Brand

Behringer

259,823 members
138,242 posts
  • khbjabfv
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-04

Hi

I've recorded a rehearsal in 18 channels in Garageband over USB. Works fine.
    I want to playback the recording over all 18 channels but only get channel 1 and 2 back.

Mac OS High Sierra.
    All channels on X18 set to USB
    Routing is 1:1 (1to1, 2to2, 3to3...16to16 and 17/18 to AuxIn)
    X18 selected in Audio MIDI setup Output
    X18 selected in System Preferences - Audio
    X18 selected as output in Garageband

Looking at the meters tab in X Air edit only signals on USB Returns 1 and 2, Main L/R and all 6 Bus Outputs.

Attached some images.

Anyone who got this working with Garageband or should I just leave it and move to Traction or any other DAW?

Thanks.

xair.png
    read more...
    0 209
    • khbjabfv
      KenMitchell

Hi Lars ( @khbjabfv ), 

Welcome to the community.  Garageband is limited to channel 1/2 output. 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7157948

Take a look at Reaper. It's pretty popular around here. 

Ken

• October 4, 2019
    • khbjabfv
      khbjabfv

Much obliged, Ken.

Wish I'd asked here before spending some evenings looking for the answer.

I got Tracktion with the XR18. In your view, how does it compare to Reaper?

• October 4, 2019
    • khbjabfv
      DaveMorrison

@khbjabfv 

Since you're already using Garage Band, consider the Pro version—Logic Pro X. It's inexpensive ($199), it will import GB files perfectly, and has the same interface you are used to. It is very powerful and the upgrade cost (between versions) has been zero dollars since 2013.

• October 4, 2019
    • khbjabfv
      khbjabfv

Good idea. I'll consider it for sure.

• October 4, 2019
  • Rabid_Hamster
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-04

Hello all,

I have a question about the Behringer XR18. I have had it running pretty well under Windows 10 Pro for about a year now. After a recent Windows update I’ve developed some issues.

The XR18 shows up as installed correctly under device manager. I can use the X AIR Edit to make adjustments and see that audio is being picked up. I can record audio from mics with Reaper. And the standard stereo pairs show up for selections under audio devices.

The problem is that now I can no longer use Source Connect, Zoom, Zencastr, Skype, or any other conferencing tool. The XR18 ports no longer show up as an option within the various solutions but before they did.

One of the purposes for this XR18 is podcasting. This makes it impossible to bring on remote guests. I can use a second computer and route audio via some other interfaces I have but that’s getting a bit convoluted. Does anyone have any ideas that might get me back on track?

Thanks for your time.

GEAR:

DELL XPS 8930 PC

Windows 10 Pro 64bit (Updates Current)

Reaper 5

Samsung Evo 970 Pro SSD for OS

Western Digital SSD for active projects

32 Gigs of Ram

nVidia GeForce 1060 Video Card (Updates Current)

Behringer XR18 (Driver Version 4.38)

Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen

_______________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT 10/09/2019

It turns out there is an issue with the specific user account I use for studio work. I created a new account and everything works as expected. If I find the time to see what actually failed I’ll update. But for now, I’m going to get this system back in production.

Thanks anyway.

read more...
    0 126
  • DavidBarrow
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-04
    0 122
  • FelipeGonzales
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-04

Is it possible to clock the MS-1 sequencer via the external clock in from one of the three RD-8s trigger outputs?

I am NOT trying to get a normal tempo sync but a non-linear / rhythmical trigger from one of the RD-8 instrument tracks to run the single steps of the MS-1 sequencer. This was possible on the original SH-101 and used to be a common trick.

read more...
    0 1,043
    • FelipeGonzales
      Ms_CLean

Hi Behringer please implement this as a fix. The origianal 808 & 101 were used this way in the 1980's  (as well as other trigger mono synth combinations) to create syncopated bass lines & sequences (think Ultravox bass lines, Men without hats safety dance etc etc). Kind of critical for these two units !

• October 28, 2019
    • FelipeGonzales
      Ms_CLean

Hi a genius by the name of Maffez has created a book of mods:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachments/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/848986d1572029009-behringer-ms-101-analogue-synthesizer-behringer_ms_modding_guide_v1.pdf

At the back he has detailed the following:

This is of interest when using the Ms101/01 with trigger sequencers and Behringer’s RD8 in particular. The MS does not accept short trigger spikes for forwarding the sequencer one step, which is an old Tr808+Sh101 trick. You can easily change this by turning the trigger spikes of your sequencer to short RC envelopes that are enough to be recognized by the MS. Just build a little box according to the pictures below (you can even house the components in a cable) - users report that caps between 0.1uf to 1uf work. This circuit is passive, i.e. it does not need supply voltage. A trigger charges the capacitor and the diode prevents the voltage to go back where it came from, so the energy is slowly discharged forward, resulting in a short envelope. Check for the right lugs of your jacks/cable (ground to ground).

