Behringer

Brand

Behringer

241,389 members
117,657 posts
  • digitalfade
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-12

I wanted to post this link over on the Behringer tribe. Anyone have the QX1002USB that might have some advanced knowlege of the PAN on the the Stero inputs. 3/4 , 5/6, 7/8. Does it PAN the input or will it take both the L/R channels and PAN them to the MAIN MIX left side if you only have the LEFT SIDE of the MAIN connected.

read more...
    0 105
    • digitalfade
      RexBeckett

@digitalfade 

The stereo input Balance controls will not convert a stereo signal to mono. When set to centre, the left side of the input is sent to the left mix bus and the right side of the input is sent to the right mix bus. When turned fully clockwise, the right side of the input signal is boosted by 3dB and sent to the right mix bus and the left side input signal is cut off. The converse is true when the balance control is turned fully anticlockwise.

• November 12, 2019
  • DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-12

Thanks I.A.

0 89
    • DennisMilsom
      CraigFowler

Below the compressor threshold graph on the Windows app.  Failing that, select the channel, go to the Mains tab.

• November 12, 2019
  • DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-12

I am considering doing a lot of setup work for the XR16 at home in the studio on my PC (Windows 10)  - however I need to ask if anyone knows if these setups can actually be transferred to the controlling app on my iPhone (or indeed an Android - Galaxy 7") ....not much point if I cannot somehow get them transferred over.

Pity the XR has no way of saving scenes/setups to say a USB device that it can read and load from! Regardless of the controlling device.

read more...
    0 94
    • DennisMilsom
      RexBeckett

@DennisMilsom 

The tablet apps use different file formats to the PC ones so direct transfer is not possible.

What you can do is to save each of your configurations on the PC as a scene file. Then, when you have the XR16 available, load each scene and save it as a Snapshot. Snapshots are stored as internal files in the mixer. Most (if not all) apps can load snapshots - and it is almost instant. You could, if you wish, save the loaded snapshot as a local scene file using the tablet/phone app.

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@RexBeckettcool thx, although that somewhat confuses me hahaha! I have read elsewhere that the onyl thing stored to the XR is the latest setup, I was not aware it could save anything else (to the XR itself I mean).

I am still unclear as to the exact methodology here...So I create the setup on the PC, then when the PC is connected to the XR load that setup THEN save it as a scene...but where do I save the scene? Does that scene somehow get saved inside the XR?

So I assume if that is the case then either the iPhone or Android app can then select a scene at a gig and I can thenm tweak it live, as it were.

Sorry for the confusion at my end, it's all a bit new at the mo hahaha!

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      RexBeckett

@DennisMilsom wrote:

@RexBeckettcool thx, although that somewhat confuses me hahaha! I have read elsewhere that the onyl thing stored to the XR is the latest setup, I was not aware it could save anything else (to the XR itself I mean).

I am still unclear as to the exact methodology here...So I create the setup on the PC, then when the PC is connected to the XR load that setup THEN save it as a scene...but where do I save the scene? Does that scene somehow get saved inside the XR?

So I assume if that is the case then either the iPhone or Android app can then select a scene at a gig and I can thenm tweak it live, as it were.

Sorry for the confusion at my end, it's all a bit new at the mo hahaha!

@DennisMilsom 

All the XR and MR mixers can store upto 64 internal Snapshots. They are similar to scenes but, as they are stored in the mixer, they load almost instantly. They can also be loaded (and saved) by any connected app on a PC/tablet/phone. They are arranged in numbered slots 0-63 but can also have a name. When XAir Edit is connected to the mixer, the snapshot controls will appear under the top, right buttons.

Scenes and snapshots save almost all mixer configuration settings - apart from a few global things like network settings. Unlike snapshots, scenes are stored on the controlling device (PC/tablet/phone). So they can be saved and loaded by their apps even when not connected to the mixer. Each type of app stored scenes in a different format - sometimes in folders called Shows. So they are specific to the app that saved them.

You can have different controlling devices connected to the mixer at the same time. So if you load a scene using one app, the mixer takes on these settings. Then you can save the settings to a scene with a different app on another device and thus transfer the settings.

I save all my XR mixer settings as snapshots on the mixers. I also save copies of them as scenes on a PC and one or more Android tablets (running Mixing Station XAir Pro). This gives me the ability to load the snapshots using any control device and, as you say, make any adjustments and save the modified snapshot. If one of my mixers died, I could use the saved scenes on my PC or tablet to load on a replacement mixer and resave the snapshots. 

