Behringer

Brand

Behringer

250,909 members
128,128 posts
  • Nipty303
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-27

Hi all, does anyone have any idea on when the Pro 1 (or Pro One) synthesizer is going to be released? It's the one synth from Behringer that I have been waiting for more than any other since announced a while back. If it's as close to the Mini Moog Model D as the Behringer D then it should sell loads, the Pro One is still my favourite mono synth of all time.  

read more...
    0 144
  • ConnorHolden
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-27

Hi Guys,

Loving my X Touch and wanting to connect some footswitches but can't find any info on what is compatible.

I have a couple of non-latching switches, but they don't seem to be working...

Any advice?

read more...
    0 256
    • ConnorHolden
      RexBeckett

@ConnorHolden 

What are you controlling with the XTouch? I believe the footswitch and expression inputs only work in MC and HUI modes - controlling a DAW. The footswitches would normally be momentary (non-latching).

• September 27, 2019
  • FilipeNunes
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-27

hello good afternoon everyone
    I have a big problem on my x32 rack
    The problem is as follows
    At entrance 14 I always have 48v
    I can't disable it at all
    Ie neither physically nor remotely via pc
    read more...
    0 187
    • FilipeNunes
      RexBeckett

@FilipeNunes 

That sounds like a hardware fault. It should still be OK for most balanced mics. I would contact your supplier to organize repair.

• September 27, 2019
    • FilipeNunes
      FilipeNunes

Yes with overhead microphones or other equipment requiring phantom power supply works well
      But I am looking for someone who can directly tell you which electronic component the problem may be in so that you can replace it because the x32 rack is no longer under warranty and I have no contact from someone competent to solve this problem

• September 27, 2019
  • guyrhansen
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-26

when sending the main mix to the control room we are getting buzzing noise through the headphone jack at control room volume levels high enough to hear reasonably well.  I tried disconnecting the main mix output cables as well as the control room output cables.  The sound disappears when the main mix to control room button is not depressed.

Thoughts?

read more...
    0 99
    • guyrhansen
      RexBeckett

@guyrhansen 

Hello Guy, welcome to the community.

Let me check my understanding: You hear the buzz on the mixer's headphone output when you have monitor speakers connected to the control room outputs and the Main Mix to Phones/CTRL RM button pressed?

Do you still hear the buzz if you disconnect the control room outputs?

Do you still hear the buzz if you disconnect the main outputs?

Does it make any difference if you pull the Main Mix faders down?

• September 26, 2019
  • PeterDeClippel
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-26

Hi,

I remember seeing somewhere you can switch the x touch between using it as a mixer controller (XR18) and a DAW controller. But I don't remember and can't find it...

Is this possible? I work with ableton live and use the XR18 as audio interface. I need control both over the interface and ableton live, and it would be awesome to do this with 1 controller!

thanks

read more...
    0 261
    • PeterDeClippel
      DaveMorrison

@PeterDeClippel 

Yes. Hold down Select on channel 1 as you power up. Then choose Xctl/MC (and the networking mode or MIDI DIN connection to the XR18). 

Press the SMPTE/Beats button to switch between XR18 and DAW.

• September 26, 2019
  • gtcode
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-25

Hi, I haven't bought a P16-m yet. Will the bracket P16-mb allow the P16-m to be mounted to a high hat stand with the unit facing the drummer at a reasonable angle?

Also I looked online but wasn't able to find any info on the mounting holes. I'd like to devise a custom mounting solution if the bracket won't work, before buying it. Anyone have info on this?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 246
    • gtcode
      gtcode

Just answering my own questions. From a photo I found it looks as though the P16-mb will work fine with a High Hat stand.

• September 25, 2019
  • sgagnon
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-24

Hi folks,

Let me quickly explain what I'm trying to do and would like to have function. We're a Irish pub and our x32 feeds the main PA, two outdoor speakers (seperate outputs) and a PC for livestream via USB.

We use an iPod for playback on aux 1-2 and I'm always fighting with the bar staff to leave the LR and outdoor speaker faders at a certain level. The outdoor matrix channels and online bus were both fed pre-fader from the main LR.

Some days i'll come in and find the ipod at -10, the mains at -40 and the outdoors at -30/40 or the ipod at -40, the mains at -10 and the outdoor speakers at +10.. It's quite iritating.

So what I'd done is sent the band/fx channels post fader to it's own bus submix and the ipod pre-fader to it's own bus. These two stereo submixes are then sent to the outdoor speakers giving independent control to the outdoor speakers. 

I've also sent another post-fader mix of the band/fx channels and pre-fader send of the ipod to a bus for the livestream which is then sent to the USB output pre-fader/mute so that no physical change the bus faders affects the online feed. 

What I want to make fool proof and easy is the iPod volume. This board is operated by 10-20 staff and many musicians without the presence a sound tech. When a staff member or musican forgets to mute the ipod aux channels, well you guessed it, you have music playing over a band online/outside and no one knows the difference unless told.

What would be grand is it when a fader hits -oo it could auto mute itself and then unmute automatically when increased. This would be a selectable channel option obviously as you wouldn't want this behaviour on all faders.

I'm probably creating a whole lot of grief for myself in doing all of this but I've had better results with the outdoor/online levels this way than how it was previously routed. I just need a fool proof way to get the bused ipod signal turned off when needed. And you might say.. "set up a mute group for all ipod channels and buses".. Yes that's fine and dandy until someone doesn't use the mute group button to unmute and only unmutes the ipod auxes for the house. It's happened.

