Statistics

234,077 members
109,689 posts
  • New
    ruezz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-03-04

Hello,

Figured I would try this again because I never got an answer last time. Can someone please tell me the ACTUAL cabinets the cab sims are based on? (Fender, VOX, Marshall, Mesa, etc?)

• Jose 30 4x12 
    • Vintage 4x12
    • Creamy 4x12
    • 65 4x12
    • Greenery 4x12
    • Bluey 2x12
    • Creamy 1x12
    • Golden 1x12
    • BASS 1x15

Thank you in advance for your help!

read more...
    0 28
    • ruezz
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi ruezz, These are completely custom cab sims created in-house using a proprietary method for Plethora X5, they are not designed with any specific brand of amp in mind.
      • Mar 5
      • Plethora X5 Cab Sim (2nd Attempt)
        ruezz Cool. Thanks Chris
        • ·
        • Mar 5
  • New
    voodoo1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-02

can you duplicate boards on the plethorax5, if so how?

0 109
    • voodoo1
      TC-Marcus Yes you can.
      - Toggle to the board you want to duplicate
      - Enter edit mode
      - Push up on the Board toggleswitch
      - Select duplicate
      • Mar 2
    • voodoo1
      voodoo1 thank you so much, also, how do you delete them?
      • Mar 3
      • can you duplicate boards on the plethorax5, if so how?
        TC-Marcus Almost the same thing
        - Toggle to the board you want to delete
        - Enter edit mode
        - Push down on the Board toggleswitch
        - Select delete

Note that you can also choose "clear" instead of delete. As the name suggests, this will just clear the board
        • ·
        • Mar 3
  • New
    soundbee
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-01

Hi there!

I have a Plethora X5 incoming and have a couple of questions....

1) in true bypass mode is the insert loop still active?

2) in buffered bypass does the signal go through AD/DA converters?

3) Are the cab sims on if all effect slots are off (buffered bypass)?

Thank you in advance! 

-Kevin 

read more...
    0 44
    • soundbee
      PedroRodrigues Hi soundbee please consider that in bypass mode it bypasses any effects active on the unit using any routing even the Cab sims routing process, please also consider that any signal inputting on the unit will be converted via ADC process. Thank you
      • Mar 1
    • soundbee
      PedroRodrigues Hi soundbee please consider that in bypass mode it bypasses any effects active on the unit using any routing even the Cab sims routing process, please also consider that any signal inputting on the unit will be converted via ADC process. Thank you
      • Mar 1
    • soundbee
      soundbee Hi Pedro- thanks for the speedy reply. Follow up question...
      • Mar 1
    • soundbee
      soundbee oops. Hit return... if nothing is in the insert loop but it is placed between two slots, is it still on (and signal going through 2x ADC) or does it only come in to play if something is plugged in?
      • Mar 1
      • Plethora X5 audio questions
        TC-Mike It is only on, if the insert is is used. Plethora has jack sensing, so it knows whenever a cable is inserted . You can also turn the insert OFF in the BOARD SETTINGS menu of your Plethora.
        • Mar 8
  • New
    mattbudd73
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-02-26

Three features requests I would like to log:

1. Tap Tempo

External tap tempo using a footswitch. I would be fine using the expression pedal input to support this, or maybe the stereo input jack (like the feature on the standalone Flashback 2 you added previously). It would be good if this external tap tempo would control all pedals on the current board that support tempo (so all of them synched to the same tempo you tapped in). I know you have support for using the MASH button as tap tempo, but then I lose the MASH feature which is a huge loss.

2. Configure Pedal Display

It would be good if we could have a few options for the pedal display. Right now it shows:

• Top: the name of the effect name (eg. "Hypergravity") in medium font
    • Middle: the type of effect type (eg. "Compressor") in large font
    • Bottom: the toneprint name (eg. "PETE'S TONE ENHANCER") in small font
    • Very Bottom: the author of the toneprint (eg. "TC ELECTRONIC) in small font

For my typical use pattern, it would be more helpful to know the toneprint name and author in larger font so it is more readable when playing (so I know what it is currently set to when I switch boards). The effect name and type are kind of implied by the colour, so it feels kind of a waste of that display real estate.

I don't know the best way to expose this in the UI, but even having a few options where you could choose between what info is large and what is small would be nice.

3. Linking Pedal Across Boards

I realize this might be a large change to the underlying data model in the firmware, and it might be confusing for some users, but it would be totally perfect for my use case (and potentially others).

