Behringer

Behringer

Brand

Behringer

180,582 members
49,351 posts
  • 2019-05-17

Equipment: XR12 . Ehternet
    Went into windows to start a recording session, opened up the  X-Air Edit app, went into start a new snapshot, loaded up one from our list used a while ago, to start up a fresh session. and for a second or so I went to grab my coffee behind me and turn back around and the app was gone off the desktop. I went to fire it back up thinking maybe I closed it by accedent, so I went to load it again, dubble clicked the icon, and it closed before I could see anything, tried it again, same thing. grabed my ipad, switched to "Access Point" - went right in. everything looked normal..so I went and did "initialize mixer" to see if i can kick start the app back to working. turned it back to Ethernet after restarting the mixer..went to windows and clicked app to start and..nothing..same behavior. closed before anything showed on the screen. 

ok so..i have a linux manjaro box on the same system..went into that, used the app for linux and it fired right [email protected][email protected] ..
    went to snapshots and clicked the same template to start a session as we did before..(used this a few times before to start sessions). so the app closed down in linux too.. and i couldnt restart it just like in windows.

went and downloaded the app again for linux and windows...treid fresh apps on both. same crash..
    pushed the pin to rest the XR12 for 2 seconds...and for 10, as mentioned int the manual..
    windows and linux apps dont load..
    but im able to load in with "Access Point" using my ipad.
    ??
    what in the hell is going on?
    anyone can help?

read more...
    0 356
    • Alienbee Dude
      Alienbee Dude odd thing is ..i used to be able to open the app when the mixer was off too.. not able to even start it when its off now..in linux and windwos
      • May 17, 2019
    • Alienbee Dude
      Alienbee Dude I went and enabled view of hidden files in my Linux box, and found a folder with X-Air stuff. Deleted all the files, and NOW the App works again for Linux!!

going now to hunt for the folder inside of windows.

• May 17, 2019
    • Alienbee Dude
      Alienbee Dude

Ok found a fix!
      Windows 10  (replace "folder" for your own user name for that folder)

C:\Users\"folder"\AppData\Roaming\X-AIR-Edit

I deleted all files here
      "
      X-AIREdit.init
      X-AIREdit.keys
      "
      restarted App

all fixed

• May 17, 2019
    • Alienbee Dude
      Rex Beckett

Hi @alienbee , welcome to the community.

As you have discovered, it is possible for a bad setting in X-AIREdit.init to cause XAir Edit to crash - even when used offline. It is interesting that your Linux system caught the same problem. That suggests it must have been triggered by something in the XR12 settings. Perhaps the snapshot you loaded has got corrupted and should be deleted or replaced.

Thanks for sharing your solution.

• May 17, 2019
  • 2019-05-17

Hello, I purchased a Bugera 6262 Infinium guitar amp head from Adorama Camera. It was shipped to me and arrived when they said it would. Upon plugging everything in the first time I found the lead channel to be very faint and almost completely inaudible. The clean/crunch channels work great but I am not paying for an amp that only halfway works.

Now, that being said: I contacted the dealer and was told to get in contact with Bugera as Bugera would send me a retube set. I called the support number and got an automated voice directing me here, which is completely ridiculous. Human interaction is needed for some cases, even in today's tech savvy society. 

I have an email out to support and figured I'd post here, any help is greatly appreciated!

read more...
    0 173
    • Chris Arnold
      Shane Pierce

@CJ1988 wrote:

Hello, I purchased a Bugera 6262 Infinium guitar amp head from Adorama Camera. It was shipped to me and arrived when they said it would. Upon plugging everything in the first time I found the lead channel to be very faint and almost completely inaudible. The clean/crunch channels work great but I am not paying for an amp that only halfway works.

Now, that being said: I contacted the dealer and was told to freejobalert gimp notepad++ get in contact with Bugera as Bugera would send me a retube set. I called the support number and got an automated voice directing me here, which is completely ridiculous. Human interaction is needed for some cases, even in today's tech savvy society. 

I have an email out to support and figured I'd post here, any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi there.

I also once recieved a faulty product from Behringer and I returned it with some help from them. You will get through too.

Regards,

Shane

• July 8, 2019
  • 2019-05-17
    X32 Mixers
    1 366
    • Gary Higgins
      Rex Beckett

@GaryHiggins 

It is interesting that your post doesn't show on Home -> Updates, Gary. It seems that the Brand forum is  not connected to the rest of the community - or the history from the old forum. That may just make navigation even more difficult. 

