Brand

Behringer

250,736 members
127,932 posts
  • MartinPressmar
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-16

Hello together,

as there where already some picture leak.
    When would Behrigner release this version?
    Would be nice to have it on a GIG at the weekend.

I am happy to be a beta tester even.

Best regards,
    Martin

read more...
    0 520
    • MartinPressmar
      AnthonieHunter

I would never take a new release into a live gig. 
      Enough things can go wrong on a live gig, I don't need a headache because some feature or setting does not perform as expected. 
      I love my X32, but don't like to be suprised by some unexpected behaviour. 
      I welcome any new feature, but will only take it to a live gig after a decent test.

• October 16, 2019
    • MartinPressmar
      LarryBonare

I agree with Antonie

• October 18, 2019
    • MartinPressmar
      Virtue67-

I look amazing can't wait either here is a video clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv5f1aO_b1A&t=21s

• November 6, 2019
  • MarkMcGoldrick
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-16

Hi,

Can I use the X touch to control pre amps on the x32?

0 153
  • soundcheck
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-16

hi, I have a new x-touch mini. after editing the layers with xtouch edit y have problems with the mcmode, it doesn´t send mi de cc mesagges as well. How can i do a factory reset?

thanks

PD. sorry for my inglish..

0 261
    • soundcheck
      KenMitchell

Hi Mikel ( @soundcheck ), 

Welcome to the community.  When you extracted the X-Touch Editor zip archive a folder called "default layer" should have been created.  In that folder is "compact" and "mini". In the "mini" folder there are two files called LayerA.bin and LayerB.bin.  Load these presets into the X-Touch Mini using the X-Touch Editor. This will restore the factory defaults. 

Ken

• October 16, 2019
  • TomShields
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-16

I've got a head-scratcher going on. 

Basic setup info:

Dual X32 racks; #2 serves as additional channel input and backup mixer.  P16M personal monitors, with a P-16D hub driving the P16Ms.  Laptop running Reaper as the DAW, connected to the X32 master unit via USB using the X-USB driver.  I use the X32 racks as FOH mixers when playing out, and as an audio interface in my studio when rehearsing and recording. My FOH mains are E-V self-powered units.

It’s not a complicated use: a small band that plays out occasionally, and rehearses and records in my studio.

What I'd like to accomplish:

After a recording session, when playback is necessary - for just listening, re-tracking, or punching in - I would like the option of having playback available through:

-  P16M system
    -  Near field monitors
    -  Mains

...preferably all within the same output routing setup.

I have achieved the first 2 (2 out of 3 ain't bad!).

In the DAW software, I have no individual channel hardware sends set except for each channel being sent to the master L/R, which is mapped to hardware (USB) outputs CH 1-2.

For playback through the P16 system, I used a tip on one of Behringer's videos and remapped AUX IN (on the INPUTS tab on the Routing page) on one of the two selectable radio buttons to CARD 1-2.  Mapped ULTRANET inputs 1-2 to DIRECT OUT AUX outputs 1-2.  (By default the AUX INs and OUTs are mapped 1:1, otherwise this would have driven me crazy.) This gives me a stereo master output send from the DAW:  DAW MASTER 1-2 >> hardware out 1-2 >> USB 1-2 >> AUX IN 1-2 >> AUX OUT 1-2 >> ULTRANET 1-2 >> P16M CH 1-2.  This works well.

For playback to a pair of nearfield monitors, in the XLR OUTPUT section I mapped XLR OUTPUT 1-4 to receive input from CARD 1-8.  I'm feeding the nearfield monitors with XLR analog outputs 1-2.  This also works well.

Where I'm stuck:  I'd like to also route the same DAW MASTER 1-2 (output to USB 1-2) to the mains, which are receiving signal by default from hardware XLR OUT 7-8. I've tried a number of things to route that signal logically within the X32 to XLR 7-8 to no avail.  

BTW through all this mapping the X32 analog inputs to the mains are working as normal (as in X32 analog input >> mains on all channels as if using for FOH).

I hope I’ve explained myself adequately but… you never know!

Thanks in advance for any help.

--Tom

read more...
    0 216
    • TomShields
      GaryHiggins

@TomShields Hello, I'm not 100% sure of what you are wanting. Do you want to replace the mainL/R with the Card/Aux 1 and 2 or just send usb 1 and 2 to FOH? It seems like maybe you want to replace....if so did you try using the outputs 1-16 routing and make output ch 7 direct out of aux1 and output ch 8 direct out of aux 2? If you were mapping XLR 7 and 8 by using the "out 5-8" in the xlr output menu, I believe that would work. Direct out of aux ch's is really direct out of aux IN ch's and I'm pretty sure once you remaped aux 1 an 2 to card 1 and  2, card 1 and 2 will show up there. You might want (in general) to try use something other than card 1-4 for your first 4 xlr outs that gives you more individual control of the XLR's as it appears you waste xlr 3/4 by using card 3 and 4 there, though perhaps I don't see your setup correctly. Aux out routing could work instead. Maybe posting your scene would help.

