Brand

Behringer

260,019 members
138,477 posts
  • demode
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-23

Hi there,

the octaves are already set to the loweset so I am pretty in a mess right now with my Pro-1 because I am using it in my fat Modular Setup. When using it with Midi the ocatave setting is ok, but using it with CV/Gate the ocatve is +1 higher. Not beeing able to put one down is making the CV/Gate option unusable in a Modular Rack.

And yes, my Midi device(s) are all 100% ok. I am using 8!! VCOs and they all have a normal behavior.

Any clues? Any hack?

Cheers

Jimmy

read more...
    0 75
    • demode
      trident well what I'm trying to do is actually drop the whole scale down via the scale/offset/trim/ pots inside the machine but very difficult not recommended... first got to get it to 2.3.4 or 2.5.5 better i went w/ the model D videos utube
      • Nov 15
  • bawalters
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-22

How do you assign the RTA microphone input for the RTA display overlay. For instance, I want to adjust the parametric EQ on one of the Main Outputs but the RTA display ois showing the Pink Noise through the console and not as picked up by the RTA microphone. What am I missing?

read more...
    0 216
    • bawalters
      bawalters

I shuld clarify, I am using the Wing mixer on version 1.05 firmware.

• February 22, 2020
    • bawalters
      GaryHiggins

@bawalters Did you check the options in the metering page? Hit the little gear icon up top? Not totally sure what you meant, but that gives the options for the main metering, assume the rta can follow that...also from each eq page, the gear icon gives all the rta options.

• February 22, 2020
    • bawalters
      bawalters

I did check there and the only options are for pre and post fader meter settings.

• February 22, 2020
    • bawalters
      GaryHiggins

@bawalters I added some info about the eq pages gear icon, above

• February 22, 2020
    • bawalters
      bawalters

Thanks- I see those now. But it doesnt seem to have a way to select the RTA mic source while looking at the equalizer for, say, the Main Output. I may just have a mental block here (not an uncommon thing!). Thanks!

• February 22, 2020
  • jlwall
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-21

I understand Behringer is not just sitting around on their hands, obviously there SW team is in rage mode. I have a request that could make our FOH lives a little easier, wrt managing SPL in the house.

I find it clumsy having to setup a laptop with Smaart and an interface and RTA mic to maintain a numeric view on house SPL. Also, having to take my hands and eyes off the console, and use a handheld meter is some half baked arms in the air inconsitent pattern.

I have never worked on a Pro console, but have thought I have seen some that use a part of their screens to run a SPL meter. We have a lot of different volunteers at our church and still can't get these guys to hold a steady limit, to keep our experience consistent.

My best method of doing this In my mind right now is running a DBx RTA-M mic on a local input, and using a 94/114dB calibrator I have it set to meter "into" the orange (-20 dBu) at 94dB, and then peak @ 0dBu at 114dB. I applied an a-weighted EQ over top of the mic, so that I can process it A-Weighted.

I know that I can't slow down the solo peak meter, yet does anyone here with some experience think their might be some issues with my setup?

If a method like this could work, it would be NICE for Behringer/Midas, to give us a new metering / history screen, and an input to scale from dBu to SPL dBa. This would add some significant benifit to the consoles if they have the spare DSP to do it, and make our FOH setups tidier requreing less outboard gear.

read more...
    0 132
  • JeffParr
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-21

Hi I am using Xair for android on my XR18. I was recently asked to attend a mixing class for our local open mic night and they have an X18. When I logged onto their X18 it asked if I wanted to load the parameters they had on that device and I clicked on yes (probably a dumb move). When I went home and logged onto my XR18 all the parameters were retained from the open mic setup. The channels were 12345 and then 12 and 13 not my original settings. Can I use the snapshot or some other option to save this as one setting for the open mic night and then can I somehow go back to the default setting so that I have my channels back in the correct order to save for my band setup? I am new to this system I only purchased this equipment and downloaded the software two weeks ago.

read more...
    0 219
    • JeffParr
      RexBeckett

@JeffParr 

Hi Jeffrey, welcome to the community.

There are two ways to save mixer settings on the XAir products. Both ways save the same settings. The saved settings are almost all the configuration parameters apart from a few global ones like sample rate and network,

A Snapshot is saved on the mixer itself. It can be recalled (loaded) by any user with a control device (PC, tablet) running an XAir or Mixing Station app. Saving and loading Snapshots is almost instantaneous.

