Behringer

Brand

Behringer

268,785 members
148,419 posts
  • JeffreyScott
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-02

It appears that this isn't possible but I thought I'd ask....Is it possible to process one side of a Linked Stereo Channel pair separately from each other?

I'm mixing a band that has only one guitarist. I'm putting a single mic on his amp and assigning 2 channels to the mic input. I then pan one channel hard Left and the other Hard Right. I then want to apply a 20ms delay to one of the channels in order to create a psuedo Stereo spread out the front end...(which I'm running in Stereo...)

The performers are all on Stereo IEM's...so I also would like to have the channels linked so that adjusting the fader volumes for their mixs is accomplished with one fader movement...not just having to adjust the Left and then the Right.

I realize this is not possible with the X32 out of the box...but is there not a script or something from Patrick Gilles-Meillot that could accomplish this?

read more...
    0 229
    • JeffreyScott
      KevinAllen

Can you select a dual delay FX unit rather than a stereo one, with the left channel then set as a zero delay?

• September 2, 2019
    • JeffreyScott
      RexBeckett

@JeffreyScott 

You could insert half of a dual delay into one side of the paired channels. The Dual Pitch Shifter is easier to use for short delays. Set Semi and Cents to zero and it will just be a delay.

• September 2, 2019
    • JeffreyScott
      Paul_Vannatto

@JeffreyScott wrote:

It appears that this isn't possible but I thought I'd ask....Is it possible to process one side of a Linked Stereo Channel pair separately from each other?

I realize this is not possible with the X32 out of the box.

Actually it is possible "out of the box" (I just did it).

* On the Setup, Mixer screen (in X32 Edit), Link Preference section, unselect the HA Config.

* The guitar channel needs to be an odd channel number (eg chan 19).

* Select the channel strip and setup the gate, EQ, compressor, etc.

* Stereo link the channel, which will duplicate all settings (except for HA configuration). 

* Select the even channel and assign the same source as the odd channel

* Apply the input delay (Config screen) to the even channel.

• September 2, 2019
  • McElviss
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-02

Hi, I'm trying to play music from a USB memory key on my Xr16 with no success. I'm using files that are .wav, 44.1 kHz and 16 bit, I can see them in the player but they just won't start.

Any ideas?

0 341
    • McElviss
      KevinAllen

Just to confirm, won't play (timer not changing) or can't hear playing? USB plays back through dedicated channels on the XRs, so the fader needs to be up and the channels routed to main.

Can you try a smaller capacity USB stick (I'm not sure what the limit is).

Certainly I play WAV files from USB stick on my XR16 - I don't think any of my USB sticks are any larger than 32GB, possibly smaller (4 or 16GB).

Kevin

• September 2, 2019
    • McElviss
      Paul_Vannatto

@McElviss wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to play music from a USB memory key on my Xr16 with no success. I'm using files that are .wav, 44.1 kHz and 16 bit, I can see them in the player but they just won't start.

Any ideas?

Make sure the clock rate in the XR16 is set to 44.1 kHz (Setup, Audio/Midi screen)

• September 2, 2019
    • McElviss
      McElviss

Bullseye. You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

• September 2, 2019
    • McElviss
      Daltec

After fighing with the player in my new XR16 for 4 days. I finally found this post. THANKS!!!

I find this mixer to have many nice qualities with one major caviot...the owners manual really is lacking in detail.

Thank goodness for Utube or this thing would be near impossible to the average person to set up. 

I run both behringer and Sound Craft units. this one has some distinct advantages, but, PLEASE, make the set up and tutorial more user friendly.

• February 2, 2020
  • Shash
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-31

Hi friends.

I use all Behringer pedal setup with a MIC500Ultragain USB as my pre-amp.

My pedal order is TO800>>HM300>>UM300>>DR400>>CS300>>NR300.

My NR300 is always connected in looped mode. So technically, I connect my guitar output to pre-amp then to Noise gate. Please give a listen and send comments for the attached music.

Thanks. Keep rolling!

read more...
    0 206
  • Shash
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-31

Hi friends.

From many pedals of Behringer if you pick UM300 and play from very low settings to higher ones, you will wish this is a must for any level of guitar player. If you are new player on tight budget, siply go for it. But patience is the key here. Always start playing with the lowest settings of all buttons. Get the desired volume level first, then start adding distortion as needed. 3 band eq is present. In addtion, you can set the Mid frequncy value exactly to match a song you like or to your own music. So this eliminated the need of more OD or disortion pedals and can give smooth to high gain volumes. Basically, it is designed as a High gain pedal, but can sound Low also with proper settings.

