Statistics

298,541 members
182,154 posts
  • New
    obrys
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-12

HI,

I'm useing Voicelive 3 extreme but I'm looking for something in Rack format. I'm thinking about buying used Voicelive Rack and selling Voicelive 3 extreme.

Could you tell me please what are the diffrences in hardware and software in those 2 units? Besides the guitar stuff - I dont mind about it. For example: are preamps in those units are the same? Are processors are the same? Does effects sounds the same?

Thank you in advance.

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    molul
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-11

I'm a happy VoiceLive Touch user, and I'm a bit worried that, whenever the unit stops working (it's 8 years old now), the only alternative seems to be the VoiceLive 3 Extreme, which is a bit "bigger" in terms of functionality and more expensive than what I'd need (I don't really need the guitar part as I have a Helix LT for that). 

I mostly use the VL Touch for harmonies, delay and reverb, and I've tried using the uMod block, but I've not found anything I really love so far.

Here's what I would love TC-Helicon to make someday, coming from VL Touch and VL 3 Extreme:

-A floor unit (I play guitar while singing, so I prefer changing things with my feet instead of my hands), as small as possible (i.e.: Line6 HX Stomp).

-USB-MIDI connection for sending MIDI commands to change presets or enable/disable effect blocks (VoiceLive 3 Extreme only has MIDI). Regarding MIDI commands, adding commands to enable/disable harmony voices would be so handy, in order to avoid having 3 presets that are identical except for the enabled harmony voices. I heavily use the MIDI commands to automatically change stuff while playing live, and while I used the Switch-3 for some time, having everything automated is way more comfortable when you play guitar.

-Monitor out (jack+XLR in the same socket).

-FX chain customization (for instance, I'd like that delay and reverb process the harmonies as well).

-More and better modulation effects.

-Total control on compression and noise gate.

-A much more intuitive user interface. I might be biased by the Helix LT, but it's probably the easiest to use multieffects I've ever owned. VL3 Extreme's LCD panel would be enough, but a small screen like Line6 HX Stomp would rock.

-No guitar section. I understand it's useful for many people, but a "vocals-only" version would be very welcome, both for reducing the price and for not having something you don't need. All-in-one solutions are cool, but I don't think all singers need the guitar section on the VoiceLive products. 

read more...
    0 20
  • New
    cbeattyjr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-04

I just got a used VL3X, hoping to replace my Headrush Looperboard.

So far I like the vocal and guitar effects.

But my other requirement is to play over pre-made drum loops or backing tracks.  In other words, I don't really live loop. 

I follow the procedure to put the loops on a USB drive and the VL3X recognizes and I am able to import.  But it seems that each loop must be associated with an individual preset.  That's not really what I want to do.  I want to be able, on a whim, scroll the drum loops, choose one, and then play over it.  I know the Headrush and Roland products can do this.  Is it possible on the VL3X?

Also, are the loops and backing tracks stored on the unit when I remove the USB drive?

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 8
    • cbeattyjr
      PedroRodrigues Hi cbeattyjr, thank you for your post, please ponder that the USB flash drive needs to be formatted using the FAT32 file system. NTFS, HFS+ (the OS X file system) or other file systems cannot be read by VL3X.
      Instructions for formatting a USB flash drive with FAT32 can be found here:

wikihow.com/Format-FAT32

Your VL3X can only import MP3 or WAV audio files. (16 bit 48KHZ)
      Insert the USB flash stick into your computer and drag/drop your Backing Tracks onto the drive. You can also use a file manager application.
      Make sure to copy all audio files to the root directory of the flash drive. That means you should not put audio files into folders or subfolders. Your VL3X will not find these files.
      Insert the USB flash drive stick into the USB Host Port on VL3X.
      Your VL3X will recognize all valid audio files in the root directory of the flash drive and make them available for import.
      Press the Store button once.
      Use the arrow buttons below the Control Knob to navigate to the TRACK IMPORT tab.
      I hope this helps
      Thank you
      • Jul 14
  • New
    Mousey321
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-04

Hi

Please could someone give me some advice on whether the Switch 6 works well with Play Acoustic or would i be better getting The Switch 3. 