I'm open to suggestions on how to make it work better but that feature would grand in our situation.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 414
    • sgagnon
      GaryHiggins

@sgagnonDid you happen to try enabling 'hard mute' (on the setup/mixer page, X32-Edit)? If you then mute aux ch's 1/2 they will remain muted regardless of other mute/unmute key operations elsewhere on the mixer.

• September 25, 2019
    • sgagnon
      sgagnon

GaryHiggins I just tried it and it's a nice feature but it's a global setting and because we use mute groups for the band and fx channels I would't be able to use this strictly for the ipod aux channels from what I can see.

Unless Behringer feel an auto mute function would be benificial to more people than just myself I think my only option is to ingrain with staff/musicians the fact that the ipod channels NEED to be muted/unmuted all the time.

• September 25, 2019
    • sgagnon
      SethUldall

@sgagnon 

I'm not sure that I understand your issue completely.  But, would it possibly help if you configured the gate on the MP3 channels as a ducker?  Very low threashold, longest hold and release, sidechained/keyed by a channel that would have input while a band is performing... a microphone perhaps.

This would automattically, effectively "mute" the MP3 track while bands are performing... and automattically "un-mute" when there's no longer signal on the mic channel.  Pretty sure it would work that way.  Not positive though.

-Seth-

• September 27, 2019
    • sgagnon
      sgagnon

Hi @SethUldall 

I actually thought of this the other day before seeing your post and theoretically it should work. 

I just need to find the time to implement and test it.

Great minds think alike!

Thanks!

• October 2, 2019
  • ClapTrap
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-24

I have a Problem with my RD-8. I can transfer Patterns to Sequencer (Hard- and/or Sofware). It works fine. But if i transfer a Pattern from a Sequencer in to the Rd-8, there is no BD in the target pattern. If i trigger instruments from an extern  keyboard, i can record all instruments until the BD. Can someone check that? Recording of the BD in the RD-8 works. I think it is an Bug in the RD-8 Sequencer.

read more...
    0 214
    • ClapTrap
      kris_

Do you use the sysex dump function to send the pattern, or do you just play it live and record the notes?

Did you check the note mapping of the BD?

• September 24, 2019
    • ClapTrap
      ClapTrap

I record in realtime with sync with the sequencer. The note mapping is correct. If i use a keyboard i can hear the BD, but it is not recorded. All other instrument are recorded.

• September 24, 2019
  • Jors
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-24

Hello!

Purchased 2 B115W some months ago.

Anyone knows which bluetooth audio codecs are supported? (despite SBC).

AAC? LDAC? APTX?

Many thanks

0 136
  • connorolmsted
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-23

Hey all, first time posting

My church runs an x32, and we have 4 wireless Shure bodypacks used for in ear monitoring. I send individual bus sends to the outs from our snake to the Shure transmitters. The issue we have, is inbetween rehearsal and playing our sets, the mixes in our in ears almost always change, sometimes to the point where instruments that were totally out of the mixes initially are now blaring in the new, random mix. I dont believe the wireless packs are connecting to the wrong channel, thus giving one musician another musician's mix, since after talking with them all, the mix they describe to me doesn't match any of the other 3 mixes it could potentially have connected to.

I believe the bus sends are glitching and sending the wrong amount to each out. I am currently in contact with Shure's costomer suport to see if they have any ideas, and already reached out to Behringer.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Do I need to clarify anything? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

read more...
    0 211
    • connorolmsted
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey Connor @connorolmsted 

Welcome to the forum. In the 6+ years I've been using the X32, I've only encountered a "random mix" scenario once. I was providing the sound equipment and expertise for a Christian high school musical (theatrical) production. Part of my expertise was to teach a couple of the students how to setup and mix the production. This particular production was the 3rd one they had done in a 2 year period. During rehearsal, things started going a bit bizarre. All of a sudden the Main LR fader would jump, etc. It finally dawned on me that during the previous productions, they had used one of their iPads and I had not changed the password on my wireless router since the last production. I quickly changed the password and the sound system was miraculously exorcised. Hopefully that is not the case for you. But just in case, I would suggest you change your password as well.

Another suggestion is to attach your scene file to your next post (Choose File below) and we'll gladly have a look and better advise.

• September 23, 2019
    • connorolmsted
      connorolmsted

Ok, I can upload it tomorrow. No one else could be messing with the board over WiFi, even if they did, when looking at the sends, it doesn't seem to match up with what they explained. I played a few weeks ago, and my mix lost all drums and some other things were different. I can't replicate the problem with the wireless packs. Every time I reconnected them, they always connect to the correct receiver and channel of the receiver...

• September 23, 2019
    • connorolmsted
      sgagnon

Hi Connor @connorolmsted

How old is your board and how dusty is the environment it lives in? It may not be an issue in your case but when the internal boards and codecs become covered in dust they like to overheat and create gremlins. I've seen it happen to a board used in a bar, but that's an extreme environment with a lot of dust. There was so much dust in the unit that it stopped functioning altogether until it was serviced.

• September 24, 2019
    • connorolmsted
      connorolmsted

The board is around 3 years old and hasn't been serviced. Maybe I should give it a good blow-out/dusting? Can the deoxit fader lube be used on the faders? Or no, since they are motorised?

• September 24, 2019
    • connorolmsted
      sgagnon

It wouldn't hurt to open it up and give it a good spray of compressed air. I've taken ours appart one to service a broken motor track and it should only take an hour or two at most if you need to take boards off the chasis to clean them properly.

Should be safe to use contact cleaner or fader lube on the faders. The motorised portion is just a rubber track glued to the fader.

• September 24, 2019
Go to page