Capture.PNG
      • October 28, 2019
    • FelipeGonzales
      Ms_CLean

Hi Behringer, this video explains the issue perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHhitGOCguw&t=138s

• October 28, 2019
    • FelipeGonzales
      ThorstenBösing

its not an issue. the ms1 or MS101 needs a gate not a trigger to sync the sequencer. the trigger is a ultra fast and smal voltage. a pulse has a wider pulsewith. you can also use an external adsr module if you have a modular system or a trigger delay. some people say its a bug at the ms. but its not. there are a lot of ways to trigger a sequencer. there are so many diferent ways and any company has its own way to do it. there is no standart for all. if you see the club ck out from the rd 8 its an gate, the trigger outs are trigger as i explained above. i builded me a cable with a diode and a capaciator..when you google you see this cable. 

• November 17, 2019
    • FelipeGonzales
      Ms_CLean

Hi im not suggesting its a bug, just counter productive to one of the ways of using these two items. Further its seems crazy to invest in an ADSR module when the cable fix will resolve the issu, cheers

• December 1, 2019
  • MiMAO
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-03

Hey, I purchsesed the MPA40BT-PRO three Months ago and tried to use the battery powered mode for the first time last week, it lasted 10 minutes instead of the promised 12 hours...

I assume that it has a faulty battery, where do I get a replacement. 

Thanks, Pat

read more...
    0 93
  • MiMAO
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-03

Hey, I purchsesed the MPA40BT-PRO three Months ago and tried to use the battery powered mode for the first time last week, it lasted 10 minutes instead of the promised 12 hours...

I assume that it has a faulty battery, where do I get a replacement. 

Thanks, Pat

read more...
    0 120
  • Virtue67-
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-03

Where can we obtain additionally preset? Yamaha TR range has a nice range with even Mic and equipment preset which you cal dial-in.

0 633
    • Virtue67-
      Vasco_Romijn

There are no (official) additional presets for the X/M32 mixers. You can use the presets already in, tune them to you're needs and save them as new preset. Maybe there are users who already made there own (tuned) presets and wanna share them with you.

I do not use presets on any mixer because they never sound as what I like. I tune everything on my experiance.

• October 3, 2019
    • Virtue67-
      Paul_Vannatto

@Virtue67- wrote:

Where can we obtain additionally preset? Yamaha TR range has a nice range with even Mic and equipment preset which you cal dial-in.

Attached is the Artists Presets package that was included with the X32 firmware 2.0

X32 V2 Presets.zip
      • October 3, 2019
    • Virtue67-
      Paul_Vannatto

Attached is a compilation that one of the forum members put together for the X-Air family of consoles. Since the X-Air and X32/M32 share the same effects engine, these will also work with the X32/M32

XR Mixer Series Presets.zip
      • October 3, 2019
    • Virtue67-
      Virtue67-

Thank for the presets, I looked at them Will use most of them THANK YOU SO MUCH.

If I plug a say GTR quickly loads a preset so it has to go quickly on live gig scenario. This is where Presets come in handy Because Unlike analog, digital mixers are not as quick to set up analog eq with digital is but more fiddle you can't do it in a few seconds basically.

• October 13, 2019
    • Virtue67-
      Vasco_Romijn

@Virtue67- wrote:

If I plug a say GTR quickly loads a preset so it has to go quickly on live gig scenario. This is where Presets come in handy Because Unlike analog, digital mixers are not as quick to set up analog eq with digital is but more fiddle you can't do it in a few seconds basically.

Every instrument/voice sounds different and need adjustments, presets are good startpoints but nothing more than that is my opninion. Also a digital mixer can be setup quickly, it is just all about nowing you're gear. We did a festival with different bands a couple of weeks ago with a M32 and we do soundchecks in 5 minutes.

• October 14, 2019
  • ubayd
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-03

I am trying to figure out if I can have 2 different FX effect presets at the same time on the live microphone. For example I like number 6 and 55 from the FX preset. But not sure if and how to add both to the 'live mic' so they both are on at the same time. Like an echo and delay at same time.

Although There is an echo and delay preset together at number 97 from the preset the quality is not that good and isnt exactly what im looking for.

So can i add 2 different preset numbers to the mic ? and if so, how to do this?

read more...
    0 107
  • aaronjrg11
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-03

I recently just got my deepmind 12 and when i select the 'chord' button, the screen shows no 'record' feature. it instead only shows, 'armed' and when i play a chord, the screen is stuck on 'learning'.  selecting a 'trigger' never shows up as an option. similar situation in poly chord. I can only see an 'exit | rec |wizard | bank' and then same as above occurs. i play a chord, and it is stuck on learning.  any idea how i can fix this?

read more...
    0 207
    • aaronjrg11
      stephandeutsch

I got exactly the same problem with my DeepMind 12 - did you find any solution for it?

• October 13, 2019
    • aaronjrg11
      stephandeutsch

ok, my problem was a midi loop, my DAW sent the same chord I played - back to my DeepMind 12 bcoz I was in Midi Recording Mode. So if anybody has the same problem, try that out first!

• October 14, 2019
  • paul_whitehurst
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-02

My amp powered off.  I replaced the fuse.  No sound.  I think it's in protect mode.  The display lights.  The light rings around the volume knobs are lit.  When I turn the power on the fan runs for one second and shuts down.

Is this protect mode?  How do I get it out of protect mode?

Thanks, Paul

read more...
    0 214
Go to page