Behringer

Brand

Behringer

249,699 members
126,752 posts
  • Oskoskosk88
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-13

Hi! I´m a guitarist who just ordered the Behringer K-2. What keys can I connect to it? I have a Komplete Kontrol A49, will this work?

Thanks!

Osk 

0 146
  • Captaincoles
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-11

ive been trying to get an issue resolved with an S32 stagebox from Behringr for over a year now. the thing wont put out 48v from channels 17-32 even tho the light illuminate. i think i'm up to 6 different tickets now. each time a representative contacts me in a very professional manner (not having a go there) but i cant reply to any of these people!!! its INSANE!! all the emails are "[email protected]" or [email protected] - i replyed to this one only to recieve an email saying you cant reply here anymore weve turned it off!!! am i missing something or has anyone else torn most of their hair out too over this??? seriously considering moving to another brand

read more...
    0 286
    • Captaincoles
      Paul_Vannatto

@Captaincoles wrote:

ive been trying to get an issue resolved with an S32 stagebox from Behringr for over a year now. 

I've just sent this to someone who may be able to help.

• September 11, 2019
    • Captaincoles
      Captaincoles

dont worry about getting anyone to contact me. i finally got through to the returns step and i was told that my unit is out of warranty. i should point out that it wasnt out of warranty when i started this process. its been going on so long. so as i previously said - TERRIBLE SERVICE

• September 11, 2019
    • Captaincoles
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @Captaincoles 

Please message me your case number and let me see what I can do. If you were in fact still covered under warranty when you originally contacted us I will see that we honor it. 

• September 12, 2019
  • bmarcurella
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-11

I have purchased a few products. Motor 61 being one of them and cannot seem to get anyone to respond. Phones are always busy and no one responds to email. 

1) Is there any accountability around this? You need to get a new PBX and Contact Center at this rate because your lines should not be tied up like that. 

read more...
    0 163
    • bmarcurella
      KenMitchell

Hi Brandon ( @bmarcurella ), 

Welcome to the community.  Are you outside the US?  When I call the US Support number I get a message that tells me to go to the support website and fill out the support request form. 

https://www.behringer.com/brand/behringer/support#googtrans(en|en)

This now appears to be the only way to get technical support.  After filling out the form, you should get an email reply with a case #.  If you don't, check your spam folder.  The email will tell you that someone will contact you within one business day.  Be patient.  That time has been getting longer and longer. Several days and even weeks at this point.  

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• September 11, 2019
  • kesha1
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-11

The X Air manual says that 18 channel recording could be done from the X18 to a USB recorder (not sure what multi channel USB recorder they mean).

Does it mean that X18 could be used as an 18 channel sound card with Ableton Live, and all the live instruments connected to the X18 inputs can be mixed and processed in Ableton Live?

Thank you.

read more...
    0 462
    • kesha1
      Paul_Vannatto

@kesha1 wrote:

Does it mean that X18 could be used as an 18 channel sound card with Ableton Live, and all the live instruments connected to the X18 inputs can be mixed and processed in Ableton Live?

Yes that is correct Charles. I use Reaper to do the same thing. If you are using a Mac or linux box, the X18 is Core compliant, meaning that added drivers are not required. If you are using a Windows PC, you will need to download and install the ASIO drivers (found here). Then in X-Air Edit, you assign the desired channels in the In/Out, USB Sends screen.

• September 10, 2019
    • kesha1
      kesha1

Thank you for your reply.

I am at the USB Sends screen, but I don't know how to assign some channels to play in Ableton Live. What should I click on?

• September 11, 2019
    • kesha1
      Paul_Vannatto

@kesha1 wrote:

I am at the USB Sends screen, but I don't know how to assign some channels to play in Ableton Live. What should I click on?

The USB Sends screen is a grid of USB outputs (left side) and input selection (top). The circles represent the assignments. The default is 1 to 1 (USB 1 assigned channel 1, tapped analog). The taps (bottom reference) are where in the signal path the signal is extracted to go out the USB channels. Analog is tapped just after the preamps (no channel processing). To change the taps, right click on the circle and select the taps.

• September 11, 2019
    • kesha1
      feet

Just got my XR18 today, lined up USB playback from DAW - using the EDIT program, very loud- I dont see any output on MAIN meters (aux yes)  and no adjustent of main sliders or channel sliders make any difference. Its as if Ive bypassed the mixer straight to main outs.

Do I need to make adjustment somewhere else in the mixer EDIT program to be able to see and control the output level?

