Statistics

298,544 members
182,157 posts
  • New
    mykeaster2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-10

I have the original VoiceLive local processor which I love but lately I've been having some problems. When trying to change from song mode to step mode or step mode to present mode The processor loses its mind for a little while showing mix in the read out. Usually it will calm down and go we are on direct after a while. Also when setting harmonies in preset moon the third voice control often will not respond properly. Is there a firmware update that might correct these prongs or should I send the unit in for a refurbishment? I don't have proof of purchase as I purchased this unit used several years ago. Will that be a problem? Thanks for your help

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    prabara71
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-06

Hello Tribe, 

I want to know about the settings for manual key and scales. There isn't any place that I have found that has the answer. When selecting manual, pressing both buttons allows you to select the key. I get that. However, the "1, 2, and 3" for scales is totally unknown. Please help. I'm assuming major, minor, and chromatic, but I don't know and would like to dial this in. Any help? 

read more...
    0 128
    • prabara71
      kiskadar69 The key and scale in Harmony-G XT is shown in 2 or 3 sequential flashes. If the "-" character does not flash, it means one of the major scales. If the "-" character flashes, it means one of the minor scales. For example:

- an E might flash, then a number 1 indicating "E major 1" scale.
      - an E might flash, then a dash "-", and then a number 3 indicating "E minor 3" scale.

The number corresponds to one of three major and three minor modified scales. Choosing an alternate scale may help you find a fixed-key harmony that works best for your song.
      • Jun 6
    • prabara71
      kiskadar69 "does it even matter about the scale selection?": yes, it matters. For example, the "minor 1" scale will produce different notes than the "minor 2" scale.
      "how do you add or remove the dash?": with the right footswitch you can choose from 6 scales: "major 1", "major 2", "major 3", "minor 1", "minor 2", "minor 3".

Read the Harmony-G XT manual and watch the following video. If you have a Harmony-G XT, give it a try.
      • Jun 7
  • New
    EODBoogieman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-05

Just recently I started to get what sounds like a ground hum in my voicelive 2.  Not sure what caused it.  It is getting power through a power conditioner so that shouldn't be the issue.  Help!!

0 7
    • EODBoogieman
      PedroRodrigues Hi EODBoogieman, thank you for your post, in this case I would first suggest to check if the cables you are suing with your Voicelive 2 are in good conditions, it is important to confirm that you are using the correct PSU for your unit, that must be a Positive Center Negative PSU that offers 12v 1.0 A. If you have confirmed all these steps and you still have the same issue reported I would then suggest to follow the link below to access the guidance and the tools to recover your unit. https://wsi.li/dl/ceXzzgetatXRcdtw3/ I hope this helps Thank you
      • Jun 7
  • New
    Forhbr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-04

I´ve just bought a MP85 microphone to use with my VLT 2 but the harmony and harmony hold are not responding correctly to MIC Control feature. As I press the button the harmony effect acts like harmony moment, but as I keep pressing it goes to the harmony hold. I understand that as I press the MIC Control button the harmony effect should be "on", and at the second press should be "off". For harmony hold I should press and keep it pressed for the effect.

For hit and hit moment, or hit & talk the effects works as expected.

The issue is just for harm+harm hold.

My VLT 2 is updated with the last firmware. Tried to downgrade but everything remains the same.

Does anybody have the factory firmware? Want to try this one and see what happens.

read more...
    0 17
    • Forhbr
      PedroRodrigues Hi Forhbr, thank you for your post, in this case I would suggest first performing a factory reset.

To restoring the factory settings of TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch 2, you must power up the unit.

Then hold the LEFT BOTTOM and LEFT TOP Matrix buttons while the display shows text until the display shows the initialization message.

The Factory Reset procedure is complete.

Please see a video by following the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiIcwTFHJhM

When the factory reset is concluded I would suggest following the link below to access the guidance and the tools present on the link below: https://wsi.li/dl/E54ENtDrQeFu9tEuA/

I hope this helps

Thank you
      • Jun 7
    • Forhbr
      Forhbr

Thanks Pedro, but the factory reset didn´t work. Still with the issue. How can I get the factory firmware for tests?

