Behringer

249,683 members
126,733 posts
  • Jors
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-24

Hello!

Purchased 2 B115W some months ago.

Anyone knows which bluetooth audio codecs are supported? (despite SBC).

AAC? LDAC? APTX?

Many thanks

0 135
  • connorolmsted
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-23

Hey all, first time posting

My church runs an x32, and we have 4 wireless Shure bodypacks used for in ear monitoring. I send individual bus sends to the outs from our snake to the Shure transmitters. The issue we have, is inbetween rehearsal and playing our sets, the mixes in our in ears almost always change, sometimes to the point where instruments that were totally out of the mixes initially are now blaring in the new, random mix. I dont believe the wireless packs are connecting to the wrong channel, thus giving one musician another musician's mix, since after talking with them all, the mix they describe to me doesn't match any of the other 3 mixes it could potentially have connected to.

I believe the bus sends are glitching and sending the wrong amount to each out. I am currently in contact with Shure's costomer suport to see if they have any ideas, and already reached out to Behringer.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Do I need to clarify anything? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

read more...
    0 211
    • connorolmsted
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey Connor @connorolmsted 

Welcome to the forum. In the 6+ years I've been using the X32, I've only encountered a "random mix" scenario once. I was providing the sound equipment and expertise for a Christian high school musical (theatrical) production. Part of my expertise was to teach a couple of the students how to setup and mix the production. This particular production was the 3rd one they had done in a 2 year period. During rehearsal, things started going a bit bizarre. All of a sudden the Main LR fader would jump, etc. It finally dawned on me that during the previous productions, they had used one of their iPads and I had not changed the password on my wireless router since the last production. I quickly changed the password and the sound system was miraculously exorcised. Hopefully that is not the case for you. But just in case, I would suggest you change your password as well.

Another suggestion is to attach your scene file to your next post (Choose File below) and we'll gladly have a look and better advise.

• September 23, 2019
    • connorolmsted
      connorolmsted

Ok, I can upload it tomorrow. No one else could be messing with the board over WiFi, even if they did, when looking at the sends, it doesn't seem to match up with what they explained. I played a few weeks ago, and my mix lost all drums and some other things were different. I can't replicate the problem with the wireless packs. Every time I reconnected them, they always connect to the correct receiver and channel of the receiver...

• September 23, 2019
    • connorolmsted
      sgagnon

Hi Connor @connorolmsted

How old is your board and how dusty is the environment it lives in? It may not be an issue in your case but when the internal boards and codecs become covered in dust they like to overheat and create gremlins. I've seen it happen to a board used in a bar, but that's an extreme environment with a lot of dust. There was so much dust in the unit that it stopped functioning altogether until it was serviced.

• September 24, 2019
    • connorolmsted
      connorolmsted

The board is around 3 years old and hasn't been serviced. Maybe I should give it a good blow-out/dusting? Can the deoxit fader lube be used on the faders? Or no, since they are motorised?

• September 24, 2019
    • connorolmsted
      sgagnon

It wouldn't hurt to open it up and give it a good spray of compressed air. I've taken ours appart one to service a broken motor track and it should only take an hour or two at most if you need to take boards off the chasis to clean them properly.

Should be safe to use contact cleaner or fader lube on the faders. The motorised portion is just a rubber track glued to the fader.

• September 24, 2019
  • BobMcHale
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-23

I am running an x32 console.  It seems that my USB recorder won't separate takes. There aren't that many settings and none seem to be addressing this point.  I tried reformatting the USB stick and only record to the root directory - No difference.  Anyone have any suggestions?

read more...
    0 152
    • BobMcHale
      RexBeckett

Hi @BobMcHale , welcome to the community.

This problem can be caused by the X32 Real Time Clock battery being exhausted. The clock time is used as part of the file name for USB recordings. If the clock stops, all recordings go to the same file name.

• September 23, 2019
    • BobMcHale
      BobMcHale

This definitely makes sense! Thanks for the idea! Any idea how I change it?

• September 23, 2019
  • VadimMaptih
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-23

Effects Sends only work in IN\LC mode but not in Post-Fader, as soon as I siwtch to post fader: silence. 

0 341
    • VadimMaptih
      RexBeckett

Hi @VadimMaptih 

You may have a problem with your configuration. We can probably help if you save your current scene and attach the .scn file to your post (see Choose File button below). Also tell us which channel(s) and FX slot(s) are showing the problem.

• September 23, 2019
    • VadimMaptih
      Vasco_Romijn

Are you using the X32 console or one of the others, that's not clear?
      Did you set the channel you wanna send to the FX to Post Fader and also the send level?
      Please as asked, post the scene file of the config so we can see what happen.

• September 23, 2019
    • VadimMaptih
      VadimMaptih

here is the attched scene file.

the Effects are Reverb, Delay and DimC on busses 13, 14, 15.

I want to have the mixer set-up so I can send channels to these effects post-fader, and also have these effects returns go to (obviously Mains) and wedges on Busses 9 and 10

AA - FX pre-fader.scn
      • October 10, 2019
    • VadimMaptih
      VadimMaptih

so, no one can figure out the issue ?

• October 10, 2019
    • VadimMaptih
      DaveMorrison

@VadimMaptih 

Give this a try.

AA - FX pre-fader2.scn
      • October 10, 2019
  • MarcLaf
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-23

Sorry for double post - I posted in wrong forum first time.

I just picked up a Model D (shipped firmware is 1.0.7) and while playing with it last night using headphones out, I noticed that when the filter is set to high pass mode, both the filtered signal and unfiltered signal are being sent to the headphones out. I tried updating the firmware but the updater kept saying I did not have internet (yet I did) so I'm not sure if this issue is fixed in later patch or if I have a buggy unit.

