Behringer

Brand

Behringer

234,455 members
110,144 posts
  • marosell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-23

My bassist has a new bass cabinet with a Hartke 3500 head on it, so now I can output the sound to my XR18. I can also output from "Effect"-out on the head to the XR18 and return the signal back to the head before outputing from the cabinet. 

I'd like to figure out a way, if possible, so that I can use an XR18 channel fader on the master fader panel to control the sound in the bass cabinet. I think I can bring the signal in on a channel and output it from an Aux with a xlr-to-trs plug back to the head, but then I'll have to control the volume using a fader on one of the busses. Is there a way to route the IN/OUT so that the master channel fader control the volume?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 110
    • marosell
      RexBeckett

@marosell 

Hi Mike, you don't need to use a bus. You can drive an Aux output from a channel post fader. For example, the following would drive Aux6 from Channel 10 post-fader:

XR18 Aux.PNGIf you don't want the bass channel in the main mix, remove it on its Main tab by clicking on the LR button:

XR18 LR.PNG

• August 22, 2019
  • marosell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-23

I'd like to try to side chain filter compression on my lead guitar based on the vocal channel. That way his sound doesn't have to be faded in and out when we gig live and the vocalist stays forefront when signing. The problem we're having is that the guitarist understandably doesn't like his own signal being cut out from his monitor mix when he's playing; it's distracting for one, but he also needs his volume set where he can hear what he's playing. Is there a way to make sure the side chain compression is only being filtered on the Main L/R and NOT out of the monitor mix?

FYI, the monitor buses are being sent signal "Post-EQ" which I thought was pre-compression anyways, but I guess not pre-side-chain-compression?

read more...
    0 127
    • marosell
      RexBeckett

@marosell 

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

If you use the Post EQ signal tap for the guitar channel send to the monitor bus, it will not be affected by the channel compressor. See the block diagram to understand how the signal taps are arranged in the channel processing path.

XR18 Sends.PNG

• August 23, 2019
    • marosell
      marosell

Thanks Rex. The Post-EQ tap is being used, but for some reason my guitarist swears he can hear his signal drop in his monitor.

• August 23, 2019
  • marosell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-23

Long time lurker first time poster! I'm gigging with my band live tonight and it's the first time we're using the bass player's cabinet. The head on his cabinet is the Hartke 3500. Previous equipment did not have the ability to send/return signal to a mixing board, but now we do.

My question: If I bring the signal from the head into the XR18 on a channel (say, channel 2) from the effects send, then return the signal via Aux 2 to the head's return (xlr to trs adapter?), can the cabinet's volume be controlled via the XR18? I assume this would be very similar to using Bus2/Aux2 as a personal monitor, and only playing Channel 2 from this "monitor".

Further: If so, I see that I can route the IN/OUT such that Aux2 is soley in receipt of Channel 2 instead of Bus 2. If I do this, can I control the volume going to the bass cabinet with the Channel 2 fader on the Master Fader Panel and not have to open the bus panel? Is there any other way to route signal such that the bass cabinet can be controlled from the Master Fader Panel?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 62
  • musictalks
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-08-23

I've a problem with my X32. The power shut down and now only the buttons on the right of the monit light (but are dim). Out of warranty, so cracked it open and have the following voltages from the PSU (main connector, 13pin)

1) 47v, 2) 15.14v, 3) 6.67v, 4) 15v, 5) 0v, 6) 8.25v, 7) 3.3v, 8) 5.0v, 9) 5.0v, 10) 5.0v, 11) 0v, 12) 0v, 13) 0v

235.2 v ac coming in through the back.

Can anyone confirm if these are correct or not?

Cheers from Australia

read more...
    0 153
  • doubleJ
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-22

Maybe the X32's solo function doesn't work this way, but I'm used to Yamaha's Cue function.
    With that, it only outputs the cued channel.
    The X32 outputs all channels, but quieter.
    Is there a way to only output the solo'd channel to headphones?
    I didn't see an option that worked that way.
    Thanks...
    JJ

read more...
    0 128
    • doubleJ
      DaveMorrison

Hi @doubleJ 

The default solo action will route the solo-ed channel(s) to the headphones/monitor outs.Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 12.03.09 AM.pngThis screen shot shows the default settings:

• August 22, 2019
    • doubleJ
      doubleJ

@DaveMorrison wrote:

Hi @doubleJ 

The default solo action will route the solo-ed channel(s) to the headphones/monitor outs.Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 12.03.09 AM.pngThis screen shot shows the default settings:

The problem was that I was doing a virtual soundcheck and I had the master bus going out the same outputs as my kick and snare.
      Whenever I tried to solo, I used kick as it was the first channel.
      When it didn't work, as I intended, I didn't try other channels.
      I feel like a goob.
      Hehehe...
      Thanks for the assistance, even though it was just me being a moron.
      JJ

• August 23, 2019
  • EllisLampman
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-08-22

How do I get the effects to go down with channel slider as it does with main LR? I drop the volume on a vocal channel in a monitor buss and I hear all of the wet signal. 

