Behringer

Brand

Behringer

289,561 members
172,079 posts
  • Johnnyangel
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-09

what a lot of BS to get in here, trying to get to someone to ask whether I can buy an amplifer for my powered speaker (amplifier only already got power supply heat sink speaker and controls) don't want to buy a complete powered speaker box, any ideas 

read more...
    0 106
  • juansep
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-09

the output 9-16 in the routing do not work are locked 

0 114
    • juansep
      LucasLettmann

could you please describe a little more what you mean? Are you aware of the little lock symbol at output routing in the upper left side? Dou you have same Stagebox connected? Whoch 9-16Outputs are you interested in? AES, USB,...?

• February 9, 2020
    • juansep
      GaryHiggins

@juansep I have a feeling you have Talkback enabled with Ch 40 as the choice. It is normal to see ch 40 muted in that case, it becomes unmuted when you push the talkback button to speak. Disable talkback for ch 40 and it will go back to normal. It can be ch 40, aux 8 or off. If you choose aux 8 instead, aux 8 will then mute. As Lucas said the outputs routing is locked unless you go in and unlock whichever group you are working on....and when you unlock it to make changes, leave the output routing menu and come back it automatically relocks again.

• February 9, 2020
  • Mr_Bongo
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-09

Heyho,

am I right that the Wing doesn´t have cut filters in the Matrix channels (yet)? Or did I just miss them?
    That would be super useful

Firmware 1.01

cheers

0 152
    • Mr_Bongo
      GaryHiggins

Hello @Mr_Bongo I think you missed it, the Matrix ch eq is 8 bands wide: Low cut, High cut and 6 peq bands in between. Well...guess I missed it too, I guess those are really shelves! 

• February 9, 2020
    • Mr_Bongo
      GaryHiggins

@Mr_Bongo Well, the new firmware is out (1.02) and the low and high filters now have a much larger range, hi cut all the way down to 50! Should solve the issues there.

• February 9, 2020
    • Mr_Bongo
      Mr_Bongo

thanks for the input

yeah, I already installed 1.02, nice upgrade.
      Still, the Matrix channels lack lowcut and highcut. They would be very useful to control a PA system from the console, like I need to do on several touring projects that don´t have a dedicated system controller

• February 9, 2020
    • Mr_Bongo
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey @Mr_Bongo and @GaryHiggins , you both missed it. Select a matrix, then the gear icon (at the top). There you can choose whether the high and low bands are shelf, PEQ or cut.

• February 9, 2020
  • bpd138
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-09

Hello again,

I'm using a Midas XR-18 connected to a pair of Bose L1 1S tower arrays for our band and it's been working out great.  We have a gig coming up where we have to play outside and cover an area larger than the usual bar, ballroom setting.  My question is; Is it possible to route the mains to a couple of the aux busses so that I can have the mains left and right go to the two Bose L1's and say, aux 5 & 6 going to a couple of powered speakers?

I'm open to any suggestions on how to move a little more air for the bigger venues.

Thanks for any input.

Take care,

Willie

read more...
    0 145
    • bpd138
      RexBeckett

@bpd138 

Hello Willie,

It is quite simple to route the Main LR to two Aux outputs. This is done on the In/Out -> Aux Out tab:

In/Out, Aux OutIn/Out, Aux Out

The Aux outputs will be at the same level as the Main outputs. You will need to use the gain controls on the speakers to adjust the relative levels.

• February 9, 2020
  • digweedgr
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-09

Hi, does the sequencer/arpeggiator sync with ableton's bpm? Or you have to tap etc?

0 120
  • Matthes
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-09

as there are many things not finished or implemented in the wing software, I feel like a beta tester. So one big fault is the panorama control as well as the channel delay controls. They really have an own life: panorama changes by itself during the show, in the channels as well in the master! Channel Delay does the same? It’s definitely no result of any vibrations from the subwoofers during the show as it appears also during the show breaks. Any help would be appreciated... sorry for my bad English...

read more...
    0 197
    • Matthes
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Mathias @Matthes 

Welcome to the forum. Oddly enough no one else has reported this issue (and many have been using the Wing for live events). What firmware version is currently on your Wing? By "panorama" are you meaing the width control?

• February 8, 2020
    • Matthes
      LucasLettmann

i think what you mean is not a software bug, but a hardware fault. Some consoles seem to have an issue with the touchscreen which is randomly pressing some buttons on its own. maybe you should check this: let the console in the routing screen or with an open Keyboard (e.g. for channel customization) and see whats happening.

• February 9, 2020
    • Matthes
      Matthes

Fw 1.01. yes, i think maybe a Hardware Problem. BTW: panorama means left-right Position... Don’t think it’s HW problem. As it happens constantly in the „background“ , means in Channels that haven’t been on the display  for about 20 min. And suddenly there is a delay... However, they will get it back instantly...But if it is a hardware problem, it maybe not a problem of the touchscreen but of the two potis... 

