. The harmonies sound very digitally processed. I don't play guitar so I am not using one for pass-through. I see that this company has several different Harmony petals and options. Do any of them not require or work optimally without, a guitar?

read more...
    0 11
    • briback
      Dale_M Hi there, I think it would be best to submit a Technical ticket from the above support tab with a video download link of what you are hearing so we can look in to this for you.
      • Oct 3
  • New
    jchimmy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-01

I use a Voicetone Correct into a HarmonyG-XT. I play an acoustic guitar in to the HarmonyG-XT and use the direct out for the guitar. I'm not using any FX on the HarmonyG-XT except the vocal doubler. When I use the Mono out, where lead and harmony vocals are combined, everything sounds normal. When I use Left & Right out of the HarmonyG-XT with Stereo OFF and the Harmony knob set full on (as instructed in the manual) to send Lead and Harmony vocals to separate mixer channels, the Lead and Harmony vocals both sound like there is a Phaser effect on them. Muting the Harmony channel on the mixer still produces a Phaser effect on the lead vocals. I've ensured all FX are turned off and even turn off vocal doubling but still get the phaser sound on the vocals. I've tried eliminating all outboard EQ, compression and FX to no avail. Going straight from the HarmonyG-XT to the mixer, then to speakers and/or headphones still produces the phaser sounding effect on the Lead and Harmony vocals. I need to mix lead and harmony vocals separately for recording. It's also critical for performing live because the proper EQ for my lead vocals leaves the harmony vocals sounding very muddy and just bad. I don't know what else to try. Any help is appreciated.

read more...
    0 12
    • jchimmy
      AshleyKitson Hi, I'm by no means an expert - see my recent post. This sounds like a typical problem with some DFX units. Some suggestions:
      - make sure that your cables are insulated from each other
      - don't share a ground between cables
      - if there is a ground lift on the unit try that

Digital Phasers, Flangers and some Chorus FX etc all have a common problem. They inject a high frequency into the signal which can penetrate cables. And that high frequency is carried in the air. I had the same problem on another system and the above solved it. I tried a noise reduction thingummy. It didn't work. Moving the albeit limited FX units away from each other on the board and ensuring a sound connection between the "bits" did the trick.
      • Oct 1
      • It sounds like a phaser is on the vocals from HarmonyG-XT
        AshleyKitson Sorry - hit enter too soon.
        If that doesn't work - and it's under warranty - send it back
        • Oct 1
        jchimmy Thx for the reply. No luck with these suggestions. Plus I would think if it is high frequency bleed, it would happen all the time. Not just when I separate the lead and Harmony vocal outputs. But thanks for the suggestion.
        • Oct 5
    • jchimmy
      kiskadar69 1. If you want to send Lead and Harmony to separate output in VoiceTone Harmony-G XT Mono mode, you must turn off Double in each preset because Double and Harmony appear on the same output.
      2. Are you using the original VoiceTone Correct (not VoiceTone Correct XT)? If so, the error may also be caused by using both XLR outputs at the same time and Pitch Correction is turned on on one and not on the other.
      3. Is Pitch Correction turned off on the VoiceTone Harmony-G XT? (if so, the Tone LED will not flash).
      • Oct 2
        jchimmy Thanks for the reply. 1. I’ll try this. It will also solve another issue I’m having. Adjusting EQ on the harmony channel was changing my lead vocal EQ. I forgot the double voice was coming thru the Harmony channel. Thanks for that. 2. Yes, I’m using original VoiceTone Correct but pitch correction is turned on on both units. Your reply did give me another idea though. I’m only using the guide output on the VT Correct feeding it to the mic input on the HarmonyG-XT. I am using adaptive compression on the VT Correct, so I should get pitch corrected vocals coming out of both the dry & guide XLR outs on the VT Correct. That means I can try taking my lead vocals out of the VT Correct and harmony vocals out of the HarmonyG-XT (in stereo if desired). That might be the work around that solves the problem. I’ll report back when I get a chance to try this. Thanks again!
        • ·
        • Oct 5
        kiskadar69 If you use the VoiceTone Correct "Guide" output, the error may also be caused by "Dry to Guide" being turned on.
        • Oct 7
Go to page