Brand

Behringer

268,837 members
148,472 posts
  • robriot
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-04

Hi

I'm looking for instructions to allow me to figure out how crave works with Ableton. Is it possible or do I have to set the midi keyboard to work with Ableton to do that? 

0 75
  • thekengrace
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-04

Hello,

We've been using the wing at our church for several weeks now. I love this console. Just upgraded to firmware 1.6.

We came from the X32. I have two things that I can't seem to figure out. Maybe they are still in development. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

1) USB Recorder - I am using a 32gig FAT USB thumb drive. I can start recording, but at some point in our services, the recording will just quit and give me a redx on the USB icon. Can't figure it out. Maybe that's one of the 1.6 updates. Corona hit and we haven't been able to try it since.

2) When I have the mute group selected and my channels muted, I cannot unmute an individual channel. That's something that I loved using from the X32. If I have all of my rhythm section channels muted and a keyboardist slips to the keys, I would love to just unmute that keyboard rather than unmute the entire section. Right now if I hit the mute on the keys, they stay muted, if I deselect the rhythm section mute group.

Any ideas?

Anyways, I can't wait for this console to fully mature. Great job Behringer! This thing is a game changer for us.

read more...
    0 222
    • thekengrace
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Ken @thekengrace 

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the Wing and are understanding that this console has lots of room for improvements and enhancements - just like the ol' days of the X32 back in 2012-2013.

Firmware 1.6 should work much better with more varieties of USB sticks. The developers spent some time testing with a number of different USB stick brands and made a lot of fine tuning (timing for the most part) to enhance compatibility and reliability. 

You are correct that the mutegroups do not function in the same manner as with the X32. That is one area still in development.

• April 4, 2020
    • thekengrace
      KevinMaxwell

A workaround would be to un-assign that channel for the mute group when you need it to be unmuted. Hold down the “MUTE GROUPS” button and also press the Mute master button for the mute group that is muting the keyboard. And then press the SELECT key for the Keyboard input and this will take it out of the Mute group.

• April 5, 2020
    • thekengrace
      rickschwar

Sorry to repost, but I am experiencing the opposite. I can no longer trust USB playback in a live setting, because the odds of it failing are now high and the only way to recover is a complete console reboot. 

I started having problems with stereo WAV file playback from USB immediately after upgrading to 1.06. It happened twice over a 15 minute period. When it occurs, playback stops and the USB icon turns orange. The only way to fix this issue is to shut down and reboot the console. After rebooting, the same files on the same USB stick play fine for a while. I played the same music files on the same USB stick for hours with 1.05 without a single problem. 

I'm using a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 32GB. My console and USB stick sound files are all 48 kHz. 

• April 9, 2020
    • thekengrace
      KevinMaxwell

@rickschwar wrote:

Sorry to repost, but I am experiencing the opposite. I can no longer trust USB playback in a live setting, because the odds of it failing are now high and the only way to recover is a complete console reboot. 

I started having problems with stereo WAV file playback from USB immediately after upgrading to 1.06. It happened twice over a 15 minute period. When it occurs, playback stops and the USB icon turns orange. The only way to fix this issue is to shut down and reboot the console. After rebooting, the same files on the same USB stick play fine for a while. I played the same music files on the same USB stick for hours with 1.05 without a single problem. 

I'm using a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 32GB. My console and USB stick sound files are all 48 kHz. 

When you say "I played the same music files on the same USB stick for hours with 1.05 without a single problem.". Did you revert the Wing firmware back to  V1.05 or do you mean that before you updated it was playing ok and now it isn't?

If you haven't already, have you tried reverting to V1.05 and see how it is working?

• April 9, 2020
    • thekengrace
      rickschwar

I haven't reverted the firmware yet, but I used v1.05 for weeks without a single problem, so I am confident that it works. I'm not the only one on this forum who is having problems with USB stick playback and firmware v1.06. 

I read every post on the topic and followed all of the suggestions (e.g. USB 2.0, FAT 32 formatting on PC, etc). It would be nice if Behringer shard the make and model numbers of devices that are known to work with v1.06.

-Rick

• April 10, 2020
  • RexBeckett
    Superhero - Level 3
    2020-04-04

These notes concern Behringer's range of analogue mixers with built-in USB interfaces and also the simple stereo USB interfaces (e.g. UCA202, UFO 202, UCA 222, UM2 and UMC22). They do not apply to the X18, XR18, MR18, X32, M32, UMC202HD, UMC204HD and UMC404HD products which have specific ASIO drivers.