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@RexBeckettcooly cool! That is the way I will go too. That's exactly how I was envisaging using it!

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@RexBeckettis it also true that I can select any of these snapshots via MIDI?

• November 12, 2019
  • DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-12

So there is X32 FMP Remote; M32 FMP Remote; M Air FMP Remote; and Air Pro MX ??? Each is around $16 (Oz) so I need to make the right choice first up if possible haha!

Which one would be the best?

Thanks

0 93
    • DennisMilsom
      KenMitchell

Hi @DennisMilsom , 

In my opinion the best app out there is Mixing Station. In-app purchase for either XAir or X32 so it's one app that is highly configurable, actively in development, and very stable, even on the latest iOS.  

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@KenMitchellthanks but neither is available as an iphone app, that I cna find out here anyway!

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      KenMitchell

Hi @DennisMilsom , 

Where are you located? Are you saying you can't find Mixing Station" in your app store?   I didn't even know that was something to even have to deal with.  It may be a matter of the developer submitting something to Apple. If that's the case, we can open a ticket with him and ask him to submit the right requests. 

EDIT: Missed the Oz reference in your original post.  Not sure why it wouldn't be available there.  I'll submit a ticket to David to find out. 

Ken 

• November 12, 2019
  • PerHeldal
    Valued Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-12

Judging by rumors there may be something new on the block, but really? Why on earth remove downloads of current firmware/software before a replacement is out?  Even then, older versions should be archived and available to users who for some reason need/want them. Now X/M-Edit for remote control as well as current firmware is completely missing. No current releases, no old versions.

X/M-edit has also recently been tagged as a legacy-product meanwhile there is a beta of a new version in circulation. Again ... really?

The aliens running this company must be very confused 

read more...
    1 414
    • PerHeldal
      Vasco_Romijn

Yes I agree with you.

While we users can't change the downoad pages and put the files back, I and other users here are having versions saved (backuped) of the firmware and software. What are you looking for and maybe I or someone else can help you with that.

• November 11, 2019
    • PerHeldal
      PerHeldal

I have my own archives of firmware and software for all kinds of gear, so I'm expressing an opinion on behalf of users in general. What about those who pick up a new console today and need firmware and software for it? There are readme-files describing FW 3.09 and 3.11 of which 3.11 is tagged legacy. To a new user it looks like 3.09 is "current", but the firmware isn't there. Really???

• November 11, 2019
    • PerHeldal
      dietzer

Indeed.  The factory refurbished X32 I received for use at my church from the ebay-US Music Tribe Factory store arrived today.  The link they emailed me for product registration yields an "Error 502 - Bad Gateway", as do links from the Sweetwater How-to webpages for downloading the X32-edit software.  Both sources point to internal music-group.com webpages.  There are no firmware upgrades available (mine came with 3.08) and no X32-edit software available on the main Behringer support website. 

Quite honestly, I'm wondering if we just made a horrible mistake...

• November 12, 2019
    • PerHeldal
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Carl @dietzer ,

Welcome to the forum. The reason why you are getting that error is probably because the documentation they provided is quite old. The parent company of Behringer, Midas, Turbosound, etc. use to be called Music Group. That got changed to Music Tribe and their sites is now music-tribe.com. To register the X32, you can do that here

The firmware upgrades etc. have been pulled (for reasons unknown) prior to the release of the new firmware (4.0 - to be released very soon) along with the respective apps. If you need any of the current files before 4.0 release, one of us can provide them. But I would highly recommend upgrading to the 4.0 when it is released. It has many feature (long requested) as well as the DP48 support. 

I can assure you that you did not make a mistake in getting the X32.

• November 12, 2019
    • PerHeldal
      dietzer

Thanks, Paul, for the quick and informative reply.  It's good to know that we have not made a mistake. 

I'm guessing no one outside of Behringer knows when the 4.0 firmware and/or X32-edit will be released.  So if someone could provide copies of the 3.11 firmware and the 3.2 X32-edit while we wait, I'd be extremely grateful.

Many thanks! 

• November 12, 2019
  • MrLupin
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-11

Hi All,

Is it possible to use the Berhinger MX882 to run 5.1 surround sound through a couple amplifiers and then to the 6 speakers (including 1 sub)? To do this would I need a 5.1 receiver of some sort or might a switch such as this work: Decoder Back.jpg 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 94
  • DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-11

I have an XR-16 and I am trying to setup a secure WEP. I have followed all instructions I have found to create a password protected WEP for this, power cycled several times, initialised to factory settings and re-done the whole process five times. It STILL refuses to be accessible via password!

