Behringer

Brand

Behringer

254,234 members
131,899 posts
  • Iavservice
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-06

Hello. I am setting up an MX32 Rack for the first time for a customer at a church. We have a fairly simple setup. 5 mics, CD player, and some auxiliary floor jacks. I’m basically trying to give them quick presets to use for mic settings with and without cd sound and or instruments. Can someone steer me in the right direction please. 

read more...
    0 153
    • Iavservice
      bhamil

Do you have the speakers and mixer working together already?  

Do you need routing setup, or are you just needing some fader/eq/compressor suggestions for a some channels?  

Bob

• February 6, 2020
    • Iavservice
      Iavservice

Hi Bob. Thank you for your response. Yes, I have speakers and amps working with the mixer. I have my inputs labeled and I have audio matrixes set up for a recording output and for another amplifier feeding speakers in a fellowship hall. I’m just trying to give them some quick presets to recall for mic level settings. I’m assuming this is even a possibility. Forgive my ignorance, I have 21 years in high end residential audio experience and hardly any pro audio experience 

• February 6, 2020
    • Iavservice
      bhamil

Do you know how to save and recall scenes? 

• February 6, 2020
    • Iavservice
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi James @Iavservice 

Welcome to the forum. Attached are the Artists preset set that came with the X32 firmware 2.0

X32 V2 Presets.zip
      • February 6, 2020
    • Iavservice
      Iavservice

I have figured out the scenes and learned to save and recall them. That seems to be more of what I was looking for and not necessarily presets. 

Is there a way to automatically recall a scene upon power up?

• February 7, 2020
  • AaronLinder
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-06

i have been using Tracktion 7 to record using my X18 for a few years now.  I switched to linux about a year ago, and i am a little confused on the best options to choose for the input and outputs in Tracktion 7.  Does it really matter which X18 option for input?  I even used the pulse audio option and it seemed to work.  

read more...
    0 56
  • DaveMorrison
    Rock Star - Level 2
    2020-02-06

Some people (including me) have had trouble creating custom boot and lock screens. I had created a "bmp" with all the correct attributes: 

CustomBoot.bmp:
    - Must be named CustomBoot.bmp
    - Located at the root of the USB drive
    - Bitmap only (.bmp)
    - 8 bit indexed mode (not rgb)
    - Maximum size : 799 x 399 px
    - Minimum size : 10 x 10 px
    - Colours : 256 max (no particular color palette)
    - background color will be 1st colour in customboot.bmp palette
    - boot text color will be 2nd colour of the palette

CustomLock.bmp:
    - Must be named CustomLock.bmp
    - Located at the root of the USB drive
    - Bitmap only (.bmp)
    - 8 bit indexed mode (not rgb)
    - Maximum size : 799 x 399 px
    - Minimum size : 10 x 10 px
    - Colours : use colour palette embedded of the attached image.
    - don't change the order of the colours
    - use dithering if you want a smooth image

I used Photoshop and save the files. No Joy. I then used the example files, made a small change and saved it in Photoshop. Still No Joy. I reached out on these forums and was recommend to use Irfanview. These are my conclusions.

I did a little research. The bmp file format (a microsoft invention) has many different versions. Our mixer (apparently) can't read all versions. Photoshop (at least my version) saves the file with a header the X32 refuses to open. I took my Photoshop edited files and opened them with Irfanview and them promptly saved them (no processing at all). My mixer is now happy to open both the CustomBoot And CustomLock files.

Conclusion: Save the files with Irfanview

read more...
    3 4,097
    • DaveMorrison
      GaryHiggins

Great to know! Thanks for the research!

• February 6, 2020
    • DaveMorrison
      tomyvertigo

Where can I download files?

• February 12, 2020
    • DaveMorrison
      RobertoDelgado I need help with this issue, because I do everything he tells me to do and I haven't been able to do it.
      • February 24, 2020
    • DaveMorrison
      AlexCailliau I don't have Irfanview and got the same issue while saving with photoshop. I just opened my bitmap files with paint and saved them without any modification and bingo! this did the job! ;-)
      • July 29, 2020
  • bhamil
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-06

Hello, 

I used to be on here as Bob Hamil, but under the new forum, my username is used, but my password doesn't work anymore, and I don't have that email anymore, so my old account can't be logged into.  

It doesn't look like the old forum posts are searchable for my current issue. I'm looking for a sticky introducing the new forum, but don't see anything. Are the posts from the old forum archived? There was so much good info in there.  

Thanks, 

Bob

read more...
    0 111
    • bhamil
      GaryHiggins

@bhamilwelcome back!!....the info exists here somewhere...I don'y know exactly how to access it. I'll leave that to others who have more insight. This forum has changed so much, don't know where to start. It's a struggle on many levels, most of us here learned how to cope-I still prefer the old except for a very few things-some things are way better. It is what it is as they say.

