Statistics

209,197 members
81,496 posts
  • New
    ptlaino
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

I am wondering if the phantom power (when engaged) also comes out of the 1/4 jack? The phantom power engages 4 channels at once and I don't want to have to unplug all my synts just to use a mic for a bit.

Any and all info or suggestions are welcome!

read more...
    0 1
    • ptlaino
      RexBeckett Hi ptlaino, phantom power is not applied to the 1/4" jack sockets. It is only supplied to the XLR input sockets.
      • 7 hours ago
    • ptlaino
      ptlaino Thanks for the quick response! Good to know
      • 7 hours ago
  • New
    NiBBaChan69
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

A couple of days ago I registered my Behringer UMC404HD and I am yet to receive my redemption code for Tracktion. I've been checking my spam and junk folder and nothing of the sorts is there.

0 3
    • NiBBaChan69
      Nigel67 Hi, I apologise that you didn't receive your Traktion code. If you can tell me the Case number that you were given when you registered your Product, then I will send you the code. You should have received an automatic reply when you registered.
      • 11 hours ago
      • Missing Tracktion redemption code.
        NiBBaChan69 CAS-416381-C0D0R0
        • 11 hours ago
        NiBBaChan69 I received a confirmation of registration but no code.
        • 11 hours ago
        Nigel67 I have just sent you the code.
        • 8 hours ago
  • New
    donkeyXP
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-24

Does someone know if electro static charges can break audio interfaces? I had one on mine. I was trying to clean dust with a dust wiper. (UMC404 HD)

0 3
    • donkeyXP
      RexBeckett Hi donkeyXP, electrostatic discharge (ESD) can damage any electronic device. Most products contain protection against ESD but a large enough dischage can still cause damage. Are you now having problems with your UMC404HD?
      • Jan 24
      • Question
        donkeyXP I tested the mic and it still works. Does the outer case of the Interface not protect the parts inside? And how can I prevent ESD?
        • Mon at 1:57 AM
      • Question
        RexBeckett The outer case offers a lot of protection but a large ESD to one of the connectors could still cause damage. ESD can be minimized by discharging any static build-up before touching sensitive equipment. The simple way to do this is by touching some grounded metal. In cold conditions the humidity drops and the risk of ESD increases.

People who work with sensitive electronics often wear grounded wrist-straps to prevent static build-up.
        • Mon at 2:46 AM
  • New
    D123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-23

Yesterday, I set up my interface U-Phoria 1820, everything worked fine, monitoring, recording, everything. This morning I plugged my midi keyboard, it was recording but no monitoring was possible. Tried in Logic and Garageband on both Catalina and Big Sur. Then I tried to listen songs in Music and had no sound. I unhook everything, still was not working. It is my fifth audio interface and I do recording since many years. Now, it dosen't even recognise the interface. How can you help ?

read more...
    0 5
    • D123
      Nigel67 HiD123. Audio issues with Big Sur are purely Apple‘s domain or daw related. Our device is fully UAC2.0 compliant (do not require drivers) and should keep working under CoreAudio as before. The unit could have developed a fault with its USB interface and you appear to have tested it on other computers without success which does appear to prove that scenario. Have you tried a different USB cable? Are you using a USB hub. If so, please trying plugging the unit straight into the computer. If it is still not recognised, please click on the support tab at the top of the page. In the new window that opens, scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. One of my colleagues will then get back to you.
      • Jan 24
    • D123
      john0121 Hi, John from Music Tribe here. The UMC is class compliant and should work as plug and play on any Mac OS using the Core Audio. You should be able to see the UMC listed in System Preferences> Sound as an input and output device. If this is not the case then I would suggest to fill out the tech support form via the support button at the top of the page and a member of the team can go through some troubleshooting with you.
      • Jan 24
  • New
    Bregelad
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-22

I have a UM2 which I would like to set it up on a Raspberry Pi 400 - the operating system of which is Raspbian - based on the Debian Linux distro. I'm also using Reaper. The problem is that I need to get Linux to acknowledge that the UM2 (or any other AI that I choose to use for recording purposes) exists.

I can't find anything like ASOI4All that works with Linux.

Help!

read more...
    0 5
    • Bregelad
      Paul_Vannatto Linux is like the Mac in that it does not need drivers, since all Behringer products are Core compliant. In Reaper, select ALSA or Pulse Audio and it should show up. I'm using linux Mint on my laptop with great success. When I get a moment, I will fire up my Raspberry Pi and get more detailed instructions.