• September 27, 2019
    • kesha1
      RexBeckett

@feet wrote:

Just got my XR18 today, lined up USB playback from DAW - using the EDIT program, very loud- I dont see any output on MAIN meters (aux yes)  and no adjustent of main sliders or channel sliders make any difference. Its as if Ive bypassed the mixer straight to main outs.

Do I need to make adjustment somewhere else in the mixer EDIT program to be able to see and control the output level?

@feet 

Hi Finlay, welcome to the community.

This could be a routing issue in the XR18. If you select a USB pair as the source for Main on the In/Out -> Main Out page, you will have no control of the output volume. Instead, set Main to Main LR and route the USB returns to channels or Aux using the In/Out -> USB Returns page. Then you can switch the channels to use the USB return on their Input tab - or use the USB Plugin button on the In/Out -> USB Returns page which switches all channes to USB. The Off (Analog) button switches all channels back to analogue inputs.

• September 27, 2019
  • kesha1
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-11

What I saw in a video was once X Touch is connected to X18 through an ethernet cable in Xct1 mode, the little channel displays will show the numbers of the X18 channels: 1, 2, 3, etc.

Once I connect the X Touch to the Ableton Live in MC mode the little channel displays show the names of the AL channels.

What I understand about the dual Xct1/Mc mode is that it is designed to make X Touch work with an X Air and a DAW.

So, once the X Touch is connected through an ethernet cable to X Air, and throgh USB to Ableton, what will be displayed in the channel displays: the Ableton names or the X Air channel numbers? Or both (hopefully)?

The whole idea to get the X Touch and X Air was to get the Ableton instruments and the live (connected to the X Air inputs) instruments in one mixing setup. Will it work like that?

Thank you.

read more...
    0 264
    • kesha1
      DaveMorrison

@kesha1 

Press the SMPTE/Beats button to toogle between DAW and xctl mode.

Now you can see either by simply pushing a button.

• September 11, 2019
    • kesha1
      kesha1

Is there such button on X Touch?

• September 11, 2019
  • RobertRothe
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-10

I'm looking at the X1222USB analog mixer.  The specs say that it has 4 mic preamps which are controlled by the gain knobs on channels 1-4.  However, there are also gain knobs on channels 5-12.  In the manual it says these knobs: "+20 to -20 dB scale shows the sensitivity for the corresponding input level that is applied to the line input."   Do these channels also have preamps (but not 'mic' preamps)? 

read more...
    0 133
    • RobertRothe
      DaveMorrison

@RobertRothe wrote:

Do these channels also have preamps (but not 'mic' preamps)? 

In a sense yes, but it's just an amplification stage. A microphone pre-amp raises the mic's very small signal up to line level.

• September 10, 2019
  • bdenny20
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-10

Having an issue with a new UMC204HD interface I bought so I could have a nice sounding microphone on Discord.  Let me preface by saying that I am not an exceptionally knowledgeable audiophile, but just an amateur hobbyist in this department.

The two issues I am having is:

1. Audio cuts out once every 3-5 minutes for only a second.  You can hear two faint clicks in the headphones and audio comes back.  Normally this is tolerable, with the exception of when in Ableton.  Once it cuts out and comes back, I lose audio in Ableton until I restart the program.  Not ideal.
    2. I have no audio on Chrome.  The Chrome playback appears in the volume mixer for HD Playback on the motherboard sound card, but it will not show up in the volume mixer for the UMC204HD.  I have the Behringer set as default.  I have manually pointed Chrome to the 204HD as well as default, no change.  I get audio everywhere else.  I'm using Microsoft Edge for Youtube at the moment.

What I did was plugged the 204HD into the computer via USB.  The microphone goes into the XLR port, and the headphones went into the 204HD.  I went to the website and installed the 4.59 drivers.  After installation, the device manager showed 'Unknown devices' instead of the 204HD and I had no 204HD input/output options.  Right clicking and allowing Windows to locate updated drivers installed a driver with the version number 10.0.18362.207.

After that, I have the audio working to the described scenario.  In device manager, I'm still showing these two issues:   

Allowing Windows to search for a driver under the Other Devices was not successful.  Searching for the one under Sound Controllers  only resulted in me being told I have the latest drivers.  

I'm not sure what to do next, I thought I had a couple leads with Google, but nothing panned out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

read more...
    1 499
    • bdenny20
      ust

Hello.

You should uninstall the drivers and disable all other sound processors like onboard soundcard, nvidia hd audio or any other hdmi targeted sound drivers etc. 

So behringer must work all alone. I know i am new, but i searched a lot on reddit etc. 

After all, i bought the interface and did everything like i said, and then i installed the latest drivers from support page, while in the next step of installing, you will be warned that you should connect the device or connect later.. I advice you to connect right there; not before or after.

