Behringer

Brand

Behringer

250,604 members
127,784 posts
  • paul_whitehurst
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-02

My amp powered off.  I replaced the fuse.  No sound.  I think it's in protect mode.  The display lights.  The light rings around the volume knobs are lit.  When I turn the power on the fan runs for one second and shuts down.

Is this protect mode?  How do I get it out of protect mode?

Thanks, Paul

read more...
    0 210
  • HeikoKnuettel
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-02

Why? 

0 148
  • HeikoKnuettel
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-02

It should let me configure the D, the Odyssey and the VC340.

VC340: Synth found, but update not possible ("Failed, check network and press to retry")

Model D: Synth is not found

Odyssey: Synth is not found

All synths are present in the device manager and can be played via MIDI or USB.

read more...
    0 2,234
    • HeikoKnuettel
      DannyBudts

It has nothing to do with the synths themselves but with some computer systems. I had the same problem. I closed all other audio us-drivers in the device manager, than the synths were recognised, I could update, I opened all drivers again...fine.

I opened a case for it, the asked me for all details, they are aware of it and they are working on it. 

Hope this also works for you. 

• October 2, 2019
    • HeikoKnuettel
      HeikoKnuettel

Thank you very much, that worked!

I hope they get rid of this auto-selection of synths. Even if it worked (which obviously isn't the case) it is annoying if you have more than one synth, you always have to turn the others off.

• October 2, 2019
    • HeikoKnuettel
      ChrisRose

It's not working here for me either. The Synth Tool sees that my Model D is connected, but when I click on "Update" all I see is version 1.1.1 and a box beneath that which says "Loading".

Nothing happens for about a minute, then I receive the same message: "Failed, check network and press to retry."

Capture.JPG

I've tried this on two separate PC's, both connected to the interent, and I get the same result on both machines. One is running Windows 10 64 Bit (latest version) and the other is running Windows 7 64 Bit (latest version). 

• October 3, 2019
    • HeikoKnuettel
      HeikoKnuettel

Update doesn't work for me either, on none of the 3 synths. Deactivating other drivers helped so that the tool at least found them.

I added a rule for the windows firewall, but to no avail, updating doesn't work.

My D is on Firmware 1.1.1 too.

• October 3, 2019
    • HeikoKnuettel
      Talos

It see's my Odyssey and I can change all the settings and sequences but when I go to the update page I just get ("Failed, check network and press to retry")

Please release the OS updates seperately till the synth tool is fixed, and the rest of the settings as sysex

• October 5, 2019
  • luchenbe
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-02

Hi, I use the DCX2496 PC software to control 2 daisy-chained DCX-es, the first connected via RS-232 to a PC running Windows 10 and an RS-485 link between the first and the second DCX. This works fine if I use a PC with a normal serial port, but on recent  notebooks without a serial port it does only see the first DCX when used with a USB-serial converter (I tried 2) . This is for both the older version of the DCX as for the latest generation. Maybe the DCX2496 terminal software does not work correctly with such adapters ? Is there a solution to this annoying problem or can Behringer adapt the terminal software (I use version 1.16a) so that it would work with such a setup?

read more...
    0 186
  • Switchs
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-02

I don’t understand how to control what channels and which effects go to the monitors.

0 326
    • Switchs
      DaveMorrison

Hi @Switchs Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 12.09.42 PM.pngPush the Bus 1 button shown in the picture. Raise the faders for the channels you want to send to the bus. Push Main LR when you're done and want to resume "normal" mixing.

By default Bus 1 is routed to Aux out 1; this can be changed.

• October 2, 2019
    • Switchs
      Switchs

Thanks for your reply, you‘re very kind.

Howerver, I was refering to the „bus“ that is routed by default to the headphone jack in the front of the unit.

I understand you can route any bus you want to the jack, but by default, what is being routed to that bus? How do I change the levels for this bus? Are they the same as the main levels?

• October 2, 2019
  • MacMcIlvaine
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-02

I was doing some testing and only had on mic. So I plugged it into in 1 and selected it as the source for fader 1, 2, and 3.

The card is set for 8in/8out. Card out set to in 1-8.

