Brand

Behringer

298,841 members
182,515 posts
  • Rayzeru
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-27

Hi,

I use the RD-8 for 9 month now and I want to report what I think to be an interface problem.

I can't use the mute fonction of the RD-8 because my brain is constantly saying to me the flashing tracks are the muted track, then it's the opposite.

So I'm forced to use the solo fonction instead while it *hum* my brain compatible. So I'm cutting off myself the possibility of muting tracks.

I'm sure some people will be very confortable with flashing leds for active tracks and non-flashing leds for muted tracks, but I find it myself illogical and I can't get rid of it.

Is it possible to add a fonction to invert mute leds ? Even maybe in the Frimware updater to not overload the fonctions of the RD-8

Thank you for answer,
    with love from France

read more...
    0 91
    • Rayzeru
      Dale_M Hi Ant, I will pass your comments on to the design team but I am unsure as to how they could adjust this.
      • September 28, 2020
  • petercastle
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-27

All Behringer music makers thought about buying a Behringer Wing,  come into a group with a musician production theme, multitrack training, and light-hearted humour.

Link Behringer Wing Studio Mode Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/360112075372387/

read more...
    0 48
  • mopheij
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-26

This is a Feature Request for the WINGs USB Recorder.

It would be great if some where in the Recording Page the remaining space or time left on the drive is displayed.

0 46
    • mopheij
      john0121 Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass it along to the dev team for future consideration.
      • September 27, 2020
  • eee80
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-26

It seems other 303 clones can access pitch and time modes, while a pattern is playing, enabling one to edit the notes and listen to the changes on the fly. I think having this feature in the TD-3 would REALLY improve the experience of creating patterns on the machine.

Another feature that would bring the experience on the TD-3 a long way forward would be the ability to go backwards more than once, when editing a pattern in pitch or time mode.

This video illustrates these features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=785Vu3oXk5w

In the video, they mention the RE-303 CPU from Sonic Potions.

https://www.sonic-potions.com/shop/?product=re-303-cpu

Is there any chance we can get something resembling these features in future firmware releases?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 46
    • eee80
      Nigel67 Hi Esteban, many thanks for your enhancement requests, I will pass them on to the design team for discussion and possible future implementation.
      • September 29, 2020
  • FlavioB
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-09-25

Hi all.

I'm very new to this great concept of routing and buses, so I'm struggling to get hold of the basics (I guess).

Can anybody assist me or is there any good site where I could start read and learn? If it's be a site, then it should be related to X32 in particular...

Or I could simply pose my questions here?

Let me know!

BR,
    F.

read more...
    0 103
    • FlavioB
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Flavio, feel free to ask questions relating to routing and buses. You could also search YouTube for "X32 Routing". There should be plenty of them there. The ones by Drew Brashler are excellent.
      • September 25, 2020
    • FlavioB
      CraigFowler As a quick primer:

Buses sum and can add processing (eg eq and compression) to a group of channel signals at certain tap points. The buses can then be used internally within the console (eg as an FX send if you wanted to add reverb to a bunch of vocal channels) or can be routed to physical output sockets on the console\stagebox to feed things like monitor and FOH amps.

The X32 has 16 mono buses which can be used for monitors\subgroups\fx sends, which can be stereo-linked in odd\even pairs to create up to 8 stereo buses (useful for stereo IEMs.)

The X32 also has a dedicated stereo LR bus, which is typically used for the FOH mix. There is also mono\centre bus, which would typically be used for feeding either subwoofers or a centre channel (you can set up LCR panning.) It can also be used as an FX send if you run out of regular buses.

Finally, the X32 has 6 mono matrices. Like the buses, they can be stereo-linked in odd/even pairs, and then routed to individual physical outputs to feed various things. Typical uses would be front\side fills, delays, and overflows. Although you can't send channels to matrices, you can send buses there for summing and processing. Matricies are like buses for your buses.

Using the various tabs in the Routing menu, you can determine exactly which signal will appear on which output socket on the console\stageboxes.
      • September 25, 2020
    • FlavioB
      FlavioB Hi guys. Thanks for your replies.
      Let's start with a practical use case: when using a DAW to record multi-track from my X32, I experienced that the FX (I'm using two outboards to add delay / reverb to my channels in a send-return fashion) is not getting recorded. So I just have all dry instruments in my DAW.
      A suggestion I got from a friend is to use 2 channels (or pairs, depending on mono/stereo instruments) for each instrument:
      - instrument (dry) channel
      - FX channel (no instrument)
      This way I would be able to adjust the FX amount for each channel (or channel pair) and also record that channel in my DAW. But here's the point I am stuck at: how can I have the FX return dedicated for each instrument on a separate channel?

I hope my explanation is clear enough... otherwise just ask :-)
      Thanks,
      Flavio.
      • September 27, 2020
    • FlavioB
      CraigFowler I'm presuming you're using the aux IO for the inserts?