I'd like the abililty to link pedals across boards. For example, if I had two boards, then in slot 5 of both pedals, I could have the same Reverb instance. Right now, I can put a Reverb in both boards in slot 5, but they are not linked. So if I change the toneprint on one and then switch boards, that change is not linked and that board's Reverb has its original tone print. Same with pedal on/off...if I turn the reverb on/off on one board, when I switch to the other board, it will retain its previous setting on that board.

Like I said, this is probably by design, as each board is considered an indepenant "scene", but the way I use it is to always have the last two pedals in all my boards be my Delay and Reverb, and then switch boards to change up the other pedals. So it would be nice to have them linked so when I'm playing, any changes to those Delay or Reverb pedals gets applied no matter what board I have selected.

Again, how do you design a UI to do this...that might be tricky. But it would be a very cool advanced feature to add!

Keep up the good work, this is a great product!

read more...
    2 36
    • mattbudd73
      WilliamR Hello Matt, Thank you for your suggestions, I have forwarded these suggestions to our engineers.
      • Feb 26
    • mattbudd73
      tangozebra +1 for Configure Pedal Display. Would also be nice to be able to assign a "description" label to each pedal version that would be on the display. or example "Long Delay" on one instance of a Flashback and "Short Delay" on another, even when using built in toneprints.
      • Feb 27
    • mattbudd73
      CSurieux Concerning display, I would also appreciate to see the % of the expression/volume pedal when I change it.
      • Feb 28
  • New
    JackSimmons1999
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-25

Can anyone help 

My TC electronic X4 looper is showing all orange lights. 

I fear its a software issue 

Can anyone send me a copy of the software, or suggest somewhere i could get it? 

0 41
    • JackSimmons1999
      WilliamR Hello Jack, The firmware you are looking for is in this link. Version 1.3.0.0
      • Feb 25
    • JackSimmons1999
    • JackSimmons1999
      WilliamR Firmware Update Procedure.
      The procedure requires a PC with a standard USB Interface and the specified DC power supply.

Do following steps before you start the firmware update application on your PC:
      1. Unplug all cables from the pedal.
      2. Connect the pedal to a PC with the USB cable.
      3. Press and hold the LOOP1 footswitch on the pedal.
      4. Insert the DC power supply plug.
      5. When the LOOP1 footswitch LED turns from Orange to Off, release the footswitch.
      6. When all four LEDs turn green the pedal is ready to be connected via USB.

Now your PC will recognize the pedal which is ready to receive a new firmware:
      7. Launch the firmware update application.
      8. (STEP1) Select the pedal in the combo box (see note).
      9. (STEP2) Press the update button when it turns green.
      10. Wait for the progress bar to reach 100% and for the pedal to automatically restart.

Note: You should select "USB Audio Device", if you use Windows XP.

Trouble Shooting:
      - Please quit any MIDI related application on your PC.
      • Feb 25
      • Bricked TC X4 Looper
        JackSimmons1999 Hi William, The pedal was bought second hand. It did not come with the internal SD card. I've since purchased one, and have followed the instructions found on this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRkUIDxwyik
        • Feb 26
      • Bricked TC X4 Looper
        JackSimmons1999 this method wasn't successful, I was wondering if you had any further tips?
        • Feb 26
    • JackSimmons1999
      WilliamR Hello Jack, the card should not have been missing. Not sure why the customer removed it. If you flashed the card successfully like in the video, I would try spraying the slot with some contact cleaner. I also believe the sd card should be formatted to fat32 as well.
      • Feb 26
  • New
    stevecon115
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-18

Hi

I'm having issues with the software and Flashback2 pedal. If I edit a template on my laptop using the on screen sliders/dials I can hear the parameters change as expected. The physical selector is set to one of the available toneprint slots. However when I try to save the modified template, I am asked for a name and when I click save all the settings change to whatever the physical position of the knob on the pedal is set at. For example suppose I change delay1 to 580ms but the physical delay knob is at 300ms then the template saves the 300ms setting. I also noticed when I load a template from the library to one of the slots it also changes the settings to whatever the pedals physical setting are, I assume this is not correct and the toneprint slots should not be affected by the knobs otherwise the whole point of creating and saving presets is pointless. Any help would be appreciated.

