Behringer

Brand

Behringer

289,923 members
172,497 posts
  • MartyLofberg
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-03

I recently picked up the XR18 over the XR16 as I decided the extra channels were essential. The reason I was looking at the XR16 was the direct to USB thumbdrive recording. Now that isn't an option I'm curious if anyone has had luck using a powered USB over Ethernet system? I need to run a distance of about 25meters around the perimiter of the room to the AV station up the back. I would prefer to be able to record from this spot rather than set up a secondary recording device at the mixer as we fully set up and pack down every week and so the less things required for set up the better. Multitrack isn't essential either, happy to switch over to the stereo mix if that helps things. If there's no way around it I'll go that direction but thought I'd exhaust all possibilities first...

Thanks

read more...
    0 343
    • MartyLofberg
      MusicallySavage

Hey Marty,

There's certainly more tech minded individuals on the forum than me, but it appears they're on holidays.

You've probably tried some things by now.

A Zoom connected to the XR18 will give you a stereo recording. Aux or HP out. A set & forget option. I use a 20m boosted USB cable which seems to work fine. Am I right in understanding that your plan was USB to Ethernet adapters to get the distance? Probably would work. There's some threads on that sort of thing. The usual XR18 way is multitrack to a DAW. On the routing page you could send Main, Bus or FX to USB 1 & 2 and only record 2 tracks. Just control the mix going to the Bus or FX. Hope I got that right.

Luke

• January 9, 2020
  • Doddsy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-03

Hi everyone, sorry if this has already been posted but I couldn't find anything. 

Is there a midi cc list for the crave? So I can modulate the filter from an external synced lfo. 

Thanks. 

0 181
    • Doddsy
      NilsG

Hi,

In the quick start on page 43 is a list of accepted cc. They are in hexadecimal format under column second.

• January 5, 2020
  • KevinMaxwell
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-03

Is Midi or OSC enabled yet on the Wing?

For the M32/X32 the OCS port is 10023 does anyone know if the Wing uses the same port? I hope to get my hands on one and write a Palladium mixer file for it and this is part of the information I need to do that.

read more...
    0 307
    • KevinMaxwell
      Paul_Vannatto

@KevinMaxwell wrote:

Is Midi or OSC enabled yet on the Wing?

No, not as far as I know. But I will ask.

• January 3, 2020
    • KevinMaxwell
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey Kevin @KevinMaxwell , I just got confirmation that neither midi or OSC has been implemented yet. 

• January 3, 2020
    • KevinMaxwell
      KevinMaxwell

Thank you very much for looking into that for me. Did they give you any inication as to when OSC or Midi might be included?

• January 3, 2020
    • KevinMaxwell
      Paul_Vannatto

@KevinMaxwell wrote:

Did they give you any inication as to when OSC or Midi might be included?

Well, since you've been here on the forum for sometime, you probably already know the answer... 

• January 3, 2020
  • djwilly
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-03

Hi, I just bought this synth. I hooked up to the Midi out of my Yamaha MX88 synth/keyboard. I cannot get this thing to play what I am playing. The best I can do is I can hear some sequences (which I didn't setup). I cannot use it as a monophonic synth. Also, the gate LED is always on. My Yamaha keyboard works wonderfully on the Behringer Model-D synth. Is there any picture of baseline settings so I can use this as a normal synth. I am knowledgeable with analog synths, but I can't get this one to cooperate. Perhaps one of my settings is not right? I can't seem to get Begringer support. I'm at the point where I may just return it and buy something different. Thanks, Billy

read more...
    0 271
    • djwilly
      horder2344

re the midi are you using the midi in port on the front top right of the Pro 1? - I use mine with a Arturia Keystep and everyhting works as it should. Initially though I connected to the midi port on the back and nothing happened hence using the front midi in.

• January 3, 2020
    • djwilly
      Traceddnb

I am having the same issue.

plus the USB doesnt work

• January 13, 2020
    • djwilly
      Dkniffen

Can't get the Pro-1 to connect via midi either. Using the Midi in on the front and a keystep with no luck. Any instructions would be greatly appreciated. Don't want to have to return it.

