Behringer

Brand

Behringer

268,266 members
147,830 posts
  • s_a_p
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-21

Hi everyone. I got tired of waiting for the US vendors to get the RD-8 in stock, so I ordered one from musicstore.de. I got my RD-8 this week, and noticed there was no sound from the headphone outs or the main mono output. Figuring that a return to Germany would be annoying at best, I opened it up to see if I could spot any trouble. Sure enough, it looks like there was a hardware fix soldered on to the output board. The solder job was botched pretty badly, and looks like the beads of solder are touching. There is a transistor on the board that also looks like it was burnned. It was burned badly enough that I couldnt see the entire part number on the chip.

So here is what Im hoping to accomplish. First of all Im not upset and dont feel like this is some sort of injustice. I understand that Behringer was trying to get these things built en masse and for a price point. So from that standpoint its all good. Other than the output board kludge it actually looks to be pretty solidly built and of good quality.  What I am hoping to get is a replacement output board for my RD 8 so that I can get that installed and get this thing working.

While I would like to do it on a reasonable time scale, Its not exactly an emergency as I own a real TR-808. I am keen to get started with the wave designer and the newer sequencer features though, I would even be willing to just outright buy this output board and not even mess with a warranty. Seriously, I want to be cool about this and just want a working unit. I have otherwise been super happy with the behringer gear, and have a K2 and the 303 ordered.(also will buy the RD9 as soon as available). So MusicTribe, How can I get my RD-8 fixed? working?

kludge1.jpg
    read more...
    0 189
  • trapiche
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-20

Hi all!
    A week ago I bought a B115W, for now I only use it to listen to music in my house. But I have noticed that the rear control panel gets quite hot (near burning the hand) despite being at a soft volume.
    In theory it is a class D amp with SMPS power supply and should run cool ....
    What is the normal operating temperature?
    thanks to everyone

read more...
    0 98
  • PeterHca
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-20

I'm having issues playing back audio off a USB thumb drive on some X-Air 16's, the files show, but won't play. Is there a specific format the thumb drive or files need to be?

0 357
    • PeterHca
      KenMitchell

Hi Peter ( @PeterHca ), 

Welcome to the community. The drive needs to be FAT32 and the file format needs to be .WAV. 

Ken

• November 20, 2019
    • PeterHca
      DaveMorrison

@KenMitchell 

Hey Ken, just for my own education.

Does the XR16 and XR12 require the files to be 16 bit waves and the same frequency (44.1k or 48k) as the system (like the X32) or is the XR16 more tolerant?

• November 20, 2019
    • PeterHca
      KenMitchell

@DaveMorrison 

From my notes it's just like the X32. 

"The sample rate of your wav files and the Clock Rate setting of your console must match, so either 44.1kHz or 48kHz.
      The bit depth of your wav files must be 16.
      The number of tracks in your wav files must be 2 (Stereo). Mono or surround sound type mixes are not supported.
      You can have a maximum of 200 files and directories combined per directory level (you can possibly have more but they won't be seen by your X AIR). Note: This is per directory level but there is no limit to the number of levels." 

Thanks @DaveMeadowcroft  for that info. 

Ken

• November 20, 2019
    • PeterHca
      PeterHca

Thanks @KenMitchell! This was the issue we were having, luckily I heard back from the Canadian distributor really quickly and they were able to point us in the right direction too. Also thanks for the welcome, hopefully I won't be here too often ?!

• November 20, 2019
  • laristotle
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-20

G'day, eh?! Just joined to try and get some info from Behringer. While I'm waiting for my 'ticket' to be responded to, I figure that I'll ask here.

I want to use a simple pedal for switching the effects on/off. From what little I could find out there, I need a momentary (non-latching) switch. The question that I asked 'support' is whether it's on/on, on/off or off/on. Can anyone help me out here?

read more...
    0 182
    • laristotle
      RexBeckett

@laristotle 

G'day Larry, welcome to the forum.

If you use a momentary switch you would want it normally off - sometimes shown as off-(on). Stepping on the switch mutes the effects.

Personally I would use a latching switch. Hit it to mute effects, hit it to unmute them.

• November 20, 2019
    • laristotle
      laristotle

Hey Rex, tnx for the welcome.

I have two latching switches/pedals from my amps that I tried first. Problem there was that you have to hit the switch twice to turn on, then twice again to turn off. I picked up an off(on) momentary this morning. Just came back from our studio to test it before I commit to mounting it in a stomp box. Works as it should.

