Brand

Behringer

260,020 members
138,478 posts
  • BasicPro
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-24

Hi!

Great mixer in general, although still a bit buggy sometimes.

Yesterday I had an important issue with the screen, after 2-3 hours of recording it started working horribly. I could not select the gate or EQ settings, it kept going back to the compression settings, after a few tries I could get in but it kept changing the screen like crazy. I cleaned the screen just in case but it didn't help.

After a few minutes it went completely crazy, changing screens from the channel without touching the screen at all. I restarted the console and for about 10 minutes it worked ok after I did, but then the same issue happened, even worst, I couldn't work at all. I shutdown the console again and I started it again. 

From that point it worked ok all day long, it didn't happen again. However, it is worring enough, in this case it happened in the studio and I could reboot the console, but if that it happens in a Live show, you are in big trouble.

I was using firmware 1.04, I'm just saw that 1.05 is up and I will upgrade and see if it happens. It is the first time it happens since I bought the WING (2 months).

Also, the touch features in the screen doesn't work too well in general, I mean when you try to move a fader or an EQ parameter through the screen, it doesn't work very well, not sure if this is an issue with my console or the screen touch is not too good.

Regards

Dídac

read more...
    0 148
    • BasicPro
      DeclanSlater

Wondering if you tried flipping the screen down/up a few times, does that make any difference?  Maybe it could be a loose ribbon for the touchscreen?  I've had that happen to a display ribbon on one of my X32 consoles. I called "Chase" in Los Vegas and he was kind enough to authorize me go in it and to re-seat the cable - that fixed it long enough for me do do my show anyway, I was then able to get a warranty swap for another console because the ribbon cable was a bit damaged, I had to do a bit of surgery on it to get it to work at all.

• February 24, 2020
    • BasicPro
      BasicPro

Hello @DeclanSlater ,

Thanks for the tip, I did actually move the screen a a few times down and up just in case it was that, but it didn't make a difference. It would be weird though that rebooting the console would solve the issue if it were a loose ribbon, right?

Anyway, I updated to 1.05 and no issues today. I'll keep you posted.

Regards

Dídac

• February 25, 2020
      • Wing Screen Issues
        Ncbc1 My screen is completely unusable. Did it happen to you again?
        • August 4, 2020
  • HeartLander
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-24

I am setting up an X32 for the first time.
    The House of Worship I support acquired a used one recently.
    I'm trying to decide the best way to color the 'colorables'. 
    What works best in your application?  

Input channels include:
    Feeds from computer, CD playback, etc
    Spoken word mics (wireless headworn, wireless handheld, wired lectern)
    Typical praise band instruments (drums, bass, guitars, keys)
    Praise band vocals (worship leader, backing vocalists)

For traditional worship we also have:
    Grand piano
    Choir mics

I also need to color these 'aux send' mixes:
    Floor monitors

I also need to cover these 'group' mixes:
    Playback devices
    Spoken word
    Drums
    Keys
    Band Vocals
    Choir mics

I also need to cover these DCA groups (used by our greenest operators):
    Talkers
    Playback devices
    Band instruments
    Band vocals
    Choir

And finally, I will also need to cover these matrices:
    Main front (L&R)
    Main rear (L&R)
    Cry room
    Hearing assist transmitter

Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 65
  • GaryHiggins
    Superhero - Level 1
    2020-02-24

1) I would love to see the user group expanded to at least 32 or better yet, 48 ch from the current 24 ch options. It is a great feature that allows full ch processing tap points, like to USB audio and W-Live recordings. Since the USB audio is 48 ch's wide (and the W-Live 64!) if one wants 48 ch post fader ch sends to the USB audio DAW...well you get only 24 by using the present user group, the rest go pre filter (local) as it's the only other game in town. With point to point routing, I'm sure we will come up with a bunch of other uses too!

2) A generic routing library included. Like a aes50a 1-32 to ch 1-32 type thing. Some output routing setups too. I mean with only 8 mic pre's its more likely aes50 and stage connect boxes will be used than local ch's. It would certainly help when first getting started with the mixer. Maybe an FX to bus 13-16 or similar deal as well. A few basic things included would be nice, and a way to learn.

3) A user snap, preset, fx and routing area HERE in the forum that we can share our own and try out other members setups-again a great way to learn and teach.

read more...
    1 109
    • GaryHiggins
      WillemKrabbe

Agree, specially the user groups.

Also I'd like:

- preset for RTA with the oscilator, measure mic on one of the local channels and adjusting the EQ for main1 with multiband EQ.

• February 23, 2020
  • Paulin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-24
    Hi everyone,

I'm working on my new wing and I find something "strange" in workflow.

Today I started  assigning channels to DCAs and MUTE GROUPs to complete my new scene.

Every time I assign a channel to DCA and MG, automaticly a tag was create to indicate that ch. n. is now assigned to those DCA or MG, and that's ok!

