Behringer

Brand

Behringer

294,537 members
177,642 posts
  • scottgius
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-29

I have to restart my PC periodically or I get very bad crackling noise from my FCA1616. I am using Cubase 10.5  with Vienna Studio on Windows PC with very robust PC resources and this happens after I have had the PC running for even 1 day. Real pain because I sometimes use Vienna Studio instances with a log of channels running. 

However, I have also tried same general configuration with very limited set of channels and not much load on Cubase sound engine at all, and same results.

Very frustrating, I fell like I'm ready to dump the interface as i haven't found any suggestions about a fix anywhere.

read more...
    0 120
    • scottgius
      JasonB81 Hello - It sounds like it may need repair. You would need to make a support ticket on community to work out repair details. Thank you - Look forward to getting you back on track with your unit.
      • September 1, 2020
    • scottgius
      scottgius Thanks for taking the time to comment Jason. I have continued to look for solutions and one note somewhere in a chat group referred to possibility of bad cables. I unplugged my Firewire cable from the back of the FCA1616, replugged it in without cycling power on anything, and voila. It went away. I'm thinking some kind of capacitance or other interference with the signal is building up. For now, if i just have to do that I'll be ok with it. Previous to this I'd been having to shut down Cubase and VSL and restart everything, but maybe it's just this simple. I'm getting a new Firewire cable also. Again, i appreciate you taking the time to comment.
      • September 1, 2020
    • scottgius
      JasonB81 Please let me know if the new cable makes a difference in the connection
      • September 1, 2020
  • RG373505
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-29

When using asio4all with ableton live & my UMC204HD interface, when buffer size is lower than 2048 the audio cracles and distorts. Please help

0 52
    • RG373505
      PedroRodrigues Hi RG373505 Please be aware that the driver that you should install is the UMC Driver 4.59.0 (for Windows 7 to 10). for that please follow the link below to download the driver https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0BK0 Please also confirm if your unit is connected directly to your computer via USB 2.0, so no USB HUBB. Please confirm if the sample rate assigned on your DAW is effective the same configured on your unit. Please set up your buffer size to 512 samples and please test again.
      • August 31, 2020
    • RG373505
      Katana100 Hello, I have been using the WAVE out as my audio system under device settings in Reaper. I have had some latency issues. Could you please advise if I am using the best settings. Everything else works well, just the latency issue
      • April 13, 2021
  • larry75
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-29

hi! i just bought a u-phoria um2 can anyone please give me the link of the driver to install for ASIO

0 79
  • Tomstudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-29

dobry den , koupil jsem si zvukovou kartu um2 a nevim jak ji naistalovat do pc , pomužete mi ?

0 29
  • lhpcaitav
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-29

Hello All -

I am trying to use our Behringer XR18 USB output to stream a worship service.  We had the configuration working a couple of months ago.  Somehow, the mixer was reconfigured and now the USB feed out is not working.

I have updated the XR18 to the latest firmware.  I have also reset the configuration of the XR18 to factory baseline.  I have feed coming out of the mains.  I have tried two different computers.  Both computers recognize the XR18, but neither is receiving any USB audio in from the XR18.

I am still not able to figure out how to configure the XR18 correctly for the USB output.  Some questions:

For this configuration for basic USB audio out configuration:

-  What normally needs to be enabled?  Is USB out enabled or disabled by default?

-  How can I view the configuration of the USB out channels?

-  What are the correct settings for DIN Rx, DIN Tx, DIN X-OSC, USB Rx, USB Tx, USB/OSC and USB-DIN PassThru?

Other things I have tried:

-  I also tried working with our reseller.
    -  Locating Music Tribe/Behringer technical support hotline.  (Guess this does not exist?)
    -  Submitting a Music Tribe care ticket (CAS-131953-Q6C0F8).

Our group has been trying to get this going for weeks.  Anything anyone in this community can offer to help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!

read more...
    0 3,612
    • lhpcaitav
      DaveMorrison After you reset the XR-18, USB 1-2 will output the signals from preamps 1 & 2. I doubt that is what you want.
      Go to the "IN/OUT" menu : "USB Sends" and choose L and R for USB 1 & 2 respectively. Most software will use USB 1-2 as the digital inputs.
      • August 28, 2020
    • lhpcaitav
      GaryHiggins In addition to what Dave said, regarding your 3 questions:

1. Normally you don’t want usb selected for any ch. That usb option is for playing back (incoming) recorded daw tracks.. Leave them all as analog, not usb.

2. USB out settings are set from In/Out menu, select USB Sends.

3. I guess you could say none of those checked is the correct setting (default) These are for Mdi/OSC in/out and should not be an issue for you unless you specifically need them to send or receive from a midi device.

