Statistics

253,563 members
131,131 posts
  • Jaymac
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-29

Can someone help with Finalizer question?

1 93
    • Jaymac
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jaymac of course we can, how can I help you with the Finalizer? I will leave you the dedicated pager for everything related to the Finalizer https://finalizer.com/
      • August 30, 2020
    • Jaymac
      Jaymac Do you have an email I can contact you?
      • August 31, 2020
      • TC e dealer question
        PedroRodrigues Hi Jaymac please follow the link below and submit any question you may have via our MUSIC TRIBE COMMUNITY https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket
        • ·
        • August 31, 2020
  • dpnelson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-25

Just got the X5 and love it. Can't wait for a looper and phaser. Are there any wah-sounding filtering available on it?

A few questions:

1. I am having trouble understanding how to use the Toneprint editor. I have it on my Macbook and my iPhone. It has the basic templates, but I can't figure out how to access their settings and modify parameters. Does it need to be connected to the pedal to edit it?
    2. If I find a Toneprint template I like on a pedal that isn't in the plethora, say the Flashback 4x or even the Helix, can I use it in the Plethora? Or do I need to just use the prints that are in the pedal options under the Plethora library?
    3. Under the delay templates, there are a few that are named with "4+8." Is the period at the end meaning a dotted eighth note, meaning it's a quarter note with a dotted eighth note as well? Stereo? Maybe the quarter going left and the dotted eighth going right? If not, how do I get such a thing. My favorite delay setting on any pedal I ever had was the dotted eighth on the Nova Delay (I was disappointed it wasn't on the Nova System).

Finally, I play classic country-blues sounding American rock and some funk. Do you have any artists that go in that direction (as opposed to metal or ambient)? If so, can you recommend some tone print artists?

read more...
    1 165
    • dpnelson
      dpnelson Also, I have a newer Macbook with USB C. I can't connect my Plethroa. I tried to connect using Bluetooth (like I can on my phone), but that doesn't work. I guess I need an adaptor?
      • August 24, 2020
    • dpnelson
      dpnelson Global Tempo. It would be nice to be able to have my modulation in time with my delay. I liked that on the Nova System. Any way to get that here? I liked the division system. So if the beat is in 4, and the delay is in 4, I could have a dotted eighth note tremolo inside that, at the same tempo. Or vice versa. Same with phaser (once it comes in).
      • August 25, 2020
    • dpnelson
      snaarman I'm using a Pixel phone with USB C and it will connect to the Plethora. In my case I have a charger/mem stick adapter in line with the phone, and the plethora connects from an old style USB A.
      • August 25, 2020
    • dpnelson
      KensukeFujita Hi dpnelson,

I answer your question.

1. There are two ways to use TonePrint Editor.
      The method using Bluetooth and the method using USB.

-To connect via Bluetooth, turn on Bluetooth on your devicew which connect and press SETTINGS>GROBAL>BLUETOOTH>CONNECT on Plethora.
      After that, open TonePrint App, press the gear mark on the upper right, press Connect to a bluetooth enable pedal, and select the corresponding device.
      This completes the connection and allows you to use countless Artist TonePrint and TonePrint Templates.

-To connect via USB, connect Plethora to PC/Mac via USB and open TonePrint Editor.
      If it is connected successfully, Plethora in TonePrint Editor will be highlighted with a blue frame.
      In this case, please update Plethora's firmware to the latest version and download and use the new version of TonePrint Editor.

Once you can connect to ToenPrint Editor, you can edit the detailed parameters by selecting Plethora from Template, selecting the desired Template of the effect you want to use, and selecting the pencil mark in the upper right.

Here's a quick tutorial video for using toneprints...
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJelHAoGTII&t=337s

2. Of course you can use it. Some TonePrints may not work with Plethora at now, but basically most artist tone prints work with Plethora.Please take a look at the TonePrint App.

