Statistics

254,250 members
131,916 posts
  • Wreford
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

I am not if this the correct area for this discussion but I have recently bought the TC electronics hall of fame 2 reverb pedal but there is no sound coming through at all. I was using a modular synth with sound out put through the pedal. The pedal peers on,  The red light comes on, the mash light comes on but no sound coming through. I have used other pedals the same way and these have worked fine. Is something I am missing with this particular pedal?

read more...
    0 91
    • Wreford
      JasonB81 Hello John - If you have tried your other pedals with this same configuration and they work but your HOF2 does not - can you please click the support button above and create a support ticket? Someone from support will be able to follow up with you on the issue. Thank you for contacting us.
      • September 22, 2020
    • Wreford
      TC-Mike HI John, in general you need to attenuate your signal when going from your modular outputs to guitar pedals that is made to be operated at instrument level. the voltage of the audio signal that a modular synth outputs can be up to 10 times of line level (1vline level vs 10v modular) and pedals are just not able to handle this. When passing through filters and other modules the voltage lowers of course, but for trouble free operation and flexible integration of guitar pedals into your modular rig, you are well advised toconsider a module that handles level conversion for you (like an insert loop/amplifier moduler for guitar pedals) i can recommend the industrial electronics "black locust" module for flexibility as it has FX send /returns + dry/wet mix like on a mixer and supports 4 pedals. :-)
      https://www.thomann.de/gb/industrial_music_electronics_black_locust.htm
      There are also more cost effective solutions available from other manufacturers.
      • September 30, 2020
  • MRTONE
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-21

Looking for the "handles" that come attached to the back panel of a Nova System, can anyone refer me to a source? I'm in the US, thanks in advance! 

0 51
    • MRTONE
      WilliamR Hello Joe, Please click the support tab above and create a parts case and someone from our aprts team will contact you ASAP.
      • September 21, 2020
  • Andrew302052
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-19

I've been using the plethora regularly have been loving it. I would love to see the board name displayed somewhere on the screen. This would make keeping specific boards for specific songs easier to navigate on the bandstand. In addition to this, being able to add a heading or subheading to individual pedal names on a per board basis would be huge. For example, if I have 2 quintessence pedals on one board, being able to name one "pre chorus" and one "bridge" would be invaluable to me personally. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Looking forward to V 1.2 and beyond.

read more...
    1 48
    • Andrew302052
      john0121 Hi Andrew, thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this along to the dev team for consideration.
      • September 20, 2020
    • Andrew302052
      MikeL YES
      • September 23, 2020
    • Andrew302052
      SonicAlchemist Great ideas!!
      • October 2, 2020
    • Andrew302052
      mcwhamster Yes please for the displaying the board name!
      • October 3, 2020
  • Kalu
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-18

I've heard that new midi features will be included in the next firmware upgrade, can you explain in detail what will be released?

0 58
    • Kalu
      john0121 Sorry this information isn't available at the moment. It will be announced via community and other social media channels when it is so best to keep an eye on these.
      • September 20, 2020
  • axell02
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-16

What was in the updated 1.1.55 firmware for the Plethora, there was no release notes?

Any news on renaming patches and the looper?

0 96
    • axell02
      WilliamR Hello, All of the big changes are in the works right now in version 1.2. There will be a basic looper, and the ability to back up and restore entire boards and tone prints in the toneprint app . We are making sure it is all stable before the official release.
      • September 16, 2020
      • No release notes on new Plethora update 1.1.55
        MikeL Sept 1.2 planned release?
        • ·
        • September 18, 2020
    • axell02
      TC-Mike Toneprints and boards can be renamed via the TonePrint app (board manager). Only change in 1.5.5 was a bugdix regarding auditioning of TonePrints via the app. Looper will be available in 1.2 firmware update
      • September 17, 2020
  • MikeL
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-15

It would be great to be able to sweeten the tuning!  The ability to adjust each string (plus or minus)  like many other tuners out there ...

2 29
  • MikeL
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-15

Please add a simple boost "pedal".  EQable would be great, but a boost assignable to a foot switch really is a basic need.

Thanks

1 120
    • MikeL
      JasonB81 Hey Mike - thank you for the suggestion. I will get this over to our creative team. Thanks again for the idea !
      • September 15, 2020
      • Plethora X5 - A simple boost
        MikeL Thanks. I have seen this exact request numerous times on other boards.
        • ·
        • September 15, 2020
    • MikeL
      TC-Mike Hi Mike, Pipeline tremolo can boost signal by up to 9 dB and you can assign FX outlevel (boost level)to eg mash switch or a connected expression pedal. which makes a nice booster emulation. Just set mod depth to 0%, so you don't get the tremolo modulation.
      • September 16, 2020
        immyjay666 Just as important would be the ability to be able to activate that boost AND delay (or another effect) at the SAME time with ONE button press. No one wants to hit two different buttons when going to do a solo, LOL. We really need "preset" or "scene" mode, or something similar, to other units. I was told on a Facebook forum that I can use CC messages from a MIDI controller to get this desired function. But it would be nice to have it built in.
        • ·
        • September 16, 2020
    • MikeL
      MikeL Can I then change the name of the effect so I see my custom Boost rather than seeing Tremolo?
      • September 16, 2020
        TC-Mike you can change the toenprint name and board nbame via the app
        • September 17, 2020
        MikeL Yes, but the custom toneprint name is in minute text. We need to be able to change the larger effect name. Unless a boost pedal is coming shortly
        • September 18, 2020
  • yavuz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-13

