Behringer

Behringer

Brand

Behringer

187,710 members
57,657 posts
  • 2019-06-15

Does the UMC404HD provide 1.5V feed for iphone or Android-type microphones.  I.e. is the 1.5V voltage to power the FET in the electret microphone provided on the 3.5mm jack socket?  

Does it support four-pole 3.5mm headset-type jacks?

read more...
    0 137
    • Nicholas Edwards
      Richard Yeomanclark

The UMC404 doesn't have any 3.5mm sockets.  The haedphone jack, if that is what you are referring to, is a standard 1/4" stereo headphone jack. Microphones are only accepted on the 4 x XLR sockets which can provide 48V phantom powering for condenser mics.

• June 15, 2019
  • 2019-06-15

Hi!

I recently purchased a Xenyx 302 USB, and to my disappointment, this audio interface does not work in the Mac Sierra. Is there way to make it work? Did I just throw my money in the trash? Help me please!

0 135
  • 2019-06-14

Hi

There was a thread on the old forum site that had scenefiles that we could download......are they still available ? If so where ?

Thanks

Dan

0 128
    • Dan Gallant
      Paul Vannatto

@DanGallant wrote:

Hi

There was a thread on the old forum site that had scenefiles that we could download......are they still available ? If so where ?

I don't recall any particular thread or section that was focused on providing scene files. We did make up a section to provide presets (FX, etc.). Maybe that is what you were remembering. I do have those and can provide them if you wish.

• June 14, 2019
  • 2019-06-14

Hello!  I've tried following some of the instructions on here about connecting an X-Touch to an X32 Rack.  I'm using an ethernet crossove cable, have set both unit's IP Addresses to be in the same subnet (192.168.99.3 mixer, 192.168.99;4 X-Touch, 255.255.255.0 subnet on both),  I've tried the X-Touch as Master and Slave, I've listed the Slave address as the Mixer, and a blank address, when that didn't work.  I've checked the cable, also good.

What switches need to be set on the Mixer, and on the X-touch as far a protocol?  MC, HUI, something not available on the X-Touch?  I've been waiting almost 24 hours for a response from Tech Support, and this unit leaves my office soon.  Thanks!  chris

read more...
    0 126
  • 2019-06-12

This is embarassing but I'm having a serious brain fart.  I just got a new S32 to use with my X32 Rack.  I'm getting input signals but no output.

My configuration is ver simple:  Bus 1 thru 8 = Ouputs 1 thru 8 on the S32 (for monitor mixes.)

Ouput 9-12 are designated matrix output

Ouput 13 & 14 for Subs  and Output 15 and 16 FOH L & R.  

All inputs thru the S32 are working (at least it's showing signal) but I'm not getting any ouput thru the S32.  I'm sure it's some simple routing issue but having trouble figuring it out.  Any help would be appreciated.

read more...
    0 185
    • Jan Williams
      Paul Vannatto

Hey Jan @JanWilliams, export your scene to a file, zip it and attach it to your next post (Choose File below) and we'll be glad to have a look.

• June 12, 2019
    • Jan Williams
      Jan Williams

Attached is the scene file.

janscene.zip
      • June 12, 2019
    • Jan Williams
      Paul Vannatto

Hi Jan @JanWilliams

Yes your Routing, AES50 A outputs are assigned AES50 A1-8, A9-16, etc. meaning you are assigning what is coming in from the S32 to the S32 outputs. What you want is to assign Out 1-8, 9-16 to the first 2 banks.

Jan Scene-fixed.zip
      • June 12, 2019
    • Jan Williams
      Jan Williams

Gosh, I feel really foolish.  I should have known that.  Thanks so much Paul.

• June 12, 2019
  • 2019-06-11

On my Macbook I have Showbuddy for a backing track system. I am using X32 for audio interface for Showbuddy (backing track) and it plays on Channels 1/2 on the mixer. Then we mix some live vocals and live stereo guitars on the other channels.

I am trying to record our individual tracks in Logic X and setting Logic channels to match X32 channels makes all tracks record except 1/2. I am attaching a scene to see if anyone can tell me what I need to do to get channel 1/2 to hit Logic.  

20190611_recording.scn.zip
    read more...
    0 212
    • Mike Davidson
      Mike Davidson

When I go to edit my message there is a zipped scene attached but it's not showing up on the original post. I will try this again here to attach file. 