• Jun 16
  • New
    drw430
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-02

Question: I'm setting the tone button to engage both tone and pitch ( light constantly flashes): also engaging the double voice button. I want this to stay consistent. When I engage a preset either A or B setting, then take that preset off it doesn't look like the original setting for just the tone and double button as originally set . It's like I have to reset each time I come off using a preset set up.... what am I doing wrong?  Thks

read more...
    0 59
    • drw430
      PedroRodrigues Hi drw430, thank you for your post, I would first suggest performing a factory reset followed by a Firmware Update.

Please take in to account that the reset will delete all your edited presets and return all settings to the factory defaults.

To reset the unit, insert the power connector while holding the Manual and Voice 2 buttons.

When it comes to the Firmware Update process please follow the link below to access the guidance and the tools for this process:

https://wsi.li/dl/8Y86EQJLtKCj58qcT/

When the firmware update is concluded, please check the full manual for this unit specifically page 16 to assist you on how using the Tone Button and for any other configuration. To access the manual for this unit please follow the link below:

https://wsi.li/dl/jacq4XR47daZ5Qin4/

Thank you
      • Jun 3
    • drw430
      kiskadar69 I'm not sure I understand your problem, but I'll try to answer.
      Some of the Harmony-G XT parameters are global, others are preset parameters.
      1. The Tone button, Guitar pot, FX pot and Harmony pot are global parameters.
      2. The Manual button, the Double button, the FX button, the Voice 1 button, and the Voice 2 button are preset parameters. If you want Double to be on in all presets, you must do the following for each preset:
      2.1. Select the preset.
      2.2. Turn on Double.
      2.3. Save the preset by holding down the Preset button.
      • Jun 3
  • New
    markusaltendorfer
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-30

Hallo,

ich habe ein Perform VK. aber wie stelle ich Midi Kanal 16 ein? Auf meinem Midifiles ist auf kanal 16 die Vokal Harmonie.

Danke für die Hilfe 

0 72
    • markusaltendorfer
      PedroRodrigues Hi markusaltendorfer, thank you for your post. Regarding your questions please be aware that this unit only offers one MIDI input port that effectively responds to Control Change (CC), Program Change (PC) and MIDI Tempo (not MIDI Clock) information.
      For convenience, we have mapped many PERFORM-VK CC’s to the Behringer UMA25s controller keyboard. The “UMA25s Mapping” column shows the button or control on the UMA25s related to each control.
      When it comes to MIDI PC Messages the PERFORM-VK’s 3 presets correspond to Program Change Bank 0: 125, 126, 127
      The following chart shows a list of all available control changes. The MIDI channel can be set by holding the Set button and pressing a note on a connected MIDI keyboard.
      The MIDI channel on which this note was sent will be used as the MIDI receive channel.

Regarding the RPn/nRPn Implementation the RPN 0: Pitch Bend Sensitivity,this is a standard way to change pitch bend range.
      When it comes to MIDI Tempo, the Perform-VK responds to incoming MIDI tempo and will adjust system Tap Tempo accordingly.
      About Split Point and Transpose, when controlling harmony via MIDI, in either Notes mode or NaturalPlay, it is sometimes desirable to have one section of the keyboard designated to sending that control information.
      It could be the area that your left hand is, to play chords of harmonies.
      In order to designate an area of the keyboard to respond to, a Split Point is set. Any notes, either above or below the split point, are deemed useable by the system. Notes outside the range are rejected.
      To set the Split Point, hold the SET button and press the note on your keyboard that you want to act as the split note.
      Then, to choose a split ABOVE that note, release the split note and press a note ONE SEMITONE ABOVE your split note. To choose a split BELOW, release the split note and press a note ONE SEMITONE BELOW your split note.
      This creates a split, above or below, with no transposition, in order to set a split point AND transpose the incoming MIDI notes, you will choose a different note in place of the ABOVE/BELOW notes mentioned above.
      It will seem a bit confusing but does allow you to make both a split above/below point AND transpose either up or down. So, here’s a chart and some explanation.

