Statistics

259,790 members
138,208 posts
  • TonyFry
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-10

I've posted about this before and never really got a satisfactory answer, so I'm hoping for a better result this time. I want to record loops to a particular preset so I can integrate it into live performance. The problem is that I record a loop, save it to (say) preset 20, which is fine. However, the saved loop is then on every preset, which is completely useless.......
    Then, when the loop is erased, it comes back when the VL3 is switched off and back on again. 
    Someone suggested saving to a different slot within the loop but this doesn't work either. I want to save maybe 50 different loops to 50 different presets and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a resolution. Can anyone help? Please ......?

read more...
    0 200
    • TonyFry
      TCH-Rob

What are your slot settings in the "looper" menu? Loops aren't saved to presets, but to one of the 50 loop slots; each loop slot saves loops A, B, and C. You can change your loop slot using the preset up down switches in the "UTIL" page in the looper. If you save the preset it will store the loop slot you had selected. 

What likely happened is you had the same loop slot selected on multiple presets. Once you saved a loop to that slot, that loop was also selected on those presets. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!  

• March 11, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TonyFry

Hi TCH-Rob,

Many thanks for this. I’m kind of discovering this for myself. I got hold of the latest User Manual for the VL3 yesterday and it has a much better section on the subject than the older manual I was trying to work from.

I’ve got the basic gist of it (I think) but I do have a question. If I start to save slots to particular presets, should I leave slot 1 free for looping “on the fly” for other presets that don’t have any saved loops?

• March 11, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TCH-Rob

Hi @TonyFry ,

I think that's a great idea; I'd probably leave slot 1 open because that's the slot that most presets default to.

• March 12, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TonyFry

hI @TCH-Rob 

Hope you're well in these difficult times. I have a further question. I've been trying to use the Onsong midi capability to change the Step (according to the VL3 CC list it's CC No 115 plus a value that equals the required step number) but it doesn't seem to work. All other program changes work well via midi but i cant get this CC to work. Is there a VL3 setting that would enable this feature or does it just not work? The CC controls work well with other equipment such as BeatBuddy, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

Look forward to your reply.

Best wishes, and stay healthy.

• March 30, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TCH-Rob

@TonyFry I've reached out to our testing team about this; that isn't regular behaviour, hopefully it isn't an issue with your indiviual unit!

• March 31, 2020
  • chrishair
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-04

Hi there I am experiencing a problem with the above product and wondering if anyone has any advice.

The PA speaker I am using with the pedal does not have an XLR input, only a 1/4 jack input. Therefore I am connecting the pedal from a Sure SM58 to XLR into pedal, then XLR to 1/4 jack cable out of pedal and into speaker. I am getting a loud noise accompanying the desired effect. I have since tried the pedal using only XLR cables into a different system and the problem disappears.

So as it seems that the noise is caused by using an XLR to 1/4 jack cable as opposed to only XLR, I'm wondering if there are any work arounds / solutions to this problem which would allow me to use this pedal with a PA with only line inputs. I have tried both balanced and unbalanced 1/4 cables and the noise is there with both.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice

Chris

read more...
    0 121
    • chrishair
      TCH-Rob

@chrishair are you finding you need to boost the volume a lot on the current PA? Generally you need to put your mic through a pre-amp, which the mic mechanic doesn't have. If you're going directly into a PA and not using a mic preamp, this could add noise when you boost your mic volume using the PA volume. 

• March 4, 2020
  • bearaby
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-26

Please give me reasons to upgrade to VoiceLive Play (or other?) from a Perform V for hosting karaoke, which by nature has singers requesting many different songs, unknown to me in advance.

0 111
    • bearaby
      TCH-Rob

Hi @bearaby ,

The Perform V is nice because it's very fast and easy to edit, but the Voicelive Play has far more options and you can do deeper editing with it. Voicelive Play also allows you to store 500 presets, so if there are several songs you know are common you can recreate the vocal effects from them and store them in the pedal. It really comes down to whether you want flexibility or easy fast editing. Let me know if you have any questions about these pedals, I'm here to help!  