By default the X32 records signals straight after the preamps, which is before any insert points, which is why the signals going to your DAW are dry. If you want to keep using the FX as send-returns and record them, you need to either record the wet input at the aux in sockets, (Routing>Card, set a block to AuxIn1-6/T) or use the Routing>Out1-16\Ultranet tabs to set up some direct outs from the instrument channels which tap post insert point, then send that Out1-16\Ultranet block to the cardout tab.

If you want to go with your friend's suggestion, you'd need to stop using the channel's insert point, and instead set a channel direct out to the aux out socket feeding the outboard FX engine's input (routing>aux out.) If you do it post-fader you can use the channel's fader as a send level control. Then you'd need to return the FX signal to the aux input. The you can record the aux input directly using the routing>card>auxin1-6/t option, or you can set a spare channel (or 2) to source their signals from the aux in sockets (select channel>config>source: AuxX) then stage direct outs from those spare channels in the routin>out1-16\ultranet tabs, and then send the Out1-16\Ultranet block to the routing>card tab.
      • September 27, 2020
      • X32 and routing - where should I start from?
        FlavioB So here I am, after some time "off" from my studio...

I've tried your first suggestion, Craig: "record the wet input at the aux in sockets". It seems to be working, but I don't understand how and why. Can you help? :-)
        So I have now the configuration you can see in the attached screenshot.
        For some reason, after fiddling a bit around, I discovered by pure luck that channel pair 31+32 is the pair I need to record in my DAW to also record the FX coming from my 2 outboard FX units.
        How is this possible?
        Thanks!
        F.
        • October 9, 2020
    • FlavioB
      CraigFowler [QUOTE]"record the wet input at the aux in sockets". It seems to be working, but I don't understand how and why.[/QUOTE]

By setting one of the blocks in the Routing>Card section to AuxIn1-6/T, You're taking the signals that appear at the console's auxIn sockets (where the outputs of your outboard are plugged in; your FX returns) and passing them to the card interface to be output into your DAW, where you can record them.

[QUOTE]For some reason, after fiddling a bit around, I discovered by pure luck that channel pair 31+32 is the pair I need to record in my DAW to also record the FX coming from my 2 outboard FX units.
      How is this possible?[/QUOTE]

Ch31-32 probably have their sources set as aux1+2, so they're taking signal from those aux in sockets where your ourboard returns. Select ch31 (and 32,) config tab, and check what the source is.

If you can upload your whole scene file we can have a look at how you've got it set up. If you're managing to record wet signals using the settings in the screenshot, you've done some extra work with the aux out tab, which is confusing things.
      • October 10, 2020
  • PeterSasser
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-25

i just bought a qx1222usb mixer. pro tools is not reconizing input channels, does anyone know how to fix it?

0 55
    • PeterSasser
      RexBeckett The USB interface in the QX1222USB is stereo and the recording output is fed from the Main mix. It does not provide access to individual channels. You could record two channels by panning them extreme left and extreme right. Then use your DAW to split the stereo track into two mono ones.
      • September 26, 2020
  • kalkisb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-25

can anyone tell me  the email address i've got a behringer drum set i get the emails from musictribe i cant return them need help ?

0 148
    • kalkisb
      WilliamR Hello Billy, I have emailed you again within the case you opened. In order for me to see your reply, please reply directly to the email you received from me and I should get it.
      • September 25, 2020
  • matthiasremes
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-25

Hi. Im realy impressed with the 1.08.1. The soul extractor is just what i needed. ps nameles company:"the 545 is realy difficult to model"  :D

I am currently using the sd card recorder for virtual soundchecks and it works nicely as long as my input sources stay the same. If the input sources change i find it cumbersome to rerout SD card inputs and outputs. I have found myself turning my brain into knots doing this. The user signals are a nice workaround but my channel count is often more than 24.

So i was wondering if there is a way to somehow copy aes50 source routings to the recorder? Then i could just do my source setup and "copy" the assignemnts to the sd recorder so that the sd play ins the alt input.

read more...
    0 53
    • matthiasremes
      Nigel67 Hi Matthias. I have been talking to a few people regarding this. Could you give us more detail on how/why you would want to use this function. We are trying to understand if there is a work around for how you want this to work. One specific question that did come up, was if you stored your patching with the audio, and then changed channels on the surface, when you re-imported the patching, the surface channels would still be in the wrong place as you are only changing the patching. How were you intending to get round this problem? If you could supply as much information as you can and we will take another look at it. Many thanks
      • September 29, 2020
  • ChrisKern
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-25

Im trying to find replacement catches for my berhinger pb 1000 ? 

0 140
    • ChrisKern
      RexBeckett I would try opening a Care ticket. At the top of this page, click Support -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Spare Parts. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • September 25, 2020
  • SimonLee
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-25

X-Touch Compact cannot control XR12 via X Air Edit software, but adjustments on software can be responsed and synchronized on X-Touch Compact, it used to be working both ways, did anyone came across recently? How to solve? Thanks!

0 64
    • SimonLee
      RexBeckett Check that Midi Rx is enabled on the XR12. Using XAir Edit, this is on the Setup -> Audio/Midi tab. Otherwise, check that both Midi cables are good and connected correctly.
      • September 25, 2020
Go to page