For now everything is ok, i did try every activity i did before i buy the interface. Youtube etc. 
      I even played guitar over a song listening by YouTube. (that's the most issue people talks about).

Recorded guitar in Reaper. Sound never stopped. 

The only thing i didn't like is the depth noise. It is more than i expected. Even if midas preamps does that, i can't recognise the Xenyx ones...

Have a nice day.

• October 8, 2019
  • PeterGunnar
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-10
    0 336
    • PeterGunnar
      PeterGunnar

Hi all just having an issue I can’t work out, I’m new so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I did a search before asking. I have a X32 full desk linked up to 2 x s16’s all setting are correct and everything works fine except for one input (#3) on the first s16 all other inputs and out puts work on both s16.

i get a signal on the desk when I plug a mic In input 3 but no sound, it’s not muted and all settings seem to be ok. It’s doing my head in as every other channel works perfectly. Can anyone suggest what I’m missing or doing wrong here.

Thanks Peter.

• September 9, 2019
    • PeterGunnar
      RexBeckett

@PeterGunnar 

Hello Peter, welcome to the forum.

The fastest way for us to help is to look at your X32 scene. Save the scene and attach the .scn file to your post. See Choose File button below.

• September 9, 2019
    • PeterGunnar
      PeterGunnar

Thanks for the tip, I didn’t think I had anything stored in scenes, I’ll check and post up here if there is any save

Peter. ?

• September 9, 2019
    • PeterGunnar
      Paul_Vannatto

@PeterGunnar wrote:

Thanks for the tip, I didn’t think I had anything stored in scenes, I’ll check and post up here if there is any save

Whatever your current settings are, save to a scene. Then use the Utility button to export that scene to a file - or use X32-Edit on your PC (Windows, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi). Then as Rex mentioned, attach to your next post.

• September 9, 2019
    • PeterGunnar
      SethUldall

@PeterGunnar 

Peter, I'm going to take a wild guess and recommend you check your output tab for channel 3.  Is the "Main Stereo LR" button highlited?  If not, click it and you should get your audio.

• September 10, 2019
  • SynthGuru
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-07

When I backup my DeepMind patches to my computer, the load them into the DeepMind, all patches "pitch bend range" change to -22 and +22. Others have complained about this. What is the solution?

0 130
    • SynthGuru
      mauronedj

I have the same problem, I think both the Ipad and the Windows app are broken as far as saving and importing presets (tried with MidiOX and all worked flawlessy1).

There are a lot of tutorial for using MidiOX and it's even explained in the manual so you should be pretty much set! Only downside is that if you backup a whole bank (say bank B) you always need to restore the bank on bank B with Sysex importing!

• September 16, 2019
    • SynthGuru
      kensh999

I know this reply is a bit late, but the latest 1.0.5 application version DOES fix that issue, which is a big relief!  Thanks to the software folks at Behringer.

• February 1, 2020
  • kesha1
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-07

I followed the procedure: on X Touch reboot with Ch 1 Select button held down: I choose XCT1, Network, DHCP, DHCP On, then pressed Scan, but nothing was found.

I did everything like on this video:     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrwHcPCH8Vo

The switcher on the X18 is in the Ethernet position.

I did reset of the X Air.

I tried the best expensive ethernet cable.

The X Air is working perfectly through the WiFi connection, but I can't figure out what else should I do to make them work connected through the Ethernet cable.

Please help.

read more...
    0 311
    • kesha1
      KenMitchell

Hi Charlies ( @kesha1 ), 

Welcome to the community.   In your setup, what is functioning as the DHCP server?  If you don't have a router wired in your setup, make sure you have the X18 configured to act as a DHCP server as well.  You can do this by going into Setup->LAN, and making sure the LAN Mode is setup to DHCP Server. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• September 7, 2019
    • kesha1
      kesha1

1. I switched the X18 to Access Point, and in the Xair app in my computer switched LAN Mode into the DHCP server.

2. Switched the X18 back to the Ethernet mode. Pressed Scan on the X Touch, but again nothing was found.

What should I do to make the X Touch connect to the X Air through the Ethernet?

• September 7, 2019
    • kesha1
      KenMitchell

Try power cycling the X-Touch. I'm not sure if it resends DHCP Discovery periodically or only at boot up. 

Ken

• September 7, 2019
    • kesha1
      kesha1

The power cycling didn't help.

• September 7, 2019
    • kesha1
      DJZero

You are probably better off to go drop 20 bucks at guitar center and get a midi cable.

• October 3, 2019
Go to page