Update I think I have figured out how to solve this, but I will leave the post in case someone else has the same issue. I cant find a user manual for the latest version of the editor and there is no mention of this in the one I have so this might just be a workaround rather than what should be done. So I would still appreciate some feedback. If I open the mapping tab and unassign all the knobs I can then save my the edited template. Is this the intended method?

read more...
    0 22
    • stevecon115
      PedroRodrigues Hi, please follow the link below to access the TONEPRINT APP 2.0
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CLC
      This is the last version available any new tools available on the new updates are present on the release notes on each respective version.
      Please consider that if you are referring to the fact that you have open a template and only after making any change on the template you will be able to save it, that is effectively the procedure on the TonePrint Editor. Thank you
      • Feb 19
    • stevecon115
      TC-Mike THi Steve, this is expected behavior. You store the range and the function of the pot meters and not a fixed preset value. The pots of the pedal and the app buffer are not in sync, so after storing a TonePrint to a memory location of the pedal it will load with the physical pot meter positions and the values to match. You can use the pedal pots to set the values in the Tp app to have them in sync while editing, but how the setting loads when the app is not connected will be set by the pot meter position alone.
      • Feb 19
  • New
    Naldos
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-17

is there any info on the editor as i am having a great deal of trouble with simple things like moving a board to a location of my choice.

The board wont move nothing happens is there some some sort of set up command in settings that i am missing?i have a lot of fine editing that has been lost causing me many hours of problems.Ilove hte sounds but if i cant use it? please help

thank you Don Mackenzie

read more...
    0 46
    • Naldos
      WilliamR Hello Naldos, The quickest way would be to open the Plethora in the tone print app and drag the pedalboard to the locations you want. After you make the moves in the Toneprint editor, be sure to click store in board.
      • Feb 17
      • plethora x5
        Naldos Thank you William I found that the problem was simpler.I had changed the connection lead that came with the unit for a longer one for ease of working and there were certain things it just wouldn't do like in depth editing and even just moving songs around on the board.When I changed it back everything worked again!.... also when changing board from one position to another you want have to save the plethora sees it and moves it to the pedal accordingly.Thanks for your reply I appreciate it.Don
        • Feb 17
  • New
    DougB
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-15

The mimiq is fantastic with a mono input and stereo output to two separate amps.  Love it.    But I have a truly stereo pedal board.  For example, I have a Flashback II stereo delay and a stereo chorus before the Mimiq.  If I have a nice ping pong delay or a lush stereo chorus heading into the mimiq in stereo, the effects get mashed up and lost in the Mimiq.  What are the best recommendations for using stereo inputs to the mimiq?  How is it supposed to work - ie - what's the purpose served by stereo inputs.  Am I missing something? Should I focus on keeping it in the mono chain before the stereo effects? 

read more...
    0 43
    • DougB
      PedroRodrigues Hi,DougB Please consider that the audio inputs on this pedal are standard 1/4" jacks (mono/TS), please connect your guitar to the mono audio input on the right side of your pedal using a regular 1/4" instrument cable, never the less the pedal also accepts stereo signals using a pair of 1/4" TS cables.
      • Feb 16
      • Mimiq - with stereo IN ????  What's the purpose?
        DougB Yes - that's my question. If I come out of a stereo chorus pedal - with a lush interesting stereo chorus on L+R and then go into the Mimiq with 2 x 1/4" cables, the Mimiq squishes the chorus channels together ruining the effect. I'm trying to think of an application where you'd put the Mimiq in the middle of a stereo chain and can't think of one. It seems that it should ONLY be a mono in, stereo out device. What am I missing?
        • ·
        • Feb 16
      • Mimiq - with stereo IN ????  What's the purpose?
        PedroRodrigues Hi DougB as I mentioned above if you connect your guitar only to the mono audio input on the right side of your pedal using a regular 1/4" instrument cable you will have a mono signal arriving to the pedal. The pedal offers stereo and mono input
        • Feb 17
    • DougB
      drnct I'm a Hall of Fame 2 owner with the same question. What is the best way to use a stereo reverb or delay pedal with the MIMIQ? How is the stereo input (or output!) of the MIMIQ (not mono input) best used in this situation?
      • May 5
  • New
    DavidSeifert
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

Hi, how do I go about purchasing 2 new replacement knobs for a HoF 2x4 reverb unit? Thanks David

0 31
    • DavidSeifert
      RexBeckett Hi David, I suggest that you open a Care ticket for this.

At the top of this page, click Support then scroll down the new page and select Parts. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • Feb 13
  • New
    eguia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-10

Hello 

I am interested in the VSS3, MD3 and DVR2 native plugins I a have my licences from the all PowerCore unit.

Do i have any discounts o crosgrade on the licences of these products ? and

How Can I buy the licences for these products? Can I do it from your web?

thanks

read more...
    0 62
Go to page