Behringer

Brand

Behringer

298,536 members
182,149 posts
  • Danilo1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

I still have problems finding out how the several keys are working on this machine.

Especially I can not figure out how to access the 2PPQ or 24 PPq and 48PPQ and select them to control the timing of my drum machine. It now seems to hang to the original settings I can control with the tempo knob and I can not change it like it should according the PPQ settings.

BTW is there a simple map avialable to which knobs settings/combinations are there for the functions available? (like writing tracks or the above mentioned)

It doesn't say anywhere in the manual and it would be very helpful as a reference when I use the TD-3 to make it control other devices and MIDI.

read more...
    0 70
  • Ydraig
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

I have a Behringer UMC22 Audio Interface, and I use an Acenix K11 combined Headphone and Microphone with it.

Using the Headphone Socket is fine to listen to music etc.

I want to be able to use the Microphone on the Acenix K11 to record my voice via the UMC22, onto my Apple Macintosh computer.

Can I use the Microphone on the Acenix K11 by plugging into the UMC22 Headphone socket? Or do I have to plug it into a different Input socket?

Which of the UMC22 Controls can I use for Microphone use?

read more...
    0 210
  • docz94
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

Hello

do you have alimentation for monitoring MS40

thks

0 83
  • JohnKlawikowski
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

Hello, I'd like to know how to make suggestions for future updates to the WING firmware?  I haven't searched too hard to find out how to this, but I do have a few ideas I'd like to offer up.  I'm aware that this may have been discussed in another forum so please pardon me if I'm re-asking a common question.

Thanks for the help!

John Klawikowski

read more...
    0 32
    • JohnKlawikowski
      Paul_Vannatto Hi John, the best way to make feature suggestions is to start a new thread (discussion). One of us will add them to the developers wishlist.
      • September 22, 2020
  • MattiaCarrara
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-22

Hello, 

I already wrote a post about this issue but I can't find it anymore. Anyway, I still have issues of compatibility with most of the USB drives I'm using. No issues on the X32 but on the Wing most of them are not working with the USB Player.

Please, this is becoming quite annoying.

Thanks

read more...
    0 101
    • MattiaCarrara
      Paul_Vannatto What are the issues? What drivers are you using? What OS are you using? The Wing USB drivers only access the USB signals out the back of the Wing, not the USB player. To access the USB player via USB, you will need to assign 2 (or 4) of the USB player channels to the USB Audio (outputs) in the Routing section.
      • September 22, 2020
    • MattiaCarrara
      MattiaCarrara Here is what I do: connect USB drive, add song (WAVE 2ch,16bit, 44.1kHz) to the list, press play, after a few seconds the LED near the USB connector starts blinking and the playback stops. The same file works on the X32 with the same drive. FW 1.08.
      • September 22, 2020
      • Issues with WING USB player
        Paul_Vannatto What firmware are you using on the Wing? The developers discovered a timing issue with one of the older firmware and was corrected with 1.08.
        • September 22, 2020
        MattiaCarrara I'm using 1.08.
        • September 22, 2020
    • MattiaCarrara
      MattiaCarrara btw I think there was a misunderstanding: I wrote drives but you read drivers.
      • September 22, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Yes I did misunderstand drives with drivers. That is because many of the issues posted here involve drivers.
        • September 22, 2020
    • MattiaCarrara
      GaryHiggins Don't know if its the problem (or makes a big difference) but the most current firmware is 1.08.1
      • September 22, 2020
        MattiaCarrara Yes... I saw that, let me try
        • ·
        • September 22, 2020
        MattiaCarrara Nope, no differences
        • ·
        • September 22, 2020
    • MattiaCarrara
      GaryHiggins Maybe you can identify the non working makes and sizes? If someone has any like them with good results (or bad) we can maybe solve this. I know with the x32 and m32 some drives will not work for firmware updates. Changing the usb drive made all the difference more than a few times that I recall.
      • September 22, 2020
        MattiaCarrara It's the recorder that can be set to 2 or 4 channel. Yes, same issue with all fw. I have also other drives with the same issue.
        • September 25, 2020
  • joscarrol
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

Hi! I just purchased a Behringer X32 Rack as a monitor mixer for our band. We are lots of musicians, so I was hoping we could use all XLR ouputs as well as the Aux Out outputs to have a custom mix for every one of us.

The documentation says that all 6 Aux Outs on the X32 rack are balanced TRS connections. However, when I plug some headphones (TRS connector) to any of this Aux Outs I would get sound ONLY ON THE LEFT EAR. Does that mean that this Aux Outs are not really balanced? If they really were balanced I would get sound on both ears, like I do when using the XLR Outs. What's going on here?

Thanks for your help!

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 3,537
    • joscarrol
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jose, you are mixing up balanced TRS configuration with stereo TRS configuration. The X32 Aux Out jacks are indeed balanced mono outputs (tip=hot+, ring=hot-, sleeve=shield). Headphones require stereo outputs (tip=left, ring=right, sleeve=shield). You will need to use a headphone amp (eg. Behringer P1) that receives 2 balanced inputs and converts it to stereo headphone output.
      • September 22, 2020
      • X32/M32 Aux Outs. Not balanced?!?!
        RexBeckett The question about the effect of anti-phase signals in headphones has come up before. I setup a system where I could switch the phase of one ear to hear the difference. It was very noticable. You may have got used to the sound but, to me, it is strange and lacks a sense of position.