Windows 10 supports simple stereo sound USB interfaces using its built-in drivers. When such a device is connected, Windows usually installs it as USB Audio CODEC. If the device has installed correctly, it will appear in Windows Control Panel -> Device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers:

Device ManagerDevice Manager

If it is not shown here, or has a yellow error flag, it did not install correctly. Find the device in the list - it may be marked as Unknown. Right-click on it, select Uninstall and disconnect the USB cable. Reboot the PC and reconnect the USB cable. If it still does not install correctly, try with a different USB cable and/or PC USB port. Some USB 3 ports can give problems with these USB audio devices so use a USB 2.0 port if possible.

The USB audio device should also appear as an option for recording and playback in Windows Control Panel -> Sound. Some applications (e.g. Audacity, Zoom) have settings that allow the device to be selected through Windows WASAPI interface. Applications that do not have sound input/output options will normally use the devices that are set as defaults through Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording and Playback.

Sound, RecordingSound, Recording

Sound, PlaybackSound, Playback

Windows may treat a new USB device as a microphone and use only the left channel. This can usually be corrected by opening the properties (right-click and select Properties), selecting the Advanced tab and setting the format to one of the 2 channel options. This is also where the sample-rate and bit-depth can be set. Some applications require specific formats to be set. The Zoom application, for example, requires 48000Hz sampling-rate for both input and output devices. Some of the audio enhancement modes can also cause stereo inputs to be treated as mono. I find it is usually better to turn off the enhancements for both recording and playback devices.

Recording, AdvancedRecording, Advanced

Playback, EnhancementsPlayback, Enhancements

Both the recording and playback devices have level controls. These can be seen on the Levels tab within the device properties. Some applications also provide these level controls on their GUIs (e.g. Audacity, Zoom). If your input or output levels are too low, check these controls. If Zoom is set to use automatic mic level control, it can leave the recording device level turned down when it exits.Recording, LevelsRecording, Levels

Recent versions of Windows 10 have a privacy feature that can prevent applications using the microphone (which includes any audio input). If your application does not receive any sound input from the selected device. check on Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone that access is enabled for desktop apps.

Privacy, MicrophonePrivacy, Microphone

Privacy, MicrophonePrivacy, Microphone

All of the above applies to applications that use the USB audio device through Windows sound management (WASAPI). Some Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software (e.g. Reaper) also supports the ASIO sound interface which may provide better latency performance. The drivers for digital mixers and the UMC HD interfaces provide ASIO support directly. There is a special driver that can provide an ASIO interface for the simple stereo USB devices - it is called ASIO4ALL. This optional driver works with the standard Windows drivers to bypass some of Windows sound processing to improve latency. This only works for applications that support ASIO - it has no benefit for programs that only work with WASAPI (e.g. Audacity, Zoom). Before attempting to use ASIO4ALL, ensure that the USB audio device is installed and working as described above.

read more...
    2 3,677
    • RexBeckett
      RexBeckett

These additional notes concern most of the small analogue mixers with integrated USB interfaces. They will also mostly apply to small non-USB mixers that are connected through the 2-Track inputs/outputs to simple stereo USB interfaces like the UCA202. The USB interfaces support simultaneous stereo record and playback but with some limitations.

The stereo recording feed is taken from the Main mix. It does not support multitrack recording of individual mixer inputs. It is possible to record two inputs by panning one to extreme left and the other to extreme right. The resulting stereo recording can be split into two mono tracks using DAW track editing functions. Using Audacity, for example:

Audacity Track MenuAudacity Track Menu

Playback from USB is controlled by two buttons. When 2-TR/USB To Main is pressed, the USB playback will be added to the Main mix. To avoid possible feedback, this button also mutes the USB recording feed. When 2-TR/USB To Phones/CTRL RM is pressed, the USB playback is fed to the Phones and CTRL Room outputs replacing the Main mix. This button does not mute USB recording.

This arrangement works well for normal recording and subsequent playback but is not so good for recording a new track while listening to playback from previous ones (overdubbing). Ideally this requires Phones or Control Room output of a mix of the recording and playback signals. This is not possible with the built-in USB interface. The same situation applies to multi-participant streaming. Possible solutions for this include:

Listening through monitor speakers or a headphone amplifier with dual inputs. The Main LR outputs are connected to one input and the Control Room outputs are fed to the other. If the 2-TR/USB To Phones/CTRL RM button is pressed, both the recording and playback signals will be heard.

Connecting the 2-Track outputs to the 2-Track inputs and pressing the 2-TR/USB To Phones/CTRL RM button. This will give you a mix of USB playback and the mixer output on the Phones and Control Room outputs. You would need to use the PC output level control to balance the two sources.

Using an external USB interface such as the UMC204HD instead of the built-in one. If the Main LR outputs are connected to the UMC204HD inputs, they can be recorded through USB. The UMC Headphones and Main outputs are an adjustable mix of the inputs and playback from USB. An additional benefit is that the UMC204HD drivers provide a low-latency interface for use by DAW and streaming software that supports ASIO e.g. JamKazam, OBS. I recommend connecting the mixer outputs to the UMC204HD XLR inputs using TRS/XLR-Male cables and pressing the Pad buttons. The XLR inputs have lower distortion (THD) than the TRS Line inputs.