3. Yes, “8.” means a dotted eighth note. When using the “4+8.” template, if it is Mono connection, both subdivision delays will be mixed and output as “Dual Delay”.
      If you connect a cable to the STEREO output, the first subdivision (quarter note in this case) will be output from STEREO, and the dotted octave delay will be output from the MONO side. This of course can be adjusted with your favorite settings using TonePrint Editor.

We cannot guide you to a specific TonePrints because TonePrint has many personal favorite for each people, but please check Artist TonePrint of TonePrint App.
      You may have your favorite artist on the list.

Hope this helps

Best
      Ken
      • August 25, 2020
      • Toneprint with Plethora
        dpnelson I can't get any of the Helix toneprints onto my Plethora. It seems like I can just do the ones for the pedals on the Plethora.

What is the difference between choosing "Insert FX Loop" as one of the pedals vs. assigning the "FX loop insert" on the board settings? If it's the same thing, why would I choose to take up one of the five slots as the insert point when I can just insert between?

Global tap tempo. Can I sync my delay with my tremolo (and other mod FX)? I could do it on the Nova System, it'd be nice to do it here.
        • August 26, 2020
      • Toneprint with Plethora
        KensukeFujita Hi dpnelson,

Thanks for your reply.
        Please see the answer below.

1. Unfortunately, Currently FW ver.1.1.52 not include Helix Phaser, so You can't load these TonePrints.
        But next update ver.1.2 will include Helix Phaser and Viscous Vibe and It will be available soon.
        please join Plethora X5 FB group for more 1.2 Beta related info.

2. Insert FX loop and FX Loop Insert has different fertures.

-Using Insert FX Loop is surcrificed one of FX slot but you can ON and OFF FX loop via footswitch if you like.
        This is so useful when you use one or two pedal in FX loop because you can ON or OFF in FX loop pedal via Plethora's footswitch.

-Using FX Loop Insert doesn't surcrificed any FX slot and you can use FX Loop between each FX slot if you like. However You can't ON and OFF FX Loop via footswitch in Plethora.You need to turn off or on each Drive Pedal(or something) in the FX loop depending on the situation.
        This useful any situation if you using a lot of pedals in FX Loop and you want to select and on/off each pedal.
        and also this useful when you using Plethora for 4 cable method.

3. Unfortunately, Pleathora not has grobal Tap tempo at the moment.
        however I will be passing this request to our Dev team.

All the Best
        Ken
        • August 26, 2020
  • killerguitar386
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-18

Hello, I cannot seem to get my Clarity M Stereo to sync over AES. I have gotten to work as a plug-in wiht ProTools at all sample rates, but it just refuses to sync with my SSL L300. The Sync Lock Flashes Red and Green, and in the system menu it says 44.1kHz when it flashes green. It does not seem to detect audio. My L300 is clocked at 96kHz, and I just don't know what to do!

read more...
    0 62
    • killerguitar386
      KyleJohnson Hi there, Kyle here with Music Tribe. A couple of things to check here. 1. How long is the cable you are using, at 96k the cable length can become an issue. Also make sure it is 1 direct connection from the output of your L300 to the Adapter>D-SUB. 2. Are you able to clock your L300 at 48k and see if you get Sync that way? 3. Have you tested with different cables and adapters? 4. In the SYS menu, make sure USB Mode is set to Disk Drive and the Input setting is set to AES1.
      • August 18, 2020
      • Clarity M Stereo Not Syncing over AES
        killerguitar386 Hey Kyle! 1) I am using the breakout cable with the provided BNC to XLR adapter straight into the console's AES 1/2 output. 2) I am not able to switch to 48K because of the setup 3) I don't have any other cables or adapters. 4) It is definitely set to AES1 and Disk Drive
        • August 18, 2020
        KyleJohnson That is unusual. Okay. Can you please submit a Tech support ticket by clicking the Support button at the top of the page? It will be easier to troubleshoot this via email. Please submit a case and write ATTN: Kyle in the subject or description line so that it gets to me asap.
        • August 18, 2020
        killerguitar386 Cool, I submitted one now! I appreciate the help and quick responses.
        • ·
        • August 18, 2020
  • keno
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-17

hola amigos, queri preguntarles si existe el toneprint editor para pedales tc electronic antiguos, yo tengo un flashback delay de los primeros y no puedo descargar en mi mac con osx 10.9 maverik.