• February 28, 2020
  • Billhenry
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-25

The Center knobs you turn to adjust settings has quit. Rendering the pedal pretty much unusable.

i read many had same failure for to plastic potentiometer. 

does anyone know how to get reolacment parts to I can repair this? Perhaps a pet number or electonics part to replace with?

Owehaps someone has already had this corrected.

it looks like a lot solidiered to board. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 108
  • Jayric1313
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-20
    0 107
    • Jayric1313
      TCH-Rob

The VL3 can process a bass throught the guitar inputs. The only downside of using bass is that you can't use NaturalPlay harmonies with it as you need to play chords in order to use NaturalPlay. 

• February 26, 2020
  • Sferna
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-15

Hi has anyone in UK tried to power their harmony singer (v1) via batteries or a power bank? I've got some busking in the next few weeks and looking for what equipment to buy to make this happen. 

0 77
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-13

I saw a friend's band the other week, and he had a TCH box that allowed him play his bass to whatever pitch he wanted, without physically tuning the instrument. So he was in standard tuning, but he can play a half-step lower through the box. He showed me, but now I've forgotten it. What is it?

read more...
    0 142
    • ChrisF
      TCH-Rob

Hi @ChrisF , 

our  Voicelive 3 would allow you to do this using the octaver effect, but that might not be the most accurate or efficient way to pitch shift your pedal. I would check out the TC Electronic Brain Waves pitch shifter; this might be a cheaper and better sounding device if all you want is pitch shifting. 

• February 13, 2020
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

Thanis @TCH-Rob , I think I found the pedal I'm looking for, albeit from a different company.

• February 14, 2020
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

@TCH-Rob so on the VL3X, how can I pitch shift 3 semi-tones, say, I play an F major chord but key of D is played?

• February 29, 2020
    • ChrisF
      TCH-Rob

@ChrisF  you would use the "octaver' effect in the guitar section and set the "shift" parameter to the number of semitones you want to transpose your signal by. You'd also need to se the mix to 100%. Unfortunately this wouldn't sound very good; the pitch shifter in VL3 isn't great, and works best when playing single notes. 

• March 2, 2020
  • JohnShelley
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-12

Imported some tracks.  Noticed for the first time XIST message.  What does this mean?  Does it mean the track exists already?  If so does it overwrite?

0 105
  • dhoff1234
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-11

Hey There,

A friends Voicelive 2 broke.  I opened it up, found one of the voltage regulators has a dead short.  I put in a ticket to see if tc-helicon can get me a schematic or maybe people actually repair equipment and can say, oh yea, such and such goes bad.  They closed out the ticket without any response.  I guess it is too much effort to be helpful.  

If anyone has ever encountered something causing it to stop working, feel free to respond.  I will start with desoldering the cables one at a time, and seeing if the voltage comes back.  Nothing obvious on the main board.  

Thanks.

read more...
    0 137
    • dhoff1234
      TCH-Rob

Hi @dhoff1234 !

It's odd that our care team closed your ticket without a responce. What was the ticket number? I can enquire more with them and get them to follow up if you'd like. 

• February 26, 2020
    • dhoff1234
      dhoff1234

Hi Rob,

Feel free to give it a try.  The ticket number is CAS-70505-C7P4W2.

Thanks very much,
      Dan

• February 26, 2020
    • dhoff1234
      TCH-Rob

Hi @dhoff1234 ,

an email was sent to you about the ticket on the 9th, but they forgot to attach the schematic. An email will be sent shortly with the requested information!  

• February 28, 2020
  • JamesMiller
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-09

Can I use USB midi from one keyboard and standard midi from another as long as I never play them at the same time? This is for triggering harmonies. Or can I use a midi merger device?

1 83
    • JamesMiller
      TCH-Rob

Hi @JamesMiller ,

Hypothetically, this should work! I'm not sure if it's something that's been tested thoroughly but a midi merger should work fine. You should try it!

• February 12, 2020
Go to page