And I have used the hard reset button on the XR prior to each attempt to set this.

Using the laptop over WI-FI and under the available networks it only shows the XR as an open network, when I click on it to connect it does not ask for any password even though this has been set in the PC Editing app setup page.

Can anyone advise exactly how you do setup a secure WEP?

Oh and even via Ethernet (with the switch in the correct position) all I get is an "unidentified network) in windows 10

Thanks

And please, at this stage, no comments re using a separate router! I'll cross that bridge when I get basic functionality!

read more...
    0 527
    • DennisMilsom
      RexBeckett

@DennisMilsom 

The procedure is this:

Connect your PC to the XR's access point. Open XAir-Edit and connect to the XR. Open the Setup -> AP tab. Click the WEP button. Enter the required password in the KEY field. Click APPLY. Exit X-Air Edit. 

Move the XR's network switch to Ethernet and wait ten seconds. Move the switch back to Access Point. You should now be able to connect your PC to the XR's WEP-secured access point. Restart X-Air Edit and connect to the XR.

• November 11, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

thanks for the reply!

At this stage nothing works! I cannot even change the LAN to DHCP it seems to want to stay "fixed" on Static...so All I can do at this stage is connect via open wi-fi using the inbuilt router as nothing and I mean NOTHING else works, or even hints at working.

And the whole secured thing, nah it just does not seem to "take" - I'll give it one more go and I'll follow to the letter what you wrote!

• November 11, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

Brilliant! thanks - I was sure I was doing those steps, but I obviously was missing something. Mebbe not waiting long enough on the delay to go back to AP!

Now to try and sort the LAN and external router issues - although as it now has a 13 digit password, would I really need to worry about an external router?

• November 11, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      RexBeckett

@DennisMilsom wrote:

Brilliant! thanks - I was sure I was doing those steps, but I obviously was missing something. Mebbe not waiting long enough on the delay to go back to AP!

Now to try and sort the LAN and external router issues - although as it now has a 13 digit password, would I really need to worry about an external router?

@DennisMilsom 

I'm happy to hear that you are making progress.

The internal access point is OK for use at home but I recommend that you use an external router for gigs. The internal access point does not cope well in the presence of many smartphones hunting for connections to the internet. It also works only on the 2.4GHz Wifi band which is very congested.

I recommend getting a dual-band router that supports 802.11ac 5GHz Wifi standard, has multiple external antennas and two or more network sockets. The 5GHz Wifi band is less congested and more resistant to interference. Having multiple sockets on the router allows for a local wired connection to a PC or Tablet in case of Wifi problems. High speed is not essential - an AC750, AC1000 or AC1200 router would be fine.

• November 11, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@RexBeckettThanks - I am having issues getting even my existing spare (2.4) router working over the LAN. It is at the moment unsecured and open, but I cannot log in to the settings (to set a password) without it needing a live internet connection! And futher, even with it at open security, the XR refuses to see the LAN connection. I tried the longer wait time before flicking back to LAN as well! So the way I am thinking is that at least the internal has some sort of protection and that if the external has no protection then it is not better at all really??

As for smartphones searching, I read that most of these actually ignore secured networks when doing their searching? And if that holds true, then the internal would not get as hammered by "search and connect" requests??

Please keep in mind I am not trying to disagree at all, just trying to wrap my head the varying opinions on a technology (in live stage work) that is very new to me.

• November 12, 2019
  • jayhay
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-11

Hi, I know how you can set it through the software but is there a way to set on the synth itself?

Many thanks!

0 112
  • weenhillage
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-10

The HOLD function will no longer work for me as of today.  It used to work!!  Now it won't sustain anything whether I use my sustain pedal or just press the button!  I have firmware 1.1.2

anyone know how to fix this?  

read more...
    0 84
    • weenhillage
      RonaldFigura

Are you talking about the arpeggiator HOLD function? 

• January 1, 2020
    • weenhillage
      RonaldFigura

HOLD - When you press and hold the TAP/HOLD switch for more than 1 second, the switch is illuminated and HOLD mode is active. In this mode when you press any key it will be held on and the ARPEGGIATOR will continue playing.

• January 1, 2020
  • Caught exception: Specified column "user_id" is not in the row
Go to page