Statistics

249,980 members
127,076 posts
  • hdeuxo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-10

well hello, does anyone know if #tcelectronic will put. the "spectradrive bass"? because it is part of the toneprint series and it would be a plus for the bassists ^^". I just received mine.

1 87
    • hdeuxo
      TC-Mike

thanks for the feedback.  i pass it on to the team. Spectradrive doesn't saupport and Toneprint editing features as thr algorithms is based on the bass amp framwork.

Cheers,

Mike

• May 6, 2020
  • GoDrex68
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-09

Is it normal for this pedal to make a faint pop pop noise when it's engaged? I don't hear it when I'm playing, but when I'm not I can hear it through my amp. Adjusting the rate and depth changes the speed/amount of pop sounds it makes. Just wondering if I return it and get another will I have the same issue. 

read more...
    0 64
  • Jipooz
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-04-09

Hi everyone,

New owner of a plethora x5, and very exited about it.

I've got a question about the reverse delay : is there a way to hear only the wet signal (the reverse one) and not the main one ?

I couldn't do that except in kill dry mode, but the problem is that when kill dry is on, you won't have a signal when the delay is off... No more sound !

I sure missed something...

I work in 4 cables method.

Thanx for your suggestions !

read more...
    0 113
    • Jipooz
      Jipooz

Hi again !

I tried everything, but can't find a way to bypass the straight signal. 
      Any idea ?

Thanx !

• April 14, 2020
  • VRN
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-08

Hi guys,

Sorry, if the questions are stupid; but the PlethoraX5 is my first TonePrint product and while the quick start manual is brilliantly slim, the non-existent owner's manual is even slimmer and the app is well.... apparently only there to exchange TonePrints.... And even for that not particularly intuitive.

So after an hour or two with the device, I have already accumulated a few questions:

1) How do I assign the parameter knobs to particular parameters?

2) Can I/How do I assign a(ny) parameter to MASH - or are these fixed and predetermined for each effect? Can I change the affected parameter range and/or the direction it changes with increased pressure? How -or why not- ?

3) Can I name a "board"? How -or why not- ? Can I change the order of the boards in the list? How -or why not- ?

4) What is the MIDI implementation table? Can I use CC to change parameters of the PlethoraX5? Which/how? Can I use MASH to change CCs on external MIDI devices? How -or why not- ? Which Program Change commands are sent/received and can they be (re-)mapped?

5) Stereo IN and Stereo OUT. Great! But loop/insert mono.... Seriously??? Are the stereo channels simply summed for the loop send or how does this work? Is the loop true bypass?

6) Yeah - and as mentioned in another thread - : why the h.... are the pedals organised left to right and not like normally the case on a pedal board: Right to left?

7) Are the LEDs only white or can a color be assigned?

8) Where in the signal chain is the volume changed when I assign the EXP to volume?

9) When EXP is assigned to modifier, can the range and/or direction of change be customized? What about the response curve?

And that would be my questions after day 1......

Best regards,

>V<

read more...
    0 182
    • VRN
      VRN

Oh, yeah - I almost forgot:

It seems that a "board" remembers the latest on/off state of all pedals when switching between boads. Is there a way to set a default start on/off configuration for a board, which always loads when the board is recalled irrespective of the state of the pedals the last time the board was used? How - or why not -?

Best regards,

>V<

• April 8, 2020
    • VRN
      Stef63

Hi, i found some of the answers here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJvbOLWiYpQ

but i can't find the firmware update...

Stef

• April 9, 2020
    • VRN
      TouringBubble

I can take a shot at answering some of these for you ...

2) The MASH programming should work the same as other MASH pedals. In the Toneprint editor, you can assign up to three parameters to adjust, all with unique curves based on pressure. You can assign any parameters available for the effect as I recall.

3) In the 1.1 firmware you can name boards. 

4) Midi CC isn't implemented yet. Only PC messages for changing boards. It's planning to be implemented. It only has Midi thru, not out, so you can't change external devices via the Plethora.

5) I've been told that pre-loop stereo effects are summed. Kind of a bummer, yeah.

7) The LEDs are white I think, but you can change the colors of the effects on the LCD screens.

8) Good question. I would assume at the input, but I haven't seen an official answer ...

Good luck with the pedal. I'm still waiting on mine ... =(

• April 13, 2020
    • VRN
      Muzz_Fentona

Firmware update is available now! I wish we could get notified about this in future tc?

• May 4, 2020
  • VRN
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-08

Just got mine and love most of it, but......

... can anyone explain why on earth the effects are organised left to right and not like they would normally be on a board, i.e. right to left? That is highly counter-intuitive!

If it can't be done already somehow (maybe I overlooked a setting?) could we, please, please, please get the option to swap the order to right to left?

Best regards,

>V<

read more...
    0 122
    • VRN
      TouringBubble

This is probably one of the top 3 requests for updates I've seen online. I'm pretty sure it'll be added soon.

• April 13, 2020
    • VRN
      jonhollis

If this was a Helix or Axe FX or Kemper, or indeed any Modeller no one would have a problem with it! They all go this way. Seems fine to me...

• May 4, 2020
  • xdsmithx
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-07

I know very few have access to this device yet but was hoping one of the TC group might be able to provide some input.

