Behringer

Brand

Behringer

268,987 members
148,641 posts
  • gmcfad
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-03

I'm new to audio devices so please be gentle.. (-: Just purchased a Behringer 302USB so I can broadcast Tai Chi lessons from home using ZOOM or WebEx. Tried on a Windows 10 laptop and a Linux Mint laptop - same results. I plugged my Iphone into Line Input and plugged the USB cable into my laptops. I can see the input coming in on both laptops by monitoring the audio devices but no matter what speakers I select I get no output. I tried the driver on the Behringer site and also the driver recommended on this site: Behringer_2902_X64_2.8.40.zip. Neither worked. I'm hoping I'm overlooking something stupid and it's an easy fix. Thanks in advance for any help...

read more...
    0 118
    • gmcfad
      RexBeckett

@gmcfad 

Hello Gene, welcome to the community.

It would be better to use the default Windows driver rather than the old one you mentioned. The ASIO4ALL driver is not required for the Zoom app. You may need to adjust the settings on Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording and Playback. Right-click on the USB device and select Properties. On the Advanced tab, set the format to 2 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz. This is the format that normally works with Zoom.

• April 3, 2020
    • gmcfad
      gmcfad

so do I need to uninstall the driver I downloaded from Dropbox and just reboot? Shouldn't I be able to hear music from the mixer through the speakers on my laptop? Confusion is setting in..? that's how I've been testing - looking at the input making sure the bar is moving and selecting onboard speakers as output...

• April 3, 2020
    • gmcfad
      RexBeckett

@gmcfad wrote:

so do I need to uninstall the driver I downloaded from Dropbox and just reboot? Shouldn't I be able to hear music from the mixer through the speakers on my laptop? Confusion is setting in..? that's how I've been testing - looking at the input making sure the bar is moving and selecting onboard speakers as output...

@gmcfad 

I do not use that old driver. It was discontinued for a reason - mostly because it didn't work correctly on some systems. Others have used it successfully, I believe. If you want to use the default Windows driver you will need to uninstall the device in Windows Device Manager,  disconnect the USB and uninstall the old driver. Then reboot the PC and reconnect the USB. Windows should then install the 302 as USB Audio Codec using its default drivers.

When installed correctly, the mixer will show in Windows Control Panel -> Sound on both Recording and Playback tabs. You should be able to select it for input and output in audio apps e.g. Audacity or Zoom. Simple apps often don't provide the means to select input and output devices. In this case they use the devices that are selected as Default in Windows Control Panel -> Sound.

The Zoom app seems to need USB interfaces set to 2 channel, 24 bit, 48000Hz. This can be set through Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording and Playback by right-clicking on the USB device, selecting Properties and then the Advanced tab.

• April 3, 2020
    • gmcfad
      gmcfad

So next dumb question - does output go through usb or do I need cable from main mix to mic jack on pc? I just tried it both ways on Linux box and still no sound from built in speakers. Taking ur advice now - will try again with Windows 10 laptop  removing driver and rebooted and reconnecting mixer...

are built in speakers a good test - I have iPhone plugged into "input line" and I can see sound coming in - just no audio out..?

• April 3, 2020
  • EddieAudio
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-03

I have both a UCA02 and a UCA222 (basically the same device in different colours?) - U-Control.

Anyway I have used them over a long period to digitize some old recordings on cassette and mini-disc.

Just coming back today after a while I find that only the left channel into the UCA device is getting into my laptop. I'm recording using Audacity set to record in stereo, but only the connection into the left channel is getting there. To be clear, with both left and right phonos plugged in, Audacity is receiving the left into both channels. If I plug EITHER left or right phono into the left socket, it gets it, but neither of them plugged into the right is being received.

I think I'm going mad because it has always worked OK. I have checked out the Audacity set up, I have tried it with both U-Control devices,  and have tried this on two different laptops. I have tried different inputs.

I just can't see what's going on and I think it has to be obvious and silly.

Help please.

read more...
    0 164
    • EddieAudio
      RexBeckett

@EddieAudio 

Hello Eddie, welcome to the community.

Open Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording, right-click the USB device and select Properties. Open the Advanced tab and check that a two-channel format is selected e.g. 2 channel, 24 bit, 44100Hz.

If there is a checkbox on the Advanced tab to Enable audio enhancements, uncheck it. If there is a checkbox on the Enhancements tab to Disable all enhancements, check it.

• April 3, 2020
    • EddieAudio
      EddieAudio

Thanks for coming to the rescue. This is what I first looked for when it occured earlier. But I swear those settings were not there  Anyway it was set to mono.

As I said before I must be going gaga.

I think it's possible that these settings are reset to a default during updates.

Thanks again.

• April 3, 2020
  • djmino02
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-03

Can you Transpose the sequencer of TD3 w/ incoming midi notes?

0 86
  • vernonreeve
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-02

If I click on button or knob, and go to actions, and choose effect for the type, I see Hall Reverb listed 4 times with no other options.

I'm using Mixing Station X AIR pro since that was the only option that showed in the app store for my Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet (which uses an Android operating system). I'm starting it in offline mode for xr18 and trying to edit the layout.

Also, does my x18 use the same software as xr18?

Is there somewhere besides the app store to get other software?

read more...
    0 119
  • 1974Dave
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-02

I am new to digital mixing, and have an X32 Rack.   Are there any good foundational resources for X Edit 4.1?  All the tutorials I see are for older versions.

0 216
    • 1974Dave
      AnthonieHunter

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum.

If you check the tutorials for version 3.x you will find your way around in 4.x very easily.

The basics are the same, and feel free to ask here what you need more.

We will be happy to help any way we can.