I did not test to see if this was also on main outs yet.

Can anyone confirm this issue?

read more...
    0 118
  • daviddw
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-22

Hello. I Would like to know which is the midi code to play/pause/stop audio wave tracks (2-ch) from xr16 usb pen drive?

Thanks for all.

0 215
    • daviddw
      RexBeckett

@daviddw 

Hello David, welcome to the forum.

There are no simple Midi messages for controlling the USB player but it can be done using OSC commands in Midi SysEx messages. Here are the OSC commands and encoded SysEx hexadecimal strings:

/-stat/tape/state PLAY

F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 70 65 2F 73 74 61 74 65 20 50 4C 41 59 F7

/-stat/tape/state STOP
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 70 65 2F 73 74 61 74 65 20 53 54 4F 50 F7

/-stat/tape/state PPAUSE
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 70 65 2F 73 74 61 74 65 20 50 50 41 55 53 45 F7

• September 22, 2019
  • LifeHouse
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-22

Hello Everyone,

Looking to get some help, I am recording on my Behringer X32 SD card, I have the X-live Expansion.  Here is my Config... I am coming in AES50, I have audio, its mixed, I record directly to the SD card, I have the settings on Automatic, 32 in 32 out.  When I go to playback, I cant hear anything, I check the routing and everything seems routed correctly (Card 32 in) on each channel accordingly.  I am using a 64 gig Storage card, 3/10.  the screen says its recording, but no playback.  HELP!Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 7.49.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-22 at 7.49.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-22 at 7.49.34 AM.png

read more...
    0 1,048
    • LifeHouse
      Paul_Vannatto

@LifeHouse wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Looking to get some help, I am recording on my Behringer X32 SD card, I have the X-live Expansion.  Here is my Config... I am coming in AES50, I have audio, its mixed, I record directly to the SD card, I have the settings on Automatic, 32 in 32 out.  When I go to playback, I cant hear anything, I check the routing and everything seems routed correctly (Card 32 in) on each channel accordingly.  I am using a 64 gig Storage card, 3/10.  the screen says its recording, but no playback.  HELP!

What have you got assigned on the Routing, Card Out screen? It should be the same as on the Routing, home (Input) screen in Record mode.

• September 22, 2019
    • LifeHouse
      LifeHouse

I just checked the Card Out and it is assigned Card out 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32.  Please Note: So im recording from a Midas M32R, im coming out of the Midas via AES50B (So the Internal Sync is AES50B in setup under synchronization on the X32.  Coming INTO the Behringer X32 Im getting all of the 32 channels and when I hit record on the setup tab the wheels start turning as though its recording on the X32.  when I go to play back do I need to change the Syncronization? or anything Im Missing?      

• September 22, 2019
    • LifeHouse
      Paul_Vannatto

@LifeHouse wrote:

I just checked the Card Out and it is assigned Card out 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32.    

That means that you have assigned the Card IN signals to the Card Out. In other words you are recording a bunch of blank tracks. If you want to record the same thing that you have assigned to the X32 inputs, copy those assignments (Routing, home (Inputs), recording mode) to the Card Out screen.

• September 22, 2019
    • LifeHouse
      LifeHouse

When I Record, my home inputs are set to AES50B 1-8, 9-16, -17-24, 25-32. 

Do outputs need to be set to anything particular?

When I Playback they are set to Card in 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, -25-32.  still dont see anything registering...  When im recording I do... but when i go to playback its not.  When I playback should the synchronization be different?

• September 22, 2019
    • LifeHouse
      Paul_Vannatto

@LifeHouse wrote:

When I Record, my home inputs are set to AES50B 1-8, 9-16, -17-24, 25-32. 

Then on the Routing, Card out, assign the following:

* Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 B1-8

* Outputs 9-16 -> AES50 B9-16

* Outputs 17-24 -> AES50 B17-24

* Outputs 25-32 -> AES50 B25-32

Then re-record your gig.

• September 22, 2019
  • RonaldFigura
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-21

I have the DM12 communicating with the iPad app (more on that in another post). Ilike the fact that in the Preset Manager the Category button  allows you to rename the User category. This can be done with a long press of the Category name (to the left of the "Favorites" select icon). On the DM12, the edited Category name is correctly displayed below the Bank/Patch number. But when yo go to the "write" function on the DM12 and select the category function and scroll away from and back to the edited Category name it comes up with a a potion of the new name and portions of the Category name from either side of it. If I populate the category name with as many letters as possible (it appears to default to 7) then the edited Category displays correctly when scrolling to it from the DM12 "Write" function page. Wonky! 

read more...
    0 114
  • macard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-21

Hi, the Behringer  webpage for this item advertises < Extensive MIDI implementation and user preset memories for instant program recalls>  however, I see no reference to user preset memories in the user manual. can someone shed some light on how to save and recall presets on the device please.

read more...
    0 171
  • Jayze
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-20

I was just after the process of sending 1 stereo signal into the the X32 say channel 1 and 2 and have that be sent to Main out 1 and 2 and then another stereo signal 3 and 4 to its own independant Main out perhaps 3 and 4 as well or even 7 and 8 if needed?

I want to run 2 stereo signals (from an Roalnd SDP drum pad that I am using for playback) through the X32 (So those signals can go to In ears) tehn back out to FOH.

Is this possble with this unit?

Thank you for any help you can give.

read more...
    0 102
    • Jayze
      DaveMorrison

@Jayze 

Yes. You can have 2nd output be just the drum module (either fixed volume of follow its channel fader) or be a separate mix with other mixes. You will need two free outputs. You would need two free mixbusses unless you are using direct outputs.

• September 20, 2019
Go to page