Brand

Behringer

270,114 members
149,903 posts
  • Dogseatchoco
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-22

Hiya,

Would I be able to connect the x32 to a network switch that connects to my current wifi router for wireless remote.

0 80
    • Dogseatchoco
      Paul_Vannatto

@Dogseatchoco wrote:

Would I be able to connect the x32 to a network switch that connects to my current wifi router for wireless remote.

Yes of course you can. Either set the DHCP in the Setup, Network or assign an IP address that is compatible with your router (same first 3 numbers in IP).

• April 22, 2020
  • sgruber9
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-22

Hi! I'm very new to mixing boards and sound production. However, I was able to get a matrix setup on our Behringer X32 for our live video feed. Unfortunately, someone changed something in a setting or send level, and now there is a terrible hiss overwhelming the vocals and instruments (which are on their own buses sent to the matrix). There is no hiss coming out of the main speakers. You only hear it when playing back a recorded video. Any ideas about how to track down the source? Thanks!

read more...
    0 105
    • sgruber9
      RexBeckett

@sgruber9 

The fastest way for us to help is if you export your scene and attach the .scn file to your post (see Choose File button below).

• April 22, 2020
    • sgruber9
      DavidKnighton

Hello @sgruber9 ,

David Knighton here with Music Tribe support.  My quickest advice would be to solo the Matrix in your headphones to hear if the hiss is present whitin the console, vs at the external destination.  If the hiss is present in the headphones, mute every input channel one at a time until the hiss disappears.  You should be able to uncover the culprit channel really quickly using this method.  If the hiss is not present in the headphones, it may be an external device that is picking up interference on the output.  Let me know if this helps.

• April 22, 2020
  • Rampage2020
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-22

Hi,
    I just purchased a DJX900USB mixer today as an upgrade for my old version DJX750. My question is what is suppose to happen when I plug the USB into my laptop when connected to the mixer, does some Behringer audio recording program suppose to appear/open ?
    When I plugged the USB into my laptop for the first time it successfully downloaded & installed the driver's ready to use, but nothing opened or happened. So I unplugged the USB from my PC and then plugged it back in. My PC recognized the connection but again nothing happened. So how do I record my DJ mix if there is no audio program/interface ?
    I was under the impression from the description that is possible & that's really the only reason I purchased this product. So what do I need to record from the mixer to my PC & how to play MP3 from my PC to mixer ? I am running Windows 7.
    Thank you.

read more...
    0 150
    • Rampage2020
      RexBeckett

@Rampage2020 

Hello Paul, welcome to the community.

To record from the mixer, you need some form of audio software - e.g. Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). A simple solution is Audacity which is not a fully-featured DAW but is easy to use. Audacity can also play mp3 and other audio files. 

Most Windows music players (e.g. Media Player) can also play through the USB connection if you select it as the default Playback device in Control panel -> Sound -> Playback. It will probably be shown as USB Audio Codec.

• April 21, 2020
    • Rampage2020
      Rampage2020

Would it be a midi or audio input into FL STUDIO ?

• April 21, 2020
    • Rampage2020
      RexBeckett

@Rampage2020 wrote:

Would it be a midi or audio input into FL STUDIO ?

@Rampage2020 

It will be an Audio input. Probably called USB Audio Codec. See this thread for more details on how Windows treats simple stereo USB interfaces. Most of this also applies to Windows 7.

• April 21, 2020
    • Rampage2020
      Rampage2020

I managed to get it working with Audacity but I would prefer to use FL because it's better quality & editing. I can find the USB CODEC in the audio device drop list but I don't know what to do after that, I don't know how to add it to a channel on the mixer or something. I might start a new thread & ask how to use a Behringer mixer with fl studio. Thanks for all your help so far mate ?

• April 22, 2020
  • rio
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-21

Please add a MIDI CC to switch ARP mode on and off. It would also make sense to select the individual arp patterns within that cc:

val 0 - off

val 1 - on (ARP 1)

val 2 - on (ARP 2) ... aso.