If you are looking for plugins for Reaper, I have created a VST to LIN converter, since linux Reaper doesn't recognise VST .dll files (they need to be .so files). Let me know and I can compile a Raspberry Pi version of it.
      • Jan 22
  • New
    LoganAtSea
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-21

Where can I connect a powered sub to the UMC1820? I'm using up the two mains for speakers, but need more low end? 

0 11
    • LoganAtSea
      NicJonesMT Hi Logan.
      There isnt a dedicated sub out on the UMC, so if using a DAW you could route your signal to one of the Line outputs.
      Alternatively you could look at introducing a Crossover into your setup. Some studio Monitors actually have a Sub output built into them aswell to allow you to quickly and easily connect.

I hope this helps!
      • Jan 20
  • New
    Kevvy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-20

Hello, I have a Beringer umc1820, using Audacity, i cant record multitrack, it will on see 2 inputs. the link for asio4all, does not let me download this driver.   This should be a straight forward thing to do.

thou, using Ableton, with its asio, I can do so here.

so can anyone using this pre amp, multitrack record, this is the reason i bought this.

thank you all.Kevin

read more...
    0 9
    • Kevvy
      RexBeckett Hello Kevin, your problem is because Audacity does not support the ASIO interface. This is due to issues with licencing. ASIO4ALL will not help with this. ASIO is required to overcome some issues with Windows handling of multi-channel audio. The UMC1820 driver provides the ASIO interface for compatible DAW software.

There are many good DAW packages that do support ASIO so, if you use one of them, you will be able to access all the channels on your UMC1820.
      • Jan 20
    • Kevvy
      Kevvy Thank you, I don't then get why Behringer had Audacity as a download, for my product. I'll use Ableton. :-)
      • Jan 20
  • New
    AMLBE
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-19

Hi,

Just received the UMC 1820 unit and installed the latest Windows 10 driver.
    On my screen a childish interface panel appears in which the VU meters don't work to start with in the mixer.

Have a coax cable in and out connected to the Spdif in and out of the UMC 1820 to the RME ADI-2 and I can't get a synced clock or any Spdif connection. I know what I'm doing the UMC 1820 is only replacing a M-audio interface, but I already regret my choice!

Please some help!

Regards & Thanks,
    David

read more...
    0 6
    • AMLBE
      Dlee27k Hi there! I bought a Behringer UCM404HD 4x4 USB INTERFACE through PRO-AUDIO STAR, from the very moment I downloaded its drivers to get to work, this interface has not worked properly. It shuts down all the time, and buffers all the time and brings all sorts of problems to my computer. I have changed computers to no avail. I have a few Behringer products, but this one is very problematic. It has destroyed my computer three times. I contacted PRO-AUDIO star, talked to them about this problem, they asked me to send them an email, I did, and it has been two years and a half, this interface has not served me, but brought me a lot of problems, including the blue-screens it brings to my windows 10 systems that cause me to lose dater all the time. Please, I need a solution to this thing. I just called Pro-audio Star again, after a while, and they finally told me to contact Behringer, here I am. needing help. Please, I need help. Thank you.
      • Jan 19
      • UMC 1820 Spdif not syncing and does nothing
        DavidKnighton Hello Dlee27K,
        Looks like you are replying to someone else's post. Sounds like your unit will need to be serviced. Please click on the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page and scroll down to SERVICE REQUEST to begin your ticket.
        • Jan 19
    • AMLBE
      AMLBE Tried the UMC 1820 with Cubase, Wavelab, and Reaper (latest versions and updates) still the Spdif in and out doesn't work, whatever button combination I try. On Windows 10 latest updates, latest UMC 1820 driver. There must be a error in the driver that doesn't act stable anyway and looks like it's made 20 years ago. When I hook up my old M-audio interface in the exact same setup it works instantly! I'm going to return this interface. It's the last Behringer product I ever bought!!!! I was warned !
      • Jan 20
  • New
    gskrupp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-19

Hi there! I recently bought an UMC22, installed the ASIO4ALL driver, and it's working perfectly fine on Reaper, both microphone and headphones. But i just can't make it work on any other software, even though it's selected as the standard input and output audio device on windows. Sometimes either the microphone or the headphone starts working, but only if just one of them is selected as standard device, not both. 

I have a 64bit win10.

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    maton94
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-18

Hello, I'm looking for studio monitors for the UMC 404 HD interface, budget up to 90 euro;)

0 7
Go to page