Behringer

Brand

Behringer

290,109 members
172,703 posts
  • TomBoisseau
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-01

I always keep a small library of music on thumb drives for Yamaha consoles, which have no issue playing back MP3's.  I would like to do the same for my M32R and X32 Producer, but of course they will not handle MP3's, only WAV.

Seeing I have already created multiple MP3 "play lists", I would like to take these existing files and BATCH convert them for use with the Midas and the Behringer.  Additionally, it appears form my initial expermentation, that some of my MP3's that I has so far attempted to convert come out as 44.1K and others as 48K.  I would like to find a converter that also allowed my to specify the sample rate.  I my case I will likely always choose 48K.

Any recommendations for a software package that will batch convert from MP3's to WAV and also allows me to specify the sample rate?

Thanks, 
    Tom

read more...
    0 392
    • TomBoisseau
      Paul_Vannatto

@TomBoisseau wrote:

I always keep a small library of music on thumb drives for Yamaha consoles, which have no issue playing back MP3's.  I would like to do the same for my M32R and X32 Producer, but of course they will not handle MP3's, only WAV.

Now that the MP3 patent has expired, I'm hearing rumbles that this might be an added feature in a future firmware update (no ETA at this point). 

Any recommendations for a software package that will batch convert from MP3's to WAV and also allows me to specify the sample rate?

Doing a Google search, I came across this site that listed 5 converter apps. The 3rd one iOrgSoft Audio Converter looks promising with its ability to "setting the sample rate, bit rate, audio encoder...". Never used any of these converters, since I rarely convert from a lossy to lossless format, but rather convert from CD's or records. 

• January 1, 2020
    • TomBoisseau
      AnthonieHunter

I use Switch Audio Convertor to convert mp3 to wav for my X32 Rack.

https://www.nch.com.au/switch/

• January 1, 2020
  • JeffBernhardt
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-01

I did the update to 4.01 and now I don't have anything coming out of the outputs on the S32. Inputs work and at last nights gig I couldn't figure it out and had to run an 8 channel snake to the stage for the monitors and FOH. I checked all of the routine and everything looks fine. What am I missing?

read more...
    0 232
    • JeffBernhardt
      GaryHiggins

@JeffBernhardt I believe there was another issue like this that was resolved by updating the S32 firmware.

• January 1, 2020
    • JeffBernhardt
      JeffBernhardt

How do I do an update? I tried the search feature here and nothing came up. I also Googled it and got nothing. I found the file, but no instructions on how to do it.

• January 1, 2020
    • JeffBernhardt
      GaryHiggins

It's part of the update when the compressed file is opened...

Requirements: Windows (WinXP or higher) PC with USB connector and administrator account required for running the updater executable (s32update_1-7.exe)

Update Process: 1. Download and unpack the updater zip fi le from behringer.com on your Windows PC 2. While the S32 is switched off , connect its USB port to your PC using a standard USB cable (type A -- type B) 3. Upon powering up, the S32 will detect the USB connection and wait for the update 4. Make sure you have started your Windows session with Administrator access, then start the s32update_1-7.exe 5. The terminal window will inform you about the update progress. Wait approximately 1 min until it shows completed 6. Disconnect the USB link and switch the S32 power off / on

• January 1, 2020
    • JeffBernhardt
      JeffBernhardt

I was able to resolve my issues...... I installed the older firmware version on the X32, reran the update on the S32 and then reinstalled the 4.01 firmware. Everything is fine now.

• January 1, 2020
  • AnthonySmith
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-01

Hi, have just received this wonderful synth and am enjoying it so much. Can anyone tell me if there is anyway to select the clock source on the hardware itself? Not sure if I've missed something in the manual (which could do with a little bit more explanation in some places). Alternatively, does the MS1 just respond to whatever is available, and default to the internal clock no signals are being received from anywhere else? 

@UliBehringer If there isn't anyway to control where the clock comes from, a software update so that we could use a combination of 'shift' and another button or knob to make the choice would be great. 

read more...
    0 100
  • jankoppe1
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-01-01

Hello,

I'm just back from the 36th chaos communication congress, where we had the Behringer Wing with firmware version 1.01 in use for the chaos-west stage.

