Statistics

288,993 members
171,452 posts
  • New
    Mygas21
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-05

ONE MORE consequence of seeing the PLETHORA as a multi-expression controlled digital pedal board: DISTORTION

It is my impression that up untill now atleast, TC ELECTRONICS prefers it's distrortion ANALOGUE. It seems almost as dogma.

Let's be honest please. Well...

As I see in the forum, this IS something requested, from anti-dogmatic persons that want to use PLETHORA as

A) A compact COMPLETE multi-fx unit. (Why not?) 

BUT! ...I would like to add another reason:It's one thing, if you see a digital distortion by itself (that some companies like Sourse Audio, Strymon and others, do with some success I must remark, so it's totally VALID.) And it's a completely different issue if you consider digital distortion as part of the PLETHORA as

B) A multi-expression controlled pedal board. Then the dogmatic arguments go out the window.   

In the later case parameters of the digital distortion can be controlled in combination with parameters of the other pedals in the digital pedal board. In a multi-expression pedal board the combination of pedals is more than just the sum of its parts. A new composite pedal is created. Even for the analogue purist it makes sense now. 

read more...
    0 16
    • Mygas21
      PedroRodrigues Hi Mygas21 I will forward this concerns and requests to our Dev. Team. Thank you
      • Feb 10
    • Mygas21
      PedroRodrigues Hi Mygas21, we thank you for your feedback, we already logged this feature request for additional digital distortion and EQ for Plethora, at this time we cannot provide any other information. Thank you
      • Feb 10
  • New
    Mygas21
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-05

Can the expression be possitive for one effect and negative for another? FOR EXAMPLE: Lets say I have the expression possitive on a pitch shifter and a tremolo's rate, but as I raise the pitch and tremolo rate, I want it to fade out with a negative volume: getting the volume lowered as the others are raised.

And what about combining that with toneprint level knob parameter curbs?

OF COURSE the PLETHORA is not exactly like the other multi-fx...it's unique...(more on that later) BUT can other multifx, your competition, do combined expression? If not this means PLETHORA is a NECESSITY pedal... THIS is THEE strong point of this pedal. If you are aware of this .... how come it seems so underdeveloped?

It is certainly underpresented in my humble opinion... the best I've heard is a mention of it's "extreem power". In my opinion you should make video presentations dedicated to this feature only, with examples. AND name it, market it, as a multi-expression controled digital pedal board. e.g PLETHORA ..MULTIEXPRESSION C. And when someone asks, what is PLETHORA? The answer should be: It's " a multi-expression" digital pedal board! 

CAN you do multiple expression tasks with a single MASH footswitch, aswell? iF NOT .... SEE? As I said ...underdeveloped. 

read more...
    0 12
    • Mygas21
      TC-Mike you can customize the mapping curves(reverse them) for all FX parameters used with the expression pedal (and other modifiers) , so you can do things like Crossfading between pairs of FX (when mapped to FX level) etc . Please note that the custom expression pedal mappings of a stored TonePrint are turned off by default, when tp is loaded to board so you need to activate them once on the board you want to use it. The expression pedal is very powerful as it is the only modifier that allows simultaneous control of up to 3 parameters across all 5 FX slots of a board.
      • Feb 7
  • New
    Mygas21
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-05
    Can you do parallel routing with the units of your choice?

read more...
    0 14
    • Mygas21
      TC-Mike no, the signal flow is serial and no parallel or semi-parallel routings are possible at this point.
      • Feb 7
  • New
    Kisse1959
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-04

Hi,

I bought the PlethoraX5 when it first was launched, with the initial firmware version 1.0.101 preinstalled. When new firmware updates where launched I tried to update following the easy update routine described in the release notes. But, each time the update was unsuccessful.

I contacted Pedro Rodrigues by mail and seeked his help. Unfortunately his recommondations did not solve the problem. Now, with trying to update to version 1.3 (by first trying to update ver. 1.1.55, as stated in the releasee notes), and following the described update procedure I still end up with ver. 1.1.101. Nothing happens!

So, is there anybody "out there" who has experienced similar update problems? And if yes - did you find an answer?

It's pretty annoying having a pedal box which can't be used the way TC Electronic tells me it can!

read more...
    0 41
    • Kisse1959
      Kisse1959 For the record: I should note that the "Hotfix for PlethoraX5 units with firmware stuck in boot mode" description I received from Pedro reads that the TonePrint app ver. 4.2.03 has "some illegal board data stored" and this can make updating difficult. I hacve never used my PlethoraX5 together with any TonePrint apps. Further, I have installed the "XaDy-XLr7-nExg-5ZNk.zip" in an attempt to reset the pedal. This also without any success!
      • Feb 4
    • Kisse1959
      PedroRodrigues Hi Kisse1959, thank you for your post, when we exchanged E-mails attempting to resolve the issue that you reported what were the steps where you have encounter issues or you simply connect PlethoraX5 to your computer and the computer does see the pedal?
      • Feb 16
    • Kisse1959
      Kisse1959 Thank you, Pedro for your reply. In all cases and attempts I have follwed described procedures - both when trying to update firmware as described on the web site, and with the "booting file" you sent me by e-mail. The PlethoraX5 folder could be seen on my computer in both instances. When transferring the firmware file updates and the "booting file" to the PlethoraX5-folder, and restarting he pedal, no upgrading happened when turning it on again (the initial firmware version 1.01 remained...). Can the pedal have some internal, irreparable damage and will need to either repaired by you, or be replaced by a new pedal? I look forward to your reply, Pedro. Thank you and have a great day,
      • Feb 16
    • Kisse1959
      Kisse1959 Hi, Pedro and thank you for your reply. Unfortunately all my firmware upgrade attempts and "rebooting", with the file and procedure you sent me in an earlier e-mail, failed. The PlethoraX5-folde can be seen on my computer when attached through a USB cable. I have followed both the upgrade procedure described on your internet site and when "rebooting". Can I be so unfortunate to have received a malfunctioning pedal? Should I return it for repair, or for replacement? I lokk forward to your answer. Best regards, and have a great day :-)
      • Feb 16
    • Kisse1959
      Kisse1959