After that I have to change the name of both DCA and MG and ....all the channels I previously assigned to them losed their assignment  instead of changing automatically tags name. So I have to recall all my channels individually, delete the previous tag (with the old name of DCA or MG) and reassign them to the "new" DCA and MG.

Now, I think that this may be a sort of bug, because it is absolutely not good during a performance.

I hope this communication can help to improve the performance of this splendid console

read more...
    0 284
    • Paulin
      RexBeckett

@Paulin 

Gary has answered one of your previous posts here. There is no need to keep posting the same question.

• February 23, 2020
    • Paulin
      Paulin

Hi Rex,

I'm Sorry, I'm new here and don't really know how the community and related post works.

• February 23, 2020
  • mollywalburn
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-23

Hello all, my UMC204HD has a white noisey static hum when I am:
    1) Connected to a new Macbook Pro using stock Behringer USB via a Thunderbolt 3 Adapter hub
    2) Have either Input 1 or 2 (doesn't matter) with "Instrument" selected using either an acoustic guitar and an electric bass guitar with a 1/4" jack.

Noise comes through in the headphones as I'm recording, and also on the recording, making the recording garbage. It goes away if I touch the casing of the interface or the 1/4". This does not happen when using a condenser mic through XLR in either of the same inputs with 48V phantom power on and "Line" selected. Help! (And thank you!)

read more...
    0 170
    • mollywalburn
      RexBeckett

@mollywalburn 

Hello Molly, welcome to the community.

Guitar pickups and cables connected to high-impedance (Inst) inputs are prone to picking up noise and hum. This is particularly so when the sound system is not properly grounded. Laptop chargers often do not provide a good ground connection whereas desktop PCs usually do.

This problem can often be solved by connecting powered monitor speakers to the interface outputs. The monitors provide a ground connection for the whole system. The monitors need to have a ground connection through their power cable - so it must be a three-core cable and plug. Ideally the monitor inputs and cables from the interface should be balanced. 

Sometimes the laptop charger can be the source of the noise. Try with and without the charger connected to see whether it makes any difference.

• February 23, 2020
    • mollywalburn
      mollywalburn

Hi Rex, thanks for the quick reply!

I tried using the 3-prong power extension for my macbook pro, and had the same issue. I also tried completely unplugging it from the charger, same issue. I've also tried on my friend's macbook pro (and older model) and again, same issue.

I don't have a set of powered monitors - all of my speakers have amps.

The only additional note is that I have an Ibanez thinline classical, and it doesn't create this sound. Every other instrument I've tried (higher quality, budget quality, etc.) creates the noise.

Would hearing the sound help pinpoint the issue?

• February 24, 2020
    • mollywalburn
      RexBeckett

@mollywalburn wrote:

Hi @OPREX - thanks for the quick reply!

I tried using the 3-prong power extension for my macbook pro, and had the same issue. I also tried completely unplugging it from the charger, same issue. I've also tried on my friend's macbook pro (and older model) and again, same issue.

I don't have a set of powered monitors - all of my speakers have amps.

The only additional note is that I have an Ibanez thinline classical, and it doesn't create this sound. Every other instrument I've tried (higher quality, budget quality, etc.) creates the noise.

Would hearing the sound help pinpoint the issue?

@mollywalburn 

What happens if you connect one of your amps to the UMC204HD outputs?

BTW: I don't know who OPREX is but he may be surprised to be notified that you replied. 

• February 24, 2020
    • mollywalburn
      mollywalburn

Still buzzing @RexBeckett.

• February 24, 2020
  • bonstonmusic
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-23

I've tried to create a ticket but it only comes back with an error.

The BB560M wireless Bluetooth headset works great as a headphone, but the microphone fails to connect to the PC Bluetooth system. As it was advertised ‘perfect for gamers’ it doesn’t seem to work.

The audio connects with both the cable and the Bluetooth. Just no microphone function

The Bluetooth we are using at home is a dongle we purchased from JB’s https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/creative-bt-w2-bluetooth-usb-transceiver

Which connects to headsets with microphones and we can’t get it to pair to anything.

Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks for any help

read more...
    0 916
    • bonstonmusic
      RexBeckett

@bonstonmusic 

Hello Boni, welcome to the community.

First make sure that every required field in your profile is correct. Missing information can apparently
      cause the Care ticket system to fail. It is also important to fill-in every required field in the Care
      ticket form (marked *). Make screenshots of the completed Care form before you submit it. If it fails
      again, let us know and we can tell you how to send the screenshots to get some help.

• February 25, 2020
    • bonstonmusic
      bonstonmusic

Thanks for the reply, i have tried again to lodge a ticket after editing my profile and it did worked but only on the "pre - sales" section but when i try the "Technical Support" part it just gives me an error and i didn't filled up the form as much as i could and didn't left anything with * blank.