I have to be honest though, support wasn't much help in this matter. They just referred me to a link to buy one of their pedals.

• November 20, 2019
    • laristotle
      Virtue67-

Hey, I too wanna have such a footswitch. I only got the end of the communications so I possible could ask a question that was covered.

1. please provide a link to this product(s)

2. Where will I connect it to my X32?

• November 21, 2019
  • welpen
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-20

I just downloaded the update of my ipad pro version.13.2 and then all of a sudden my X Air app is not properly working. I can't edit anything. I went to Apple Store and I was told I can't delete the update and they told me that the X Air App for Ipad needs to be updated. I tried to call Berhringer Tech Support many times but they don't answer the phone. This is really bad. Can someone help please? Thank you!

read more...
    0 305
    • welpen
      DaveMorrison

@welpen 

Nice Mixer. Do you have a question?

• November 20, 2019
    • welpen
      welpen

Yes please, My Ipad App for X Air is not working properly since I updated the software recently (Version 13.2). It keeps crashing every time I try to edit anything. Tech support at Behringer is not answering the phone. Apple Store Tech told me I can't delete the recent update. So my ipad X air App is useless unless they updated the App. Is there a solution? Thank you!

• November 20, 2019
    • welpen
      DaveMorrison

@welpen 

The current version is not compatible with iOS 13. You could wait for Behringer to update (don't hold your breath) or download "Mixing Station" in 5 minutes and be ready to mix. It does cost a few dollars, but it works and is updated regularly (unlike behringer). It looks different, but can be customized to your specific needs. I especially like the IDCAs. Highly recommended by most of the regular contributors to this forum.

• November 20, 2019
    • welpen
      welpen

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your quick reply. I just purchased the Mixing Station Pro and I don't where to start, I.m looking for a tutorial for this App on how to set it up and I just got lost from the start. I will really appreciate your help here. Thank you..Willie

• November 20, 2019
    • welpen
      DaveMorrison

@welpen 

Although I have used Mixing Station and even made a few custom layouts, I'm far from fluent. I even used it to make a bridge between an X-touch Extender and an X32. But I'm much better with X32-edit for computers.

Mixing Station for iOS and Android are very similar. YouTube has a bunch of content. And several users of this forum are experts. Here is a link that has a basic overview:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpiiyxPjdAk 

• November 20, 2019
  • FTSCMike
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-20

Hi Folks, thanks for being here for us all. 

I'm using the X32Rack purely for monitor mixing and want just one reverb effect that I can choose to add to mix busses 1 - 11.

I have it set up with 20 inputs (16 x XLRs and aux ins 1 - 4) and 11 outputs (8 x XLRs and aux outs 1 - 3). Mix busses 1 - 10 are routed in pairs to give 5 stereo monitor feeds for IEMs and mix buss 11 is mono for a wedge.

Everything works fine except I can't hear the effect at all. I can see signals going into and out from the individual FX, (FX 1, input Buss 13) but I just can't track down the FX outputs. I suspect it might be something to do with the fact that I've commandeered most of the Aux ins and outs? I still have Aux in 5+6 and Aux out 4, 5 +6 available. Is it a routing thing?

I'm new to this gear and its likely that I've done something daft so any suggestions will be gratefully received.

I've attached a scene with what I have so far.

Thanks, in anticipation.

Mike

Ins and outs but no FX.scn
    read more...
    0 367
    • FTSCMike
      OliverStein

Select SOF (send on faders), select the FXreturn of your effect, route to whatever busses you want it to be on. Just don't route it to the FXsend Bus as you'll get e feedback loop then.

• November 19, 2019
    • FTSCMike
      FTSCMike

Hi Oliver, thanks for your help.

Does the X32Rack have a SOF button, or something equivalent? I can't find anything on the rack itself or on the X32edit app that looks like it. I understand the feedback thing but its finding the FX returns that I'm having problems with. 

Thanks again for your time with this.

• November 19, 2019
    • FTSCMike
      RexBeckett

@FTSCMike wrote:

Hi Oliver, thanks for your help.

Does the X32Rack have a SOF button, or something equivalent? I can't find anything on the rack itself or on the X32edit app that looks like it. I understand the feedback thing but its finding the FX returns that I'm having problems with. 

Thanks again for your time with this.

@FTSCMike 

Hi Mike,

In X32 Edit, select your monitor bus, select the Aux/FX layer and then use the FX1 L/R .. FX4 L/R faders to set the FX returns into the monitor.