• May 16, 2019
    • Gary Higgins
      Gary Higgins

@RexBeckett Probably not quite ready for prime time, I also notice no option to edit a post...a function I often need! A step in the right direction maybe. It is also a number of steps (a few too many maybe) to get there but...hey, its a start 

EDIT: Now I can edit!...could not a few hours ago

• May 16, 2019
    • Gary Higgins
      Dave Morrison

As I was looking at this post in Rack Mixers https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Rack-Mixers/X-Air-App-Crashing-today-help/m-p/266896#M1 , I realized that the initial post is both at the top and bottom of the thread. How strange.

• May 17, 2019
    • Gary Higgins
      Kevin Music

Hi @RexBeckett Its now connected to the Updates page. Sorry for the delay. Connecting Brand Tribes to Updates was not really part of the initial release for the restructuring but this seems really important to our users so we followed it up

• May 17, 2019
    • Gary Higgins
      Richard Yeomanclark

The MusicTribe forum is now improved immensely. Working much better now. But still a way to go to be as good as the old one was IMHO. Thanks. 

• May 17, 2019
  • 2017-08-30
    All,

I do live game streams and need a very crisp sound.

I need to mix in 3 PCs and at least a 1 phone and 1 Ipad device.

I have an XLR mic that will need to utilize a Roland VT-3 as well.

I have read that AUX channels 17/18 are the stereo channels for connecting PCs. Is there a way to transform channels 15/16 into the same setup at 17/18 were it is one solo stereo channel? Sames with 13/14 and 11/12 and so on?

The best way i have been able to do it is stereo link but when using compression its not uniform between the channels and treats them as two channels vs 1 channel. Same goes for AUTO mix which then causes a very weird Wobble effect because it will compress the left when it is softer than right to much vs treating them as 1 single channel like aux does for 17/18.

I hope that i am clear.
    read more...
    0 890
    •  Nigel JaDee
      Felix Homann Take a look at your Link Preferences. In the desktop applications yoou ou can find the Link Prefs in "Setup->Audio/Midi". Make sure to check all 4 check boxes. Then linking channels should work as expected.
      • August 30, 2017
    •  Nigel JaDee
      Nigel JaDee

Felix Homann;130496 wrote:

Take a look at your Link Preferences. In the desktop applications yoou ou can find the Link Prefs in "Setup->Audio/Midi". Make sure to check all 4 check boxes. Then linking channels should work as expected.

Awesome so i was doing the link correctly it appears.

That said, the automix feature still treats the stereo channels solo from one another when auto compressing. Meaning it will compress the left channel if the right channel gets louder 15 compressed 16 open even in stereo link. Basically the stereo link is competing with itself instead of acting as one. Is this intended or a bug that will need fixed?
      • August 30, 2017
    •  Nigel JaDee
      Paul Vannatto Hi Nigel,

Welcome to the forum. I think you are misunderstanding the automix feature. It functions in a similar manner as the Dugan Automix devices that were used for panel discussions, etc. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automixer). I don't think it fits your application and it won't work with linked paired channels.
      • August 30, 2017
    •  Nigel JaDee
      Nigel JaDee

Paul Vannatto;130499 wrote:

Hi Nigel,

Welcome to the forum. I think you are misunderstanding the automix feature. It functions in a similar manner as the Dugan Automix devices that were used for panel discussions, etc. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automixer). I don't think it fits your application and it won't work with linked paired channels.

Thank you for the clarification and the warm welcome.

I guess i could do the same thing but using ducking and side chain the channels i need reduced to the mic.

The reason the auto mix almost works perfectly for what I'm going for is i was able to allow my friends talking over voip (almost like a second mic) to talk and also duck the other channels as could I.

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way and need guidance as I'm new to live mixing and maybe ducking isn't the answer.

For the example below how would i get this to work in a manner to make everything sound crisp and clear and still have everything live going out right at or close to 0.

Channel 1 - Mic

Channel 2 - VOIP

Channel 3 - Guest Mic 1

Channel 4 - Guest Mic 2

Channel 15/16 - Computer 1 Stereo - Game Audio

Channel 13/14 - Computer 2 Stereo - Misc Sounds and Audible alerts

Channel 11/12 - Computer 3 Stereo - Dedicated Music
      • August 30, 2017
    •  Nigel JaDee
      Paul Vannatto Hmm... a very good question Nigel. If it was me, I would apply the automixing to the mic channels (ch 1-4), but also send those to a mixbus. Then setup ducking of the stereo channels to be triggererd by that mixbus.
      • August 30, 2017
  • 2015-04-02
    I've seen a few comments from people who don't seem to know what the monitor switch does.
    My own experience mirrors this.
    When the UCA202 is connected to a USB port and I have active input but am not connected to recording software I can't hear the input with the monitor switch set to ON and the volume control up.