A Scene is saved on the controlling device (PC, tablet). It can only be recalled by the user with that device. Saving and loading Scenes takes longer as all the parameters are sent over the network connection.

In your case, you have two mixers and one controlling device, so Scenes are probably your best option. XAir for Android saves Scenes in Shows - which are really just folders. If you press the folder icon it opens a default Show (MyShow). Click on New Scene, enter a name and click Save to save the Scene. To load a Scene, click on it's button and select Load from the menu.

You should get your own mixer settings back when you connect and synchronize the app to the mixer. For safety, save your mixer setting as a separate Scene and also as a Snapshot on the mixer. Snapshots are saved/loaded by clicking on the camera icon, long-clicking on a Snapshot slot (1-64) and choosing load or save. This only works while connected to the mixer.

If you inadvertently loaded the X18 settings onto your XR18, and you have not saved your original settings as a Scene or Snapshot, I'm afraid you will have to recreate them.

• February 21, 2020
  • Shatley707
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-21

Hi,

I'm a monitor engineer with a small time production company, and we recently purchased a WING as a replacement FoH console (used M32 for monitors and house). For a recent show, the promoter wanted to multitrack record the festival, and asked if it could be done from the console directly. We affirmed him that yes, we could, and it worked well for about half of the day - routing our AES50 A inputs (1-32) right to the USB worked like a charm. The issues became apparent when we tried routing AES50 B audio to the USB connection:

The first issue we found was that we could not pass any audio to USB outputs 32-48 (audio reaches console over AES50 A/B and passes to the mains correctly, but doesn't make it to the connected iMac - we could not even pass the oscillator to USB outs 33-48). The second issue we found was that AES50 B audio could not be passed to USB outputs 1-32. Again, audio passed to mains but not to the computer.

We were not able to test if these are somehow an issue with OSX versus Windows (OSX showed 48 inputs available), but I'm inclined to think that the AES50 B-to-USB problem is an issue within the WING itself. Has anyone done any further testing with routing AES50 B or C to various outputs?

read more...
    0 121
    • Shatley707
      GaryHiggins

@Shatley707 Hello, I can verify that audio gets passed out from aes50C 33-48 as this is how I first tested my mixer using a little SD8 and the ultranet out of it to a P16M. SD8 to the C port. Random port choice btw, I was testing for how the P16 stuff will work. I'm pretty sure i tried the other AES50 ports after to make sure they also worked as intended. Maybe it's a Mac issue or an inadvertent routing issue? What firmware are you using? Maybe its a, newly ntroduced by firmware, issue? I have not ventured into the USB audio to daw business just yet, that's next up. The W-Live sd recorder however seems to work really well-but I have not recorded anything huge yet with it either. It's easy enough to get turned around with the routing I can attest to that! Point to point routing is super powerful with so many possibilities (to do right or wrong) not saying you did it wrong, just saying. In the heat of the moment-it's easy enough to get turned around.

EDIT: I was curious enough about this to give another go regarding the 3 aes50 ports. This am I recorded a bogus 64 track sd recording and routed the playback tracks 33-48 to wing aes50a,b and c out ch 33-48. Connected my SD8 to the Wing, ultranet from sd8 to my p16m. Hit play and it played and passed along audio from each aes50 port. So I realize this doesn't exonerate the USB audio sends in the same regard, it does say the 3 ports can send audio to aes50 33-48 ok. I unfortunately have my wing set up away from my DAW (a long way) at the moment so I need to figure out how to try that area of things soon. It's about the only part of this I have not experimented with. So far I really like what I see.

• February 21, 2020
  • Douglas_Marsh
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-21

As of 2020-Feb-21, I was interested in more readable documentation on the Wing. Perhaps I am the only one, but I tried to download the Quick Start Guide (English) here:

https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/Digital/WING/p/P0BV2/Downloads

And it directs me to a manual for a Tannoy VPX speaker ( www.tannoymarketing.com/webservices/dh.ashx?t=dl&v=5615 )

I don't read Chinesse or Japanesse either but those links seem to point to a PDF of the entire Tannoy product catalog.

If there a Wiki instead? I know there is some Facebook group which I prefer to avoid.

--Doug

read more...
    0 235
  • GaryHiggins
    Superhero - Level 1
    2020-02-21
    • Improvements 1.05:

• plugin/aux related crash fixed

• support for WAV files with 18-byte header

• surface meter issue fixed

read more...
    0 261
    • GaryHiggins
      DeclanSlater

is there a more centralized place than this to track updates?

anyone know what surface meter issue was fixed?