In the chart above, “X” is the split note, the point at which you want to split the keyboard, as explained previously.
      To facilitate things like “split above, but transpose down” we need to have settings both above and below your split point. That’s where the chart comes in.
      For example, if you want to split ABOVE middle C, typically known as C4, but transpose DOWN so that C4 is actually C2, you’d do the following:
      1. Hold SET
      2. Press middle C (C4)
      3. Press the note 6 SEMITONES DOWN from middle C (F#) If you want to split BELOW middle C (C4) and transpose up so that C4 is C6, you’d:
      1. Hold SET 2. Press middle C (C4)
      3. Press the note 2 SEMITONES DOWN from middle C (A#)
      You may need to experiment a bit to figure this out, but it does give you the ability to set your split point, split direction and transposition very quickly.

Thank you
      • Jun 1
    • markusaltendorfer
      markusaltendorfer Hallo Pedro, ich habe ein Yamaha Tyros 2. Wenn ich ein Midifile abspiele sind auf Kanal 16 die Vokal Harmonie Befehle. Diese sollen an das Perform VK gesendet werden. Muss ich jetzt das Keyboard einstellen das nur Kanal 16 gesendet wird. Oder wie Stelle ich das Perform ein? Aus deiner Liste bin ich leider überhaupt nicht schlau geworden.
      • Jun 1
    • markusaltendorfer
      markusaltendorfer Schöne Grüsse Markus
      • Jun 1
    • markusaltendorfer
      markusaltendorfer

Super, habe jetzt sehr viel eingespielt und ich glaube ich habe alles verstellt. ;-) kann ich auch sowas wie ein Reset machen?

• Jun 1
    • markusaltendorfer
      markusaltendorfer

Super, habe jetzt sehr viel eingespielt und ich glaube ich habe alles verstellt. ;-) kann ich auch sowas wie ein Reset machen?

• Jun 1
  • New
    LEOGATO7
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-27

I JUST WANNA KNOW IF IT POSSIBLE TO CONNECT BOSS GT1 TROUGH THE PLAY ACOUSTIC. I HAVE SEVERAL SOUNDS INTO GT1 AND NEEDS TO USE IT. IF ANY PROBLEM TO CONNECT FROM GT1 OUTPUT TO GUITAR IN PLAY ACOUSTIC?

I LIKE THE SOUND GUITAR BODYREZ BUT I NEED TO FLANGE, TREMOLO, DISTORTION AND SO ON. ONLY IS POSSIBLE FROM GT1.

read more...
    0 23
    • LEOGATO7
      PedroRodrigues Hi LEOGATO7, thank you for your post, please ponder that this unit the Play Acoustic offers several parameters to set up the output such as:

1)-The Vocal/Guitar (DI) setting, with this setting, vocal and Aux signals are sent over one XLR connector, and guitar signals over the other XLR.

2)- With the Stereo setting, a stereo mix of Vocal, Guitar and Aux signals is sent over both XLR outputs

3)-With the Mono Setting all effected vocal and guitar sounds are sent via the left XLR output.
      Dry vocals, with Tone and pitch correction, if you have set the Pitch Cor Amt parameter on the Input page to a value other than zero, are sent via the right XLR output.

The unit also offers on the outputs stage tools such as the Vocal cancelation function and the Lead Mute parameter.
      The first tool that attempts to remove the vocals from a piece of music while the second tool mutes the lead vocal and only output the processed signals.

1)- With the Off setting/ On setting
      When it’s on “Off set mode” no processing is performed on the Aux input signal.
      When it’s on “On setting mode”, Play Acoustic will attempt to remove lead vocals from a piece of music.
      This will create “Karaoke” style music for you to sing along to, including key information for harmony generation.

2)- With the Off setting/ On setting
      When the Lead Mute parameter has the “Off setting” activated Lead Vocals are routed to the main mix.
      When the Lead Mute parameter has the “On setting” activated Lead vocals are removed from the main mix.