When I launch Audacity I still can't hear the input with the monitor switch on.
    Only when I activate the recording mode can I hear the input signal no matter what position the monitor switch is in providing the volume control is turned up.
    I'm assuming this is the USB playback mode of the UCA202.

Using Logic I can monitor the "input when connected to the software and assigning input to tracks from the UCA202 - I don't have to be in record mode.When overdubbing in Logic I can hear both the pre-recorded track and the new track but I'm having difficulty discerning what the switch does since I can hear both pre-recorded and overdub tracks with switch in either position and both are controlled by the volume control.

Is this normal behavior for the UCA202?

Thanks.
    Dan
    read more...
    0 2,059
  • 2015-04-02
    Hello. I use a lot of virtual instruments in my computer (Kontakt 5, pianos, etc) I have test the X-32 rack with my USB connection. It's not very stable: rythm problem, some sounds don't play even with high buffer settings. Is the FireWire connection will be more stable and reliable with my setup ?
    read more...
    0 1,646
    •  Rejean Doyon
      Florian Gerstenlauer Rythm problems shouldn't be affected by th X32.

Which program do you use as host? What's your audio, and your MIDI clock source?
      • April 2, 2015
    •  Rejean Doyon
      Rejean Doyon I use Cubase 6.5 with Windows 7 64 bit. It's X-32 internal clock internal clock. I have compare side by side with a RME fireface UFX (FireWire connection). When a lot of virtual instruments are use, the RME is very smooth an stable. On the X-32, some missing or delayed parts and some audio sparks.
      • April 2, 2015
    •  Rejean Doyon
      Florian Gerstenlauer Maybe you should change the ASIO buffer setting. It's possible that the standard setting of the X32 is much smaller. This leads to higher CPU load and the problems you described.
      • April 2, 2015
    •  Rejean Doyon
      Rejean Doyon Yes, i have try this. I have try all combinations. Standard asio settings with 1024 buffer is the most stable.
      • April 2, 2015
    •  Rejean Doyon
      Robert Lofgren Have you tried setting the clock to card instead of internal?

I've not experienced the type of problem you have. Do you have some more intel to share?
      • April 2, 2015
  • 2015-03-30
    Hi,

I have been trying to record using the 302USB (brand new) hooked up to Garageband on my Mac. I have my headphones plugged into the mixer.

Here is my current setup.

SM57 mic > LXR input on 302USB > MacBook Pro > Garageband

1st problem: I keep hearing the faintest (yet incredibly distracting) clicking noise in the left phone of my headphones. It will last for about 10 seconds, go away, then return. It's not any kind of metronome from Garageband that I forgot to turn off.

2nd problem: about every 30 seconds I hear a loud beep in my headphones. I don't think it has anything to do with signal clipping b/c neither lights that would indicate this on the mixer or Garageband turn red.

I thought this problem was related to the Garageband, but I would turn the program off and watch a video online with headphones through the mixer, and the beep would return. Could it have anything to do with sound output from the computer?

-Vince
    read more...
    0 3,193
    •  Vince Bigos
      Sean Fairchild Dear Vince,

That sounds to me like an issue with the connection between the 302USB and the computer. On a Windows machine I would suspect the driver or the driver's buffer settings as causing this, but I'm no Mac expert Feel free to reach out to our CARE team at [email protected] or by phone at +1-702-800-8290 (US) or +44 1562 732290 (UK) for more assistance if you like!
      • April 2, 2015
  • 2012-10-02
    What is the best DAW to use with the X32?? And why not some kind of software wasn't supplied with the board. You figure for the price we paid, something would of been nice.
    0 10,766
    • InactiveUser
      Christian Boche I spend a lot of time in studios and therefore I need to know how to operate the most common audio sequenzer. Sadly I just have only very basic skills in Logic and ProTools, but I'm quite good with SawStudio, Cubase&Nuendo, StudioOne and Reaper. I found StudioOne runs nicely with the X32 (both Mac and PC), but it is not that stable in comparison to reaper or SAW. Just my personal experience. So, if you need a sequencer just for studio work, maybe look into Studio One. There is even a complety free version--> http://studioone.presonus.com/free

If you want to do live recordings, I would go with Reaper! Very stable, nice price and it comes with some important features for live recordings. F.e. you can record your tracks to two differnet paths and you have the option, to record in BradcastWave (wav.64) files. No need to worry about the 4GB file limit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAV#Limitations).