Thanks for any assistance.

• February 26, 2020
    • bonstonmusic
      RexBeckett

@bonstonmusic wrote:

Thanks for the reply, i have tried again to lodge a ticket after editing my profile and it did worked but only on the "pre - sales" section but when i try the "Technical Support" part it just gives me an error and i didn't filled up the form as much as i could and didn't left anything with * blank.

Thanks for any assistance.

@bonstonmusic 

I have sent you a PM.

• February 26, 2020
    • bonstonmusic
      joserabeg

Can I get some help too, I am having an issue with the USB device not recognized on windows 10, all drivers an power settings have been updated. but still not working.

• March 29, 2020
    • bonstonmusic
      PeiMing

Hi RexBeckett,

Can I get some assistance too? I have same issue whereby my microphone is not working with a newly purchased Behringer HLC 660M. And I can't seem to submit a ticket even with all the compulsory fields filled in.

Thanks.

• June 2, 2020
  • JohnShepherd
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-23

I'm adding lighting to my PA. Icurrently have a 5G router working great with my tablt running Mixing Station. I bought a 2nd tablet that I'm loading a lighting control app (My dmx Go) onto.

Is there anything I need to do to ensure these 2 apps don't cross each other and freak 2 systems out?!? lol

read more...
    0 83
  • shauli
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-23

I got X32 with Dante card and I am trying to find out if it is possible to connect it to an Ipod for multi track recording on the ipod. 

0 80
  • Soulrockers
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-23

Hello everyone,

we are struggling with our x32 not being able to send a signal to our power play 8 headphone rack mount to be able to listen what's entering the board and being able to hear the mix through the power play 8.we think it has something to do with the routing but can't seem to figure this out.any help would be greatly appreciated.

we are using studio 1 version 4 as our DAW.

Thanks,Tommy

read more...
    0 117
    • Soulrockers
      RexBeckett

@Soulrockers 

Hello Tommy, welcome to the community.

The fastest way for us to help is if you save your scene and attach the .scn file to your post (see Choose File button below). Also tell us what you want sent to the PowerPlay and which console outputs you want to use.

• February 22, 2020
  • WillemKrabbe
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-23

Hi all,

The Wing suddenly stops with playback multrack from my Apple or Windows device. I just updated from firmware 1.04 to 1.05.

Even initialising the Wing console doesn't make a change. Downgrade to 1.04 or 1.02 does not make a difference.

My Macbook and my Windows PC doesn't recognize the Wing anymore as playback device.

In the setup menu I can acces the System and or Data partition if I switch it on. 

Does anyone have a clue?

Greetings,

Willem 

read more...
    0 289
    • WillemKrabbe
      GaryHiggins

@WillemKrabbe Try another usb cable. Some can be very finicky. If it were just windows I would suggest uninstalling the drivers and reinstall them but with both not working...does not seem like a driver issue. You dont have data access enabled right? Only when updating? Worth the ask.

• February 23, 2020
    • WillemKrabbe
      WillemKrabbe

Hi,

@GaryHiggins  Already tried that, didn't work.

As for now I'm back at home 4 hours later and it suddenly works again. Wing has been of for 4 hours or so.

This is at firmware 1.03. Now again updating firmware and see what happens next.

And with firmware 1.04 and 1.05 it doesn't work. (Strange as it still worked yesterday on firmware 1.04)
      So for now I'm gonna shut the Wing down and try again after some hours.
      Maybe it has to do with the new firmware.

• February 23, 2020
    • WillemKrabbe
      GaryHiggins

@WillemKrabbe Great, keep us posted...

• February 23, 2020
    • WillemKrabbe
      WillemKrabbe

And yes, only DATA or SYSTEM acces via Setup to backup scenes and change the firmware.
      Strange thing is that the cables are ok, Macbook automatically finds the Wing when it's in SYSTEM mode.
      When I eject the Wing through MacOS, the Wing itself toggles SYSTEM back (Off so to say). Also when I set SYSTEM off through setup, MacOS says "Disk not ejected properly".

Rebooting Mac with or without USB cable doesn't make a difference.

So for now I'll wait some hours to test it again.

Willem

• February 23, 2020
    • WillemKrabbe
      GaryHiggins

@WillemKrabbe You only want DATA access on when using the usb connection for firmware update or other data related jobs. Not on at all when using the usb audio interface or mixing. As far as the Mac saying that the drive did not eject properly, you should see a little disk drive icon on the Mac screen representing the Wing while you do have Data access 'on' and a usb cable connected. If you select that drive when you are done with your updates etc, right click on the drive icon and then select eject from the drop down, the drive icon will go away, indicating it has been ejected (properly). Turn the mixer off and back on. Data access will be off and you can use the usb connection for the usb audio and daw.

• February 23, 2020
Go to page