Behringer

Brand

Behringer

254,991 members
132,749 posts
  • Strma
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-24

Hello, done some channel patching, is there a way to store patched setup to recall (reload) it after setting everything to 1:1?

0 286
    • Strma
      tangosynthesis

I have one of those and had the same question. There's a card slot on the front for backing up the settings so I assume that would work, but as I've never found anything that will fit in the slot I've never been able to give it a go.

Someone told me that a cheap PCMCIA->CF card adaptor is supposed to work, but mine was too thick to go in the slot so I gave up.

It's a great little desk, but I have to say that for anything more complex than "On / Off / A bit dimmer" I've moved over to using QLC+ on a laptop now.

• March 2, 2020
  • samlanning
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-23

I'm in the process of creating my own application that interfaces with the X-Touch Extender to control lights among other things. I have MIDI input working mostly, and can control slider position, VU-meter, button lights etc...

One thing I haven't been able to do is control the color of the LCD Scribble Strips, though from the product images it looks like that's controllable? Does anyone know what MIDI commands need to be sent to the desk to change them, or at least know of any applications that are able to change them?

Cheers,

Sam.

read more...
    0 159
    • samlanning
      BrianLowe

@samlanning wrote:

I'm in the process of creating my own application that interfaces with the X-Touch Extender to control lights among other things. I have MIDI input working mostly, and can control slider position, VU-meter, button lights etc...

One thing I haven't been able to do is control freejobalert gimp notepad++ the color of the LCD Scribble Strips, though from the product images it looks like that's controllable? Does anyone know what MIDI commands need to be sent to the desk to change them, or at least know of any applications that are able to change them?

Cheers,

Sam.

I also have the same question. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
      Regards,

Shane

• August 2, 2019
  • AR0NIC
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-22

I Have Filled Out 3 different warranty repair forms and emailed [email protected] in 2 weeks and no response. after having contacted several repair facilities on my own and hearing the very disparaging news that the company is in pure turmoil and they have disconnected their last Vegas phone numbers my next recourse is to pursue legal action. 50 bux to start a civil suit is completely worth it since they're to lazy to even setup automated case number emails upon receiving a warranty request. If I Lived In Vegas ID Be Beating down the front door. Just Purchased A M32 and am terrified at the prospect of having to ever have it serviced and am considering returning it and going to Allen and heath.  I am desperate at this point as I need this console for my winter concert series and if anyone can help I would be extremely grateful. this is my 3rd x32 variant and sadly my first issue. thank you for any help.

read more...
    0 331
    • AR0NIC
      RichardYClark What is the actual issue that you are having with the X32 Compact that requires a warranty repair? If the X32 is within the first year from sale then surely you would take up the matter with your supplier and ask for a replacement?
      • July 22, 2019
    • AR0NIC
      AR0NIC

The Entire Top Left Side of the board is faulty from input gain knobs/ button and input led meter to lpf gain and knob and led button along with the compressor knob and button led.

I Registered This Board With behringer within 90 days and while it's over a year this isn't faulty knobs or faders or buttons as all of these are on a single board and they all went bad at the same time. also my supplier and most supplierd are NOT going to replace a unit after their initial return policy (typically 30 days) At which point will point you to the manufacture. If it wasn't under the warranty I'd be fixing it myself however I will not attempt this as it is. Even an extended warranty from my supplier would only be a year.

A response from music tribe / music group at this point is the first step and it has been 2 weeks and nothing.

• July 22, 2019
    • AR0NIC
      KenMitchell

Hi Aaron ( @AR0NIC ), 

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about your troubles.  Not sure if this is the case but in the past some of the support emails seem to be getting caught in spam filters.  Have you checked your spam folder to see if there's anything there? 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• July 22, 2019
    • AR0NIC
      AR0NIC

Sadly no.

• July 22, 2019
    • AR0NIC
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @AR0NIC 

I'm sorry you haven't been contacted by our Care team. Please note that [email protected] email is no longer active and all warranty requests must go through our web forms here

Please PM me your case number (if you have one) or your contact information and I'll see that you get contacted ASAP. 

• July 23, 2019
  • Caught exception: Specified column "user_id" is not in the row
  • timtrace
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-21

Greetings, first post. This ought to be easy for you guys 

Is it possible to connect an S32 to an X-32 Compact and create a 48/24 environment? How would the X-32 Compact manage so much I/O? It appears to me as if the layer flip buttons top out at 32x16.