Thanks

E

0 147
    • EllisLampman
      Paul_Vannatto

@EllisLampman wrote:

How do I get the effects to go down with channel slider as it does with main LR? I drop the volume on a vocal channel in a monitor buss and I hear all of the wet signal. 

That is because the channel sends taps (post fader) to the buses feeding the FX (typically buses 13-16) are related to the channel strip faders, not the individual channel sends faders to the other buses that feed your monitors. Therefore the resulting wet mix returned is a result of the processing of those channel strip fader levels.

• August 22, 2019
  • ron-e-g
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-22

I can't get the sound driver for my Uphoria 404 to share with two programs at once! It won't for example work with my Line6 PODFarm  guitar sim and Guitar Tonemaster.com site so I can jam along with their jam songs. Too if I have Lets say EZ drums2 open the guitar site or any other site such as youtube won't play any audio. Soon as I close the PODFarm or ezd2 They will play again! Any help greatly appreciated.

Ron

read more...
    0 240
    • ron-e-g
      KenMitchell

Hi Ron ( @ron-e-g ), 

This has been an ongoing issue for some time now.  Assuming you are on Windows since I've never had a problem on Mac?   This is caused by bitrate conflicts between the two programs.   

I've had some success in Windows by doing the following to match the bitrate: 

1. Start with no programs running. 

2. Open the UMC Control Panel and go to the "Status" tab. 

3. Note the "Current Sample Rate".  This is reporting what the interface is currently set to. 

4. Open up Guitar Tonemaster.com and start to play a backing track. 

5. Make note of what the current sample rate is in the UMC control panel. It may have changed. 

6. In your DAW, create a project with the same sample rate and add your guitar sim to an instrument track. 

7. Both should work now. 

YouTube is a little trickier since each file you play may have a different sample rate.  You either have to do the same steps above for each file or your can use another trick.  What I do is use a tool called Audio Hijack (Mac) to save the audio to a .WAV file and then I add that to my DAW project along with whatever plugin I want to use.  I'm sure there are similar programs for Windows to capture audio from another program. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• August 22, 2019
    • ron-e-g
      ron-e-g

I'm not sure we are tracking the same Ken. Thanks for your response. My problem here doe not involve any of my DAWs.  Stand alone  only.  I like to jam along to different jam songs without opening any of my DAWs.  I have two.

Interesting enough..This problem doe not exist with my stand alone Guitar Rig 5. But soon as I try to play through POD farm,  the  Guitar Tone.com site sound stops , and all I get is the perpetual circuling  arrow! Also If I try to open any other of my  stand alone audio programs like EZ drum, EZ keys , SampleTank or AmpliTube. It imidetaly stops audio in the playing track in the guitar tone site, or touTube site ,or what ever might be playing. I should mention here, I had problems..a lot when I upgraded to Win.10 back when. I thought they were resolved. So I don't know if this is a Windows thing or Behringer, or what. Once this event happens..I have to re-boot the CPU to get the player working again.

• August 22, 2019
    • ron-e-g
      ron-e-g

OK..Think I figured it out. I had to go to..Control Panel>Sound>line out 1-2 click on that then choose advanced Tab , and select from the drop-down list the same sample rate as the other programs seem to be using 24bit 44100Hz instead of 48000 Hz.  All playing well together again!

• August 22, 2019
    • ron-e-g
      KenMitchell

Hi @ron-e-g ,

Glad to hear you got it working but... that will only work until some random SOB comes by and sets the bitrate back to 48000.  Just so you are aware. 

Usually, the standalone versions of things like Guitar Rig are just .exe wrappers for the plugins so there's usually a place where you can change the birate for those as well. Similar to what I described when starting a new project in your DAW. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• August 22, 2019
  • JohnGaia
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-22

I bought an XR18 two weeks ago and set my first gig with no problem, all the preamps were working fine but last week I noticed that I had to push up the Mic Gain to +60 on my Talk Back channel to get a good input level (the meter shows green almost yellow)  So I turned off the mixer and power it up again and just for few seconds the preamp worked well before going low again. I have changed the xlr cable, mic and it doesnt change

read more...
    0 202
    • JohnGaia
      RexBeckett

@JohnGaia 

Hi Jonathan, welcome to the forum.