Thank you

0 5
  • New
    Andesh
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-03

Hi,

Quick question to any user of the VoiceLive Touch 2:

When I touch the Slide bar the VoiceLive turns on or off effects (as if I touched the Hit button). I'm not sure if this is supposed to work like this or not as I find nothing in the guide about this feature. So my question is, if this is intentional, can I turn it off (so that the slide bar only regulates the desired effect without turning anything on or off), and if it's damaged somehow, could a factory reset possibly help?

Thankful for any answer!

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    cbeattyjr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-03

I just bought a used VL3X to, hopefully, replace my Headrush Looperboard.

I want to use the VL3X as a vocal and guitar mixer with effects.  So far so good.  Works fine.

But I also want to import my prerecorded drum loops and be able to browse them all at any time to quickly load up and play to. On a whim. The Looperboard can do that, along with the Roland stuff.  

I copy my loops into the proper file on my USB stick and insert into the VL3X.  The USB is recognized and I choose "select all" and import into the VL3X.  But it seems like the imported loops can only be loaded into presets.  Is that true?  Or is it possible to access my entire loop library at any time, in any preset?

I hope this makes sense.

I also have similar questions about backing tracks, but I'll save that for later.

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 10
  • New
    WaylonPierce
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-02

Started out powering up and sometimes not.  So I purchased replacement adapter.  It no longer powers up ever.

0 18
    • WaylonPierce
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi WaylonPierce, If you have not yet done so could you please open a technical support ticket via the Support tab at the top of the page.
      • Jul 1
  • New
    HenningBerthold
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-06-29

Hi. I have a question - I have a Voicelive Touch (not Touch 2) and a Switch 3 - there are some options which functions can be controlled with the switch - but - can I assign them differently? I would like to switch harmony, delay and another effect with it. many thanks for the help. LG

read more...
    0 14
    • HenningBerthold
      WilliamR There are 8 preset configurations you can use that are assigned in the settings. They are preconfigured to the scenarios on the list
      • Jun 29
      • Voicelive Touch ans Switch 3
        WilliamR 1 Harmony/Favorite/Loop
        2 Loop/Stop/Undo+Redo
        3 Loop/Left button/Right button
        4.Talk/Banks/Favorite
        5 Harmony/Banks/Fav
        6 Harmony/10s/1s
        7 Talk/10s/1s
        8 Harmony/Stop/Loop
        • ·
        • Jun 29
    • HenningBerthold
      HenningBerthold

I thank you. I am aware of this function. that means you can't freely adjust right ?

• Jun 30
  • New
    akivashapiro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-23

Hi,

On some presets, I am able to set the harmony Key by holding down the Harmony footswitchand setting accordingly. Then, when it times out, it shows the Key in small letters below the name of "Double" on screen, for instance "G Maj2". However, with some presets, after it times out, it doesn't do that, then when I go back in with the Harmony footswitch, the original Key is still there, not the one I just set. The preset settings have "Global Off" for everything. I've also tried pressing Store twice after setting the Key before and after it times out. No luck. This happens on some presets but not others. I have not found a pattern as to why some and not others. I've also tried to turn the device off and on, and I've removed the power cable for 2 minutes. Nothing.

Anyone with any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help.

read more...
    0 8
    • akivashapiro
      H1r4m Presiona el botón touch vocal
      Gira la perilla más grande (la que está junto al botón home) unas 3 veces y verás "mode v1" y ese cámbialo a natural play y presionas store x2 y ya estará libre de escalas tu efecto
      • Jun 23
  • New
    Frankd117
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-06-22

I have noticed that while using the vocal harmony function on my VL3 extreme that the harmony cuts in and out or varys in volume while I am singing. Is there a setting that will prevent this?

0 17
    • Frankd117
      NicJonesMT Hi Frankd117
      Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      Please provide as much information on how you have parameters set, and your full setup as possible.
      • Jun 23
    • Frankd117
      H1r4m Prueba modificar los ajustes de voz
      • Jun 23
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme Harmony Cutting Out
        H1r4m Setup - Tone - y ahí modificas las opciones de voz
        • Jun 23
Go to page