• February 6, 2020
    • bhamil
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Bob @bhamil 

Welcome back. Yes much has changed with this "new-fangled" forum, including my ability of working with the back end of the forum. Usernames rules have changed as well. Mine use to be Paul Vannatto. Now, spaces are no longer allowed, so I had to change it to Paul_Vannatto (close enough). I can help you change your username or you can do it yourself (in your profile). Let me know if you need any help with this.

All of the old posts and threads are still here. But because there is no "usable" structure, it is more difficult to find things. Most of us now simply use the Discover, Updates and select the Recent Updated on the side bar. If you do want to search for old posts, use the magnifying glass icon near the top right. 

• February 6, 2020
    • bhamil
      bhamil

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for the info.  If you can reset the password on my previous account that's good, but really it doesn't make much difference.  

I'd revive a feature suggestion from then, but I can write it up better this time, anyhow. 

I think it will be confusing trying to look for info that pertains to my gear in two forums.    I have two Racks and a Compact.  

I know I've read in the old forums some of the info I need.  The website is working poorly here in Michigan, so the search keeps timing out and I haven't been able to see results.  

Thanks, Bob

• February 6, 2020
    • bhamil
      Paul_Vannatto

@bhamil wrote:

If you can reset the password on my previous account that's good, but really it doesn't make much difference.  

As previously mentioned, I don't have access to this new forum's back end (like I did with the old one). So I can't go looking for your previous account to make changes. What I can do is change your current username to something you would prefer (such as Bob_Hamil). Of course you also can do that by accessing your own profile (click on the icon at top right corner beside the British flag). 

I think it will be confusing trying to look for info that pertains to my gear in two forums.   

Bob, there is only one forum. They migrated all of the old posts and threads to this new forum and the old forum went bye bye (unfortunately). But it has become a norm simply to start over again in posting topics, even though there were previous posts pertaining to the same subject (simply because it is so hard to find things anymore).

• February 6, 2020
  • RobertHabicher
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-06

Hi,

I have X32 compact input chanels 1-16 for a few weeks and today got S16 snake to expand desk to use chanels 17-32. Can anyone help with the Routing for this.

0 122
    • RobertHabicher
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Robert @RobertHabicher 

Connect the S16 to the AES50 A port (of both the S16 and the X32) using a shielded cat5e/cat6/cat7 with ethercon ends. For the input routing, on the Routing, AES50 screen assign AES50 A1-8 and A9-16 to the 3rd and 4th banks of 8. For the output, it depends on what you want to send to the 8 outputs of the S16.

• February 5, 2020
    • RobertHabicher
      RobertHabicher

Hi Paul, X32 is working good with inputs 1-32. Outputs 1-8 appear to be duplicated at S16 ! Can S16's outputs be out 9 to out16?. please tell me how 

thanks for your help 

• February 8, 2020
  • cmittlesteadt
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-06

Perhaps I'm missing it... Is there a way to assign a dedicated user button to tap tempo set delay time for the delay in the FX rack? Thanks!

0 312
    • cmittlesteadt
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Chris @cmittlesteadt 

Welcome to the forum. That feature is coming in an upcoming firmware release.

• February 5, 2020
    • cmittlesteadt
      Roblof

The new firmware was released today. It may take some time to show up in the download section.

They also submitted the first CoPilot (Phase 1) app to the Apple app store.

I guess that Mixing Station will hit the store any day soon.

• February 6, 2020
    • cmittlesteadt
      JesseForney

I'm not seeing either of these, is it firmware 1.02?

• February 6, 2020
    • cmittlesteadt
      KevinMaxwell

@JesseForney wrote:

I'm not seeing either of these, is it firmware 1.02?

Yes

• February 6, 2020
    • cmittlesteadt
      earcondition Hmmm, where would i find it, if it´s already there?

Cheers, Klaus
      • February 7, 2020
  • McElviss
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-06

Hi, we use an Xr16 for our gigs that are mainly in pubs/bars. We have one vocal mic, one kick drum mic, one guitar DI and occasionally one or (very rarely) two overheads on the drums. The mixer feeds 2 x B115Ds and 2 x B1500XP subs. What's the best way to plug the FBQ2496 in for best effect to give us the most headroom on the vocal mic without affecting the guitar sound (obviously we WANT guitar feedback!)? Is it to put it across the MainLR, or just plug the vocal mic into one channel of the FBQ? Or do we need to start routing sends and returns via the AUX ports to just get the vocal channel going through the FBQ?

read more...
    0 201
    • McElviss
      RexBeckett

@McElviss 

The FBQ2496 has line-level inputs and outputs so you cannot connect the vocal mic directly to it. You will need to route the vocal mic to an Aux output, connect that to the FBQ input and take the output to a spare XR16 input.

You should disconnect the original mic channel from the Main LR mix - open the channel Main tab and click the LR button to turn it off (grey).