20190611_recording.scn.zip
      • June 11, 2019
    • Mike Davidson
      Paul Vannatto

@MikeDavidson wrote:

I am trying to record our individual tracks in Logic X and setting Logic channels to match X32 channels makes all tracks record except 1/2. I am attaching a scene to see if anyone can tell me what I need to do to get channel 1/2 to hit Logic.  

Hi Mike, the above explanation is conflicting. Do you want ch 1/2 to go to Logic (via the card out)? If you want the outputs to the card out (to Logic) to be identical to what you have the channel setup in X32, use the Ultranet instead of Local for the card out assignment (Routing, card out screen). If you don't want ch 1/2, start the individual output assignments with Direct Out Channel 3 (instead of 1) on the Routing, Ultranet screen.

• June 11, 2019
    • Mike Davidson
      Mike Davidson

@Paul_Vannatto Thank you Paul. Hopefully to be clearer I am doing dual purpose. Our norm is for Showbuddy to play our backing track using the X32 as the sound card. When I first started on the forum someone helped get it setup. So input 1/2 are using Card 1/2 as the source and the rest of the inputs are 1 to 1 with their channel numbers using XLR's.

Then I started wanted to capture this in Logic on the fly while we are playing. Arming each track in Logic with corresponding X32 track number will record all the channels while we play exept it doesn't capture the 1/2 (backing) tracks that we are playing to. I will experiment with your suggestions. Do I have to plug anything into the Ultranet output or is it just a routing process?

• June 12, 2019
    • Mike Davidson
      Paul Vannatto

@MikeDavidson wrote:

Do I have to plug anything into the Ultranet output or is it just a routing process?

No, the Ultranet is just a "staging area" in order to assign individual outputs to make up a bank of 8 that would be assigned to the Card Out.

• June 13, 2019
    • Mike Davidson
      Mike Davidson

@Paul_Vannatto Well I tried it tonight Paul and unfortunately it didn't work out. I put 1-8 on Ultranet and was able to get backing track on 1/2 to show up in Logic but channels 3-8 also ran thru the same 1/2 tracks and the faders on the mixer had no bearing on the input into Logic. It was just full out. 

Card 1/2 for computer backing track mixed with analog in 4 thru 14 work great live. I just can't translate to separate tracks in Logic. 4-14 yes but 1/2 will not register in Logic. I could run Showbuddy backing track thru a different portable audio interface, like my Babyface, taking the outputs and running them into analog 1/2 on the X32 and make it work but was hoping to use the built in x-32 audio card.  

• June 14, 2019
  • 2019-06-11

Okay just to clarify my finding using Samplitude 4 Pro.

I have two X Touch controllers running with Samplitude 4, according to the Magic help file the second controller must be a signed to Mackie XT  this is not correct. By trial and error the second controller must be a signed to Mackie Alternate Scale. Once a signed you will see two midi assignments for the X Touch. In my configuration the top is the master he is 1-8 and the bottom is the slave 9-16. Also please remember that when you open Samplitude you will need to always asign the second unit if you are using more than 8 tracks. Samitude does not save the config automatically, but this only takes a few second to setup so there no hardship. All fuctions work perfectly in sync and you can add up to for units if required.

read more...
    0 90
  • 2019-06-10

First of all, if this is the wrong place to post this, let me know.

I recently acquired a Behringer Xenyx X1204USB mixer. However, the USB Audio output seems to be extremely quiet. Audio does come through, but I need to turn the main outs as well as the headphones volume control most of the way up to hear it. Even with these all the way up, it still is quieter than a whisper.

I do not believe this is a problem with the computer or any other hardware, because I used an identical setup before, but with an iTrack Solo instead of a X1204USB (I use the 2-track outputs).

The unit seems to be otherwise completely functional. Audio from other sources, including the XLR and line inputs, as well as the returns is outputted perfectly.

I am going to try using a different USB cable to connect the mixer to my computer as soon as I get a chance, but I have used the cable currently in use with no problem before.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much,

read more...
    0 255
    • Dmitri Volkov
      Richard Yeomanclark

@dv wrote:

However, the USB Audio output seems to be extremely quiet. Audio does come through, but I need to turn the main outs as well as the headphones volume control most of the way up to hear it. Even with these all the way up, it still is quieter than a whisper.