Please share your thoughts. Keep rolling!

read more...
    0 189
  • Shash
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-31

Well friends. Behringer makes these 2 pedals HM300 and HD300. Before buying think of the following:

Your music flavour = rock, hard rock

Go for HD300 and you can play anything from Hendrix to Sabbath to Twisted Sister to Motley Crue and some Megadeth or Slayer or Metallica also. But most of the times the Distortion and Gain Boost need to be kept beyond 12 O'clock for better results. If you do not have a Noise Gate (NR300), quite noise is generated in the end.

Your music flavour = metal, thrash, hard rock

Go for HM300 and keep the MID and BASS before 12 O'clock and play anything by any metal band and your own music. Even at high settings of Distortion and LEVEL, very less noise is induced. Turning up the MID and BASS also higher will definitely invite noise and using Noise Gate (NR300) would be helpful.

Your music flavour = stoner, doom, alternative

Go for both of these and make a combination of sounds from various settings. You can get the LOW frequencies boosted from HD300 and start with all settings low. Increase needed setting on each pedal in steps till you get the desired DULL sound.

Thanks for listening. Share your thoughts for these 2 pedals also.

read more...
    0 520
  • Shash
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-31

Hi everyone. I play guitar a little bit and have published 3 music albums on YouTube. Please check my new music album at website www.shashanksherkar.in or by clicking directly on the link https://youtu.be/JLF6MLI9z9Y or from www.shashanksherkar.in/music
    Please subscribe to my channel to keep it running and send your valuable comments. Make me a better guitar player than I am.

I am interested in sharing my pedal order for a rock or hard rock or metal sound. If anyone is interested, please listen to my entire album, especially songs 6 onwards where my guitar sounds like the vocals and then suggest me any changes or additions or ask for my basic setup.

Thanks. Keep rolling!
    - Shashank Sherkar aka Shash

read more...
    0 205
  • Shash
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-31

Hi. I bought TM300 since I cannot invest in costly valve amps right now. By theory, this pedal should be our last pedal even after noise gate (I use NR300) into amp. But this sounded quite strange at at all modes and amp button positions. However, if placed in the start after my MIC500TubeUltragain into next pedal chain, the pedal gives good results. Does anyone has any suggestions? I can share my pedal chain image if needed so. Thanks. Please listen to my music on YouTube at https://youtu.be/JLF6MLI9z9Y

Updated as on 01/11/2019

TM300 can be used a standalone combo amp excluding speaker. Please stay tuned for my update on this matter with video review.

And start giving some thubs up at least.

It takes precious time and efforts to share real experiences with demo or preview videos. Also, please listen to at lest 2 songs from the video link given, comment in YouTube.

read more...
    0 217
  • tomsabpg
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-31

Im am trying to mix some reverb into a monitor mix for vocals, but i cant seem to do it without having the effects return fader turned up in the main mix. I have my effect bus on bus 9&10 and even if i set it pre fader, it wont go to the monitor without the return being mixed into FOH. What could i be doing wrong?

read more...
    0 407
    • tomsabpg
      RexBeckett

@tomsabpg 

Hi Blake, welcome to the forum.

You need to make the sends from the FX Return to your monitor buses Pre Fader. Select each of the FX Return strips and open the Sends tab. Change the signal tap for your monitor buses to one of the pre fader options. The FX Returns are paired so you only need to change one side of each FX slot.

X32 FX.PNG

Because the vocal channel sends to the FX Send bus are post fader, the vocal channel faders for the main mix must be up (and unmuted) before there will be any FX Return in the monitor buses. This also means that the level of FX in the monitors will change if the vocal channel faders for the main mix are moved. The only way to avoid this is to use a separate FX slot to provide effects only for the monitors. In this case the vocal channel sends to the FX could be pre fader.

If this doesn't help, save your scene and attach the file to your post. See Choose File button below.

• August 30, 2019
    • tomsabpg
      tomsabpg

Ok, thanks for the reply, i will try this as soon as i get home. Im having a little trouble grasping all the layers of these digital boards and signal flow. So easy to get lost

• August 30, 2019
    • tomsabpg
      KevinMaxwell

@tomsabpg wrote:

Im am trying to mix some reverb into a monitor mix for vocals, but i cant seem to do it without having the effects return fader turned up in the main mix. I have my effect bus on bus 9&10 and even if i set it pre fader, it wont go to the monitor without the return being mixed into FOH. What could i be doing wrong?