I hope this clarifies the options you have available to configure your unit and how you must set it up to reflect your creative intentions.

For a more information on how to set up your unit’s output please follow the link below to access the full manual for your PLAY ACOUSTIC, please check pages 21 and 27

https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEF

Thank you
      • May 27
  • New
    OzPianist
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-26

I wanted to install the latest update just because the internal mics are always doing feedback on the PA speakers no matter what and I could not find any option to turn off that mic or something about it. So I used to record no problem on LOGIC, but then I opened the newest VOICESUPPORT 2 and it wasn't being detected (VOICELIVE 3 icon appeared on MIDI DEVICES with a question mark below it, and the VOICELIVE 3 XTREME icon was on MY OFFLINE TCH DEVICES). It is recognized as a MIDI only, so I decided to do a factory setting restart. After that it is not recognized by the mac as a sound device anymore, Voicesupport2 and Logic as well. Tried in 2 different macs.

It is crazy that something ended on making the VL3X useless for me, i'm very dissapointed of the many user unfriendly things about it. I'm begging for some help!! 

read more...
    0 26
    • OzPianist
      Mirsa Hey, you need to maybe install the 2.2 firmware again before because yours is not 2.2 after factory reset ?
      • May 27
    • OzPianist
      PedroRodrigues Hi OzPianist, thank you for your post, please follow the link below to access the tools and the guidance to perform a firmware update on your VL3X

https://wsi.li/dl/ofsYxC2S3tR6teiZc/

When the update process is concluded, and you wish to connect your VL3X to the VOICESUPPORT 2 it is important that you confirm that you do not have any DAW or any MIDI software running on your computer to avoid any issue connecting with VOICESUPPORT 2.

To set up your VL3X with a PA, please see the set-up guide on the picture below.

I hope this helps
      • May 27
      • VL 3 XTREME - USB AUDIO IS NOT DETECTED ON MAC AFTER FACTORY SETTINGS RESTART! HELP!!!!!!
        Josequinox2024 Thank you very much, you are the best.
        • ·
        • May 29
  • New
    Floydrose2005
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-26

Hi everyone

Had my Voicelive 3 Extreme for 18 months and all of a sudden it won't turn on.  No lights, screen, nothing.

I haven't even gigged with it yet, so very disappointed.

Has anyone had this happen?

David

0 7
    • Floydrose2005
      NicJonesMT Hi Floydrose2005.
      Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      What is the Voltage, Amps and Polarity of the power cable you are currently using, and have you tested with an alternative cable?
      • May 27
    • Floydrose2005
      Floydrose2005

Hi NicJonesMT, a new cable came this morning and it's working! Thanks for you reply

• May 27
  • New
    TorstenPeh
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-26

By mistake I installed the latest software for the "tc helicon voice live play" via voicesupport 2. But I have the "tc helicon play acoustic". What can I do to get rid of the wrong firmware? Where do I get the latest firmware for my "tc helicon play acoustic"?

Can't find it on the TC Helicon website.

read more...
    0 14
    • TorstenPeh
      WilliamR Hello, William from the musictribe here. I believe I was the one that helped resolve this for you through tech support. If I am mistaken please click on the Support link above and create a tech support case and we can get you all sorted.
      • May 26
      • installed wrong firmware by mistake on my play acoustic
        mrnewty74 I have the same issue, please advise. I submitted a support request. thanks
        • Aug 8
      • installed wrong firmware by mistake on my play acoustic
        studioakord did you solve the problem. i have the same problem
        • Fri at 4:10 AM
    • TorstenPeh
      studioakord I wanted to update my TC Helicon PLAY ACOUSTIC to VoiceSupport 2. But instead VoiceSupport installed the Voicelive Play firmware on it. Now I can't use the guitar input anymore and I can't get to the guitar menu.
      Any chance I can reinstall the Play Acoustic firmware?
      I tried to find it in the VoiceSupport software but no luck
      • Fri at 4:08 AM
Go to page