Behringer

Brand

Behringer

254,194 members
131,853 posts
  • ssamedia
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-05

I have an AMP800 headphone amp trying to order original power supply can't find anyone ever have to replace before? If so was it a generic vs original?

0 109
  • rbwilliams
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-04

Hello.

When can I expect a full owner's manual, in addition to the available Quick Start manual?

There is obviously more functionality in the TD-3 that is not covered in the Quick Start.

Thanks.

4 156
    • rbwilliams
      Ersatzsignal

Hello everybody

I would like to agree with @rbwilliams  question for a complete user manual.

And please the TD-3 Operation section in the manual in German language.

Thank you

• February 29, 2020
    • rbwilliams
      JeffPorrello Please see post "Thorough Synthesizer User/Operator Manuals Please!!!"
      • Aug 14
  • Colin71
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-04

I somehow managed to create a loop between my bus master faders on the left side of my x32 and the buss' 1-12 on the right. In the scribble stip it now says top line of the bus master side it says Bus1 , Bus2, Bus3 and so on on each fader Mixbus1, Mixbus2, and so on on each fader and on the second line it. This is repeated on the Bus faders on the right side of the board. When this happened i got a warning flag on my display screen stating 

WARNING: Congratulations you have created a loop. 

How do i get rid of this loop? I have tried everything from using the sends on fader to looking in the library for anything unusual. I cannot crack this loop. Anyone have any ideas. 

I have submitted a ticket but no response from the technical siupport.

I also need to mention i have upgraded the fw to 4.01.

Colin

read more...
    0 194
    • Colin71
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Colin @Colin71 

Save your scene, then export it to a file (either using the Utility button on the console or X32-Edit on the computer) and attach it to your next post (Choose File below). That way we can have a look and find your loop.

• February 4, 2020
    • Colin71
      Colin71

I have tried to attach it as a file for you to open but for some reason it wont attach.

• February 4, 2020
    • Colin71
      Paul_Vannatto

@Colin71 wrote:

I have tried to attach it as a file for you to open but for some reason it wont attach.

Does the file have a .scn extension? If so, try and zip the file and attach that.

• February 4, 2020
    • Colin71
      Colin71

ok I think i figured it out..

X32_2020-02-04_18h39.zip
      • February 4, 2020
    • Colin71
      Paul_Vannatto

@Colin71 wrote:

ok I think i figured it out..

No that is your backup show file. Unfortunately there is no scene file as part of that show.

* Insert a USB stick into the USB port beside the console display

* Press the Scenes View button and select the Scenes tab on the display

* Save the scene to one of the slots (name it something)

* Select the Utility button

* Press the 6th encoder (Export) and save that scene to the USB stick

* Transfer the USB stick to your computer and attach it to your next post

• February 4, 2020
  • WITELITE
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-04

So getting my way around this unit and unlike the x32 which had Aux and FX Returns on one page, it looks like the only way to set up FX is to assign them to a Bus (Which is like the X32). If thats the case, how do you send FX to monitors which are also in the same bus page?

(Thanks Paul in advance

read more...
    0 385
    • WITELITE
      Paul_Vannatto

@WITELITE wrote:

it looks like the only way to set up FX is to assign them to a Bus (Which is like the X32).

That is correct - sort of. On the Wing, you will insert the FX to either insert 1 or 2 and control the return to the Main (1-4) using the bus fader, which is a bit different than on the X32.

If thats the case, how do you send FX to monitors which are also in the same bus page?

It took me awhile to figure that out too. The way to do that is to assign that bus (with the FX inserted) to a User Signal (In), then assign that User Signal to a channel strip. Make sure you turn off the sends to the Main (1-4) for that channel strip and only send to the monitor buses.

• February 4, 2020
    • WITELITE
      WITELITE

"It took me awhile to figure that out too. The way to do that is to assign that bus (with the FX inserted) to a User Signal (In), then assign that User Signal to a channel strip. Make sure you turn off the sends to the Main (1-4) for that channel strip and only send to the monitor buses."

Actually I don't think you need the User Signal for FX to Monitors. I assigned the Bus with the FX to an Aux and then just raised the level of that Aux in the Monitor. Does that make sense?