• October 16, 2019
    • TomShields
      TomShields

Thanks, @GaryHiggins.  Let me digest your reply and try a few things out. 

How do I post a scene?

• October 16, 2019
    • TomShields
      DaveMorrison

@TomShields 

Here are (older) instructions for saving/uploading a scene. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum
      Upload by Choose File at the bottom of the window.

• October 16, 2019
  • RichardMBridge
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-16

This website is utterly impenetrable!    Anyway, I eventually found a way to this point,  

My girlfriend’s son who is intelligent but differently abled has been given a Behringer B1 mic by his school.  Yes, a B1 not a B2.  They said it “just stopped working”.  I have tried it on one of my many PA amps with 48V phantom and it is true – absolutely nothing is coming from the mic.  Can you give me any clues or is there anywhere I can send it at least to get a price for a paid-for repair?  I have a usual repairman who was recommended to me by Yamaha who solves most things!   Is there an email address for Behringer so that I can ask them?  

read more...
    0 174
  • TomShields
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-15

I've got a head-scratcher going on. 

Basic setup info:

Dual X32 racks; #2 serves as additional channel input and backup mixer.  P16M personal monitors, with a P-16D hub driving the P16Ms.  Laptop running Reaper as the DAW, connected to the X32 master unit via USB using the X-USB driver.  I use the X32 racks as FOH mixers when playing out, and as an audio interface in my studio when rehearsing and recording. My FOH mains are E-V self-powered units.

It’s not a complicated use: a small band that plays out occasionally, and rehearses and records in my studio.

What I'd like to accomplish:

After a recording session, when playback is necessary - for just listening, re-tracking, or punching in - I would like the option of having playback available through:

-  P16M system
    -  Near field monitors
    -  Mains

...preferably all within the same output routing setup.

I have achieved 2 out of 3.

I should clarify / reiterate that I am using X32 racks, and the accompanying X-Air software, not a full X32 console.

In the DAW software, I have no individual channel hardware sends set except for being sent to the master L/R, which is mapped to hardware (USB) outputs CH 1-2.

For playback through the P16 system, I used a tip on one of Behringer's videos and remapped AUX IN (on the INPUTS tab on the Routing page) on one of the two selectable radio buttons to CARD 1-2.  Mapped ULTRANET inputs 1-2 to DIRECT OUT AUX outputs 1-2.  (By default the AUX INs and OUTs are mapped 1:1, otherwise this would have driven me crazy.) This gives me a stereo master output send from the DAW:  DAW MASTER 1-2 >> hardware out 1-2 >> USB 1-2 >> AUX IN 1-2 >> AUX OUT 1-2 >> ULTRANET 1-2 >> P16M CH 1-2.  This works well.

For playback to a pair of nearfield monitors, in the XLR OUTPUT section I mapped XLR OUTPUT 1-4 to receive input from CARD 1-8.  I'm feeding the nearfield monitors with XLR hardware outputs 1-2.  This also works well.

Where I'm stuck:  I'd like to also route the same DAW MASTER 1-2 (output to USB 1-2) to the mains, which are receiving signal by default from hardware XLR OUT 7-8. I've tried a number of things to route that signal logically within the X32 to XLR 7-8 to no avail.  

BTW through all this mapping the X32 analog inputs to the mains are working as normal (as in X32 analog input >> mains on all channels as if using for FOH).

I hope I’ve explained myself adequately but… you never know!

Thanks for any help.

--Tom

read more...
    0 51
  • TimAde
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-15

I had an electrical issue that fried my AES50 port on my DL32. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement part?

0 184
    • TimAde
      TimPadrick

No idea on the part, but authorized dealers can get a service manual for it, and there may be a service bulletin on it IIRC.

• October 17, 2019
  • KevinMaxwell
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-14

Ableton for playback into the card inputs.

I have a musical coming up where I am told there will be playback of 4 tracks from a computer running Ableton. I don’t know if this is on a Mac or a PC. This playback will be under the control of the main keyboard player. I am also told there will be 3 keyboard players and your typical guitar bass and percussionists. We will need to give monitor mixes to the pit musicians. And since there will be a click track they will have to be on headphones or some sort of hardwired IEM. I will be using 2 Midas M32 mixers at FOH for all of the wireless mics and other mics and inputs for this show like I usually do. This place has an X32Compact that they pull out for their Black Box shows. They bought it on my recommendation. So I was thinking of using their X32Compact as the USB audio interface for the 4 Tracks from the playback computer. If I understand correctly Ableton should work fine for this and if it is a Mac it should be plug and play and if it is a PC I will need ASIO drivers. Is this correct? I also assume that I will have to set the routing to take use up a minimum of 8 inputs.