alguien sabe de esto?.

gracias

read more...
    0 51
    • keno
      PedroRodrigues Hola Keno Lamentablemente no los tenemos disponibles porque los acuerdos de desarrollo de software para la tienda Apple y Google Play nos obligan a tener el software actualizado y eliminar los antiguos y solo hacer que el software esté disponible exclusivamente en estas plataformas.
      • August 17, 2020
    • keno
      keno ooo bueno entiendo, estoy un poco anticuado con mi sistema, agradezco la ayuda. saludos cordiales.
      • August 18, 2020
  • bironology
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-13

I've recently acquired a second hand TC Flashback X4, and I did in fact read the product manual before posting.

My issue is when using the looper function. Many times, but not always, I find that before the recorded loop begins again, there is a silent pause of maybe 250ms (I would have used the word "delay" but didn't want to confuse in this conext as I am not talking about the delay features at all).

My instinct was to update the firmware, but I don't have a USB Mini-B cable and local stores don't stock those anymore so I'm waiting on an Amazon delivery. In the meantime, I'm wondering if this could be user error.

Any clues?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 53
    • bironology
      PedroRodrigues Hi bironology I would suggest to please press the Play/Pause footswitch, the footswitch with the Play/Pause symbol, to access if that happens again.
      I would advise you to update the firmware for your unit, please follow the link below to access the manual where you will find the process on how to update and the firmware
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CKU
      • August 14, 2020
  • Inspector71
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-13

So I "have" a Nova System and a Nova Drive.  I always look to see if they will come up with a Gen 2 version but I gave that idea up a while ago.

I leave my main gear at the drummer's house. 

Come to find during covid, his cats used my pedalboard as a pissbox.  Long story short. I am in the market for new gear or get parts if possible.

The plethora has caught my eye since I tend to be brand loyal.  I personally don't like the idea of digital distortion and I know analog always is a selling point.  I do have a Boss Katana I get by with during covid but it does'nt come close to my stereo Nova System rig w/ ping pong delay (RIP) into two Peavey Delta Blues 1x15 amps.

The Nova Drive seems to be a good concept for a new product.

I propose they pair the Plethora w/ a new analog midi controlled pedal with presets that has dual external cart slots w/ any extra needed mini pots attached.  Foxrox has/had? something similar with the cards.  It would have to be smart (cart recognition) and could tone print as well.  I am thinking like kemper profiling with the analog slots.  You can have an analog only version as the base model. OR! have a profiling cart!

Forgive me I have been out of the game of gear for a while so sorry if there is something similar already discussed.

What do you guys think?

read more...
    1 140
    • Inspector71
      Inspector71 I do see some security holes overall. Maybe just the toneprint board and not a profiler to go with the analog boards.
      • August 13, 2020
    • Inspector71
      Inspector71 I just came up with another idea. With all of the possibilities, it would be like an expansion. Like an option between one Plethora and ganging two together (Next Gen G-sytem?). Well you would need it anyway for the analog bit. All I want for Christmas..
      • August 13, 2020
    • Inspector71
      NicJonesMT Thanks for getting in Touch Inspector.
      I will drop this over to the Innovations and development team.
      • August 13, 2020
      • I have a great idea to pair with the Plethora X5
        Inspector71 I just made some prelim drawings. I noticed a collaboration section under construction. Is this kind of idea for the collaboration section?
        • ·
        • August 13, 2020
        NicJonesMT Hi.
        Yes, that is the idea for the Collaborate area, for users to submit product ideas and feature requests.
        For now though I've passed on to the Development team.
        • ·
        • August 14, 2020
        TC-Mike Hi Inspector, thx for the feedback. I'll pass it on to the team!
        • ·
        • August 27, 2020
  • Aracnispyder
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-12

Is there any documentation available, with Midi Exclusive commands and numbers, so that I can use a Morningstar MC6-II or Morningstar MC8 to send Midi Commands to the Plethora X5 in a pedalboard type setup??