X32 FX.PNG

• November 20, 2019
    • FTSCMike
      FTSCMike

Hi Rex,

thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. So I think I've done what you suggested - made perfect sense, and I can see the levels going up and down on FX1L and R when I raise the faders but I still can't hear the reverb. Have attached a screen grab. 

Could be I've done something daft routing-wise?

X32 edit grab.png
      • November 20, 2019
    • FTSCMike
      RexBeckett

@FTSCMike wrote:

Hi Rex,

thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. So I think I've done what you suggested - made perfect sense, and I can see the levels going up and down on FX1L and R when I raise the faders but I still can't hear the reverb. Have attached a screen grab. 

Could be I've done something daft routing-wise?

@FTSCMike 

Hi Mike, 

it could be a routing or assignment issue. The fastest way to find it is if you save your scene and attach the file (.scn) to your post.

• November 20, 2019
  • Discombob
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-20

I start a pattern

claps will sound twice "dry" then take on a reverb from then onward.

i have seen this mentioned before - is it a firmware issue or user error.

many thanks

DB

0 651
    • Discombob
      KB

Hi, I am now looking for my 3rd RD8 since they were released. On the 2 I owned the problem you mention interefered with my usage, I just couldn't rely on the clap being there ready to play on triggering. And if you use the switch and toggle from the Clap to the Maracas sound on the same channel, If after 10 seconds with the Maracas sound you toggle back to the Clap, the Clap is non-existant for the first couple of triggers. This makes the Clap sound almost useless !

If this Clap 'Charging up' thingy existed on the genuine 808 I cannot see why Behringer would need to include it on the RD8. Its an obstacle to the device being used properly, a fault maybe ( But note that it wasn't an issue on the real 808 ) !

• December 5, 2019
    • Discombob
      Jedlines

I have the same problem, any fixes? / explanations? surely it can't be on every unit or everyone would be talking about it

• December 8, 2019
    • Discombob
      seangage

Hey there,

Im having the same issue with mine. I've had the RD-8 for about a week now. I hadnt noticed the issue until today... don't know whether it was there the whole time or has just started now...

Did you find a fix for this at all? Firmware update help?

Cheers,

Sean

• January 4, 2020
    • Discombob
      TMav

Well this is pretty stupid. If it was just the machine warming up fine. But every time a song starts the clap reverb is never ready to go until a couple measures in. It doesn't matter how long the machine has been turned on. What is that about?

• March 5, 2020
  • tinytoni
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-20

Hey guys, 

we are thinking of upgrading our setup and your help would be highly appreciated! 

If we run a X32 Compact as FOH with 2 S16 connected to via Cat5,
    what else than a X32 Rack itself would we need to create a dedicated
    InEar-Monitoring - Solution (iPad App controlled) with, lets say 8(maybe more), Stereo Outs ? 

Do we need extra XLR splitters for 32channels so we can grab the signals first?
    Or can we somehow grab the signals digitally pre-FOH-processing and use them on the rack?

Thanks for your help!

read more...
    0 300
    • tinytoni
      RexBeckett

@tinytoni 

Hi Antoni, welcome to the forum.

You can connect an X32 Rack between the S16s and the X32 FOH. It will have access to all the inputs and can pass them to the X32 Compact for FOH use. You can build your IEM mixes on the X32 Rack. Outputs from the X32 Compact can also be passed through the X32 Rack to the S16s if required.

Only one of the consoles can have control of the S16 preamp gains. The other console will have +/- 18dB digital trim. Usually I give the monitor console control of the preamps - the correct preamp gain should work for both monitors and FOH.

Eight stereo monitor mixes can be done using the sixteen mixbuses on an X32 Rack - provided you don't need to use any send/return FX. 

We can help you with routing if required.

• November 19, 2019
    • tinytoni
      tinytoni

Thank you very much!  

That would inlude the 6 Aux Outs to get to 16 in total, right?

• November 20, 2019
    • tinytoni
      RexBeckett

@tinytoni wrote:

Thank you very much!  

That would inlude the 6 Aux Outs to get to 16 in total, right?

@tinytoni 

I don't understand your question, Antoni. Are you asking about the outputs for the IEM mixes? The obvious place to send them is to the S16 outputs - each S16 could handle four stereo IEM outputs. Or you could use the X32 Rack's eight XLR outputs for four IEMs and one of the S16s for the other four. 