Even if the sound is loud enough when driving headphones directly from the XLR outputs, IMO it is not a good thing to do. The XLR outputs are designed to drive loads >= 600 Ohms. If the load is a lower impedance than this, there is a chance that the output drivers could degrade in time due to excessive current and heat. YMMV but I find that the PowerPlay P2 gives a much better sound and the local volume control is very handy.
        • September 22, 2020
  • Dhreyne
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

So I just bought a UMC22 and I'm hearing some unwanted loud hiss noises from the mic channel 1 when I adjust the gain higher, Is this normal?? I just hate it coz I need to higher the gain because the instrument's volume is too low but it hisses when I adjust the gain high. It really sucks for me,  BTW I'm using my computer as the playback

read more...
    0 42
    • Dhreyne
      RexBeckett What make/model of microphone are you using? What instrument are you recording?
      • September 22, 2020
      • How do I eliminate unwanted hiss noises?
        Dhreyne I didn't plug any bro
        • September 22, 2020
        Dale_M I think it would be wise to check the unit on another PC/MAC to confirm if the issue stays with the unit
        • ·
        • September 22, 2020
        Dhreyne Alrght I'll try
        • September 22, 2020
    • Dhreyne
      Dale_M Hi Reyan, can you advise if the hiss is there with nothing plugged in and sounds the same when you turn the gain up?
      • September 22, 2020
        Dhreyne yeap, only at the Mic/line 1, I didn't plug anything but when I turn the gain up, it hisses like crazy...
        • September 22, 2020
  • masterlogic
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-09-22

Hola. ¿Alguien sabe cuándo estarán disponibles las tarjetas adat, madi, etc.? ¿Algún video en el que Wing se vea como un control remoto para Logic Pro?
    Gracias chicos.

read more...
    0 44
  • Well1811
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

Audio & Video doesn’t match. With the new Wing I purchased to run my church’s live streaming. Any ideals. The old mixer matched up well.

0 88
    • Well1811
      DaveMorrison Are you using an analog connection to your streaming device or are you using the Wing's USB port (or something else)? The Wing's latency is really low. Is the audio ahead or behind the video? What devices are you using besides the Wing?
      • September 21, 2020
    • Well1811
      Well1811 Hi Dave, I’m the pastor of the church, my son runs the media. I know the sound is before the video. I’m not sure about the camera and streaming unit. The old mixer was analog.
      • September 21, 2020
      • Audio & Video doesn’t match. With the new Wing I purchased to run my church’s streaming. Any ideals. The old mixer matched up well.
        DaveMorrison I agree with mjk. If the sound is early, it's an easy fix. The resolution on the delay is very fine so you can dial it in perfectly.
        • September 21, 2020
    • Well1811
      -mjk- You can add delay to the bus feeding the audio to your broadcasting software or hardware.
      • September 21, 2020
    • Well1811
      Well1811 Hey guys, thanks for the updates to my audio/video not syncing. I need more information on fixing this problem.
      • September 21, 2020
      • Audio & Video doesn’t match. With the new Wing I purchased to run my church’s streaming. Any ideals. The old mixer matched up well.
        KevinMaxwell We need more information.

What else was changed? Just putting a Wing in place of an analog mixer with nothing else in-between would not affect the audio and video sync enough to notice it. The propagation delay in a wing is less the 2ms and that isn’t noticeable in a video system. Unless you have some delay inserted somewhere in the signal chain to the streaming device.

But the delay in a video system is rather distracting. Have you ever noticed how much of a delay there is if you are watching live in the same room and they are projecting a camera shot of someone up on the stage to the screen.

What are you seeing and hearing that tells you it is off. The video delay is a lot worse than the delay in a digital mixer like the Wing. Even changing the monitor you are watching on can make a difference to you. Where are you noticing this difference? Is it after it has left for the internet or is it internal in your facility? What else has changed???
        • ·
        • September 22, 2020
    • Well1811
      Well1811 Subject: audio/video not syncing.
      We’re using a new wing
      We have a canon vixia camera, we’re using the black magic ultra studio mini recorder connecting through hdmi, thunderbolt goes into the Mac and I noticed that the audio is about 2 seconds ahead of the video in the preview window. We use wirecast to stream and I have 16gb ram. 1080p is too much for it, we can kind get by with 720p at 30 frames per second.
      • September 22, 2020
        KevinMaxwell What are you using as the output to feed the video? And where are you plugging the audio into the video system? Is all of this video equipment new, not just the Wing? If the audio is before the video you can just add delay to the Wing output to time align it.
        • ·
        • September 22, 2020
  • EmanuelMorales
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-21

There's any tutorials or help online how to step up Logic Pro X with the Wing my plan and idea is to record the music of my worship team I never done this before the set up from the beginning till the end 

0 57
    • EmanuelMorales
      KyleJohnson The first step is to connect the USB Interface port on your WING to a USB port on your computer. It is recommended to connect directly to a USB port on your computer, not a hub or adapter.

In the WING SETUP>AUDIO menu make sure the USB Interface setting is set to 48/48, unless you want to only record 2 tracks, in that case set it to 2/2.

Open the ROUTING menu, OUTPUT tab
      On the left side of the menu, open the USB Interface output page
      Press the Lock button to Unlock the outputs
      One by one, select the USB Output path you want to use, and then on the Right hand side of the menu select the signal you wish to record.
      If you want to record directly off of the preamp of your WING or AES50 connected stagebox, select from the LOCAL or AES50 menus. If you want to record the Post Processing output of a channel, you should use the USER SIGNAL routing instead. 
      After you have setup all of your desired USB Output paths, the routing on the WING is done

Open Logic and create enough new tracks to accommodate the amount of USB outputs  you set up on your WING. Assign the inputs of those tracks to correspond 1:1 to the available WING USB inputs that show up in your DAW.
      • September 21, 2020
      • Setting up DAW
        EmanuelMorales I guess the next step is to set up the the channels on the Logic Pro
        • September 22, 2020
      • Setting up DAW
        KyleJohnson If you're still having trouble, feel free to contact us via the Support link at the top of the page.
        • September 23, 2020
Go to page