• February 6, 2020
    • WITELITE
      Paul_Vannatto

@WITELITE wrote:

Actually I don't think you need the User Signal for FX to Monitors. I assigned the Bus with the FX to an Aux and then just raised the level of that Aux in the Monitor. Does that make sense?

Yes that will work if you are only sending to one (or more) of the Main (1-4). If you want to send to a bus (ie to monitor mix) you can't send a bus to a bus, thus the need to use the User Signal routing.

• February 6, 2020
    • WITELITE
      WITELITE

Try it. It works for me. I turned off mains like you said.

• February 6, 2020
    • WITELITE
      GaryHiggins

@WITELITE @Paul_Vannatto Going on the assumption that this might work, you could then use all 8 aux ch's set up as fx 1L, fx 1R, fx 2L/2R etc etc sourced from buses 13-16 each with an fx inserted and use the aux ch's just ike we used to for the fx sends to buses on the x32 . I can see if I hit SOF for say bus 1, the auxes (now re sourced) behave like any other ch living in the left hand banks so I'm hopeful it does work. I'm in process of trying just that but setting the aux FX sends as the alt sources for aux 1-8 and leaving aux inputs as the main ch source-or maybe the other way around would be better, not sure. The problem for me is hearing a bus mix output at the moment to test it at all, I'm not well set up to do so. Maybe I'll set up an S16 as at least I can monitor the outputs with the headphone jack on it.

• February 7, 2020
  • Chris3
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-04

How the f do I talk to a person about my s16 dying 

0 86
    • Chris3
      Chris3

I have tried for 3 hours to get in touch with someone I have opened tickets I have waited 

• February 4, 2020
  • WITELITE
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-04

I've just gotten my WING and have been assigning Sources. I know that you can assign gain at the same time and I'm wondering if it is better to assign the gain at the Source level or the channel level. 

I figure the advantage of the input level is that when you assign to a channel it goes with the assignment.

But then there is also gain and input trim at the channel level.

Thoughts? and thanks!

MM

read more...
    0 176
    • WITELITE
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Michael @WITELITE 

Since the actual gain (and phantom) control is physically located at the preamp stage (at the XLR jacks themselves), both gain faders are remotely controlling the same thing. The new Wing workflow is to setup the inputs on the Routing screens (name, icon, color, gain, phantom, mode (mono, stereo, m/s), etc. Then the FOH engineer can simply select the inputs and assign to the desired channel strips (and transfer names, etc.). 

• February 4, 2020
    • WITELITE
      WITELITE

Thanks Paul. That makes sense. I get a little confused between the digital gain and the input trim. I'll go with the gain on the routing units which makes sense but perhaps a quick explanation of trim vs gain would be helpful to me (and maybe others)

• February 4, 2020
    • WITELITE
      Paul_Vannatto

@WITELITE wrote:

perhaps a quick explanation of trim vs gain would be helpful to me (and maybe others)

As I mentioned, the gain is a remote control of the preamp gain. When it is set, that is the gain for multiple channels, including on other consoles in the same eco-system. In other words, if you set the gain to 15 db and assign that input to both channels 5 and 18, the gain will be identical in both channel strips. Trim on the other hand is a digital trim that will be unique for each channel strip (and/or console).

• February 4, 2020
    • WITELITE
      WITELITE

@Paul_Vannatto Now that I've been working with the console awhile I'd like to dig a little deeper on this with you pros. I find the meters are at a very low level and the main at an even lower level which means low recording levels.

I've read ideal starting point for mixes is faders at unity gain and mine are more at -10. So here's the question. As this is more for a home studio setup (ie not moving) when I go to get levels and solo the channel where should they be for a good signal. Some of mine are as low as -24 soloed. And to get it to whatever the right level on the board is, I assume I would use input trim to get there? Which one colors the sound less (digital gain or input trim)? Thanks

• February 19, 2020
  • Mark-OFTW
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-04

Hello everyone. 
    I am new to live recording and I have just started using an XR18 air, and I have been looking for instruction or explanation of the options in the USB returns and sends.  
    I have searched online, but cannot find any tutorial videos or instruction to help me with the correct routing options. 
    would anyone be able the explain it, or link me to where I might find what I am looking for?

thanks in advance. 

read more...
    0 191
    • Mark-OFTW
      KenMitchell

Hi Mark ( @Mark-OFTW ), 

Welcome to the community.  What would you like to know?  The Sends/Returns are named after the tap points in the block diagram. The USB Returns are pretty much injected just after the Analog pre-amp stage at a point called "Input" and from that point goes through the remainder of the channel strip.  The USB Sends can be taken from various tap points in the channel path, depending upon whether you want to include dynamics and effects in the sent signal. 

https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=12._Block_Diagrams

Feel free to ask questions. 