• February 23, 2020
  • TreyGardner
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-01-03

I own an X32 Rack. I also own an Air XR16 that used to work fine with my Ipad 3 and now it doesen't. Extremely dissapointed with that. I remember X32 Mix stopped working sometime ago. Extremely dissappointed with that. The M32 Mix still works with ios 10.3.4. I NEED to know the compatibility of the X32 and ipads before I get locked out of a gig because of an update. Please help.

read more...
    0 341
    • TreyGardner
      RexBeckett

@TreyGardner 

There have been numerous reports of problems with the iPad apps caused by recent changes to iOS. The updated apps, modified to work with recent iOS versions, may not suport older iOS versions. The version control in the App Store doesn't seem to work correctly. There have been some posts suggesting fixes but apparently they don't always work.

The most reliable fix is to switch to using Mixing Station for iOS. This does require an in-app purchase for each type of mixer but the cost is modest. Many of us have used Mixing Station on Android for several years with great success. The software is very well supported and gets frequent updates for user-requested features. The screen layouts can be customized to suit particular user requirements.

• January 3, 2020
    • TreyGardner
      TreyGardner

Thanks for the response. So basically, some "guy" is writing the software to successfully support Beheringer products and Behringer can't do it themselves???

• January 3, 2020
    • TreyGardner
      GaryHiggins

Behringer hired this same "guy" to do the early version of The Behringer app. The Mixing Station app btw can control either XAir or X32. There is a bit of a learning curve but not that much. More importantly it is very stable, often updated, and user adjustable to your particular needs.

• January 3, 2020
    • TreyGardner
      TreyGardner

Thanks guys. I'll use the x32 while I can and find another company that backs it's products.

• January 3, 2020
    • TreyGardner
      RexBeckett

@TreyGardner wrote:

Thanks guys. I'll use the x32 while I can and find another company that backs it's products.

@TreyGardner 

If you chose one on this list you would also be able to run it with Mixing Station.

• January 3, 2020
  • jegelie
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-03

Hi, I'd like to ask the tech team for a solution for the vanished clock divider function on the Tempo knob (was there in firmware 1.06, I didn't upgrade ever since).

As suggested by user Lau Lindqvist on the Facebook Crave community page, an option to turn the Tempo-knob Clock Divider function on or off would be desirable (set to off by default in new Craves).

We ask.

read more...
    0 275
    • jegelie
      danishdaycare

I'm on 1.05 and not gonna update to 1.09, however I can upgrade to 1.09 then via sysex downgrade to 1.06. But are the ghost notes issue gone in 1.06? 

• January 2, 2020
    • jegelie
      jegelie

I haven't tried for myself, but as I understood from the Facebook Crave group, it's still there in 1.06. So it's either ghost notes, OR vanished "live" clock divider feature.

• January 3, 2020
    • jegelie
      calli

So nobody with a 1.06 sysex FW file? I start NOT to care if behringer likes this or not...

• January 5, 2020
    • jegelie
      calli

So is the facebook group responsive from official level?

Please keep us non-fb folks updated!

Carsten

• January 5, 2020
  • leonardriaan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-02

Hi there

I need some assistance please

I have downloaded the xair q app for monitoring on android. I have checked all settings bit still cannot get any sound out of my earphones connected to my phone using xair q.

I am sure it is just a setting from the air edit app that I need to fix if anyone can help.

The settings on my bus sends shows Post eq and on fx side it shows post fader, I do not know if this is correct I changed the settings but still no sound on my monitor mix through my phone 

read more...
    0 159
    • leonardriaan
      WillemKrabbe

Hi Leonard,

The app is for setting your monitor mix. The app itself is not giving audio to your phone.
      You have to attach the earphone to one of the aux 1 to 6 at the XR18.
      I'm using a Behringer PM1 for my in ear.

Willem

• January 2, 2020
    • leonardriaan
      leonardriaan

Thanks Willem

I thought it sends the audio to the phone

Thanks I had a look at the powerplay 8pro, might go for that because of all the band members.

