Behringer

Brand

Behringer

240,988 members
117,223 posts
  • ChristopherDeme
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-24

Hoping someone can help. Just had this issue and we're supposed to be heading on the road tonight.

The console is not conected to anything except main power. When powered on the x32, set to internal sync, shows i'm sync'd at 48k, and "A" shows a red square and says it's conencted to an x-32. The "B" is blank as expected.

When I plug my m32 into AES 50 A the "x-32" disppears and the "A"goes blank. I can change the internal sync to AES50 A and it goes green. to whatever my m32 was set for. The AES50 B port functions similarly but when not connected does NOT show a red x32.

I have:

- Factory reset

- Updated to 3.11 firmware (Both consoles)

- Attempted multiple reboots, shutdowns, and removal of main power

- Used multiple CAT 5e shielded cables.

- Tried two different s16 stageboxes tested with the m32 (The m32 is an install and works SAT)

I'm completely baffled. Help!?!?

read more...
    0 603
    • ChristopherDeme
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Christopher @ChristopherDeme,

What you describe is a very odd scenario. But if when connecting the M32, set as Internal sync, the X32 A sync light goes green, it is an indication that the X32 sync is not truly set to Internal, since there can only be one master clock anywhere in an X32/M32 eco-system. The other thing to check is that the S16 are set to modes 1 or 2 (SN Master light is off).

• May 24, 2019
    • ChristopherDeme
      ChristopherDeme

@Paul_Vannatto Lol, odd doesn't even begin to describe it.

In stand alone it operates as it should. No sync on AES50 A or B only internal.

When I am connected to the m32 I use the m32 as the master and x32 as a slave. I set x32 sync to AES50 A and it syncs. If I switch sync from AES50 A to AES50 B (Nothing connected) it loses sync and goes red. Switch sync back to AES50 A and it goes green again. Unplug the CAT 5e from AES50 A and it goes red again BUT the "x32" appears in the A diplay. So something is working correctly, just not the something I need. 

This one wins for craziest glitch I've seen. I wish there was an easy way to maybe flash the SW on that card or the duaghter card attached. Seems to be an odd SW mishap...maybe.

• May 24, 2019
    • ChristopherDeme
      Paul_Vannatto

@ChristopherDeme wrote:

@Paul_Vannatto 

Unplug the CAT 5e from AES50 A and it goes red again BUT the "x32" appears in the A diplay. So something is working correctly, just not the something I need. 

That is because when you unplug the cat5e cable, there is no longer any master clock in your eco-system (since the M32 was the master clock). When that happens, the X32 is in limbo state. It has to have a master clock assigned - but only one.

• May 24, 2019
    • ChristopherDeme
      ChristopherDeme

@Paul_Vannatto exactly right. So something is working properly relative to seeing or not seeing a master clock but other parts of whats happening over that interface are not fully operational. Thats what makes this so odd, I would say fun but I'm in a time crunch so less fun. Still fascinating though.

I only have a few more hours before I have to call it and get somehting else. I've put in a request with Behringer support this AM but my guess is I won't hear back in time. 

EDIT:

In testing the console further I found the ultranet port no longer functions. The plot thickens.

• May 24, 2019
    • ChristopherDeme
      ChristopherDeme

A picture for reference. Just did a factory reset and it's sitting stand alone with no connections other than main power.

IMG_3968.JPG
      • May 24, 2019
  • robnoxious
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-23

Came across an issue that has me puzzled.  I have also found this on the Midas m32.  Equipment is x32 connected via cat5 to the S16.  There are some input mono channels that are recieving signal, routed correctly, going to LR, but not going out to the speakers.  To correct, I copied/paste from a known good channel.  I compared both channels prior to copy/paste, and they are identical in the set up.  An additional bug is the LR shows meter output, but the fader is not controlling the output to the speakers.  It appears to be in an "always up" state.

I did update the firmware to the latest, 3.11 - no change in the LR fader control.  I also did a factory reset and reimported the scene from USB, same result with LR.  I am going to assume something is wrong with the scene - but - this problem is also happening with a completely different scene, in a different church, on the Midas m32.

read more...
    0 139
    • robnoxious
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Rob @robnoxious,

Welcome to the forum. What you describe could be a combination of output assignment and parallel path issues. The best way for us to help troubleshoot is for you to save one of your scenes to a file, zip it and attach it to your next response (Choose File button below). 

• May 23, 2019
    • robnoxious
      robnoxious

Attached is the zip scene in question.  Thank you for reviewing.

IMPACT.scn.zip
      • May 23, 2019
    • robnoxious
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Rob @robnoxious,

Unfortunately something glitched and that scene is empty (no OSC commands). Please try again.

• May 23, 2019
    • robnoxious
      robnoxious

Apologies for the error in first file and for delay in responding.  Attached is the most recent file.

IMPACT1.scn.zip
      • May 31, 2019
    • robnoxious
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Rob @robnoxious,

What is the Main L and R connected to? If it is the S16 (in mode 1), there is a routing problem (Routing, Out 1-6). These outputs are not assigned to any of the outputs 1-8. Main L is assigned to outputs 9 and 15, and Main R is assigned to output 16.