• May 1, 2020
    • RexBeckett
      Immy

Hi there, thank you for all that information. I sorted it out.... well you sorted it out but now I still have no sound. I have my sony speaker into the Behringer but I have no idea how it works to get the sound out of my speaker. I don't want to give up. You see I have no idea. Once I have it working I can sing and that's all I want to do. if it's not one thing it's another. So it appears to be working on my computer now but my speaker isn't having any of it. I have the red and white jack plugs into the behringer and and in my speaker. Why can't this be easy. Buggar! Any one? 

• May 3, 2020
    • RexBeckett
      jdelahunt This did the trick for me! Thanks!
      • August 1, 2020
    • RexBeckett
      grmcooke Hi there - thanks for all the information - I've installed a UM2 on a Windows 10 machine and I'm using ASIO with Reason. That works fine but I would also like to use the same interface and speakers for normal PC use (e.g. Spotify, YouTube, Google Meet calls for work etc.). The interface does appear in Device Manager under "Sound, video and game controllers", but doesn't appear in Sound settings (see attached pictures) - any ideas on how to resolve this?
      • December 30, 2020
  • GaryHiggins
    Superhero - Level 1
    2020-04-04

I have been among the more critical voices with regard to this subject in the past....SO in the interest of being fair and giving credit where credit is due....There is a noted improvement here! I recently (in the last week) registered a new purchase and was glad to see an actual email response as well as getting my redemption code for tracktion (so what if I'm owed dozens) The wheels turned slowly but they do now turn!...so Thank You!

read more...
    0 120
    • GaryHiggins
      amoricanseth

Gary - I just registered Q1202USB mixer that I purchased last month.  Based on your recent experience, how long should I expect it to take to receive the Tracktion redemption code? 

• April 25, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      RexBeckett

@amoricanseth wrote:

Gary - I just registered Q1202USB mixer that I purchased last month.  Based on your recent experience, how long should I expect it to take to receive the Tracktion redemption code? 

@amoricanseth 

I received acknowledgements and download codes for the last two products that I registered within one working day. As it's the weekend, you may have to wait until Monday. 

• April 25, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      amoricanseth

Thanks for the quick response, Rex! I don't suppose that you have a link to what the entitlements per device are, do you?  I'm a little lost as to what I am going to be able to use.

• April 25, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      RexBeckett

@amoricanseth wrote:

Thanks for the quick response, Rex! I don't suppose that you have a link to what the entitlements per device are, do you?  I'm a little lost as to what I am going to be able to use.

@amoricanseth 

They should send you a download code for Waveform (DAW). There is some more software available on Q1202USB Downloads which includes an old version of Audacity. You can get the latest version of Audacity (free) from Audacity Downloads . Waveform is a more fully-featured DAW package but Audacity is easier to use for basic stereo recording and editing.

• April 25, 2020
  • glenngrass
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-04
    I updated the firmware on the x32 rack(version 4.02). the ipad connects but there is a notification that pops up that says ! Requires X32 v2 firmware v2.03 or later. I can't remove this pop up, and therefore, I can't use the ipad. 'fortunately, this is happening at a time I have a few weeks to resolve the issue. Anybody else have this issue??? How do I fix it. Maybe I left out a step while updating the firmware? At a loss
    read more...
    0 99
    • glenngrass
      GaryHiggins

@glenngrass 

Hello, what app are you using? I suspect it wont work with the latest firmware, the sister versions for X32 Edit require a new version to work with 4.0 and above firmware. I would bet the generic iPad Mix app has not been updated if I had to guess. You could step back your firmware to the version you were using OR get Mixing Station which is updated. A bit of a learning curve but well worth it in most users view. It is like $6 or $8 but is always updated with the latest things.

• April 3, 2020
  • ynhits
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-03

Hi , 

I recently bought a poly D

Very happy with it, but i can t update it... Synth tool 2.3.5 is installed. My poly d is in usb ( without hub ).

the poly d version is 1.0.7...is outdated. When i press update , i have the following message : update failed, try again...

read more...
    0 92
  • gmcfad
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-03

I'm new to audio devices so please be gentle.. (-: Just purchased a Behringer 302USB so I can broadcast Tai Chi lessons from home using ZOOM or WebEx. Tried on a Windows 10 laptop and a Linux Mint laptop - same results. I plugged my Iphone into Line Input and plugged the USB cable into my laptops. I can see the input coming in on both laptops by monitoring the audio devices but no matter what speakers I select I get no output. I tried the driver on the Behringer site and also the driver recommended on this site: Behringer_2902_X64_2.8.40.zip. Neither worked. I'm hoping I'm overlooking something stupid and it's an easy fix. Thanks in advance for any help...

read more...
    0 118
    • gmcfad
      RexBeckett

@gmcfad 

Hello Gene, welcome to the community.