• February 5, 2020
    • McElviss
      McElviss

Thanks Rex. How is best to configure the spare channel the FBQ is plugged into? Switch all the EQ and stuff off and set the channel gain and fader accordingly? Or is it possible to route the input channel directly to MainLR bypassing any of the channel strip?

• February 5, 2020
    • McElviss
      RexBeckett

@McElviss wrote:

Thanks Rex. How is best to configure the spare channel the FBQ is plugged into? Switch all the EQ and stuff off and set the channel gain and fader accordingly? Or is it possible to route the input channel directly to MainLR bypassing any of the channel strip?

@McElviss 

Yes you could turn EQ and dynamics off on the FBQ return channel. You could use a pre-fader send from the original vocal channel to the Aux out so the channel fader is not used. Then the fader on the FBQ return channel becomes your vocal fader. If you reassign the channel inputs, you could have the FBQ return in the same channel position as the vocal mic input and place the vocal send channel in a less conspicuous position.

• February 6, 2020
    • McElviss
      McElviss

I imagine the FBQ output is a line level signal, so I wouldn't need an input with a preamp?

• February 6, 2020
  • wftlrd
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-06

post your feature requests here.

• din sync24 in
    • when in midi sync mode midi note in (and pitchbend) changes key of pattern
    • synthtool sequence editor; transpose, randomiser, brush tool, copy and paste notes, add accent with key+mouseclick
    read more...
    2 121
  • WITELITE
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-05

Mute Groups - Should have the option to stay either solid red or flash. In the old version (X32) they stayed solid red.  I also notice that renaming a mute group deletes any previous settings.

1 163
    • WITELITE
      Paul_Vannatto

@WITELITE wrote:

Mute Groups - Should have the option to stay either solid red or flash. In the old version (X32) they stayed solid red.  

Totally agree with you. I was the one who insisted that they give this option when they introduced it on the X32 (blinking lights are distracting to me).

I also notice that renaming a mute group deletes any previous settings.

I've already reported this. Actually what happens is when you rename a mute, it does not go through the channel strips and rename the appropriate tags. 

• February 5, 2020
    • WITELITE
      WITELITE

Another one since I figure you guys have some pull

on the WING SD Recorder, perhaps on option that switches to the alt input on playback. On the X32 it would automatically mute the channels and playback but now that there is more flexibility, I suspect many may define the alt channel as the playback channel for the channel recording. It would be nice if it switched to that upon playback and switched back when you stopped playing.(Unless there are better approached)

Thanks

• February 12, 2020
  • WITELITE
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-05

In the X32, theLive Multitrack recording would play back the 32 channels right back into the same channels.

I see how to assign sources to the Wing Live for Recording and I also see that using the ALT function you can assign the playback channels.

Is there anyway to Label the Playback Channels so that they show up on the scribble strips? If I copy the customization, it seems to overwrite the Main scribble strip. And is there a way to name the playback sources on the WING Live playback? It just shows CRD1 CRD2 etc and i cant figure how to rename them if possible?

read more...
    0 276
    • WITELITE
      Paul_Vannatto

@WITELITE wrote:

Is there anyway to Label the Playback Channels so that they show up on the scribble strips? 

If you mean to change the channel strips when switching from Main to Alt, the answer is no. Each channels have their own scribble strips (obvious). But each input sources and output assignments also have their own scribble strips. When you assign a source to a channel strip, you can copy the input source scribble strip info to the channel scribble strips by pressing the >>. But changing from Main to Alt, does not automatically change the channel's scribble strip (unfortunately). 

And is there a way to name the playback sources on the WING Live playback? 

Select the Routing and then the WLive section. Select an input, then Customize (right side).

• February 5, 2020
    • WITELITE
      WITELITE

Thanks guys. Relative to this, what are you all doing as a workaround for the mix down to 2 Track USB audio stick like existed on the x32 console. 

I guess you can use card b to do a two track recording of card a''s 32 track mix?

MM

• February 7, 2020
    • WITELITE
      Paul_Vannatto

@WITELITE wrote:

what are you all doing as a workaround for the mix down to 2 Track USB audio stick like existed on the x32 console. 

You can do the same on the Wing (I checked the console first)? In the Routing, select the Output (not Input), then Recorder and assign the Main 1 (or whatever you want to control the final mix) and record directly to the USB stick.

• February 7, 2020
    • WITELITE
      WITELITE

Interesting. I'll check that out. I didn't think that was working yet as hitting the view button doesn't bring up anything for the USB stick. And if that's the case how would you play it back from the board

• February 7, 2020
    • WITELITE
      Paul_Vannatto

@WITELITE wrote:

Interesting. I'll check that out. I didn't think that was working yet as hitting the view button doesn't bring up anything for the USB stick. And if that's the case how would you play it back from the board

Oops, sorry. It is working in the new firmware 1.02 which should be available shortly.

• February 7, 2020
Go to page