Statistics

253,563 members
131,131 posts
  • DavidStewart
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-03

Is the 60 minutes referred to in the promo for the Ditto+ looper total, complete, all-on-board loop time, or is it the amount of loop time per numbered saved loop? I.e., there's 60 minutes per saved loop?

If it's 60 minutes total, that's great for a looper. If it's 60 per loop, well, that's even better. But 60 minutes total isn't that great for one of the uses, i.e. as a backing track player, because that might be 15 to 20 songs.

read more...
    0 46
  • MarkGlass
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-19
    Now if they will make the New Ditto+ in a stereo version that would be the ultimate. I run my pedalboard in stereo most of the time and like to have the looper at the end of the chain. Please, are you listening? Stereo Ditto+!!!
    0 126
    • MarkGlass
      TC-Mike thanks for the feedback. i'll pass it on to the team. P.s. You have been customer number 6 who asked us just withing the last week :-)
      • July 20, 2020
    • MarkGlass
      tomtetom A new Ditto+ X2 stereo would be great.
      • July 20, 2020
    • MarkGlass
      mfilos Just registered to ask the same question! Glad I'm not the one feeling excited in case a new Ditto+ Stereo appears :D
      • July 26, 2020
  • LlijWarren
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-18
    I received the Plethora X5 yesterday. After plugging it in with the included power supply and also plugging the USB cable into my Mac computer, the unit does nothing but flash its lights continuously with no start up. Please let me know how to start this unit up. thank you!
    read more...
    0 303
    • LlijWarren
      Nigel67 Have you downloaded the Toneprint Editor software from the TC website. i have put the link below. The Plethora X5 will then connect to this and will probably require upgrading.
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CLC
      • July 19, 2020
    • LlijWarren
      LlijWarren Hi Nigel. Yes, I downloaded the Toneprint Editor to see if it would help but unfortunately none of my computer, Both Macs, even recognize the Plethora X5. The Editor doesn't see it and it never comes up on my home screen as a device or drive. The unit just continues to flash white lights across the board. Do you have any other ideas?
      • July 19, 2020
    • LlijWarren
      TC-Mike if the unit cannot boot the app won't recognize it. Can you Please try to update the firmware by downloading the latest 1.1 firmware .bin file from the tc website and let us know if this fixes the issue?
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0D9M#