Eight channels show up in the recording software.

But, only the first gets the mic.

So, I slogged out two more mics and plugged them into in 2 and 3 and set the source for faders 2 and 3 accordingly.

Now I get mic 1 on card out 1, mic 2 on card out 2, mic 3 on card out 3.

So, what's wrong with the first setup?

read more...
    0 143
    • MacMcIlvaine
      DaveMorrison

@MacMcIlvaine 

When the source is Local 1-8 under Card Output tab the signal is tapped from the preamp. When the source is Out 1-8 then the Output 1-16 tab comes into play. Input/LC is the preamp, thus remap doesn't work. Anything else will tap from the channel strip. Try Pre EQ.

• October 2, 2019
    • MacMcIlvaine
      MacMcIlvaine

Ok, I see.

I tried Out 1-8 and pre EQ...didn't change. (I tried the other taps as well.)

In any case it's not something I need to do. It was just being lazy, not going and getting a couple more mics.

(And, I was testing something unrelated, just needed 3 source channels. )

Thanks,

Mac

• October 2, 2019
    • MacMcIlvaine
      DaveMorrison

@MacMcIlvaine 

Hmm. It's always good to learn something new. Let's ask Paul @Paul_Vannatto 

• October 2, 2019
    • MacMcIlvaine
      Paul_Vannatto

Dave's (@DaveMorrison) explanation was correct, but not complete. On the Out 1-16 screen, you need to assign the DirOut Ch 01 to the first output, DirOut Ch 02 to the second output, etc. and assign the tap to something other than IN/LC. Then it will work.

• October 2, 2019
  • T_ScottSmith
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-01

Hello all,

I am hoping to get help figuring out what I have routed wrong on one of my sends on my X32.

I have an X32 feeding 9-P16M's via ultranet. I have 2 drum channels (11/12) which I have tapped at In/LC and sent to Mix 1 on the mixbus which I have routed to P16 Channel 12.  my issue is when I mute sliders 11/12 I lose my signal to Mix 1 even though I have tapped them at In/LC, which by my understanding should be a send before all processing and muting. I am certain this is a simple issue I just dont know where to look for a solution. Thank you in advance for your time.

read more...
    0 152
    • T_ScottSmith
      T_ScottSmith

I suppose I should explain my goal. I want to be able to mute the drum FOH but for the druumer to still have ears. With the current configuration this is appears to be a hard no.... is it possible to to get this control. I know and have tested that anything going directly to the P16's is there still if muted. but i'm assuming because I have combined them in a mix on the mixbus so as to only use 1 channel of the P16 for drums that whenever I mute the input it also mutes the sends respective to that input... : (

• October 1, 2019
    • T_ScottSmith
      Paul_Vannatto

@T_ScottSmith wrote:

my issue is when I mute sliders 11/12 I lose my signal to Mix 1 even though I have tapped them at In/LC, which by my understanding should be a send before all processing and muting.

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forum. When you use a mixbus to feed a P16 channel, you are actually dealing with 2 sets of tap points. The channel sends (11/12) have taps (Input, Pre EQ, Post EQ, Pre Fader, Post Fader and Subgroup) and the mixbus assignment to the Ultranet output (In/LC, In/LC+Mute, Pre EQ, Pre EQ+Mute, etc.). The latter is with respect to the mixbus master fader. But there is one little "gotcha" with how the X32 is designed. The channel mutes always mutes the channel sends to the mixbus (unfortunately). Many moons ago I had a lengthy discussion about this and recommended that they add the +Mutes options to the channel sends, like they did with the output assignments so that users could mute FOH and still have the signals at the monitors. I was told no, that was not necessary.

The workaround to this is instead of muting individual channels, assign them to a DCA - then mute/unmute the DCA. DCA only affects FOH not sends to mixbuses.

• October 1, 2019
  • sarahm
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-01

I have an X32 Producer and I have several noisy channels which I can't use.  It's there even with nothing plugged into the XLR input.  It seems to be connected to the 48V phantom power.  On some channels it only occurs with phantom on, on others it is there all the time but worse with phantom on.

read more...
    0 277
    • sarahm
      KenMitchell

Hi Sarah ( @sarahm ), 

Welcome to the community. It sounds like you might have some of the channel gains set really high but the best way for us to help is for you to save and post a scene file of your settings. 