This was some type of "corporate event" from a technical perspective. The desk was running non-stop for about 10 days, with 3 different operators in shifts. We have been using a Midas DL32 as a stagebox and a KT DN-9650 as a Dante bridge with a few Dante devices at FOH, mainly for the broadcast setup.

My overall first impression: You did an amazing job with this console. I'm just blown away. I will place my order next week for my own, private console.

Some thoughts while using, which stood out and I would love if you can improve on those:

1. The console did suddenly reboot/crash once at the event. This reboot lasted ~5 seconds and audio was interrupted in the meantime. After the reboot I lost about 30 seconds of recent changes to channels, etc. This is wonderful. Crashes should never happen, but this is really a good recovery time. Good job.
    2. There seems to be a bug with the mute group labeling. When I change the name of a mute group, this is not reflected in the display section above the encoder wheel until I press one of the mute buttons there. Not a big issue at all.
    3. If I work with a stereo source, I need to be able to flip the polarity on a single channel. We had a DJ set playing at night, where somewhere in the DJ setup there was a polarity flip. As we worked with a stereo source, we could not easily fix this without interrupting signal. I went ahead and duplicated the signal via dante to two new inputs, and ran the DJ set using two new mono sources and switched over while they did a buildup/drop. This was very stressful.
    4. The reset button for channelstrip sections is way too hidden. As far as I could see this works via the utility menu, which I only noticed on day 4 or so.
    5. Copying channels works fine, took me just a few seconds to understand the concept. I would love to be able to select multiple channels as a target.
    6. The distinction between 8 premium-fx/standard-fx and 8 standard-fx was a bit unclear in the fx overview. maybe that can be highlighted a bit more.
    7. Routing a regular FX bus is pretty confusing. As this was more of a corporate event it was not a deal-breaker and i did not spend much time on it, but I could not immediately see how I can do that.
      1. If I should just use one of the busses, the inability to send the output of one bus to another bus is a deal-breaker in that regard (i.e. send some reverb to the singers monitor).
      2. I saw a few FX returns in the routing menu, but could not figure out where they came from.
    8. The faders are slow. Very slow.
    9. I heavily missed a view of the fader level on the displays above a fader. I know that Yamaha desks do this. This is super helpful when re-setting a level.
    10. The band solo function is super helpful.
    11. The RTA overlay on stereo sources seem to display a mono sum. I would love to be able to switch to a "double" overlay, one for each channel with some offset. Not sure if this was possible, didn't look for it actively. This would have helped to debug the flipped polarity problem I mentioned earlier.
    12. The custom knob/button area is not powerful enough. I could not see how to place the delay time tap button there for example.

This is just a list of quite negative things - please regard every feature not listed here as great/amazing. The desk is really wonderful and I love it. Of course we are still somewhat "beta-testing" this, as version 1.01 is pretty early, but I'm looking forward to some improvements to the areas I listed.

read more...
    2 1,119
    • jankoppe1
      jankoppe1

Oh, one thing I forgot: Is it not possible to playback audio files from a USB stick? Please add this feature ASAP. We had to have a separate laptop playing break music via an analog signal, which was quite annoying.

• December 31, 2019
    • jankoppe1
      earcondition

Jan wrote:

Routing a regular FX bus is pretty confusing. As this was more of a corporate event it was not a deal-breaker and i did not spend much time on it, but I could not immediately see how I can do that.

1. If I should just use one of the busses, the inability to send the output of one bus to another bus is a deal-breaker in that regard (i.e. send some reverb to the singers monitor).

2. I saw a few FX returns in the routing menu, but could not figure out where they came from.

Hi Jan, for me it´s the same, it´s a bit confusing/not well thought out........

Solution would be to think about the AUX Channels as FX returns, starting from there You have 2 options:

1. You can use the FX Plugin in the bus, then route its  output to the input of an AUX channel

2. You just use the bus output routed to the AUX channel and use its Plugin slot for the effect.

The difference in the first case would be, that you could use the same FX for mixing to the PA by routing them also to the Master, while you could use the AUX input eq + faders as POST monitor sound + level controls, which sometimes makes handling the Artist much easier ........

One question concerning the self-forced reboot:

Did this occur while you worked in the FX racks? 

Maybe this would be helpful for the guys, as i also experienced a reboot, which is not exactly funny during a show.

Still i find the boot time amazing, i measured 13 secs from power on.