• January 3, 2020
    • leonardriaan
      WillemKrabbe

You can use the powerplay 8pro. Advantage is that you have more signal going to your ears. The disadvantage is that you don't have a hardware volumepot with you.

The PM1 gets enough signal from the aux for me (unless you're a realy loud band). For me I'd like to have quick acces to control my volume in case something goes wrong.

Also you can invest in wireless.

Good luck.

• January 4, 2020
    • leonardriaan
      leonardriaan

Hi Willem

Thanks alot for your input I appreciate it alot. I will definitely look into it, the only thing is if you have to provide for the whole band the cost is alot higher going with the Pm1.

Could you maybe assist on ethernet connection, I can connect wireless with the access point on, both computer and laptop connect. With the cat5 cable directly connected to the laptop, it shows no device found not connected, is it a firewall setting that I need to change and how do I do it

Thanks 

• January 6, 2020
    • leonardriaan
      RexBeckett

@leonardriaan wrote:

Could you maybe assist on ethernet connection, I can connect wireless with the access point on, both computer and laptop connect. With the cat5 cable directly connected to the laptop, it shows no device found not connected, is it a firewall setting that I need to change and how do I do it

@leonardriaan 

If you want to directly connect a PC to the XR18 using wired LAN, there are two ways to set it up.

PCs are usually set as DHCP clients so they need to be issued with an IP address by a DHCP server. When you connect to the XR18 Access Point, it provides the IP address. To connect directly to the Ethernet socket, you need to set the XR18 as DHCP Server. You would make this setting while connected through the Access Point and with XAir Edit connected to the XR18. Change the settings, click APPLY, change the network mode switch to Wifi Client,wait ten seconds, set the mode to Ethernet and then connect the LAN cable. 

Setup, LANSetup, LAN

The other alternative is to give both the PC and the XR18 Static (fixed) IP addresses in the same subnet. Try the above method first.

• January 6, 2020
  • grillnstuff
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-02

I have an MS1 that I want to be able to control while performing live, for example changing from midi clock to midi DIN for when I want to go from onboard MS1 sequinces (using DAW bpm as clock) to reciving note data from my DAW (for specific parts of a track). But there doesnt seem to be an easy way to change settings like this without having to completely close the DAW all together, change the settings, then open it back up again (which obviously wouldnt be the most ideal while performing live).

I do have a suggestion for Synthtool, and it is to possibly make it a VST to make it easier to que different settings and automate functions of certian synthesizers, and have diffent channels with Synth tool with taylored setiings.

read more...
    0 90
    • grillnstuff
      jemabaris

I'd like to see that feature too. I mean we basically had it before the update. There was auto clock selection and now it's fixed to what you set in the synth tool. Not very practical. Also I'd like to see a shortcut to enable/disable sequencer auto start. And i really need the clock divider back. I really hope Behringer is reading this. There are so many posts asking to get back the clock divider, but no reaction from Behringer so far

• January 10, 2020
  • philotbeddo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-02
    Behringer Europort PPA2000BT Portable PA System with Bluetooth
    For the past couple of months is randomly clips out the right side for a second or two at a time.  I can't find any excessive sound source or reason for which it would be doing this.  It also randomly starts making a super loud white noise static sound.  I have to turn it off and turn it back on to make it go away.  Super annoying when in the middle of a song or gig.
    read more...
    0 114
  • VicenteB
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-02

Hi guys!

I want to improve functions of XR mixers. I'm a developer from Chile and I want to contact you to make this mixer the best one. Please I want to talk with someone from Behringer to discuss this posibility. 

The idea is give more flexibility using more than the current posibilities with OSC data, create new functions like delay for the outputs, something that all of us wants.

Please contact me!

Or give me a like to help me with this idea!!!

Thanks guys!

read more...
    0 131
    • VicenteB
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Vincente @VicenteB 

Welcome to the forum. The firmware and official apps code availability is restricted to the company developers only. The rest of us are free to develop enhancements in 3rd party apps using the extensively documented OSC protocol (by one of our own Patrick-Gilles Maillot). 

That said, you are of course free to apply to join the Tribe here

• January 2, 2020
Go to page