To update the firmware of your Plethora just connect it via USB cable, so it pops up as a disk drive on your mac and then drag and drop the downloaded firmware .bin file into the Plethora folder. Now disconnect/eject USB connection and power cycle your pedal to start the update..
      • July 20, 2020
    • LlijWarren
      LlijWarren Hi Mike. Thank you for the response. But as I mentioned in my reply to Nigel, none of my computers even see the Plethora as a drive on the desktop or anywhere else. I had already tried downloading the latest firmware but I can't do anything with it if the computer doesn't see the Plethora in order for me to update it.
      • July 20, 2020
      • Plethora X5 startup
        Nigel67 I think the unit is faulty to be honest with you, possibly the power supply as the LEDs continuously flash. I would have thought that if it was working correctly then one of your computers would also have seen it in their USB settings. I would advise contacting the shop that you purchased the unit from and asking for a replacement.
        • July 20, 2020
    • LlijWarren
      LlijWarren Yes. I have three other TC electronic products and I also tried using their power supply's in case the one that was sent with the Plethora was faulty, and I tried a different USB cable that I had just in case the supplied USB cable was faulty, but none of this worked.
      • July 20, 2020
  • TIMVBURTON1
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-16
    Can I hook up two expression pedals to a Nova Drive to control the wah and whammy effects? I see that there is only one pedal input on the back of that processor.
    0 51
    • TIMVBURTON1
      TC-Mike No you can only connect 1 Exp pedal for realtime control of Fx parameters.
      Our New Plethora X5 is much more suited for that kind of application and the Brainwaves Pitch Shifter eg has a customizable Tone Bend function that is mapped by default to the pressure sensitive MASH switches, which allows you to do dive bombs, interval shifts on a harmonizer Etc... Furthermore you can also assign up to 3 parametersr to a connected expression pedal,(per effect slot!) so you can eg control the pitch bend via MASH and use expression pedal to shift between different pitch amounts , control the Mix or whatever. Plethora's pitch shifter also let's you set a glide time for the tone bend function for portamento type effects.
      • July 20, 2020
  • BirdmanKew
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-16
    Hello, I have tried to post this about a month ago or so but can't find this discussion any longer, hence my second attempt. I would like to start off with saying that in general I really, really like the Plethora X5 pedal. Had to wait for it for quite a while after placing my pre-order, but the wait was worth it. The flexibility of the Plethora X5 is fantastic. There are a few features I am missing in the current configuration (I have V1.1.52 installed on my pedal). So here is my "wishlist": - Helix Phaser and Viscous Vibe are absolute must-have additions which I miss dearly at this moment. For now I’ll get by this shortcoming by using both pedals in the FX loop of Plethora, but it defeats the purpose of having an “all in one” pedal which was supposed to have these type of pedals already when it came onto the market; I've heard rumblings that Viscous Vibe is supposed to be included with the upcoming V1.2 release, but can't find any particular timeline or targeted release date posted anywhere... - Body Rez would be a great addition - A wha pedal for use with the expression pedal would be great, incl. auto wha options etc. Now to the annoying aspects which I really hope can be fixed fairly soon: - Please reverse the pedals!!! (Or make the order from right to left optional) - The “board organizer” in the TonePrint app is a bit of a joke in my opinion: critically missing features are “duplicate” boards; “archive” boards for later use; and why is there no “backup” feature???? 
The biggest problem I’ve been running into a few times is very simple: you carefully craft a pedal board for a specific purpose, then e.g. during band rehearsals you mess around with settings and tweak setting only to find out that the originally set up board has been lost now. Creating a “duplicate” is naturally an alternative option, but it would be nicer if I could back up my entire pedal incl. all pedal boards etc. and “recall” individual parts when the need arises. Arching specific pedal boards would also be helpful, especially when you want to keep the pedal organized well enough for quick navigation during a live show etc.; a cluttered pedal makes things rather cumbersome to navigate at times. Last but not least, a more detailed users manual would be great, since several of the basic functions are not covered in the currently available quick guide. Please let me know if there are any questions and thanks for the consideration. Thanks and Best Regards, Bert
    read more...
    3 188
    • BirdmanKew
      Nigel67 Hi Bert, many thanks for your comments and wish list. I have copied and passed them to the Team that writes the software.
      They do have a customer wish list so I am sure it will be added to this for discussion. I will let them know that if they have any questions, I can put them back on here. Kind Regards, Nigel
      • July 16, 2020
    • BirdmanKew
      TC-Mike Hi Bert and Nigel, feedback received and noted! Good news is that the Viscous Vibe is around the corner with a 1.2 Beta being ready very soon. :-) Drop me a mail if you'd like to test drive it prior to it's official release ([email protected]) best regards from the TC guitar team!
      • July 20, 2020
  • Progman88
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-13
    Recently purchased HK Triamp mk 1. Would like to Switch the cannels (6) via midi function of the g System. Cannot realise ist at present! Need help or impossible? Henning
    0 77
    • Progman88
      WilliamR Hello, I can help you out with this. At the top of this page, click Support -> Care -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Service Request. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email
      • July 13, 2020
  • dittolooper
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-13
    Just got a Ditto stereo looper but after downloaded WAV file to looper, doesn't seem to save as orange light blinking non stop. Also could not find starjam link or has been broken. Any help appreciated
    0 48
    • dittolooper
      WilliamR I believe the Starjam site is no longer available. As far as Transferring WAV files to you Ditto stereo looper, please be sure the files you are using are 16-bit 44.1kHZ sample rate. Details are on page 16 in the user manual.
      • July 14, 2020
    • dittolooper
      WilliamR https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/B1P0QaR5gLS.pdf
      • July 14, 2020
  • jamesbl
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-12
    Any idea how to locate an extra knob for my G-Sharp? I started with submitting a parts request ticket, but G-Sharp was not listed in the selection options :( Thanks!
    0 52
    • jamesbl
      TC-Mike thanks for the note, i reproted it to our web team. Please just file a normal Support ticket for the spare part request for now.
      • July 13, 2020
  • AhmadAk
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-10
    Hey there! Can anyone help me to know what is the last update for tc electronic system 6000 the black one not MKII?
    0 89
    • AhmadAk
      WilliamR The MKII Upgrade is recommended for all SYSTEM 6000 users as software release 5 will be the last for the original platform. System 6000 software, including system upgrades and new algorithms will only apply to SYSTEM 6000 MKII moving forward
      • July 16, 2020
    • AhmadAk
      WilliamR https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CJW
      • July 16, 2020
  • calumduncan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-09
    Hi there, I;m having an issue with my Ditto X4 whereby once I apply any effects to a loop, a unpleasant digital whining noise is added to the loop and can't be gotten rid of. This is particularly a problem when applying the Half & Double speed settings and is extremely difficult when it comes to recording. I was wondering if this is something that might be fixed by a firmware update or if this is something you have encountered before? Many thanks, Calum
    read more...
    0 87
    • calumduncan
      WilliamR Hello Calum, Usually issues like this can be resolved by reinstalling the firmware. I've attached a photo with instructions on how to do this so that it's a little easier to read.
      • July 9, 2020
    • calumduncan
      WilliamR Here's the link to the firmware file. https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0DE9
      • July 9, 2020
    • calumduncan
      TC-Mike Hi Callum,before reinstalling firmware , you can also try a factory reset to clear the memory by holding the left footswitch for 13 seconds until you see the LED blink. this might do the trick, but since it is the processing and not the playback of the recorded Loop, it might be a different issue. Let us know, how it works out.
      • July 9, 2020
    • calumduncan
      calumduncan Thanks for the suggestions folks, unfortunately neither of these things seem to have fixed the problem. I might have another go at resinstalling the firmware just to be sure but it's not looking good...
      • July 17, 2020
    • calumduncan
      AlfonsoDeA Hello! I'm having the same problem with a -straigh out of the box- pedal and was wondering if you were able to fix this?
      • Jul 3
Go to page