Brand

Behringer

254,240 members
131,906 posts
  • joluk
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-04

Hey there,

I recently got my S16 and discovered today that I have a weir crackling sound on my headphones when using the phones output to monitor inputs.
    The crackling only apears on XLR Inputs on the S16. When I monitor an XLR Out the sound is clear and I have no problems.

The input signal on my console is also clear and has no crackling in it.

I hope somebody has a solution for that problem.

Thanks in advance,
    Lukas

read more...
    0 69
  • joluk
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-04

Hey Tribers,

does the big encoder wheel and the arrow keys next to that have a function at the moment?

I looked through all menus, effects, etc that I know and can't find a function that uses that keys.

0 110
    • joluk
      Paul_Vannatto

@joluk wrote:

Hey Tribers,

does the big encoder wheel and the arrow keys next to that have a function at the moment?

Currently the encoder wheel is limited to items assigned to the assignment buttons (such as FX control, etc.). More is planned for the wheel and keys, but not yet implemented.

• February 4, 2020
  • obedabiu
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-04

This past Sunday the Screean from our X32 Compact when Blackout during the service. Does any have one have this experience? If yes, How can be fix? Please advise 

0 72
  • GaryHiggins
    Superhero - Level 1
    2020-02-04

What does the "main bus link" on and off do in the wing set up section? If it can link bus faders (or main faders) I cant see where or how it does so or an option to choose which ch faders to link....I'm hoping for an option in there similar to "M/C depends on Main L/R" on the X32. If it does something else, what is it- not enabled in the firmware?

read more...
    0 265
    • GaryHiggins
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey Gary @GaryHiggins , I'm not exactly sure how that feature works (if it does work). In the meantime, you can get the same results of the M/C follows Main LR using a DCA. Just tag the FOH Main and the sub Main (or bus) with a DCA tag, then assign that DCA to a channel strip.

• February 3, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      Roblof

@GaryHiggins , linking will link main2-4 to main1. Just like m/c on the x32. There is currently no way to select fewer members to link.

• February 6, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      GaryHiggins

@Roblof So does it work yet? The physical faders don’t link/move or is it virtual? I will be at the mixer later today 

• February 6, 2020
  • poneymagik
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-04

Hey, my RD-8 freezes at random times, when it happens i have to restart to unit, is there anyway to fix that or should i send my unit back ?

Thanks

3 143
    • poneymagik
      tomorohhidari

Hi,

same here. Got this last week. Updated to new firmware but it keeps happening.

Any updates on this? Any chance this could be looked into and fixed in a firmware update?

Ta!

• May 6, 2020
    • poneymagik
      alonsorondon

Same happens to me....
      it could be at any time, can we fix this? because it is imposible to work with this issue.

• June 9, 2020
    • poneymagik
      michaelgorbache This is a ridiculous issue and makes me want to sell the unit because the intended purpose is unusable especially when you are using USB to clock sync the unit... I have been asking about this issue also since May, I am not sure if they are faulty units or all are defected. I am trying to get the unit replaced, but Behringer so far has been unresponsive to this serious issue.
      • August 24, 2020
  • jsin
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-03

Using a new Behringer X-Touch Compact. Issue is the encoder knobs take two full wrist twists to go from 0-127 meaning I have to twist a knob twice to pan from left to right. If we grab a knob to sweep a filter or pan from left to right it's impossible to do it smoothly due ot having to twist the knob twice. It's basically taking twice the time to scan values from 0-127. Is anyone else having this issue? Sweetwater said their other units behave the same way. I cannot imagine an audio engineer putting up with this. Anyone know what's up? How do I make the knob behave normally (meaning a twist from 7 oclock to 5 oclock) ? Hoping to hang onto it. Need insight...  

read more...
    0 109
    • jsin
      KenMitchell

Hi Jason ( @jsin ), 

Welcome to the community.  Are you using it with a mixer or with a DAW?  If a DAW, what DAW are you using?  Depending on the DAW, you may be able to increase your step size for the encoders. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• February 3, 2020
    • jsin
      jsin

Hey KenMitchell , 

I'm using with Abelton Live. I tried both MC & Hui mode. Tech support @ Sweetwater said they were experiencing the same issue. I spent two nights trying to find a solution. I've looked up scripts etc. but have never made or edited a custom controller script. Seems like an whole other can of worms. Are you aware of a way to make it work? Many thanks...  

• February 3, 2020
  • hollywood
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-03

I know this topic has come up many times in these forums, and I apologize that I'm bringing it up again....but, i can't seem to find a valid answer anywhere.

I'm desperate to find a way to control the Tap Tempo feature of the Stereo Delay with a MIDI controller, so I bought the Mastermind GT; thinking that it is capable of anything.

With that being said, I'm completely in the dark about how to program sysex OSC to control the Tap Tempo; I've read it's possible.   Can anyone help shed some light? Please?

read more...
    0 73
  • capitalvice
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-03

Hello guys,

I put some work into a RD-78 concept design that took me some days. I never owned the original one so there could be some flaws. I hope yall like it and it will reach Behringer.

I'm also down for some feedback!

Regards,

capitalvice 

PS: Behringer, if you want this as PDF and/or the 3D model, hit me up!  @UliBehringer 

EDIT: Just realized I missed some instrument volume knobs... Theres some space left in the middle area. Maybe you could add some more there.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-03 um 22.31.59.pngimage2.jpgimage3.jpgBildschirmfoto 2020-02-03 um 22.32.23.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-02-03 um 22.32.47.png

read more...
    0 327
  • callahanryan
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-03

Does anyone know if the WING supports SD cards over 32 GB? I know in the knowledgebase videos released a few days he mentions they recommend class 10 32GB SD cards, but when it shows a clip of the recording function you can see he was using a 64 GB card. I tried using an SD-XC 64GB card the other day and it didn't seem to recognize it as the record button wouldn't enable. Not sure if it ONLY supports SD-HC cards, which would be unfortunate as that's an older format and can't even hold an hour and a half recording from one of our services, or if I was doing something wrong.

read more...
    0 231
    • callahanryan
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Ryan @callahanryan 

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried formatting the SD card with the Wing's formatting procedure (select the card icon, then the gear icon)? Some have reported here using 128Gb SD with success.

• February 3, 2020
    • callahanryan
      callahanryan

Thanks! And yes I did format them to no avail. For reference I was trying to use the Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC cards. And they were 64 GB. 

• February 3, 2020
    • callahanryan
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey @callahanryan , check the SD card that the lock is not on.

• February 3, 2020
    • callahanryan
      callahanryan

Got it figured out! Turns out the default format for HDXC cards is ExFat (which the board does not read). Evidently the WING does not re-format an ExFat card into FAT32, it only formats in terms of clearing the space I guess? So I formatted to FAT32 in a computer and now the board recognizes the 64 GB cards! 

• February 3, 2020
  • josoal
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-03

Hi.
    It would be very useful to have an input signal indicator in the routing section and in the source selection.
    Greetings.

2020-02-03_15h50_05.png

read more...
    0 119
    • josoal
      Paul_Vannatto

@josoal wrote:

Hi.
      It would be very useful to have an input signal indicator in the routing section and in the source selection.

Each input in the Routing section has a VU meter. The correct workflow in the Wing is to first establish the inputs there (labeling them, etc.). Then when you go to assign these inputs to the desired channel strip, it is easy to choose the correct inputs.

• February 2, 2020
Go to page