Statistics

259,719 members
138,127 posts
  • New
    billyg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-19

I am new here and hoping some of you can help me with thoughts/advise on using the X-Touch (8 fader) controller with Reaper. I am considering buying this controller. I am running the latest version of Reaper on a Mac Mini that is running the latest (Monterey) OS. I've heard rumers of the faders being very loud when running automation. Is there a Reaper overlay for the 8 channel X-Touch? I saw a video showing an overlay for the X-Touch One and the setup looked very simple. Are there any issues I should be concerned with? Thanks!

read more...
    0 6
    • billyg
      NicJonesMT Hi BillyG.
      Unfortunately the overlays are for the XT1 only, however there are a few third party companies that sell these for the full size model.

With regard to Fader noise, Personally I dont think they are that loud. There is a motorised noise however i dont find it obtrusive or distracting.

The best thing I can recommend would possible be to look on youtube at user reviews or people actually using the controller.
      • Nov 21
  • New
    MartyAtias
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-28

My X-touch with FW 1.21 works well controlling an X32 over a local network connection. And I can control an off-premises X32 remotely with the X-Edit software.

Now I need the X-Touch to talk with X-Edit, which should work in MC /USB mode. However while the faders work, the button mapping is all over the place making it unusable. This happens in MC/USB mode even with a local X32.

Has anyone here been able to get this to work?

Thanks

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    JackDarling
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-10-26

I recently got an X-Touch One to use with Logic Pro X. When I first plugged it in everything was working well, except that the fader wasn't controlling the selected track. After doing some research, I found out that there was new firmware to fix that. I updated and that solved the original issue, but know the Pan Knob doesn't seem to functino at all. None of the indicator lights will turn on and it won't control panning on the active channel.

Does anyone have any insight about what might be happening here?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 37
    • JackDarling
      PedroRodrigues Hi JackDarling, thank you fo r your post, in this case I would suggest to check the video guide present on the link below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOHi26sqOks Thank you
      • Oct 30
      • X-Touch One - Pan Knob not working in Logic Pro X
        JackDarling Thanks Pedro, I followed the manufacturer's instructions to set up the device properly. As I said, panning was working until I updated the firmware (which I had to do to fix another feature that wasn't working).
        • Nov 2
  • New
    cbarnes
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-23

I'm connecting the X-touch Extender to an Akai Force and using it in MIDI mode. Is there anyway that I can change the internal MIDI Recieve parameters? I want to the button light on/off to respond to CC messages instead of Note on/off with Velocity. For example, I want to turn on the button light for the first mute button. Can I change it from responding to Note-On Velocity 127 to CC 1 Value 127? Basically I can't send back the correct message to turn the light; the Midi Learn on the Force only lets me send CC to a MIDI track. Mapping inputs is no problem, but the button lights don't toggle the way you would expect. With some guidance I could update the firmware with https://hexed.it to change the internal params.

read more...
    0 6
    • cbarnes
      DaveMorrison The Extender has no programmability. The assignments are fixed for whichever mode you are in. If the Akai can't send the message the X-touch expects to see, you would need some device in between to translate.
      • Oct 23
  • New
    shmengie
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-16

Hi All:

Just got my X-Touch One yesterday. First thing I did was upgrade the firmware (to 1.07). I see that when I switch the fader to Master, the LCD turns off. Is that right? I would have assumed it would change to Master instead of turning off. Just checking.

Thanks for humoring a noob...

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    ToddClemmer
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-16

I am using an X-Touch with a XR18

Updated my brand new X-Touch from 1.12 to 1.21
    Used MIDI-OX

After reboot all my faders fly to the top as soon as a channel is adjusted on my XR18.
    They won't move back unless I pull them down.
    All other controls seem to work normal

I am using X-Air 1.7

read more...
    0 18
  • New
    derschulz20
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-14

dear knowing folks! i bought an m1 Mac Mini in February 2021 and did some tracking with Reaper and X-Touch - no issues: all LEDs were working, scribble strips showing track names, faders operated as expected. 

October 2021: no LEDs anymore, no track names and faders on 0 or moving to 0!!!! But still working on as they should on an old Win Laptop 

On the Behringer product page there is a firmware 1.21, so i tried to update - not with the M1 but with my older Lenovo Win10 Laptop unfortunately no success: the x-touch display read "1.21    1.04", but nothing works and the encoder LEDs showing "full left"

Is 1.21 really the latest firmware? 

I don´t know why it was working before and i don´t have a clue how to make it working again!

read more...
    0 28
    • derschulz20
      PedroRodrigues Hi derschulz20, thank you for your post please consider that the latest firmware for the X-TOUCH is in fact 1.21.
      The process to update is the following:
      Please follow the link below to download the latest firmware for your unit.

https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0B1X

Windows users can use SendSX for sending the update file to the controller.

Steps to update the firmware:
      Keep DISPLAY button pressed during power-on
      Connect X-TOUCH to computer via USB
      Use any MIDI SysEx dumper to send the update file (.syx), don't send faster than standard MIDI rate.

-SendSX or MIDI-OX on Windows recommended

-Snoize SysEx Librarian on OSX recommended

Cycle power after the dump has been sent

Confirm the firmware version by holding down the DISPLAY button during power on and you are ready to proceed with the connection process of your preferred mixer.
      Concerning the issue you have reported on your M1 Mac I would advise you to contact Apple directly as the new architecture released on the M1 may create issues on units developed for the Intel Chip architecture that is no longer used and any information on this matter is exclusive provided by Apple. Thank you
      • Oct 15
      • X-touch firmware
        derschulz20

@PedroRodrigues: thank you, unfortunately idid what U told me before and I did it again

• Oct 15
    • derschulz20
      derschulz20 but no success!
      • Oct 15
    • derschulz20
      derschulz20 I tried to update exakt as Pedro described, used a Win PC an a M1 Mac Mini, tried different USB cabel on different USB ports with different software and different transmission speeds -> the above picture is what i get. Looks like my unit is not able to run firmware 1.21! At least it is possible to step back to 1.15.
      • Oct 15
  • New
    Tango24
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-03

Hi,

Ive seen some vids on how to do it with Logic but since i only need to controll my MR-18, I dont have software at this stage. How do I replace the Function buttons with Bus 1,2,3,4 etc?

Thanks

Todd

0 8
  • New
    Toinou75011
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-02

Hey ! 

I'm a VJ and I'd like to buy a Behringer X Touch for my lives showq, but I don't know if this product is compatible with Resolume Arena ? 

Does anyone here use this controller for video ? 

Tx ! 

0 13
  • New
    JDLX
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-29

Hi ! hI! I am an owner of the DAW Presonus Studio One 5.4 I would like to ask something about Behringer X touch one. Many users on the internet say that when you select a track from the x touch one , the track is not selected on the mixer of Studio One. Is this problem fixed with the latest firmware update(1.8) ( I have not bought x touch  one yet)

read more...
    0 15
Go to page