Statistics

254,883 members
132,625 posts
  • New
    ChristianMonhei
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-27

Hello, I have my Plethora for 5 days now and I enjoy it a lot. The new update is great.

But I miss 2 things : be able to see the values when using the Hot Knobz, maybe it is possible to show the 3 values for the Knobz as

soon as you tweak them.

be able to sync the tempo via midiclock.

Thank you for your work.

Cheers from Belgium

read more...
    1 45
    • ChristianMonhei
      TC-Mike HI Christian, thanks for the feedback . "Midi clock sync" is already on the feature request list for 1.3 update and has currently a lot of votes. the HOT KNOBZ parameter display feature is also already logged as a feature request and has been noted by other customers as well ranking on 3rd place for UI improvment feature requests..
      • Jan 4
  • New
    tangozebra
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-25

The 1.2 upgrade is overall pretty awesome and it's very cool that feateures continue to be added. I have pretty basic Looper needs so was hoping the Plethora looper would be able to replace a separate looper pedal; however there seems to be no way send a midi command for it to STOP, similar to double tapping the Plethora Looper itself. To be clear, I'm trying ot go from recording a loop to having it paused for future playback. If you send a PAUSE command to the Looper while recording, it starts playing immediatly and I've tried various other midi command sequences to get it to STOP with no luck.

Is there a way to do this or can I request it for the next release?

Thanks so much for continueing to improve the product.

read more...
    1 66
    • tangozebra
      lyounkins I second this request. The function of the Pause CC command could be changed (and perhaps renamed to Stop) to terminate the loop and stop playback if recording or simply stop playback if playing. Right now, there's no way to stop a loop while recording without playing it back. Another nice feature to have would be a playback fade as is implemented in the Ditto X4 looper.
      • December 26, 2020
      • Plethora X5 Looper STOP Midi Command
        TC-Mike thx, we have this already logged as a feature request and i agree it is a bit misleading as the "pause" function resets playback to Loop start.
        • ·
        • Jan 4
  • New
    ekbannan
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-21

How do you delete unwanted/unused Toneprints from the X5 to limit the length of the list to scroll throgh?

I would like to limit the options to about 10 for each FX.

update: I found out you can delete them 1 at a time by pressing and holding the toneprint knob.  How about the ability to manage the toneprints on the X5 from the editior?  You can upload them but I don't see a way to manage them from the app. The ability to select and delete in batches and have the master toneprint files used/wanted on the X5 by pedal would be a nice feature.

Thanks,

Ed

read more...
    1 54
    • ekbannan
      TC-Mike Yuu just select the Toneprint you want to delete in the on-board TP library (screen 5) and press and hold the TONEPRINT encoder to access DELETE function
      • Jan 4
  • New
    Zoobiedood
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-12-20
    I currently use a Ditto X4, as it is possible to have 2 completely independent loops. Now, the new update to the Plethora has several more loops at once that are completely independent. Wonderful!

Is there a 'fade' parameter that affects all of the loops (like on the Ditto X4)? This fades out any loops playing over 10 seconds or so.

read more...
    0 61
    • Zoobiedood
      TC-Mike Please note that the Plethora's loopers can neither be synced nor have any save or undo/redo features !, so please check if this will work for you.
      • Jan 4
    • Zoobiedood
      Zoobiedood Well, I was hoping they were completely independent. Do they have a master fade for all of the loops? Maybe something to add later?
      • Jan 4
  • New
    ruezz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-18

Just wanted to say thank you for releasing the update. It looks fantastic and I am seriously thinking about leaving work early to head home and install it.

What are the chances of being able to add external tap tempo through the exp jack in the next update?

I might ask once a day till we can make this happen. :)

Thanks again for the update. Looks great!!!

Zack

read more...
    2 58
  • New
    ouzoman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-18

A big thank you to TC Electronic for releasing the new firmware - looking forward to exploring the new features.

One issue though - The v1.2 Release Notes state:

"Please note that in order to use the new effects, you will need the latest version of the Toneprint app 4.4 that can be found in the app store,. . . "

All I can see online is 4.3.02 - please enlighten us.

