Behringer

Brand

Behringer

289,846 members
172,409 posts
  • JohnShepherd
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-13

I am all but nuts trying to figure out how to send the signal from 8 drums to bus 1 so I can compress, and maybe eq the sum. Using AES A 1-8 to Channels 1-8, if that has anything to do with this. Thanks, Shep

0 229
    • JohnShepherd
      GaryHiggins

@JohnShepherdEasiest method is select the bus you want on the right hand bank, press the sends on fader button and then raise up the 8 faders for your drum ch's to taste in the left hand bank. This assumes you are using a digital snake and using 8 inputs on it, which has been assigned to mixer input ch's 1-8. You can then select that bus after and add eq etc to it. Also assuming you have selected an xlr output for the bus in question.

• February 13, 2020
    • JohnShepherd
      JohnShepherd

Here's my setup. 2 S16s using AES A w/ #2 connected from B of #1 into it's A. AES A 1-8, through 25-32 selected as inputs. The mics work as expected. Kick 1, Snare 2, Rack1 3, Rack2 4, Floor 5, Hats 6, OHL 7, OHR 8. I chose mixbus 1 and sends on fader. Brought 8 levels up. Unselect sends on fader, go back to Mixbus 1, labeled drums. Can see signal. But, neither fader nor mute kills output of drum mics. 

• February 13, 2020
    • JohnShepherd
      GaryHiggins

@JohnShepherd You need to look at the sends tap for each drum ch to the bus. They are probably set input/lc, you might try pre eq +M, if you are not mixing live, post fader is probably fine.

• February 13, 2020
    • JohnShepherd
      JohnShepherd

This is for mixing live. I did look at them and they are post fader, whibh in a live scenario would be correct. I just want relative level control while being able to get to the guts of the bus. Not a fan of switching to DCA to mix, and back to change/fix.  I'm supposed to work Sunday. I've had this for 2 weeks and still haven't made this work the way I want it to. I'm scared to death this will ruin my rep. I do think it's gonna be tremendous long term, but I'm kinda wishing I hadn't sold my GB4 right now. 

If I were to send you my scene, can you check it to see if i did the busses/channels correctly so they will volume/mute the assigned channels? 

All I want is to have busses 1-6 have the channels that match their color code controllable with the fader and mute. I have busses 7-12 set for 6 monitor mixes, which work - but again, i cannot control overall monitor mix volume from the designated fader. I am often asked to bring the whole thing up for specific players, and can't do it the easy way right now. thanks much for chiming in on this, Gary!

• February 13, 2020
    • JohnShepherd
      DaveMorrison

@JohnShepherdScreen Shot 2020-02-13 at 11.22.07 PM.png

I set up my mixer to run my drum group as a subgroup.

• February 13, 2020
  • PDN
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-13

Hello we have a X Air 16 that is approximately two years old, that is used weekly. 
    The USB recording mechanism has been acting up as of late as it will not record long audio files. Just the other night I observed it record for about 40 seconds then stop. We hit record again and it went about the same length of time again. We did this several times to get the same response.

This has been the case with several different USB sticks,

Please advise! 

read more...
    0 78
    • PDN
      bhamil

Hi PDN, 

I don't see any other replies, so I'll ask some general questions.  

Had it for two years and problem only devolped recently?  In that time there have probably been firmware upgrades, did this perhaps start around one of them?  Are you on the latest firmware?  

Have you done a console reset? (I have x32, I assume the xAir16 also has this).  

Do you have any usb sticks the you KNOW worked before, but don't now? 

Are you using high enough quality USB sticks?  

If you have the rate set at 48, try changing it to 44.1 to see if less data records better, if the usb stick quality is marginal.  (Only about half of the sticks I have respond fast enough to do a firmware upgrade with them on the X32 series, I'll try recording onto one that isn't fast enough to do the firmware to see of it can recorded onto.) 

Bob 

Having said the above about console reset, I want to say make sure you know what all the settings should be.  I'm not sure what console reset resets. It seems settings I thought I'd have to reset, did not get cleared by the console reset that I just did.  

But, always have backups of important settings before resetting anything...

• February 14, 2020
  • GaryHiggins
    Superhero - Level 1
    2020-02-13

news to me..and yes very cool

In short, Yes you can now adjust the fader speed. 
    You first need to ensure that you have updated to firmware version 1.03 (Available Here). 
    You can also find a video on how to update the firmware here.

Once updated, go into the Setup menu and press the "Edit" button of the "Surface and Lights" section, you can then press the "FDR SPEED" option. 
    You can then change the speed between Slow, Medium and Fast by adjusting the encoder on the right hand side of the display.

read more...
    1 143
    • GaryHiggins
      callahanryan

Very cool indeed. I discovered this on accident yesterday. Fast is very fast. This board keeps getting better and better and it was already great. 

• February 13, 2020
  • lisandy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-13

Hello, does anybody know, how to record simultaneously more than one track with the XR18 in Cubasis 3.