The editing of the Plethora setup looks great.  I have been watching the videos and I haven't able to tell what all you can setup to accomplish using the knob controls in a live setting. 

It would be ideal if you could configure all 5 knobs to control any assigned parameter from any pedal.  For instance I would like to adjust the range and the threshold for a LPF using two of the knobs, the depth of the reverb with another, the speed of the tremolo with another, etc.

One other recommendation is that as you expand the pedals, can you look at adding a dedicated LPF pedal other than just reconfiguring one of the existing as ones? The Moog MF-101 is a good example.

One last recommendation is that you add a Keyboard Instrument section to the TonePrint Library on the TC website.  The Plethora is the perfect size and configuration for keyboard players assuming we can get the manual control setup.  I would plan on having different pedal arrangements for each song and possibly multiple setups on the same song but the manual control is pretty important.

@TC-Mike

read more...
    1 163
    • xdsmithx
      VRN

Hi,

As far as I can tell from the brief time I've spent with the device (arrived today....), the knobs have dedicated functions depending on the mode. I guess the info you are looking for is in section 6 on page 11 of the quick start manual:

PARAMETER knobs. In EDIT mode, the PARAMETER knobs can be used to adjust specific effect parameters for the selected effect slot. In PLAY mode, each knob can be assigned to control any parameter for quick, on-the-fly adjustment.

From sections 1 and 8 it seems that the two outer knobs only have functions in Edit mode. In other words; you can only customize the three middle ones.

Anyway, please note that I haven't tried it myself yet.

Hope that helps.

>V<

• April 8, 2020
  • Jason007
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-06

Could someone point me to the last Firmware update. Couldnt find it on the official Page ? Cheers Jason

2 205
    • Jason007
      VRN

Don't know what the latest is or where to find, but mine - fresh out of the box half an hour ago- has v. 1.0.101 installed.

>V<

• April 8, 2020
    • Jason007
      Jason007

yes, same here. Version 1.1 will be out later this week i had been told 

• April 8, 2020
    • Jason007
      littlejohn

Hi, maybe a stupid qsuestion, but where can we download the newest software ?  It seems that the tuner is not installed on mine.  I just recieved it  a few days ago.  Thx.  Johan

• April 8, 2020
    • Jason007
      TouringBubble

Cross posting from the main thread on the Guitars and Basses forum ... From TC Mike

"

Hi guys, 

please updatre to 1.1 firmware.. It will be available after easter on the TC webpage, but i have a downlooadlink here:   ( it is the release version) It adds  a chromatic tuner  , board organizer (via app) and bugfixes ...

PLETHORA x5 1.1 (build 43) firmware update 

Toneprint  app 4.3.00 with support for board organizer:

Mobile versions will be available via Testflight and Gogle play store.later this week.

HOW TO UPDATRE PLETHORA FIRMWARE:

•          Download th latest Plethora firmware .bin file from the provided download liunk aboive

•          Unzip the plethoraX5_1_1_43.bin Firmware file and save it on your computer

•          connect your Plethora X5 to your computer via the included USB cable

•          Plethora will show up on your computer as a device and you just drag and drop the unzipped
                 PlethoraX5_1_43.bin firmware file into the Plethora folder on your computer

•          disconnect USB cable

•          power cycle your Plethora and wait for the firmware upload to finish

•          done – your Plethora X5 is now updated to the latest firmware J

You can check the firmware version in stalled in Plethora’s SETTINGS/GLOBAL/ABOUT menu.

the  Toneprint app 4.3.00  supports Plethora’s new BOARD organizer feature that allows you to change the order of your boards via drag’n drop and rename your boards.

Loading and editing Toneprints of the selected Plethora slot still happens via app’s template,  artist library and user Toneprint views.

TUNER can be activated by either pressing and holding TONEPRINT push-encoder or triple clicking footswitch 3 (can be disabled in GLOBAL SETTINGS)

Best regards,
      Mike"

• April 13, 2020
  • DougSchneider
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-04

First of all, wow is the Toneprint Editor amazing. I spent an hour tweeking settings for my HOF2 today. I got some cool sounds, but felt like I was flying blind a bit. That. Thing. Is. Deep. Any chance you guys could do a video (series) diving under the hood and explaining some of those parameters?! Thanks!

read more...
    0 89
  • Berkeis
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-04

Hello everybody,

I have the TonePrint Flashback x4 Delay pedal for about 2 years. But yesterday, it suddenly stopped working when everything was the same (connection cables, power supplier etc.). Now, it doesn't give any sound from the  amp and it is stuck on the option "A" on the pedal, and i can't change or disable it. I would be really glad if somebody knows how to fix it. Thanks in advance...

read more...
    0 69
    • Berkeis
      TC-Mike

This sound like a potential hardware issue that might need service

Please get in touch with the care teamvai the SUPPORT tab at the top of this page and choose "create ticket" 

Best regards,

Mike

• May 25, 2020
  • texasboy112
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-02

Hi,  I just ordered a Hall of Fame 2 X 4 Reverb Pedal (TC Electonic).  On their YouTube video they show Colored Buttons that cover the (4) Bottom Push (MASH) Knobs.  Not only do they look great, but I can see that it would make using the pedal easier.  Can some one (Please) tell me where I can piuchase them, I'm not having a lot of luck so far.  THANKS

read more...
    0 57
Go to page