Are there any benefits if an X-32 Rack is used instead of an S32 in this scenario, at the expense of the total I/O count?

If I used an X-32 Compact with an X-32 Rack, would it be difficult to leave the X-32 Compact at home for certain gigs?

I'm considering changing over from my Allen & Heath iLive iDR-32 MixRack, to an X-series system. The primary drivers in my decision - 1> my iDR-32 is 10 years old and the used prices are dropping like a stone, 2> the iLive product line is long dead even if most of the release team still works for A&H, and 3> the iDR iOS and Android software is terrible

I don't own an iLive control surface due to the high cost, even of used pieces. I've only ever used a Windows computer to control my iDR-32, and it has been quite awkward at times.

My church has recently deployed an X-32, and I'm quickly becoming familiar with the X-series workflow on computers, portable devices, and an X-32 surface.

Thanks --

read more...
    0 234
    • timtrace
      DaveMorrison

Hi @timtrace 

The X/M series can only mix 40 inputs per mixer although they can have access up to around 160 different inputs. They can be switched by a simple scene change.

An X32 Rack has several advantages. A complete system in the box: Easy to carry, Full independent processing for Pro-Level monitoring, and redundancy. The X32 can act as a S16. They can share inputs and outputs between systems.

I personally prefer to use the rack over the X32 with faders.

• July 21, 2019
    • timtrace
      timtrace

Thank you for the thoughtful reply.

Do I correctly understand that if I ended up with a 48/24 system, I’d only be able to route 40 inputs per scene?

Is there a limit imposed on the  number of simultaneous outputs?

When you say that you prefer the rack over the surface, are you using a multi-touch tablet or notebook computer screen?

Even after more than 10 years driving my iLive with the trackpad in my notebook, I feel so much more efficient when I can touch two things at a time on a surface.

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

• July 21, 2019
    • timtrace
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Tim @timtrace,

I would agree with Dave @DaveMorrison that the X32 Rack is an excellent choice of a console, particularly if you are use to using a laptop and/or tablet instead of a physical surface. I was one that insisted on having knobs and faders when I used my A&H GL2400 - no digital mixer for me. When my church got their X32 (Dec 2012), I quickly changed my mind. And when they released the X32 Rack (Oct 2014), I knew I had to have one and forced myself to learn how to do it with a laptop and tablet. After 5+ years and hundreds of events, I don't regret my decisions and love the freedom of not being tethered to the end of a snake.

If you do decide to get an X32, there are a number of seasoned users here that can help you with any questions that would arise. Also if you need added tools, there are a number of 3rd party developers that have created a number of software tools to provide specific solutions.

• July 21, 2019
    • timtrace
      Paul_Vannatto

@timtrace wrote:

Do I correctly understand that if I ended up with a 48/24 system, I’d only be able to route 40 inputs per scene?

Routing and mixing are 2 separate subjects with the X32. As Dave mentioned, an X32 console can mix a maximum of 40 channels strips (5 banks of 8) at any point in time. The actual sources of these channel strips can be changed using scenes and/or snippets.  

Is there a limit imposed on the  number of simultaneous outputs?

In any X32 eco-system the answer is theoreticaly no. There is a limit of cascaded stageboxes of 24 separate outputs per AES50 feed (each X32 has 2 AES50 ports). But X32 can also be connected to multiple X32 in the eco-system which does provide more potential outputs available.

• July 21, 2019
    • timtrace
      timtrace

Another option has come to mind. I'm considering a M32C and a DL32.

I thought I'd ask you guys and gals: What are the differences under the hood between a M32C and an X32-Rack?

• July 23, 2019
  • Marconld
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-21

Is there a way to change the channelstrip layout for the x-air series.

i want the EQ after the compressor. 

Maybe a future firmware update??

0 136
    • Marconld
      Paul_Vannatto

@Marconld wrote:

Is there a way to change the channelstrip layout for the x-air series.

i want the EQ after the compressor. 

Maybe a future firmware update??

That feature is only available on the X32/M32 and I don't believe there are any plans on adding it to the X-Air consoles.

• July 21, 2019
  • VictorCoughlan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-21

Hello all 
I am a behringer fan and have used many products over the years and have always been very happy with the 
products.
    However I always like to view the products in person and see and ask for advise from a retail store rather than buy online.

I have also sent an email about this to Behringer and am waiting for a reply.