Ken

• October 1, 2019
    • sarahm
      sarahm

Hi Ken. Thanks for your reply.

The problem happens even with the gain set as low as it will go.  Adjusting the gain doesn't make much difference to the level of the noise, but does induce loud pops.

Scene file attached.

A.scn
      • October 1, 2019
    • sarahm
      SethUldall

@sarahm 

In that scene, which inputs are noisy and which are 100% clean?  All of them?  Some of them?  

Is it only the onboard inputs?  Or, does it also occur on the same channels if they're assigned to get signal from and AES50 or Card Source?

If it is the onboard inputs only, does the noise move to other good channels assigned that (those) input/s?  For instance, if you assigned onboard inputs 1-16 to channels 17-32, do the troubled inputs behave the same way, in the same order?

• October 2, 2019
    • sarahm
      sarahm

Initially it was just channel 1 that was noisy, but it has spread like a disease and is now affecting inputs 1-8.  Channel 3 is the worst.

The problem follows wherever the onboard inputs are routed.  If I assign inputs 1-8 to channels 9-16, then channels 9-16 are noisy.  If I route AES50 inputs to channels 1-8, then they are quiet.

• October 3, 2019
    • sarahm
      SethUldall

@sarahm 

I don't know these consoles as well as some.  But, I didn't see any settings in the scene you posted that looked out of place.  No FX loops, gains all low, etc.  Unfortunately, it seems to be a hardware issue and will need repair.

• October 4, 2019
  • Buchanfarmer
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-01

I have an MDX 4400 from brand new but I can’t find the documentation of how to use it.

serial no - M0132161043, date code -109.

please where can I find the docs to download?

thanks, Doug.

0 230
  • Ribos
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-29

It's been two weeks since my support case was opened (number 01011144), and I haven't heard a word from Behringer since the automated email. I looked back at the case tonight and saw it has status "Deferred." What exactly does that mean?

I'm a quality engineer for my day job, so I understand that responding "within one business day" isn't always feasible. But two weeks without so much as a "sorry, we're overloaded right now and will be with you soon!" is not great customer service.

(And yes, I've checked my spam folder, and nothing has ended up in there.)

read more...
    0 387
    • Ribos
      TC-Mike

Hi Ribos,

due to work load the usual response times mioght not be met always, but 2 weeks seems like a long time. 

I'll reach out to my support colleagues and check status....

Cheers,

Mike

• September 29, 2019
    • Ribos
      Ribos

Thanks, Mike! I'm looking forward to a solution on this. I love the Neutron, but I can't add it to my eurorack rig when the output face jack doesn't output!

• September 30, 2019
    • Ribos
      TC-Mike

Hi Ribos, 

i'll let you know when i hear back. 

Feel free to post an error description and some info on your setup. There are many Neutron users here and somebody might know a solution to your problem. 

do you use the Neutron in its own enclosure or have you transplanted it to a eurorack case ? 

if in an eurorack case with other modules.. how have you cabled your setup ? is the neutron output going to an eurorack mixer module? is it CV/Gatre triggered by any other modules?  

is the output fine when using it standalone? (eg do you get signal when just turning hte VCA bias up while filter is opened (this should give you a drone (continous output) without the need to trigger the VCA to hear the Neutron output.

Cheers,

Mike

• September 30, 2019
    • Ribos
      Ribos

Hi Mike,

I've been using it standalone, but noticed the output jack on the faceplate wasn't working when I tried to mount it in my eurorack rig. When used standalone, I was always using the 1/4" line out on the back, which is why I didn't notice earlier. I've verified that the faceplate output doesn't work even when the unit is housed in its desktop case, and that I can get sound from the 1/4" output but not the faceplate output with the same patching.

Jeffrey did reach out to me via email... I hope replying to the email actually works and it reaches him. Corroborating mmisound's post, I tried calling the phone number listed in the email, and just got a busy signal.

• October 2, 2019
Go to page