I would then plan on using the X32Compact as a stage box for the pit instruments to one of the M32 mixers. And also use the X32Compact for the Monitor mixer for the pit. And send back the mixed vocal mics to the X32Compact. I would do this thru the AES50 using shielded cat5 cabling.

I have a meeting this afternoon about this show so I will know more after that and it would be nice to know if there is any reason that my layout plan will or won’t work.

Is there anything I am missing or does anyone have any suggestions?

read more...
    0 153
    • KevinMaxwell
      KenMitchell

Hi Kevin ( @KevinMaxwell ), 

I don't see anything that looks off.  We did something similar a while back with an X32 Rack as the stage box and an X32 at FOH.  You are correct that you will have to use 8 inputs for the 4 playback channels.  I'd recommend assigning a monitor engineer for the pit musicians to keep them happy during each performance.  One thing to consider and that is to not have the vocals in the musicians' IEMs.  I'd still provide them back to the X32 Compact but leave it up to the musicians and their monitor engineer to decide.  Our musicians found the dialogue to be tiring after a while. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• October 14, 2019
  • Talos
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-14

Finally managed to get Synth Tool working and updated to 1.0.7 

but still getting bugs with the arp when latched, single notes can some times cause it to freeze and the only solution is to reboot, but the biggest bug is when playing chords, if say I play 3 notes it cycles through as it should, then I play another 3 notes it switches to them and cycles through all good and expected so far, but any further notes played just get added, so if I play another 3 notes I end up with a 6 note arp.

Also when latched and in random mode it sometimes plays notes I have not played usually high notes well outside the keyboards range. This is my second Odyssey the first was returned because of this behavior and when I received the second and it was the same I thought I'd wait till I could get the update to work so I could rule that out. 

Anyone else have this problem?  

read more...
    1 487
    • Talos
      spaceagedevice

Yes I am experiencing the same issue as you with the added notes on the arpeggiator. I am running into an issue of the arpeggiator not playing single notes and the only workaround is to record a one note sequence. I have sent a technical service ticket about the issue. Everything else on the Odyssey works just fine. Being that the digital aspects of the synth are the arp/sequencer/fx, I imagine only firmware will fix those issues and not a result of the analog part of the hardware. 

• October 16, 2019
    • Talos
      Talos

Well I;m on to my 3rd Odyssey same bug on all three its ridiculous, Behringer say their working on a patch but cannot say when 

• October 29, 2019
  • OttovanZanten
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-14

My Neutron is behaving quite strangely. When I plug something in to the Att2 Out it changes the sound quite a bit. It's like it's changing the Pulse Width. If I then connect the same or a different patchcable to the Att1 In it changes even more. It's like it turns down the PW2 from 2 o clock to 8 o clock.

I can turn it by hand, but it seems like unintentional behavior and sometimes it changes my sound quite drastically and when you have a complicated patch it can be quite tricky to find out why your synth is suddenly making almost no sound even though you just routed something to the Attenuators that are turned all the way down. You would expect to change at all untill you start turning the Attenuators.

I added a video to demonstrate what's happening/ I would really appreciate it if somebody that owns a Neutron can try doing what I did here and let me know if this is how they all are of mine is somehow malfunctioning.

I just updated from Firmware 1.0 to 2.02 and it didn't change anything by the way.

read more...
    0 461
    • OttovanZanten
      AndyButler

Yes, that's normal for Neutron.

ATT2 Out is Normalled to both ATT1 In and Pulse Width in.

When you insert a cable, ATT2 is no longer connnected to ATT1 In and Pulse Width, but ATT1 In and Pulse Width In (both oscillators) are still connected together.

Technically (and this point can be safely ignored) the output from ATT2 was providing an effective ground and preventing ATT1 In and Pulse Width from interacting.

Anyway, connecting inputs together produces "unpredictable results", as you discovered.
      Also the pots for pulse width are providing what Behringer claim is a "useful" DC offset to the input of ATT1

Behringer advised me not to use ATT2 Out when needing reliable pulse width! They didn't supply a workaround.

The normalling of ATT2 OUT to ATT 1In is of course not only a cause of issues, it's also somewaht useless. You need to patch the connection anyway in order to cancel the normalisation to Pulse Width.

Your workaround is to patch some 0V voltage from the patchbay to the PW in socket. SLEW Out does the trick

• November 16, 2019
Go to page