- I know that the USB playback meter firmware bug (for the 2-4ch usb plackback on the top of the console, meters pegged always, now only visible now in mixing station) - had NOT been fixed in this release.

Screenshot_20200224-142218.png
      • February 24, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      Mr_Bongo

@DeclanSlater wrote:

- I know that the USB playback meter firmware bug (for the 2-4ch usb plackback on the top of the console, meters pegged always, now only visible now in mixing station) - had NOT been fixed in this release.

I don´t think it´s a bug in its entirety.
      Mastered music permanently peaks very close to 0dBFS. So in most cases a meter that detects e.g. -0.3 dBFS as Clip will light a lot of times on USB playback

• February 25, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      DeclanSlater

I hate to be "a bug", but for this certian example - yeah, it is legit.  Maybe it started out as a firmware bug somehow (When I submitted it to David back when Wing Mixing Station was first released, but as it is now - it's up to David to squash this little "Aux Channel Meter peggs without any input signal, when the channel trim is at or below 0"

... bug.

• February 25, 2020
  • mandras
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-21
    I discovered that on the Crave, you can switch the sequencer instantly to play in the reverse direction by pressing Shift+Play. I find this immensely useful, but there's a catch: in order to play in forward direction again, you have to press Play twice (one to stop, one to restart), inevitably causing a pause in playback between those two keypresses. My suggestion: program Shift+Play to flip the direction of the sequence (rather than enforcing reverse direction). If the sequencer is playing in reverse and you push Shift+Play, it should immediately start playing forward (which it currently doesn't, the keypress effectively does nothing). I'm looking forward to this in the next firmware release, it shouldn't be too hard I guess...
    read more...
    3 142
    • mandras
      spaceagedevice

I noticed this too on my Odyssey. I watched a lot of YouTube videos about using their onboard sequencers and there's little to no mention of the Reverse function pressing Shift+Play, and there's nothing about it in the manual. Hopefully this Reverse>Forward(using Shift+Play) option will be implemented on next firmware AND to include more playback options other than Forward & Reverse. If anyone(Especially Behringer Engineers) knows of a way that we don't know to do Reverse>Forward, please post a comment, or video on the YT. 

• March 3, 2020
  • RossDavey
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-20

Not sure if this has been asked before, does anyone know if you can set the Busses to Pre or Post EQ?

I know you can set the tap point per channel but that's a pain in the backside having to do that for 30 odd channels one at a time.

I usually run monitors from FOH and work some rooms sometimes that need wacky EQs on the channels which I don't want going into the wedges.

I know on the X32 you could go to a bus and set it to Pre or Post EQ or pre or post fader. Is this option on the wing and I've just missed it?

If its not do you think it is going to be implemented or can it be implimented? I like being able to change the tap per channel as there are uses for this but when I want to do it for all channels doing it at the mix bus just ONCE makes more sense like the X32 did.

read more...
    0 175
    • RossDavey
      GaryHiggins

@RossDavey

The only other way (besides selecting a ch, tapping the bus send square, and selecting the tap) I found is to set one ch send as pre, post or whatever tap and hit the utility button. Unselect all options except "sends" and use the copy icon, select each desired ch and the destintion changes to that selected ch, then copy (and confirm) It's still not super fast but also not too bad IMO and a bit quicker than the first option.

EDIT: Would not be surprised to find out there is a hidden spot somewhere to do this! Perhaps soon to be added, maybe.

• February 20, 2020
    • RossDavey
      earcondition

@RossDavey 

By default all channel aux sends are set to MODE LINK. This means that you can select any buss (1 -16), there tap the softbutton below home, where you can choose PRE, POST or SUB. All channels will then use the respective setting. If you want one channel to be independent from this setting, go to this channel, tap the sends softbutton, select the bus in question and there switch to INDIVIDUAL. You are then able to choose PRE, POST or SUB for this channel and respective bus individually.

• February 20, 2020
  • William824
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-20

Using X32 Edit Version 4.1 for Windows. Where would I find the Send on Fader option? 

0 142
    • William824
      Paul_Vannatto

@William824 wrote:

Using X32 Edit Version 4.1 for Windows. Where would I find the Send on Fader option? 

Just select one of the bus boxes on the right side, which will switch the faders over to SOF.

• February 20, 2020
Go to page