It would be better to use the default Windows driver rather than the old one you mentioned. The ASIO4ALL driver is not required for the Zoom app. You may need to adjust the settings on Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording and Playback. Right-click on the USB device and select Properties. On the Advanced tab, set the format to 2 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz. This is the format that normally works with Zoom.

• April 3, 2020
    • gmcfad
      gmcfad

so do I need to uninstall the driver I downloaded from Dropbox and just reboot? Shouldn't I be able to hear music from the mixer through the speakers on my laptop? Confusion is setting in..? that's how I've been testing - looking at the input making sure the bar is moving and selecting onboard speakers as output...

• April 3, 2020
    • gmcfad
      RexBeckett

@gmcfad wrote:

so do I need to uninstall the driver I downloaded from Dropbox and just reboot? Shouldn't I be able to hear music from the mixer through the speakers on my laptop? Confusion is setting in..? that's how I've been testing - looking at the input making sure the bar is moving and selecting onboard speakers as output...

@gmcfad 

I do not use that old driver. It was discontinued for a reason - mostly because it didn't work correctly on some systems. Others have used it successfully, I believe. If you want to use the default Windows driver you will need to uninstall the device in Windows Device Manager,  disconnect the USB and uninstall the old driver. Then reboot the PC and reconnect the USB. Windows should then install the 302 as USB Audio Codec using its default drivers.

When installed correctly, the mixer will show in Windows Control Panel -> Sound on both Recording and Playback tabs. You should be able to select it for input and output in audio apps e.g. Audacity or Zoom. Simple apps often don't provide the means to select input and output devices. In this case they use the devices that are selected as Default in Windows Control Panel -> Sound.

The Zoom app seems to need USB interfaces set to 2 channel, 24 bit, 48000Hz. This can be set through Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording and Playback by right-clicking on the USB device, selecting Properties and then the Advanced tab.

• April 3, 2020
    • gmcfad
      gmcfad

So next dumb question - does output go through usb or do I need cable from main mix to mic jack on pc? I just tried it both ways on Linux box and still no sound from built in speakers. Taking ur advice now - will try again with Windows 10 laptop  removing driver and rebooted and reconnecting mixer...

are built in speakers a good test - I have iPhone plugged into "input line" and I can see sound coming in - just no audio out..?

• April 3, 2020
  • EddieAudio
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-03

I have both a UCA02 and a UCA222 (basically the same device in different colours?) - U-Control.

Anyway I have used them over a long period to digitize some old recordings on cassette and mini-disc.

Just coming back today after a while I find that only the left channel into the UCA device is getting into my laptop. I'm recording using Audacity set to record in stereo, but only the connection into the left channel is getting there. To be clear, with both left and right phonos plugged in, Audacity is receiving the left into both channels. If I plug EITHER left or right phono into the left socket, it gets it, but neither of them plugged into the right is being received.

I think I'm going mad because it has always worked OK. I have checked out the Audacity set up, I have tried it with both U-Control devices,  and have tried this on two different laptops. I have tried different inputs.

I just can't see what's going on and I think it has to be obvious and silly.

Help please.

read more...
    0 164
    • EddieAudio
      RexBeckett

@EddieAudio 

Hello Eddie, welcome to the community.

Open Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording, right-click the USB device and select Properties. Open the Advanced tab and check that a two-channel format is selected e.g. 2 channel, 24 bit, 44100Hz.

If there is a checkbox on the Advanced tab to Enable audio enhancements, uncheck it. If there is a checkbox on the Enhancements tab to Disable all enhancements, check it.

• April 3, 2020
    • EddieAudio
      EddieAudio

Thanks for coming to the rescue. This is what I first looked for when it occured earlier. But I swear those settings were not there  Anyway it was set to mono.

As I said before I must be going gaga.

I think it's possible that these settings are reset to a default during updates.

Thanks again.

• April 3, 2020
  • djmino02
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-03

Can you Transpose the sequencer of TD3 w/ incoming midi notes?

0 86
  • vernonreeve
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-02

If I click on button or knob, and go to actions, and choose effect for the type, I see Hall Reverb listed 4 times with no other options.

I'm using Mixing Station X AIR pro since that was the only option that showed in the app store for my Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet (which uses an Android operating system). I'm starting it in offline mode for xr18 and trying to edit the layout.

Also, does my x18 use the same software as xr18?

Is there somewhere besides the app store to get other software?

read more...
    0 119
Go to page