Does this problem only happen on one channel? If you change the channel to use a different analog input (on the Input tab), does the problem remain?

If you attach your scene file to your post (see Choose File button below) we can check for any configuration issues.

• August 21, 2019
    • JohnGaia
      Paul_Vannatto

@JohnGaia wrote:

last week I noticed that I had to push up the Mic Gain to +60 on my Talk Back channel to get a good input level

I'm curious as to how/why you are using a talkback mic on an XR18. Typically talkback is from FOH with a snake to the inputs/outputs on stage. The XR18 is the stagebox (inputs/outputs) and is usually located on the stage. 

• August 21, 2019
    • JohnGaia
      JohnGaia

Hi,

I tried rerouting the input as you told me and the preamp worked it looks like the problem is coming from the stagebox (XR18), I attached the scene that I've been using since I got my hands on it.

RockBand.scn
      • August 22, 2019
    • JohnGaia
      RexBeckett

@JohnGaia wrote:

Hi,

I tried rerouting the input as you told me and the preamp worked it looks like the problem is coming from the stagebox (XR18), I attached the scene that I've been using since I got my hands on it.

@JohnGaia

Let me check if I understand correctly: The problem is with channel 16 (TB)? If you change the input to another preamp - say 15 - it works correctly? If yes to both, it may be a hardware problem. I would call your supplier.

I don't see anything in your scene that would cause this problem on channel 16. I noticed than channel 8 (VOX1) has a very high gain (60dB). Is this also because of a problem?

• August 22, 2019
  • rbone100
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-21

New to the group and using the XAir 18. I have two challenges when using X Air Edit:

1) When setting up a monitor mix to one of the 6 Buses, when I adjust one of the sliders, in setting levels on one of the buses, it effects the volume coming out of the Main LR. *** Reading though the numerous posts here, I might have solved this one but I haven't tried it out using the mixer. I am at the office using the X Air Edit in off line mode. I believe that challange is solved by clicking one of the 6 Buses on the right side under Main LR, then selecting the master Bus fader. I then would select the channel from the top and then deselect the orange LR under the Main Out?

2) The other challenge that I have is that I am unable to operate the sliders when adjusting the each individual channel bus levels. The channel bus levels mimic what is set using the Main LR levels. I should be able to operate the sliders independently when adjusting the Bus mixes from the Main LR mix?. Does the sliders not functioning in adjusting the Bus mode have to do with each individual channel, send at the top? I have mine all set to INPUT. I want to be able to adjust the level of the monitor mixes for each Bus using the sliders and adjust the MAIN LR levels using the sliders.

I am attaching my SCN file.

Thanks in advance!

Band Practice.scn
    read more...
    0 232
    • rbone100
      rbone100

I didn't see my SCN file so I am reposting it again.

Band Practice.scn
      • August 21, 2019
    • rbone100
      RexBeckett

@rbone100 

Hi Ralph, welcome to the forum.

You answered your own question (1) correctly. When you select one of the buses, the channel faders become the send levels to that bus - known as Sends on Faders. After clicking the bus button, make sure to click on the bus name above the fader at the extreme right to select the bus. All of your monitor buses are correctly deselected from the Main LR mix.

I don't see any problem with your monitor sends. The Input signal tap is OK for this - or any pre-fader tap. When you start using the FX Sends, you should change the signal taps for FXSnd1 to FXSnd4 to Post Fader so the effects level tracks the dry channels.

• August 21, 2019
  • Superunknown
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-21

Hi,

I have an issue with Odyssey internal sequencer: when I press arpeggio in hold mode (double press) and play some notes in keyboard, it runs fine, but when I want to change notes during arpeggio is already running, the whole sequence stucks. Only reboot helps. Is this a known issue which is gonna be fixed soon by firmware upgrade or have I a faulty unit? Please advice.

Thank you

Lukas

read more...
    0 564
    • Superunknown
      tinureg

I had a similar issue where I could not press / stop anything. Only a shutdown and restart helped. Hope they can fix it with a firmware update.

Cheers

Tinu

• August 21, 2019
    • Superunknown
      Talos

If they fix it with a firmware update how do you install it when the Synth Tool fails to connect?  

• October 5, 2019
    • Superunknown
      SpaceScurvy

I find that when the arpeggiator is on hold (or not) it will skip a beat if you're not exactly hitting the key with exact timing. It seems that it is unable to retrigger unless you're a robot or can play with perfect timing to the internal clock. It's frustrating if you want to do some classic 80s New Wave arpeggiated bass runs. My Juno 6 does its arpeggios with smoothness when retriggering a note and never skips a beat. Seems like this is a bug in the Odyssey.

• December 22, 2019
Go to page