• May 31, 2019
  • NeilMillward
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-05-23

Has the x32-q for iphone been discontinued?  It doesn't seem to be in the app store anymore.

I have now got both the x32 compact and full sized desk - is all the software the same?  ie. same firmware, and will my x32-edit work with both?

read more...
    0 156
    • NeilMillward
      RichardYClark

Answer to your second part of the question. Yes firmware and X32 Edit common across all versions of the X32 range. 

• May 22, 2019
    • NeilMillward
      Paul_Vannatto

@NeilMillward wrote:

Has the x32-q for iphone been discontinued?  It doesn't seem to be in the app store anymore.

I have now got both the x32 compact and full sized desk - is all the software the same?  ie. same firmware, and will my x32-edit work with both?

Hi Neil, 

Good to hear from you again. The X32-Q was developed on an older development platform which is no longer supported by the newer iOS. So that is probably why they pulled it from the app store. The M32-Q should still work for both M32 and X32. But the good news is that Mixing Station has now been ported (from android) to iOS and is available on the app store. We all love using Mixing Station Pro - worth checking out.

@RichardYClark answered your second question correctly.

• May 22, 2019
  • AlRubio_Jr_
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-22

Hello!
    I have been asked to configure an X32 and S32 to provide the stage with L/R/Mono Subs & 4 Monitor Returns.
    I've been successfully able to get the monitor outputs to appear on the S32's Output jacks 1-4.
    And L/R are appearing on Output jacks 15-16.
    But while I am "metering" a mono signal at the mixer, that signal is not appearing at any of the Output jacks.

Isn't there a "default" output jack that it should appear at?
    Might there be a step at getting the Mono signal to the S32 that I am overlooking?
    Thank you for any assistance!

read more...
    0 112
    • AlRubio_Jr_
      DaveMorrison

@AlRubio_Jr_ 

Under Routing, select the Output 1-16 tab. Assign the output you want (14?) to MC

• May 22, 2019
    • AlRubio_Jr_
      AlRubio_Jr_

Almost certain that we tried doing that, but may have been on the "wrong page" or some such mistake, what with the unfamiliarity pertaining to the S32/AES50 protocols.
      Doing a lot of reading and video watching in the interim - will attempt again tomorrow.
      Thanks so much!

• May 22, 2019
    • AlRubio_Jr_
      DaveMorrison

@AlRubio_Jr_ 

The routing can be a little confusing. The Output 1-16 is an intermediate stage. You have to set it there before the AES50 can "see" it.

• May 22, 2019
  • supertwang
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-05-21

Dear Behringer,

I believe I speak for many when I ask you to please make more X32 core, single unit rack mixers.  The M32, while it may do something similar, does not have the front panel controls I need to at least minimally operate the mixer from the panel.  This includes a headphone jack.  Really???  How could you leave that off the M32 (or any mixer for that matter???)  The essential features the M32 lacks make the current iteration completely undesirable - I just can't bring myself to buy it.  And, I'll bet it isn't selling very well.  Please rectify that with a version 2, or re-release the x32 core.

I'm currently rocking an XR18 and an XR12.  I LOVE THE LINE, but with a moderate table full of synths/fx, I am outgrowing the limited channel counts -- Ineed more inputs and sends.  More importantly, I need a unified mixer view on the computer.  I have a really hacky signal path due to this being two separate mixers, trying to be on unified one.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a good upgrade path for me within your lines of digital mixers.  Specifically, I have little to no rack space -- I could probably fit 1U (sideways along the desk?), but otherwise have no rack.  I also rely on the stagebox form factor, tucked away in the back of my music desk to keep my connections hidden and tidy.   The combo of x32 core + SD16 + SD16 is what I'd immediately buy if I could. (or an improved v2 m32).  

Please help!

Best

ST

read more...
    0 126
    • supertwang
      RyanFinch

I've got a sneaky suspicion that will never happen.

When I finally got a used Core I almost immediately replaced it with a Rack. 

• July 14, 2019
  • McElviss
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-21

We have an Xr-16, we're a three piece rock band playing bars, and we usually self-engineer. What are our options for connecting an actual desk wwith controls you can see and get hold of rather than using a tablet or a laptop?

0 231
    • McElviss
      RexBeckett

Hi @McElviss ,

An X-Touch controller would give you a physical surface most like that of a mixing desk. The motorized faders, bank switching and LCD scribble-strips make it quite easy to use for live mixing.

• May 21, 2019
    • McElviss
      DaveMorrison

@McElviss 

What Rex said. And you can run more than one X-Touch at the same time (not the extender).

• May 21, 2019
    • McElviss
      DaveMorrison

@McElviss 

1. Scribble Strips

2. Motorized Faders

3. Connection via Ethernet or MIDI

4. Simultaneous Control of the XR16s faders and transport controls of a DAW

5. Access to all channels, Busses, and FX returns with a push of the bank buttons (Faders and scribble strips follow the changes)

6. Sends-on-Fader for all Aux Busses (they can't be controlled via MIDI)

7. More resolution from the faders (not just the 128 steps of a MIDI continuous controller)

8. No Programming

A generic MIDI controller can control faders and panning. If it send OSC, you can control nearly anything.