• April 2, 2020
    • 1974Dave
      hughesaudio

Hi, I hope this is not against any rules, but I recently wrote an in-depth article on my blog about the X32 Edit software. It covers version 4.1 but like was said above version 4 is very similar to version 3.

https://survivethegig.com/x32-edit-in-depth/

I wanted to show and explain the new features like the User Routing since that takes a second to get you head around. 

• April 4, 2020
    • 1974Dave
      RexBeckett

@hughesaudio wrote:

Hi, I hope this is not against any rules, but I recently wrote an in-depth article on my blog about the X32 Edit software. It covers version 4.1 but like was said above version 4 is very similar to version 3.

https://survivethegig.com/x32-edit-in-depth/

I wanted to show and explain the new features like the User Routing since that takes a second to get you head around. 

@hughesaudio 

It is not against any rules that I'm aware of, Chris. I think it will be useful to many users who are not familiar with X32 Edit and, particularly, the new User patching.

You clearly spent a lot of time putting this comprehensive guide together. I congratulate you for producing such a well-written guide.

Could I make a small suggestion? It would help a lot of people if you covered the switchable Record/Play input routing and the Aux In Remap options.

• April 4, 2020
    • 1974Dave
      hughesaudio

@RexBeckett I have updated my guide to include your suggestions, the play/record input routing as well as the Aux In remapping.

• April 5, 2020
  • Senora_music
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-02

Hi everyone!

I normaly use Odyssey with ableton and I already recorded some samples.

I've just recived it for repair and noticed that velocity doesn't work.

Synthtool seems not to affect.

Is there something I should do or they broke my unit instead of fixing it?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 63
  • Doclabig
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-02
    0 61
  • TJWilkins
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-02

Hello All, 

I've had my DM12 for about a month. I bought it used from a trustworthy friend. I've been getting to know this synth and LOVE it. Unfortunately, when I fired it up this morning, I had all the lights illuminated, but no screen, no connectivity to the computer, and the only thing running properly was the fan (pics/vid attached). Has anyone ever had this happen. Any thoughts? I really hope this isn't a situation where the synth is dead. I think it was manufactured in December of 2016, so I think technically it's out of warranty.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Upside down, but you get the point...Upside down, but you get the point...

IMG_3907.JPG
    read more...
    0 105
    • TJWilkins
      erock123

Honestly, man, I had a similar issue, and after taking it apart found a loose ribbon cable, right about under the OSC 1,2... if you are out of warrantly, I would just take a look. Worked perfectly after that, fixed an issue with the mod wheel as well.

• May 18, 2020
  • rfraysure
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-01

Hi guys,

Im new to the forum here. I searched and could not find an asnwer to my issue, maybe someone can help. Im having troube succesfully recording to SD or through connected USB cable. I understand most of the the requirements like 32gb formatted card to the board and choosing the output group WLIVE then source from AES50 and select desired inputs. I also understand that when looking at the SD card on my laptop that it only produces 1 wav. file and have to import into Logic for it to expand. Whenever I do this, it opens up the same amount of tracks everytime, regardless if ive only assigned 8.

Im sure theres something im missing so any help is greatly appreciated! Ive included photos as well.

Thank you,

Ryan

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 4.18.53 PM.png
    read more...
    0 198
    • rfraysure
      GaryHiggins

@rfraysure 

Hello, I think you issue is related to the setup of the recording interface in the set up page. It is probably set to 48x48. It will use the amount of ch's set there, blank or not.

• April 1, 2020
    • rfraysure
      rfraysure

Thanks for the quick response. Your absolutely right about that and that makes sense.

Any other thoughts on why it would not be recoding anything?

IMG_8090.JPG
      • April 1, 2020
    • rfraysure
      GaryHiggins

Which part wlive or usb? Choose routing, select your source, wlive or usb and unlock it! Also best to hit the +1 auto so it advances to the next ch one after the other. Then tap a ch on the left and select a source group on the right, and then each ch from that group you want, say local and then ch's 1-8. Then use the sd recorder or your daw and record. Should work if sources of signal are present for those inputs. 

edit: sorry didn't see your pic. Looks correct, if sources are present for those 8 tracks and you hit record on the sd recorder, they should record.

Did you format the sd card fat32, has to be that.

• April 1, 2020
    • rfraysure
      rfraysure

Thank you very much. I figured out that it was recording this whole time but the gain was extremely low. I'm in a live setting using wireless Shure SLX2s with the gain maxed out and the trim slightly bumped and the signal reads -30db within Logic. Any ideas to help with gain?

• April 1, 2020
    • rfraysure
      GaryHiggins

@rfraysure 

Where is the gain maxed, Wing or Logic? You might try using the "user" menu where you can get post fader, post ch processing, perhaps leaving eq and whatever flat, just getting the boost from the ch fader. I don't use Logic so I am not sure if they use a gain AND a volume control per ch as that might also be an option. I am a long time Sonar user (pc) and it has input gain. as well as after the fact gain boost options like normalize by percentage.  I am going to buy Logic soon I think, been toying with that idea for a very long time and often use my mac for other stuff (like this). I have no DAW on my mac at present.

• April 1, 2020
  • Motifatord
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-01

Hey everyone,

My church recently bought a Wing console to replace our old Yamaha M7CL. We are trying to get better audio for our new streaming setup. That being said, we are mixing our audio for our stream from a computer using logic via the USB Audio 48/48 setting in the console.

My question is, is it possible to send the audio via USB out Pre EQ and channel processing on each channel? Or is it only Pre Frader & Mute?

read more...
    0 150
    • Motifatord
      GaryHiggins

@Motifatord Hello, yes that is how it is if you use the basic usb 1-48 out assignments, they are sent pre everything.  As a matter of fact if you want otherwise you have to use the "user" group menu which allows post ch processing taps. The issue there is there are only 24 user ch's when 48 ch's are available via usb.

• April 1, 2020
Go to page