• November 20, 2019
    • tinytoni
      tinytoni

Im sorry.
      I keep mixing up Mixbusses and physical XLR Outs.
      Misread what u wrote and thought u said I could use the X32 16 Outs for my IEMs
      but since the Rack only has 8 XLR Outs I thought you were referring to the AUX Outputs.

Since we are just starting this project I am not really sure if we need FX in the IEMs.
      Some might ask for Reverb I guess. Time will tell. 

So we could get 7 Stereo IEMS with 2 FX.

8 XLR Outs on the Rack, 6 XLR Outs on one S16.  
      14 Mixbusses linked to 7 pairs as IEM, 2 Mixbusses for FX - all of this is controlled via iPads. 

If we wanted to add and 8th or more IEMs or even wedges
      we could do that via the second S16s outputs and another iPad/the X32 Compact, correct?

So all of this would free some processing power and Mixbusses
      on the console and let us work with premixed IEMs. 

I cant read ur post while im writing this...ill just try to write down the signal path.

S16(1) -> X32 Compact AES50A (Cat5) FOH
      S16(2)->  X32 Rack       AES50B(A?) (Cat5) 

Would that be correct or do I need to connect the S16s to the FOH and the Rack to the FOH too? 

Thanks you so much for your help!

Antoni

• November 20, 2019
    • tinytoni
      RexBeckett

@tinytoni wrote:

Im sorry.
      I keep mixing up Mixbusses and physical XLR Outs.
      Misread what u wrote and thought u said I could use the X32 16 Outs for my IEMs
      but since the Rack only has 8 XLR Outs I thought you were referring to the AUX Outputs.

Since we are just starting this project I am not really sure if we need FX in the IEMs.
      Some might ask for Reverb I guess. Time will tell. 

So we could get 7 Stereo IEMS with 2 FX.

8 XLR Outs on the Rack, 6 XLR Outs on one S16.  
      14 Mixbusses linked to 7 pairs as IEM, 2 Mixbusses for FX - all of this is controlled via iPads. 

If we wanted to add and 8th or more IEMs or even wedges
      we could do that via the second S16s outputs and another iPad/the X32 Compact, correct?

So all of this would free some processing power and Mixbusses
      on the console and let us work with premixed IEMs. 

I cant read ur post while im writing this...ill just try to write down the signal path.

S16(1) -> X32 Compact AES50A (Cat5) FOH
      S16(2)->  X32 Rack       AES50B(A?) (Cat5) 

Would that be correct or do I need to connect the S16s to the FOH and the Rack to the FOH too? 

Thanks you so much for your help!

Antoni

@tinytoni 

You will run out of mixbuses on the X32 Rack before you run out of outputs. Without using any effects, you could use the sixteen mixbuses plus the Main LR to give you nine stereo IEM mixes. These could be routed to a combination of the Rack's eight XLR outputs and the two S16's combined sixteen XLR outputs. You could also use the Rack's six Aux outputs so you have 30 available outputs near/on the stage.

I would arrange the units like this: S16(2)-A -> S16(1)-B . S16(1)-A -> X32 Rack-B . X32 Rack-A -> X32 Compact-B but there are other ways to do it. 

• November 20, 2019
  • Pseikinger
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-20

Hi!

I want to connect the Model D to the Deepmind 12, the Model D should only do the lower notes (bass) when playing the Deepmind - is this possible?

Thanks

0 157
    • Pseikinger
      RobRosenbrock

I don't have the Deepmind 12, but I believe the default for the Model D is for low note priority 

• November 22, 2019
    • Pseikinger
      microbug

Not without extra gear. You will need something like a master keyboard controller or one of the better MIDI patchbays to do that. Quasimidi Turbo Volcon D can do that, MIDITemp patchbays too, and I think the old MOTU MTPII and later may have a similar feature - i have to look that up.

Note limit or zones are the keywords.

• November 29, 2019
  • EGG
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-20

HI! I am using an X32 rack. Plz help me solve the problem. What format is needed to install FX on X32? tell me where to get them? i need a new guitar amp

0 310
    • EGG
      RexBeckett

@EGG 

Hi Vit, welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to tell you that it is not possible for you to install additional FX models into an X32. The supported FX models are part of the mixer firmware and cannot be changed by users.

• November 19, 2019
    • EGG
      EGG

New FX cannot be added? Why then are there free lines for the new FX and load?

• November 19, 2019
Go to page