Hope that helps.

Christian
      • November 1, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      Henry Klein I use to work with Presonus' Studio One as well, works really nice and it's worth thinking about buying the full version. You can dig into the system with the free version.

As was a Samplitude user for more than 15 years (before switching to Mac) I would recommend that DAW, too.

What you will need to manage on your system is a routing setup that differs from DAW to DAW. Most systems can manage templates that are easy to use once they're made. Always remember to start the DAW AFTER the hardware is plugged and seen by your computer.

Henry
      • November 2, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser

Christian Boche;1058 wrote:

I found StudioOne runs nicely with the X32 (both Mac and PC), but it is not that stable in comparison to reaper or SAW.

Care to elaborate?
      • November 7, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      Christian Boche

Roblof;1141 wrote:

Care to elaborate?

Sure. Studio One crashes once in a while, when working with applications that uses lot's of RAM (samples, drumagog) and especially with the build in Melodyne. The 64bit version of S1 works notably better than the 32bit version concerning this topic. It never crashed, when I was just recording...but be careful when doing serious editing and mixing. I have one reaper rig as well, that never crashed within the last three years and I know two guys using reaper for doing live sound (like SAC).

Just sayin'

Christian

When a rock solid live tracking behavior is on the wish list, than maybe look into Nuendo Live-->

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/nuendo/nuendo_live.html

It can restore even unsaved recordings after a power out! BTW: SAWstudio can fix a damaged header too...
      • November 8, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      Alan Bean I do not yet own an X32, but am doing the research to confirm whether or not to buy. I am considering it for one purpose: to mix live shows and record at the same time. I have MacBook Pro i7 with 16 GB RAM and a Glyph Firewire 800 external drive. On the Mac I am running Pro Tools 9 using Windows 7 via Bootcamp (long story why not the Mac OS...). My glyph drive uses the only Firewire port on the Mac. Can I really record 32 tracks at once via USB from the X32 without dropouts? I have no desire to do any manipulation in the DAW during the show. I will be focusing on live mixing for FOH and will mix the recorded show later back in my Pro Tools HD studio.

Is anyone recording to Pro Tools with this console successfully?

This board looks almost too good to be true for the price. I have had a couple of Behringer items break down in the past...reliability means a lot when recording live shows for a client!
      • November 14, 2012
  • 2012-09-29
    I'm struggling to get Sonar 8 to control the surface on my X32. I can get audio in (via FiWi or USB), but can't control the surface.

I've set up the surface as a Mackie Control in Sonar, and set up the X32 Remote page as 'Remote Button Enable', Protocol 'Mackie Ctrl' interface as 'Card MIDI'.

I've got 'REMOTE' button pressed on the X32 and the 8 'bus' faders are all showing 'mute'. I can press 'DCA' and get the transport control on the displays, so it looks like it should work. But it doesn't.

Any ideas?
    read more...
    0 3,280
    • InactiveUser
      Joe Sanborn Hi,

After testing Sonar with the X32, I can say that it appears this is an issue with Sonar.

We have contacted Sonar and made them aware, as the X32 is fully compatible with HUI and works fine on ProTools, Logic and Reaper.

I have also looked at the MIDI data coming out of the X32 and it is sending the correct commands.

This document may help with other DAW solutions on the PC as well:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtbjbtf117...0functions.doc

I will post anything we hear back from Sonar.

Best

Joe Sanborn

Manager, Channel Marketing

MUSIC Group

BEHRINGER
      • November 1, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      Mario Sosa Hola, he intentado varias configuraciones de control DAW sin éxito entre SONAR y mi X32 ... Es bastante raro, ya que antes tenía 2 BCF 2000 con SONAR 8.5 que nunca me dieron ningún problema! Agradecería consejo al respecto, ya que me deshice de los BCF xq la x32 los reemplazaba.

Otra duda es cómo configuro el X32 para grabar POST dinámica y eq. Disculpen mi ignorancia, pero no me queda claro el ruteo.