0 64
    • Aracnispyder
      PedroRodrigues Hi John, unfortunately we don not,all the available documents for the Plethora X5 are on the product's page under documents, for that please follow the this link : https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0D9M
      • August 12, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      Aracnispyder What about midi CCs for selecting board #, board up, board down, Midi Channel select???? Specific Board #??
      • August 12, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      RawkBob https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/27742/306977/plethora-x5-midi
      • August 12, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      PedroRodrigues Hi John Eldredge that is correct what RawBob mention by posting the link below where you will find one of colleagues mentioning that the current CC implementation is simply foot-switch control.
      102-106 correspond to foot-switch 1-5
      We are effectively adding expanded CC control on a firmware that is being developed.
      • August 12, 2020
  • viclennard
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-12

Tried creating a support ticket but when I selected 'TC Electronic', no models appear. Hoping someone can help.

One of the encoders has gone on my G-System. I've got spare parts but I need to know how to separate the footswitch from the encoder. Can anyone advise?

Tx, Vic

read more...
    0 50
    • viclennard
      NicJonesMT Sorry for the delay in contacting you.
      Unfortunately we do not provide any support or assistance with self service repairs.
      What I would recommend is contacting one of our international FASCs (Field approved service centre) or distributor and they may be able to assist further.
      Please be aware that it is at the FASCs discretion as to whether they choose to assist you.

You can find a list of our international partners and service centres at the following link;

https://www.tcelectronic.com/buy.html
      • August 13, 2020
  • Aracnispyder
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-06

I have noticed that while operating the X5 that during a live gig type situation, I turn off Effect One, on Board One which was originally on when I powered the unit.  I switch to Board Two on the unit live, then switch Back to Board One, expecting it to be in it's original power on state, and it retained the fact that I turned Effect One off.  Is there any way to set the Plethora X5 to go back to default state, just like any other pedal board on the market, unless you overwrite the patch location???

read more...
    0 65
    • Aracnispyder
      TC-Mike the boards will always remember the last "bypass" state of an effect slot. Since the bypass function can be remote controlled with Midi cc 102 to 106 in 1.1.52 firmware, you can use a midi controller that supports sending multiple messages at once and create bypass templates that can be recalled like scenes with 1 contoller
      • August 6, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      Aracnispyder So basically, there is no way to have a snapshot of the original preset (board), which can be recalled, like for a specific song, with certain effects on at start of song, just by changing board #s via midi control. Then you move to the next song with a different board # via midi, repeat said song one later, via call up from midi, and the board remains in the state of last use??
      • August 6, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      Aracnispyder Seems like the board would be more viable if you could recall the same setup night after night without reloading the board from a computer every time. You should incorporate a save change feature in the firmware to allow the user to permanently change the state of the board, not allow it to be in an access by change state of flux.
      • August 6, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      TC-Mike it behave like a physical pedalboard . Youi can duplicate a board to a neigbouring location as well asa workaround
      • August 6, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      Aracnispyder It seems to me, that with all the memory in this unit, 127 boards, 75 toneprints stored per pedal, and on each board, the order of the pedals, and how they are set up, it should be able to recall the status of the pedal, on-off, with a recall. Love the tone I'm getting out of the unit, but saving the status to a different location doesn't seem like a solution.
      • August 12, 2020
  • dreyoung67
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-03

I'm looking for a service manual for download to the db max II by Tc Electronic. Please send to: [email protected]        Thank you.

0 147
Go to page