When I'm mixing and playing guitar, I bring my X-Touch because it's easy to make changes. And the faders always show the true state of the mixer. Changing a monitor level is simple.

• May 23, 2019
    • McElviss
      McElviss

How about the X Touch mini? Would that give us basic volume/EQ/Aux Send control on the fly? And plug straight in with no programming?

• May 23, 2019
    • McElviss
      RexBeckett

@McElviss wrote:

How about the X Touch mini? Would that give us basic volume/EQ/Aux Send control on the fly? And plug straight in with no programming?

@McElviss 

You could use an X-Touch Mini connected to a tablet running Mixing Station XAir (MSX). MSX can learn and associate Midi messages with most mixer controls. This has the advantage of providing good visual monitoring of the various controls.

You could also connect an X-Touch Mini to an XAir via a USB/Midi converter. See this thread. The XAir Midi implementation only supports basic faders, masters and mutes - so not EQ. Some programming of the X-Touch Mini is required. This technique works but it is much more limited than a full X-Touch.

• May 23, 2019
  • horder2344
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-05-20

Hi. If I connect my new MS 101 to my behringer 6 channel mixer using a mono jack output cable to twin left right stereo input on my mixer I get really bad feedback coming though the speakers. If I switch the cable to mono Jack out to mono Jack in on the mixer its completely fine. I have tried different cables and each time if I use a mono to stereo its gets really loud feedback. Does this sound like a faulty unit? Thanks.

read more...
    1 154
    • horder2344
      RonaldFigura

I don't know for sure, but if the MS 101 output is mono, using a mono to stereo adapter cable will not yield desireable results. This is why most mixers and/or amplifiers have a "left/mono input. You cannot get stereo from a mono source. Most older synths (Minimoog, ARP Odyssey, etc) were mono. 

• July 8, 2019
  • dapeaceman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-05-20

Anyone know how to put an effect to four different singers?  Say I wanted them all to sound like the chipmunks, how would I put that FX on each of the four singers?

0 81
  • forart
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-05-17

Hi everyone, since Behringer studio amplifiers are often used in home HiFi too, someone made an unofficial DIY kit to convert their look:

A500_hifikit_1.jpg

The main problem - since it's CNC manufactured - is the cost (around 120€)...

...it would be great if Behringer release an OFFICIAL "look conversion kit" at a reasonable price (50€ or even less) !

read more...
    1 445
  • alienbee
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-17

Equipment: XR12 . Ehternet
    Went into windows to start a recording session, opened up the  X-Air Edit app, went into start a new snapshot, loaded up one from our list used a while ago, to start up a fresh session. and for a second or so I went to grab my coffee behind me and turn back around and the app was gone off the desktop. I went to fire it back up thinking maybe I closed it by accedent, so I went to load it again, dubble clicked the icon, and it closed before I could see anything, tried it again, same thing. grabed my ipad, switched to "Access Point" - went right in. everything looked normal..so I went and did "initialize mixer" to see if i can kick start the app back to working. turned it back to Ethernet after restarting the mixer..went to windows and clicked app to start and..nothing..same behavior. closed before anything showed on the screen. 

ok so..i have a linux manjaro box on the same system..went into that, used the app for linux and it fired right [email protected][email protected] ..
    went to snapshots and clicked the same template to start a session as we did before..(used this a few times before to start sessions). so the app closed down in linux too.. and i couldnt restart it just like in windows.

went and downloaded the app again for linux and windows...treid fresh apps on both. same crash..
    pushed the pin to rest the XR12 for 2 seconds...and for 10, as mentioned int the manual..
    windows and linux apps dont load..
    but im able to load in with "Access Point" using my ipad.
    ??
    what in the hell is going on?
    anyone can help?

read more...
    0 375
    • alienbee
      alienbee odd thing is ..i used to be able to open the app when the mixer was off too.. not able to even start it when its off now..in linux and windwos
      • May 17, 2019
    • alienbee
      alienbee I went and enabled view of hidden files in my Linux box, and found a folder with X-Air stuff. Deleted all the files, and NOW the App works again for Linux!!

going now to hunt for the folder inside of windows.

• May 17, 2019
    • alienbee
      alienbee

Ok found a fix!
      Windows 10  (replace "folder" for your own user name for that folder)

C:\Users\"folder"\AppData\Roaming\X-AIR-Edit

I deleted all files here
      "
      X-AIREdit.init
      X-AIREdit.keys
      "
      restarted App

all fixed

• May 17, 2019
    • alienbee
      RexBeckett

Hi @alienbee , welcome to the community.

As you have discovered, it is possible for a bad setting in X-AIREdit.init to cause XAir Edit to crash - even when used offline. It is interesting that your Linux system caught the same problem. That suggests it must have been triggered by something in the XR12 settings. Perhaps the snapshot you loaded has got corrupted and should be deleted or replaced.

Thanks for sharing your solution.

• May 17, 2019
Go to page