The unit seems to be otherwise completely functional. Audio from other sources, including the XLR and line inputs, as well as the returns is outputted perfectly.

Don't quite understand where the problem is. I am confused by the two statements 'USB Audio output seems to be extremely quiet' and ' as well as the returns is outputted perfectly.' They seem to contradict one another. Where are you listening that is so low level?

• June 10, 2019
    • Dmitri Volkov
      Dmitri Volkov

@RichardYClark 

I apologize for the confusion. Hopefully this clears things up.

When I use the returns in conjunction with the sends on the mixer, everything seems to work fine. I often use the sends and returns to use miked instruments with pedals, and this works fine. However, when I connect the mixer to my computer, and play audio from the computer, the audio is outputted very quietly from the mixer. I did make sure that the volume was turned up on the computer.

Again, sorry for the confusion. Thank you for the help.

• June 11, 2019
  • 2019-06-10

After sitting on my desk for just a few weeks, I've noticed dust building up on my Deepmind 12D which I'm worried about as their are gaps in the sliders where dust is obviously going to gather. 

Headed over to Decksavers as Facebook must have heard me mention it and then advertised it on my feed and their covers are tip top. Only thing is, they don't do any for Behringer! 

Anyone know why? Or if any alternatives are out there that look just as good? 

read more...
    0 658
  • 2019-06-09

Hey guys, I'm kind of new here and I'm just wondering how I should maybe go about doing this; I've seen some other posts on the topic but I am having a hard time figuring what the best course of action would be for us.

So long story short I'm in charge of upgrading the sound in our church building and implementing an in-ear system since right now we are only using wedges and it's limiting us a decent amount.

We have an X32 Producer in the back and an analog snake on stage with only 16 inputs and 4 outputs. I think I've decided on using the Presonus HP60 (2 of these) as a headphone amp and using the X32 app to mix individually. This will still be a much cheaper option than the p16s and we can still have good quality. We have nine or ten members on stage that would be using a stereo iem.

So obviously we're limited by our current outs so I was thinking about getting an S32 and getting rid of the analog snake on stage, this would provide us with more inputs (which we are needing as well) and close to enough outputs for what we would need. Any thoughts? How would I go about setting this up with the Cat 5 cable? I understand we could also get an X32 Rack but I fear we would not have enough outs for the in-ears. 

We are looking at making a gradual transition so I'm contemplating what to change first.

Thanks for any help guys, I really appreciate it.

@Paul_Vannatto 

read more...
    0 81
    • Isaac Da Siolva
      Paul Vannatto

Hi Isaac @isaacmaestro,

Welcome to the forum. From what you describe of what you want to accomplish, I don't think two Presonus HP60 are going to provide an acceptable solution, particularly for multiple IEM (stereo) application. Each HP60 only provides 2 stereo (balanced) inputs for all headphone outputs and a stereo (unbalanced) for each headphone outputs. What I've learned is that IEM users will have difficulties sharing stereo mixes with others, meaning that each will want their own customized stereo mix. 

The P16 (Ultranet) eco-system provides an alternate solution for up to 16 individual signals using the Ultranet bus (which can also be sent down the AES50 cables to stageboxes). The downside is that it is limited to 16 signals. 

If you don't plan on using the P16's (due to its limitations or cost factor), you will need to use mixbuses (2 per stereo mix) within the X32 console. Each console has 16 mono mixbuses available. Typically the last 4 are used for sidechaining to the first 4 FX slots. If not all 4 FX are needed, then those mixbuses can be repurposed for IEM mixes. If you plan on having 9-10 stereo IEM, that still leave the mixbus capability short a few. Therefore you will need 18-20 outputs, but also 18-20 mixbuses to provide the desired IEMs. Add to that, you will need more outputs for FOH speakers, subs, foyer, nursery, etc.

My suggestion is to get an X32 Rack and an SD8 or SD16. This will not only provide sufficient outputs but also sufficient mixbuses (between the 2 consoles). For the IEM's, if the musicians are relatively stationary (eg. keyboard, bass, drums, etc.), you could provide the Behringer P1 wired headphone amps for each musician. For those who move around and require wireless, I just got a Carvin EM900 and it seems to be a very nice unit and it is "church budget compatible". I won't know how it works in a live event until August. But it does have excellent reviews.

• June 9, 2019
Go to page