I live one hour south of Barcelona the capitol of Spain and the 2 Largest retailers of musical products (Alfasoni & Microfusa) and other shops only stock small behringer products.
I am using a Behringer umc uphoria 404hd in my studio but want to upgrade to a much larger system.
I am deciding on whether to buy the 8 channel Behringer UMC1820 and link it with my existing UMC 404 and buy the X-touch DAW controller with logic pro or to Buy the x32 compact mixer which will also do both of these things.

That is why I would like to view these products in a shop to get a feel for these products and also get some in store advice on which way to go.
Has anyone had the same problem where you live?
    after all Barcelona is a the Capitol of Spain and a huge city with thousands of musicians and loads of recording studios. The 2 big stores and many of the other shops do stock other mixers, Audio Interfaces and other large products from brands such as Focusrite, Prosonus, MIdas,Tascam, Mackie etc but not any of the flagship Behringer products.

Thank you for any advice you can give me
    Victor

read more...
    0 171
    • VictorCoughlan
      Paul_Vannatto

@VictorCoughlan wrote:

That is why I would like to view these products in a shop to get a feel for these products and also get some in store advice on which way to go.
Has anyone had the same problem where you live?

Yes I have experienced something similar. The local Behringer dealer does not stock a lot of the higher end products such as the X32 and the staff would not be knowledgeable of these products in order to help someone come in off the street. Also I'm not sure how useful it would be to see the X32 "in person" since the real power is "under the hood" (so to speak) and someone well seasoned with the product(s) would be able to explain the advantages and disadvantages of each of the products. The best place to get this type of info is here. If you give us a description of what you want to accomplish, we'd be glad to help you out.

• July 20, 2019
  • JoeSilino
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-20

I've got a random feedback sound comming through the PA. I don't see any kind of clipping on the board when it happens. I can go weeks without any problems and then it happens. Thank God it hasn't happened during our church service, yet. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. (The sound is at about 4 secs. on the clip)

X32 random feedback.wav.zip
    read more...
    0 345
    • JoeSilino
      RichardYClark Sorry don't see a link to the clip. Also it might be worth posting your normal Scene file here for us to check the routing in case there is anything odd that might cause digital feedback like FX routed back to themselves.
      • July 20, 2019
    • JoeSilino
      RichardYClark OK. Clip link appeared now. Previous answer still applies though.
      • July 20, 2019
    • JoeSilino
      RichardYClark Doesn't sound like regular digital feedback. Were there any wireless mics or links in use? Could you see where on the channel/bus meters where it was coming from?
      • July 20, 2019
    • JoeSilino
      JoeSilino

Thanks for the reply Richard. I just installed a new conregation mic and now have two hanging about 10 ft. apart. Could this be causing a feedback loop consistant with this sound?

• July 21, 2019
  • mykrobinson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-20

My church has an X32, the full size  model. Best I can recall, in places I have used this model before, the default power up mode will recall the last state of all faders, with the exception of the master.

It seems this one is not properly recalling the last state. for example, every Sunday, we have to compeltely remove the bass from a certain monitor mix.

I did some testing this morning and found that if I use the "power off" option in the Setup>Global tab, it stores the state. This suggests the automatic save state is not happening.

Any ideas, or is my perception of what is supposed to be happening not correct?

I did update the firmware to 3.11 this morning as well, though there was nothign in the change log to suggest that it would change anything.

thanks

read more...
    0 142
    • mykrobinson
      RexBeckett

@mykrobinson 

Hello Myk, welcome to the forum.

I would expect an X32 to power-up in the same state as when turned off - unless any settings were changed just before switch-off. It's good practice, in any case, to use the Safe Power Off feature to ensure all settings have been saved. 

Are you sure that a scene/snippet is not be loaded by one of the control devices? Also look in Setup -> Mixer -> General Prefs to see if Safe Main Levels is checked.

• July 20, 2019
  • TCH-Rob
    Triber Contributor
    2019-07-18

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Vlogs/TC-Helicon-X-Behringer-Using-Model-D-with-Voicelive3/m-p/270920/highlight/true#M152

Here's a demo of the Behringer Model D through the TC Helicon Voicelive 3... this is a great effects unit for synths as it essentially has a full pedalboard's worth of effects, all with individual on/off footswitches. It can also save presets and has a fully featured 4 track looper. 

Disclaimer: I may overuse the words "large" and "wide". I need some new vocab to describe synth tone 

read more...
    0 126
Go to page