Hi, Pedro. I am running Windows 10, 64 bit. I am not sure what you mean by "USB port"? I have female USB A connections on my computer. What kind of USB port do I need?

• Feb 16
  • New
    Theaxe
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-03

Hi there, desperately trying to find someone in Germany who can or/and is willing to deliver the rotary/push-Enter- Button on the right of the unit. I probably have to replace the whole switch/rotary knob. 
    thx so far

0 9
  • New
    allenj4
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-02

Are there any plans to add a distortion feature to the Plethora X5? I really want this feature and I think this would be a much needed/wanted addition in a future firmware update.

0 44
    • allenj4
      WilliamR Hello Allen, Thank you for the suggestion. Although the plethora is designed to integrate your existing Distortion pedals quite well, I will forward your suggestion to our developers.
      • Feb 2
      • Plethora X5  - Adding Distortion effect?
        Dc80 I second the request, an overdrive tone would be great. I mostly play clean sounds, but some times when I need it I have the classic Ibanez Tube Screamer which is great, but I would not hesitate replacing it with a good OD from the Plethora. That way I will reduce my rig to only the Plethora and my wah pedal. (simple and effective)
        • Feb 4
  • New
    Decebal
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-01

My TV station needs some Loudness Management pieces of equipment to handle audio according to R128.
    I thought of TC Electronic Loudness Pilot. However Canford Audio states (January 2022) this is no longer manufactured. Can anyone confirm this? Could you suggest some alternatives?

read more...
    0 15
    • Decebal
      PedroRodrigues Hi Decebal Thank you for your post, effectively this unit is being slowly discontinued but I believe you will find some of our Partners with stock for the TC Electronic Loudness Pilot or even for the TC Electronic DB6 that could also be a good fit, please follow the link to access our partners list: https://www.tcelectronic.com/buy.html Thank you
      • Feb 2
  • New
    Caught exception: Specified column "user_id" is not in the row
  • New
    FJBlair
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-31

I'm considering using Bona Fide buffers between a volume controlled preamp output of a vacuum tube integrated amplifier to drive the line level input of powered subwoofers which have an input impedance of only 20K ohms.  The output from the vacuum tube amp is going off the wiper tap of a 100k ohm stepped attenuator and should only see an input impedance of at least 1 M ohm.  The amps in the subwoofer are dc coupled and therefore I am concerned about the low frequecy response / roll off of the Bona Fide buffer.  I was unable to find any specification or discussion of the low frequency response.  Does anybody have that information or experience with using the Bona Fide buffer in a similar application?

read more...
    0 20
  • New
    Martini22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-24

G system serial number  6538513 silver .  Can someone tell me the software that this model of G system would have had uploaded from factory and if it requires any updates for software  compared to to the later (last units made) . I was told that this serial number is with the IB Buffers and updated effects 4.02 version.

I have yet to get to grips with understanding the unit ...can these details of software version etc be viewed from the units display? 

Any assistance would be appreciated . 

Tony 

read more...
    0 17
    • Martini22
      PedroRodrigues Hi Martini22, the G-System iB-Modified was the latest addition to the G-System family. FX and presets-wise there is no difference between this and any other G-System that has been upgraded with the latest firmware updates. The main features in the iB-Modified are as follows:
      The iB-Modified G-System features the ultimate 3rd generation input buffer modification, designed by Italian electronics guru Massimo Mantovani. By changing the analogue input design, as opposed to the silver version, as well as a number of components, a super transparent tone that offers loads of punch and a snappier response has been achieved.
      All in all there are three different version of the G-System input circuit, the standard, Limited Edition and the iB-Modified versions respectively.
      After the Limited Edition was discontinued, all standard G-Systems that were made got the 2nd generation input buffer version from the Limited Edition. Approximately six months later we introduced the iB-Modified version, and all G-Systems made after this have the 3rd generation input design from in the iB-Modified version. Unfortunately via the serial number I cannot specify exactly what Firmware was loaded on your unit from factory, nevertheless I will leave you a link below to access the latest firmware and the process to update your G-SYSTEM to latest Firmware releases Version 4.5 https://wsi.li/dl/X9LbYD7xGZ32kKzdv/ Thank you
      • Jan 26
    • Martini22
      Martini22 Hello Pedro and thank you for the reply. I read on the rig talk that unit having a serial number higher than 6539340 is IB Mod version so mine is apparently 2nd gen. if correct. I will have to live with that versions issues I guess . The so called white paper by Laird Williams is hard to actually locate on this site ...can you send me a link to this for a pdf download to help me get going. The old links are dead and cannot see it anywhere ..just comments about the paper. Many thanks Tony Martin
      • Jan 26
Go to page