Gracias.

salu2

La configuración que estoy usando va más o menos así: x32, mackie mr8, powerplay pro, intel i7 3770k, visiontek 3870x2, 16Gb Ram, HDs (7200 rpm) sobre 7 ultim 64 bits. DAW Sonar (no quiero cambiar de DAW, ya que estoy acostumbrado y muy a gusto)
      • January 9, 2013
    • InactiveUser
      Glenn Slater Después de probar Sonar con el X32, puedo decir que parece que este es un problema con Sonar.

Nos hemos comunicado con Sonar y les hemos hecho saber, ya que el X32 es totalmente compatible con HUI y funciona bien en ProTools, Logic y Reaper.

También he mirado los datos MIDI que salen de la mezcladora X32 y está enviando la informacion correcta.

El siguiente documento puede ayudar con soluciones de otros DAW en el ordenador.:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtbjbtf117...0functions.doc
      • January 10, 2013
    • InactiveUser
      Mario Sosa Gracias por tu respuesta Glenn !! pero link a documento dropbox me tira invalido. Sigo tratando de configurar x32 para grabar luego del bloque de control de dinámica. Me podrías orientar al respecto. Gracias!!

salu2

Mario, desde Mza, Argentina.
      • January 10, 2013
    • InactiveUser
      Mario Sosa Encontré la solución para control DAW SONAR .... Simplemente seleccionar VS-700 en vez de mackie control .... A mí me fincionó. http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2679018

Salu2

Mario.
      • January 15, 2013
  • 2012-08-29
    Hi:
    I just bought the Berhringer X32 and have been trying to connect Waves Multirack software via USB to the XUF FireWire/USB audio interface card. My hopes are to be able to run all the audio inputs during live performance through the Multirack software and back into the X32. I have had some success but have not yet found a "routing" combination that has completely worked. Has anyone tried and done this successfully??
    I am new the forum and would appreciate any thoughts.
    Best,
    Hoyt
    read more...
    0 11,452
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser I don't own a X32 yet but I have contacted Behringer and Waves about this and both said it would work. I would contact Waves becuase they were willing to walk me through it. If you e-mail them they will contact you back fast. They have the best customer service I have found anywhere.
      • August 30, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Thanks, Yes I have spoken Waves and they do not know. No one at Sweetwater or Guitar Center in LA knows the answer either. I just got my mixer and I am having success with adding only 4 channels of AUX 1-4 which is only one of the inputs directly into the onboard audio card. I am trying other combinations to see if I can come up with another combination of routing that will allow me more Wave channels. I will let you know what I find.

Thanks,

Hoyt
      • August 30, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      Christian Boche Hi,

by now it is a bit clumsy, because the daw returns are not useable as digital inserts on all channel without sacrifying the micpres. You can use the Aux inptus though. Behringer R&D is working on a solution as we speak, this routing option will come in a future firmware update. I'm also waiting on this, we just need a bit more patience.

Christian
      • August 30, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      Ozzy Stone

Christian Boche;480 wrote:

Hi,

by now it is a bit clumsy, because the daw returns are not useable as digital inserts on all channel without sacrifying the micpres. You can use the Aux inptus though. Behringer R&D is working on a solution as we speak, this routing option will come in a future firmware update. I'm also waiting on this, we just need a bit more patience.

Christian

hi any idea if there is a workaround this?

I use multirack on every show with my personus

I want to buy a X32 and will hate to use my plugins
      • January 12, 2013
    • InactiveUser
      Per Sovik

hyeatman;467 wrote:

Hi:

I just bought the Berhringer X32 and have been trying to connect Waves Multirack software via USB to the XUF FireWire/USB audio interface card. My hopes are to be able to run all the audio inputs during live performance through the Multirack software and back into the X32. I have had some success but have not yet found a "routing" combination that has completely worked. Has anyone tried and done this successfully??

I am new the forum and would appreciate any thoughts.

Best,

Hoyt

As long as you want to set up as insert on every channel, it is quite straightforward. If you route Card out to use Local 1-8, 9-16, 17-24 & 25-32 and route Inputs to use Card as source, you have insert on all your channels. You have to do any bypass in Multirack, and all channels have to have a path trough Multirack, but the X32 side is fairly straightforward if you can live with having permanent inserts.

One question for you, does the Multirack support non-Waves plugins, I have a couple of Waves bundles and would like to use them if that doesn't limit me to Waves-only.
      • January 13, 2013
Go to page