• February 9, 2020
    • Matthes
      GaryHiggins

Hope it is a software bug and not a hardware issue. Rumor has it that a new firmware version will be released early this week, maybe it's addressed in it. Also rumor has it that the app is submitted and pending release approval by apple. I'm looking forward to both.

• February 9, 2020
    • Matthes
      Matthes

just got the new fw. Will see what happens. Anyway, the usb player works, only on small fat32 formatted sticks. diva Bwhaviour as on the m32/X32 consoles. If somebody has nice experiences with biggerr ones, reply would be appreciated...

• February 9, 2020
  • tefo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-08

Hi

In an attempt of making a useful sequencer edifor for the crave (and compatible synths) I have decoded the file format of the .seq files that can be exported from the Behringer Synth Tool (v. 2.3.4).

Behringer: please fill in the missing info (todo's), and confirm whats correct - preferably by releasing a pdf documenting both the .seq file format and the crave sys-ex!

The format of .seq file as saved from Behringer Synth Tool V.2.3.4

Offset hex

Parameter

Comment

00-1d

Header

2398 5476 0000 000a 0043 0052 0041 0056
    0045 0000 000A 0031 002E 0030 002E
    CRAVE
    Todo: What are these bytes? Version num?

22-23

Data block size

Size of the data block in bytes.
    = 6 +(8* number of steps). Each step is 8 bytes.
    1 step is “E” (14)
    2 = 0x16 (22)
    4 = 0x26 (36)
    8 = 0x46 (70)
    32 step = 0106 (0x106) 262 bytes

24-25

Swing

50-65 = 0000-000f
    66-75 = 0100-0109

26-27

Unknown

Todo: unknown- values might vary (or always 00 08?)

Number of steps (page*8  + step +1)

Seq. pages

Number of seqencer pages (00-03)

Seq. steps

Number of steps in the last page (1 step = 00, 8 step = 07)

Sequencer steps (8 byte per step).
    Offset = 2a + (8 * (step num -1))

2a-31

Sequencer step 1

32 +8

Sequencer step 2

3a +8

Sequencer step 3

42 +8

Etc. until step 32

One sequencer step

00-01

Note

C-1 = 00 00, C#-1 = 00 01, D-1 = 00 02 ...
    C7 = 06 00
    C8 = 06 0c
    C9 = 07 08 (highest in editor). Is 0x78

Gate Length

12.5% = 0, 25% = 1, 37.5% = 2, 50% = 3
    62.5% = 4, 75% = 5, 87.5% = 6, 100% = 7

Ratchet

1 = 00, 2 = 01, 3 = 02, 4 = 03

04-05

Velocity

velocity, 0-7f - note: 7f ecoded as 07 0f, not 00 7f!

Glide, Accent, Rest

Glide OR Accent OR Rest
    Glide  = Bit 0 (1), Accent  = Bit 2 (4), Rest  = Bit 4 (8)
    Todo: bit 1 (2) – not used, if used: what is it?

Not used

Todo: Always 0?

/**** DOCUMENTATION of all FILE FORMATS and SYS-EX should be FREELY AVAILABLE so the COMMUNITY can do their job of BETTERING the products ****/

read more...
    1 566
    • tefo
      calli

Good effort!

Maybe better to put this online somehwere (Muffwiggler has a big crave thread) else. I doubt you can find here the right audience.

Maybe it would be useful for all Behringer synths which have that sequencer type?

• March 3, 2020
  • LHLessons
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-08

Ok, weird question.

can I take xlr cables out of the xr18 main out back in to the xr18 tracks 1 and 2?

I'm recording video into vMix video software and it only allows for USB audio Behringer IN 1-2.  I can't seem to digitally route everything in x-air to give me a stereo mix into the vMix.

I haven't tried it yet for fear that I'll create some terrible loop that will destroy my box.

Any insights into this would be great!  Thanks!

-Ian

read more...
    0 138
    • LHLessons
      DaveMorrison

@LHLessons 

If you want to record the complete mix (ie. the main outputs), Open  In/Out : USB sends and set USB 1 & 2 to Main LR. You may want to change the tap point (the colored circles) to Pre-Eq, Post EQ or Pre or Post Fader.

• February 8, 2020
  • jimmywheelo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-08

Please please please give us the option to change this to OFF by default.

Every opinion i've read online is asking for this. For more complex patterns I really need only a select few steps set to ON. I am having to spend ten minutes turning every instrument on every step off each time and it is killing my workflow.

Thanks

read more...
    2 141
    • jimmywheelo
      komabot

Yeah, thats totally bullsh+t.

i don´t know how to implement it that way. Instead of just switching on the steps you want to flam or Prob. you have to switch off every step where you want no flam or Prob.

• April 13, 2020
  • NelsonIracheta
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-08

Try as I may I just can't get the FX's to work to any of my channel! The time it works is when I insert it. I've tried all the returns and sends and only end up with what sounds like a reverb but is more of the beginning of a feed back loop.... I'm using the android app on my phone. Please help. 

read more...
    0 100
    • NelsonIracheta
      TimPadrick

It sounds as though you are running the FX return into the FX send bus, which would cause a feedback loop.

• April 7, 2020
Go to page