Maybe all the different arp modes (e.g. "hold arp") could be controlled there somehow for example from another CC.

The accent for the ARP notes should also be recognized via Vel > 96 (or what is set in synthtool as for normal notes). Otherwise the ARP mode is for me more useless.

Thx.

read more...
    0 124
  • JamesMarquette
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-21

Does anyone know what the differecnce is between the legacy prodcut UMC404 and the UMC404HD?   I'm using the legacy with Reaper and Jamulus and wonder if there is any latency difference between the 404 and 404HD.   

0 82
    • JamesMarquette
      stewwest

UMC404HD is 24bit, while the older UMC404 is max 16bit

• May 5, 2020
    • JamesMarquette
      ThomasAlexander

Hello James,

I don't think there is much difference. The one thing I noticed is this for the legacy 404: Audiophile 24-Bit/96 kHz. So the old 404 goes up to 96 kHz, while the 404HD goes to 192 kHz. Someone correct this if I'm mistaken: I think you can get less latency at the higher sample rates as long as you have enough processing power. But of course the file sizes will be much larger for recordings. I would say that most people should be unaffected by the difference between 96 and 192.

• June 5, 2020
  • jdshoulders20
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-21

I have a xr18 using ipad version 7 to control it. How do you adjust the aux send prefader level on a channel? Also on the sends tab i only see bus sends, not aux sends.Are they the same?

0 75
    • jdshoulders20
      Paul_Vannatto

@jdshoulders20 wrote:

I have a xr18 using ipad version 7 to control it. How do you adjust the aux send prefader level on a channel? Also on the sends tab i only see bus sends, not aux sends.Are they the same?

Yes the term bus is the digital equivalent to the older analog term aux. If you want the sends to be prefader, you would change the taps on the sends screen to something other than post fader or subgroup.

• April 21, 2020
    • jdshoulders20
      jdshoulders20

I changed the taps on the send screen to prefader, but when i listen to the output of aux1 on the mixer i hear the mic prefader, but can't hear level changes when i adjust the aux 1 bus send

• April 21, 2020
  • Mitul
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-21

Hi All, 

I have just upgraded my firmware to 4.02 and now everytime I start the console, the master fader is at a minimum level. Is this a new feature, or is there something wrong?

Cheers

Mitul

0 151
    • Mitul
      RexBeckett

@Mitul 

The update process resets some of the global settings. In this case, Setup -> Mixer -> Safe Main Levels has been enabled. Just turn it off.

• April 20, 2020
    • Mitul
      TomBoisseau

Forgive me, but I tried to follow the path you suggested (SETUP > MIXER > SAFE MAIN) but I just can't seem find it.  In fact I don't even see "Mixer" under "Setup".

Tom

• April 21, 2020
    • Mitul
      DaveMorrison

@TomBoisseau Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.11.23 AM.png

• April 21, 2020
    • Mitul
      TomBoisseau

I was looking for it directly on the X32 screen.  On the X32 it does not seem to have "Mixer" under the "Set Up" button, at least I couldn't find it.  I'll look again.

Thanks,
      Tom

• April 22, 2020
    • Mitul
      RexBeckett

@TomBoisseau wrote:

I was looking for it directly on the X32 screen.  On the X32 it does not seem to have "Mixer" under the "Set Up" button, at least I couldn't find it.  I'll look again.

Thanks,
      Tom

@TomBoisseau 

On the console, it's on the Setup -> Config screen.

• April 22, 2020
  • CSurieux
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-21

Hello,

Could I send midi PC messages to RD-8 in order to select Songs, or Patterns  and the start  them ?
    Is there some better midi map the simply the Sysex list in documentation ?