0 75
  • JonasT
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-13

Hi,

I am really excited about the Wing. I will wait to buy one though until it has show control and the soundgrid module is there.

Are there any new information when the soundgrid module will be available? Will it be possible to order a Wing with it built in? I would not feel comfortable opening up the console myself and the next service center is like 3-4 hours away. And I still would be using my X32 with the X-WSG card for my biggest productions (musicals) because I need dynamic EQs on the headsets.

read more...
    0 195
    • JonasT
      GaryHiggins

@JonasT I am far from an official source here but I did see an Bejringer made video that said there will be factory installed options for Dante and Soundgrid models. Of course plans do change. But come on now, flip that thing over on the kitchen table, spill a little beer and a few crumbs in there while you do the work, get down and dirty!

• February 12, 2020
    • JonasT
      jlwall

HI Gary, thanks as always for supprot you give to this community.

We are an X32 team, that is looking at Wing, and almost ready to buy.
      I was excited to see that one particult video where the Behringer Rep claimed that SG, and Dante will be supported on the on-board RJ-45 PHY's of the wing, yet this is sounding to not be true.

Can someone from Behringer confirm that this might be a Firmware Update in the roadmap, as SW function to buy and unlock?, or a phyiscal HW upgrade that must be done in factory, and cannot be updated after the fact.

I would truly enjoy Dante on the NIC, AES-50 to my stage, and use the liveCard for SD_Card recording.

• February 18, 2020
  • TC-Mike
    Triber Moderator
    2020-02-13

Just found this...

https://303patterns.com/

seems really cool and useful tool , as it can read out the TD-3 patterns and visualizes them in a piano editor style window.

read more...
    4 262
  • kesha1
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-12

I assign the Motor sliders different CC numbers to control my X18 through it.

I change the name of the preset, too.

But when I turn the keyboard Off and On, the name stays the way it was after I changed it, but the sliders do not work until I open the Global and reassign the CC#'s again.

Please let me know what should I do to save the changes permanently.

read more...
    0 102
  • kesha1
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-12

Connected X18 to Ableton through a USB cable.

A MIDI channel in Ableton shows X18 and the choice of 16 channels as a source, but an audio channel in Ableton does not show X18 in the sourse of In's.

How can I forward an audio channel from X18 to Ableton through a USB cable?

read more...
    0 153
    • kesha1
      RexBeckett

@kesha1 

If you have installed the X18 USB driver on your PC or you are using a Mac, you should be able to access all eighteen channels through the ASIO interface. You  may need to select the ASIO mode in the DAW preferences to make the device available.

• February 12, 2020
    • kesha1
      kesha1

Thank you for your reply.
      I have the X AIR Edit installed, and it is On when I open Ableton, too. Is X18 USB drive a different thing from the X Air Edit? If yes, where can I get it?

The ASIO 4 All v2 is chosen as the Audio Device.

• February 12, 2020
    • kesha1
      RexBeckett

@kesha1 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.
      I have the X AIR Edit installed, and it is On when I open Ableton, too. Is X18 USB drive a different thing from the X Air Edit? If yes, where can I get it?

The ASIO 4 All v2 is chosen as the Audio Device.

@kesha1 

The X18 USB driver is not the same as X Air Edit. You can get it from X18 Downloads page. You do not need to use ASIO4ALL with this driver.

• February 12, 2020
    • kesha1
      kesha1

Of course! That was an importan point. Thank you.

I installed the X Air ASIO drive, and switched the sound to it, but the expected X18 is not showinvg under the Audio From of any audio channel in Ableton. But it does show X18 under the MIDI From in the Ableton MIDI channels.

How can I choose a channel from X18 to be assigned to one of the audio channels in Ableton?

• February 12, 2020
  • striple66
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-12

Hi there,

and here is my second beginner question: I used to use my XR18 both as a MIDI (using USB-DIN Pass Thru mode) and as a 32-channel digital audio interface. Now I have a X32R and it has a X-Live card installed. I do not understand the routing to achieve the same functionality as with my XR18.

I can select in my Mac the X-Live as Audio in / out interface, but in the Channel Source settings there is no "USB" or "Mic/Line AD" switch as it is there in the XR18. I can only select an (Analog?) Input Channel (which would be one of the XLR inputs on the back of the XR32). I understand that this might be achievable using the right routing - but here I fail.

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks

Ralf

read more...
    0 93
    • striple66
      DaveMorrison

@striple66 

Because the X32 can have various different interfaces (ie. Dante, ADAT, etc.), it's called Card. To switch between Play and Record go to Routing: InputsScreen Shot 2020-02-12 at 10.48.37 PM.png

to switch back and forth. To send signal to the card, use the Routing: Card tab. Local is for the mic preamps; Out 1-16 (and Ultranet, and other choices), and can be used to send mixbusses, main LR, and inputs with different tap points to the card.

If you need more help, just ask.

• February 12, 2020
  • FResendes
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-12

Hello from Azores.

Can anyone help to find a tweeter for this monitor please? Thanks!!

IMG_20200212_111427.jpg
    0 238
Go to page