Hi everyone,

My plethora X5 ( 2 weeks old ) is starting get a lot of friction on footswitch No5.
    The edge of the footswitch shaft gets friction from the footswitch hole's wall.
    It would not be problem but sometimes the effect does not turn on.
    I have to watch it.

What is the solution for this? Should we use a drop of machine oil?
    Or will it go to the motherboard inside?

I already do not trust FSW No5 since sımetimes it does not turn on the effect.
    I rarely use mash since I have not discovered its capibilities yet.
    I wa planning on it thoug?

Any solutions?

read more...
    0 151
    • yavuz
      Nigel67 Hi, if your foot switch is only two weeks old and developing an issue, then I would take it back to the shop that you purchased it from and ask them to replace it. Within the first 30 days of purchase you can ask for a DOA. If you use oil to try and repair the fault, then warranty will be voided because you have tried to repair the unit yourself.
      • September 13, 2020
      • Plethora X5 footswitch No5 starting to get friction
        yavuz OK. I will do as you say. Thanks..
        • September 14, 2020
    • yavuz
      yavuz I have one last question. Now that I have decided to exchange the unit with a new one, Can I save my boards ( I made 2 into my iPad or computer? I could not see any saving option into iPad. How can I do it If I can..
      • September 14, 2020
        TC-Mike hi Yavuz, the 1.2 firmware will have a backup function for all of your boards and toneprints stored in your Plethora. get in touch with Nigel and he'll can get you access to the beta and then you'll be able to re-upload the exported "restore point" file to your exchanged unit after it has been updated the 1.2 firmware.
        • ·
        • September 14, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi Yavuz, I will get your e-mail address from our admin person and open a case to send you the firmware.
        • September 14, 2020
        yavuz OK. Looking forward to it. Thanks..
        • September 15, 2020
    • yavuz
      yavuz I have exchanged my unit for a new one. Inspected the new unit carefully for sticky footswitches. Everything seems perfect. However I am a bit scared to use the triple tap tuner function since the failed footswitch was the 5th one.

I wish the tuner could be activated with press and hold of the 5th button. This would make the 5th fsw unusable for mash or tap tempo but I usually put reverb on the 5th slot and It would perfectly fine with me. Consider this a new feature request. Thanks to everyone :)
      • September 16, 2020
        TC-Mike you can activate the tuner also by pressing and holding the TONPRINT push-emcoder and deactivate the triple click gesture for both Tuner and board up/down function.
        • ·
        • September 16, 2020
  • Pikegary
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-12

I have a G Major 2 that freezes. I has less than 3 months use and I need to get it repaired. Where do I bring it or send it. I'm in CT in the US.

Gary

0 50
    • Pikegary
      Nigel67 Hi. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues on such a new unit. Please go to the support tab at the top of the page and submit a service request ticket. One of my colleagues will then be able to help you further in getting your unit repaired.
      • September 13, 2020
  • TCsucks1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-30

I just got the Flashback 2. I programmed and stored a TonePrint but have found that if I leave the TonePrint to use a different delay type, when I go back to my stored TonePrint the settings are off because it now responds to where the knobs are physically set based on tweaking I did on the other delay type.

Hopefully I'm doing something wrong because I was under the impression that stored TonePrints were like presets in that, once selected, would recall ALL programmed settings regardless of where the knobs are physically set.

read more...
    0 77
    • TCsucks1
      Nigel67 The potentiometer (knob) values are not part of the Toneprint. They are mapped, however the the current parameter value/position of the toneprint that you have loaded in is not. The position that the pots are set to is what they will operate at.
      • September 2, 2020
      • Flashback 2 TonePrint problem
        Gegatso I'm having basically the same issue. New Flashback 2, using a Mac, Catalina 10.15.7. I made and saved a toneprint at my computer. Went to the amp and plugged up. Played around with some settings while NOT on bank 3 where my toneprint was saved. I went to use my pattern and It was still playing the pattern set by the dials. Am I doing something wrong? It seems too easy, but sometimes simplicity is when the problems creep in. Remember that it is my first day with the pedal, but I followed every step and it all seemed to work. The software showed all my settings right where I had the knobs set for my perfect sound. Much thanks in advance!
        • November 8, 2020
Go to page