What mixer are you using? What Mix Bus are you using for this Monitor that you only want the effect in? This seems like an unusual thing to want to do. What exactly are you doing and why don't you want this effect in the house speakers.

Please attach you scene here so we can take a look at what you are doing and it will help us to help you. Assuming that you are sending your house mix to the Left/Right output you could just unassign the Effect return channel from L/R that will take it away from the house mix.

• August 30, 2019
  • DouglasLohman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-29

Is there any way to limit the access of a particular tablet to parts of the x32 mixer. I would like only allow the tablet access to the main faders and indivual channel EQ. It's used in a church for mostly speaking with no aux sends or monitors. I've looked all over for this kind of thread, to no avail. Or, can someone point me to the thread if this has been asked/answered previously.

read more...
    0 225
    • DouglasLohman
      RexBeckett

@DouglasLohman 

Hi Douglas, the only way I can think of to do this is to run Mixing Station XM32 Pro on the tablet and create a custom layout with only the allowed controls. It would be hard to make it foolproof but it would guard against accidental changes to other parameters.

• August 29, 2019
    • DouglasLohman
      sgagnon

If you had a budget you could use a control processor and touch panel, such as an Extron or Crestron based system, to design your own and control certain aspects of the mixer. I'm not sure how broad the x32's API is but its certainly a possible option.

• September 24, 2019
  • askuse7
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-28

Hi everyone,

I purchased a Model D a few months ago and went through the calibration process and it is working great.

I let the Model D warm up for 30 mins before I use it, but I still like to check the tuning occassionally so I connected the Low output to a Boss guitar tuner, and when I need to tune I just power on the tuner, make sure only Osc 1 is on, then press an A note on my controller keyboard, and then use the Tuner knob on the Model D to correct the tuning.

This works well, except you can hear the A note when I play it through my speakers. Is there a way to do this so the note will not be heard so I can tune in-between songs when I play live? If I press the Main Out switch to off, will the signal still go out Phones or the 1/8" Main Audio Outputs?

Also the Model included 2 1/8" mono cables. Are they exactly the same? Can either cable be used for audio and CV connections?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 321
    • askuse7
      DaveMorrison

@askuse7 

How about an A/B switch pedal? Switch out the tuner when playing; Switch out the PA when playing.

• August 28, 2019
    • askuse7
      askuse7

Hi Dave,

That would certainly work, but I was looking for a solution that doesn't require any extra cables or footswitches, and I think I've found it.

I did a bit of research tonight, and I first confirmed the Phones output is completely separate from the 2 Main 1/4" Audio outputs, which makes sense. Next, I inserted a stereo 1/8" to 1/4" headphone adapter in the 1/4" input of my guitar tuner, and then connected a stereo 1/8" cable between the tuner and the 1/8" Phones output of the Model D. I then switched Off the Main Audio output switch. I then played an A note and the tuner recognized it no problem, so I now have a good working solution for checking the tuning without the sound being heard through my speakers.

I also checked the 1/8" Main Audio output as well, and it is not separate from the Main Audio volume control. If you press the Main Audio switch to off then the signal is shut off from the 1/8" Main Audio output as well. Unusable for silent tuning.

But I have a good working solution using the Phones output for checking the tuning of my Model D when I use it for live performance without it making a sound through my speakers.

Hope this helps anyone else wanting to do the same!

Andy

• August 28, 2019
    • askuse7
      RonaldFigura

Here's what I used to do with my MiniMoog... Took the headphone output of the Moog and ran it into a digital tuner that recogzed ANY pitch coming into it and showed the status of the tuning. Don't remember the make or model of the tuner, but it was cutting edge at the time (early 1980s). I powered it with a walwart so it could be always on. No need to mute the MiniMoog to tune because it showed whatever note I was playing. But if I needed to I could mute the Mini output and the headphone output would still supply an output to the tuner. I just had to be carefull not to drive the headphone output too hard or the tuner would "freakout". You can do this same thing on the Behringer Model D. All the functionality is there.

• September 21, 2019
    • askuse7
      RonaldFigura

PS- find a "digital chromatic tuner" This should work as I described in my other reply to your post.

• September 21, 2019
    • askuse7
      askuse7

Hi Ronald,

My Korg Slimptich chromatic tuner arrived last week from Japan, and it worked exactly as I had hoped!

Added bonus, it shows B Flat instead of A# and G# instead of A flat, so I can't make the same mistake I made last time

See attached pic for final solution.

Andy

Model D Slimpitch Tuner.JPG
      • September 22, 2019
Go to page