Best

0 82
  • gj1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-20

Hello, have latest drivers but can only assign inputs 1-2 or 3-4 not all 4 simultaniously which i need to record drum tracks on to either Studio One or Cubase DAW IMG_0522.jpg

read more...
    0 212
    • gj1
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi @gj1 

Did you not install the ASIO drivers (found here)?

• April 20, 2020
    • gj1
      gj1

Yes Paul, the one 2nd from bottom – v4.59.0_2019-03-14_setup

Is that correct ASIO?

• April 20, 2020
    • gj1
      Paul_Vannatto

@gj1 wrote:

Yes Paul, the one 2nd from bottom – v4.59.0_2019-03-14_setup

Is that correct ASIO?

Yes that is the correct drivers (but don't see it in your screenshot - 2nd from bottom is "Mice and other Pointing Devices"). If it is installed, then you should be able to access the ASIO drivers in Studio One or Cubase. The other drivers at the top of your screenshot are the Windows drivers, which can only access one stereo pair at a time (another reason why I recently switched from Win7 to linux Mint).

• April 20, 2020
    • gj1
      gj1

IMG_0524.jpg

• April 20, 2020
    • gj1
      gj1

2nd from botton on link you sent is drivers installed.  is there other software?  still DO NOT have option in studio DAW to have 1-4 inputs simutaniously 

• April 20, 2020
  • SteveWest
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-20

I've had a UM2 interface for a couple of years and have been very happy with how it has worked with my Linux computer. Recently I tried it on a friend's iMac but have had some weird problems. The Mac is only a few months old and is running Catalina and all the latest software updates. The Mac recognises the interface OK and audio playback is fine. If, for example, I play an audio file on the Mac, it sounds great through headphones plugged into the UM2.

However, using a mic and/or guitar plugged into the UM2, and monitoring the sound in Garage Band, the sound is terrible. It breaks up, crackles, has an audible time lag and a warbling sound like ring modulation. We tried plugging the UM2 directly into the Mac's USB and also into a USB hub plugged into a Thunderbolt connector. Both were the same.

any suggestions, please, as to what might be causing this, and how we can fix it?

Many thanks

Steve

read more...
    0 146
    • SteveWest
      DaveMorrison

@SteveWest 

It sounds like you got the Microphone privacy issue sorted. The crackling sounds could be sample rate mismatch. Check the app Audio/MIDI setup to change/check them.

• April 19, 2020
    • SteveWest
      DaveMorrison

@SteveWest 

Audio/MIDI setup is the way to set inputs and outputs, sampling rates for applications that have no audio controls (like GB, Zoom, OBS, etc). It's sounds like ou are have buffer problems, but I don't think you can change that in GB. Logic Pro X (which looks like GB) is much more flexible.

Can you get a clean recording using Quicktime player?

• April 20, 2020
    • SteveWest
      SteveWest

@DaveMorrison Hi Dave,

Thanks for this. Sorry for the slow reply but I haven't been well the last couple of days (getting better now). I am not very familiar with Macs so I'd missed the Audio/Midi setup app...thanks for pointing me at that. So I was able to change the UM2 to 44.1kHz.

We've just tried recording with Quicktime player, as you suggested. I tried counting to ten into the mic plugged into the UM2. Playing back the recording, 1 to 5 recorded OK; 6 sounded a bit broken up; 7 disappeared completely and 8, 9, 10 were very late and broken up. We repeated this a few times with similar results. The audio is OK for a few seconds then increasingly goes adrift. We tried the same with Garage Band and got similar results.

Any ideas what we could try next?

Thanks again.

Steve

• April 22, 2020
    • SteveWest
      DaveMorrison

@SteveWest 

Glad your feeling better.

I'm about out of ideas. It should be working now.

Have you tried 48kHz? In Garage Band under Preferences: Advanced you can turn off 24-bit recording.

It don't think that will help...

It's probably time to use the Support menu at the top of this page and see what the manufacture can tell you.

• April 23, 2020
Go to page