You need to be primarily concerned with the In/Out/USB sends page. If you are mixing all the XR ch’s but only want them streamed as a stereo post fader mix, you need to set 2 of the usb sends, one to Main L and the other to Main R. Select post fader from the tap choices. Whichever 2 ch’s you choose to do this, should now be output to the proper daw ch’s. Setting ch’s 1 and 2 for this might be the easiest. I’ll try and attach an example.
      • August 29, 2020
    • lhpcaitav
      GaryHiggins usb sends page (from the Edit program) using ch 1 and 2 for post fader main L/R
      • August 29, 2020
    • lhpcaitav
      lhpcaitav Thanks Dave and Gary. I will try this on our XR18 soonest.
      • August 29, 2020
  • kariveiga
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-29

Hi! I bought the Behringer Tube Ultragain Mic500 USB and i cant find the necessary drivers to install, i looked them up in the support section, as it's said in the instructions, but i just cant find them, i need someone to please send me the links to install the drivers. Thank you!

read more...
    0 117
    • kariveiga
      RexBeckett The MIC500USB is class-compliant and does not require special drivers. On Windows 10, you can optionally install ASIO4ALL to reduce latency for DAW software that supports ASIO. That is available from: http://www.asio4all.org
      • August 29, 2020
  • Jpdunlop47
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-28

Hi,bought the UM2 today. Using it with ASIO4ALL and Bias FX 2. It seems when I have it plugged in, and I play backing tracks (Youtube/spotify/ultimate guitar) the noise that comes out isn't right. It sounds liked the hgh end of the track has been clipped. Can anyone shed any light on how I can fix this?

Cheers,

James

read more...
    0 57
    • Jpdunlop47
      PedroRodrigues Hi James Dunlop can you please confirm that the sample rate set up on the unit is the same present on the files, please confirm the cab;es that you are using are all in good conditions and the unit is connected directly to your computer via USB 2.0 as USB are not advisable. If you require a more detail assistance on this matter please follow the link below to submit an assistance case via MUSIC TRIBE COMMUNITY https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket
      • August 31, 2020
  • rd3d2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-28

Couple of questions for anyone here who might know:
    1. Can I add an Extender to the X-Touch One?

2. Can I add an X-Touch Compact to the X-Touch One?

Do these two scenarios make sense given my starting point is an X-Touch one (and it looks as though I can get a compact for less than the cost of an extender although appreciate that I would lose the Scribble LCDs it looks like I would gain in additional controller knobs on the Compact?)

Thanks!

read more...
    0 78
    • rd3d2
      PedroRodrigues Hi rd3d2 Please the X-TOUCH EXTENDER is designed as an extension of X-TOUCH, no other model.

The X-TOUCH ONE is designed to be used alone (in a small setup studio but actually can be used it with Extenders, you just need to set the XT1 with a channel offset of 8 in your DAW.
      • September 2, 2020
  • LittleSharkStudios
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-28

Hello all and thanks for this wonderful product that is X-Touch !

Can you guys add OSC control protocol or AVB network capabilities in the next firmware update (1.6 I guess) of the X-Touch controller so I can control my MOTU Pro Audio interface with my X-Touch ?

Thank you very much !

read more...
    0 95
  • RodSimon
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-28

Can you configure any of the stage boxes to have one of the inputs feed multiple outputs without any digital mixers?

Why? currently have a analog output that i need to send to a 6-8 port press box and at the same time keeping options open to add a digital mixer in the future.

read more...
    0 54
    • RodSimon
      john0121 Hi Rod, you would need a console to be able to set up this routing on the S16.
      • August 28, 2020
      • S16 used as a press box
        RodSimon i would like to use it without a digital console
        • August 28, 2020
    • RodSimon
      CraigFowler No. You can get one input to one output without a console, but not 1 input to many outputs without a console. You'd need the S16+X32Core as a minimum, or just get an X32 Rack. It can act as a stragebox in a wider ecosystem if it has to.
      Actually, on an S16\DL16 you could get one input to 1x XLR out + dual-mono phones out, giving you 3 analogue outputs (+ some digital) if you really wanted, without using a console.
      • August 28, 2020
      • S16 used as a press box
        GaryHiggins I think you would need additional equipment to get any xlr outs with a single S/DL16. That using the adat out port and an ada8200. It would need to be in sn master and splitter mode. Only way to get local inputs out is via Adat. Otherwise to use aes50 you would need 2 of them in stand alone configuration and with ada8200’s. Maybe you could stretch 3 xlr outs from 1 input but you would need the 2 stageboxes and ada8200’s and perhaps more...like something p16 related. At least no digital mixer :-)
        • August 28, 2020
Go to page