Best,

John

read more...
    0 121
  • New
    Jimharris
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-15

Expression pedal for G system

I am looking to add a expression pedal to my G system what specs do I need for it what brand or model expression pedal works with G system 

0 47
    • Jimharris
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jim, please follow the link below that will help you on this matter for the G-system https://wsi.li/dl/x265S3s4DWjvKePpf/
      • December 16, 2020
      • Expression pedal for G system
        GoWithTheFlo84 Hello PedroRodrigues,

As the link is no more active, may I ask you if the pdf you kindly sent to Jimharris is only about Expression pedal specification or is it more generalist ? I am looking to find a white paper about G-system, I have read on some forums that it is very intersting for new users like me. Thank you very much, regards
        • ·
        • Mar 16
  • New
    Andrew302052
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-14

The Expression pedal works with the pitch shifter but it feels very stiff when trying to sweep from voice 1 to voice 2 in my opinion. (Looking for it to work in a similar fashion to the whammy) Any attention that could be given to optimizing the expression pedal with the pitch shifter would be greatly apperciated. Just a thought. Thanks!

read more...
    0 70
    • Andrew302052
      PedroRodrigues Hi Andrew, thank you for your contribution, I will forward this matter to t the R&D team. Thank you
      • December 15, 2020
    • Andrew302052
      TC-Marcus Howdy Andrew G!
      You could try setting the "Bend Time" parameter. It controls how quickly the bend parameter is applied. This should enable you to get smoother transitions.
      • December 16, 2020
  • New
    JOKarso
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-10

Has an "M-one Dual Effects Processor" that has been incorrectly updated with software for the M-one XL. The display shows a message that the wrong software has been installed and that the correct version must be downloaded from TC's Electronics website.

Someone who knows where I can find the right version of the software. Can't find the right version of the software on TC Electronic website for this model will, only to the M-One XL.

read more...
    0 80
  • New
    Zikkolo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-06

Hi all ! There's one particular point that I haven't understood so far about the intervals in Quintessence : when you set the harmony for upper 3rds for instance, do you ALWAYS get a harmony note 2 steps above the note being played (whatever scale you selected) ?

To be simple, say in ionan C scale, if you're playing C E G notes in a row, do you get ONLY an E G B harmony notes ? To me, it's ok for E and B but B is the 7th note of the scale and it would be more logical to get a high C, which is the case in "classic" harmony.

This seems to be what happens from various demos I have watched. I am looking for a possibility to get a high C instead of a 7th for basic harmony lines. Is that tweakable via TonePrints for instance ? Which would mean that when the pedal detects the 5th degree of a scale being played, it produces a 4th harmony note instead.

And this whatever scale pattern you select.

I still haven't got a Quintessence, I just want to be sure before getting one.

Well, I hope I am clear enough and I haven't missed any technical info about that pedal, sorry if I have !

Thanks for your help,

JHR

read more...
    0 52
    • Zikkolo
      WilliamR Hello Jean, If you are using thirds your assumption is correct. It would be locked to diatonic thirds, two notes above the note you are playing based on the scale and the key you are playing. The only workaround would be assigning the harmony change to the mash switch. The harmonies will always be locked into the scale diatonically.
      • December 7, 2020
      • "hard 3rds" only with Quintessence ?
        Zikkolo Hello William !
        • December 8, 2020
        Zikkolo Thanks very much for your reply, it confirms what I had guessed from the demos I heard. This pedal is meant for intricate and "head blowing" harmonies rather than very classic ones I think. With a few add-ons to the pedal's fonctionalities (programmable harmonisation intervals inside each scale and more Tone prints memories available) it could do the job for guys like me.
        • December 8, 2020
        Zikkolo Sorry, William, I pressed Enter twice by error !
        • December 8, 2020
        Zikkolo The MASH switch could help indeed, but on slow stuff only I think. For uptempo things it might be quite risky and approximative, at least for me ! Thanks again and Happy music to you ! JH
        • ·
        • December 8, 2020
Go to page