Ken

• February 4, 2020
    • Mark-OFTW
      Mark-OFTW

@KenMitchell 

Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to adjust myself, and learn the new system.  And it is very new to me .  

Basiclly what i am after is a virgin signal input to Reaper, which is pre-effects, and that the main fader adjustment does not change on the Reaper input.

So my understanding of it now is, that if USB Sends for all 1-16 channels are set for Analog, as this is shown as Input on the block diagram, then it is the virgin signal that I require. 

I will try a set up to test it out.

• February 7, 2020
    • Mark-OFTW
      KenMitchell

Hi @Mark-OFTW , 

You are correct.  Analog is as close to virgin as you'll get.  It is just past the mic pre-amp so the only thing that affects the level going into Reaper is the pre-amp gain.  Some folks actually struggle with this since they set up their entire mix before checking to see if they have a good input level into their DAW.  Following best practices for gain straging will resolve this.  Speaking of gain staging, there was a great series of articles on gain staging written by Gordon Moore. https://www.worshipavl.com/details/53852-how-to-set-up-gain-structure-part-one

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• February 8, 2020
  • tarp21
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-04

Hey all. I'm trying to record my band in a live setting using reaper. Have all my in's and out's right both ways, etc. in reaper and xr18 for the most part. The problem is I keep getting wet recordings when I want dry recordings. I want a live wet sound along with some effects in my in ears, but dry recordings basically. I must not have something set up in the xr18 utility correct but I've tried every possible tap point and still get wet recordings. Anyone know how to accomplish this?!!? This is so confusing and frustrating! I think possibly Behringer could've made this easier or actually have documentation in place or videos addressing this issue. Please help! If you need anymore information than I provided please let me know. Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 131
    • tarp21
      KenMitchell

@tarp21 

Hi Terry, 

In the In/Out screen, make sure all your USB Sends are set to Analog. The fastest way to do this is to click on the Chn 1-18 preset button just above the matrix. 

If that doesn't do it, please save a scn file and post it here so we can have a look. Use Choose File in the lower-left when you reply. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• February 4, 2020
    • tarp21
      tarp21

Everything is set up like you say Ken but still recording effects. I have effects at FOH and In-ears AND also the recording. It will record dry if I turn off the effects naturally. I have the effects set post fader, don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I will experiment. This really sucks and is about unusable as it stands. Hope you can figure it out. Thanks. 

Band Reaper Recording Miller's Bar.scn
      • February 4, 2020
    • tarp21
      tarp21

Might have it figured out. I have to change the post fader effects to input. This gets me effects FOH and In-ears and a DRY RECORDING!!! This crap doesn't work like one would think and there's no clear cut answers on most of this crap. Anyway, think I got it. 

• February 4, 2020
  • joluk
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-04

Hey there,

I recently got my S16 and discovered today that I have a weir crackling sound on my headphones when using the phones output to monitor inputs.
    The crackling only apears on XLR Inputs on the S16. When I monitor an XLR Out the sound is clear and I have no problems.

The input signal on my console is also clear and has no crackling in it.

I hope somebody has a solution for that problem.

Thanks in advance,
    Lukas

read more...
    0 69
  • joluk
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-04

Hey Tribers,

does the big encoder wheel and the arrow keys next to that have a function at the moment?

I looked through all menus, effects, etc that I know and can't find a function that uses that keys.

0 110
    • joluk
      Paul_Vannatto

@joluk wrote:

Hey Tribers,

does the big encoder wheel and the arrow keys next to that have a function at the moment?

Currently the encoder wheel is limited to items assigned to the assignment buttons (such as FX control, etc.). More is planned for the wheel and keys, but not yet implemented.

• February 4, 2020
Go to page