This is even fastet than yamaha, an the console seems to sound better than some if its competitors that cost a tenfold sum..........

• December 31, 2019
    • jankoppe1
      Paul_Vannatto

@jankoppe1 wrote:

Oh, one thing I forgot: Is it not possible to playback audio files from a USB stick? Please add this feature ASAP. We had to have a separate laptop playing break music via an analog signal, which was quite annoying.

They are working on it. Before 1.01 firmware, the USB stick did not even have the preset/snapshot save/load feature. Please understand that the developers have been given a much needed break between Christmas and New Years. Robert, Patrick and I will be reporting everything we read here to the developers.

• January 1, 2020
    • jankoppe1
      GaryHiggins

@jankoppe1 @earcondition What kind of cable were you using for stagebox? Just curious if using shielded cat5/6 with ethercons or not.

• January 1, 2020
    • jankoppe1
      earcondition

@jankoppe1 @earcondition What kind of cable were you using for stagebox? Just curious if using shielded cat5/6 with ethercons or not.

Hi Gary, i´m using a CAT6e 70 meters rugged cable with Neutrik Ethercons, but i was also able to use a shaggy CAT5 in-house installed 40 meters cable without problems, so i could leave fast after the show ...

• January 1, 2020
  • DerickDeruyck
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-31

As the title says, before i buy the Presonus i want to know is it works in Mackie mode on a pc running X32- Edit.

I only need the faders, mute, select and pan working on all 16 faders.

0 727
    • DerickDeruyck
      Paul_Vannatto

@DerickDeruyck wrote:

As the title says, before i buy the Presonus i want to know is it works in Mackie mode on a pc running X32- Edit.

No the X32-Edit will not work with a Presonus Faderport. It is only a client app for the X32 console and communicates via OSC protocol via UDP (ethernet). 

• December 31, 2019
    • DerickDeruyck
      DaveMorrison

@DerickDeruyck 

If your Faderport can "Speak" MC over USB, it's possible. I have done such a thing using my X-Touch Extender in MC mode connected to a computer running X32-Edit. Here's a link: https://youtu.be/d7t8OfNX0Wc . It works but isn't a ideal situation. The X-Touch is better at controlling X32, M32, XR & MR series mixers using Xctl protocol. It can also switch between Xclt and MC at the push of button. 

• December 31, 2019
    • DerickDeruyck
      DerickDeruyck

@Paul_Vannatto 

I think there is a mistake, the X32-Edit pc app does work with controllers over usb if you enable Mackie controll in the setup page. (see picture)

Only thing i don't know if it will recognice all 16 faders from the Presonus

x-edit.jpg
      • December 31, 2019
    • DerickDeruyck
      DerickDeruyck

@DaveMorrison 

I know it works with 8 fader controllers, but the faderport has 16 faders and apears to sow up as two different midi controller in windows. So i think it will only use 8 faders, thats why i want to know from someone who have a FP16 if it works.

• December 31, 2019
    • DerickDeruyck
      DaveMorrison

@DerickDeruyck 

Ok. You're probably right. Are you just trying to get 16 faders or something else with the Faderport?

• December 31, 2019
  • bubbaguth
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-31

Hi  - 

First time posting here - 

I set up an 8 channel X-Live SD recording to record outputs 1-8.  These outputs incuded monitor mixes and the main L/R on output 7 & 8.

When I playback the recording, I am hear output 1 & 2 coming through and levels can be controlled Aux1 & Aux2 on the console.  Is there anyway to select different outputs to monitor during playback?

I am guessing it's routing issue, but I just can't wrap my head around what I would need to change.  Ideally, it would be nice to have it playback to 8 channels so I have complete control to what I am listening too.

read more...
    0 123
    • bubbaguth
      Paul_Vannatto

@bubbaguth wrote:

When I playback the recording, I am hear output 1 & 2 coming through and levels can be controlled Aux1 & Aux2 on the console.  Is there anyway to select different outputs to monitor during playback?

I am guessing it's routing issue, but I just can't wrap my head around what I would need to change.  Ideally, it would be nice to have it playback to 8 channels so I have complete control to what I am listening too.

Yes you are correct that it is a routing issue. On the Routing, Inputs (also called home on the console's display) there are 2 modes of input assignments - Recording and Playback. If the X-Live is set to automatic, it will change these inputs from what you have assigned on the Recording mode to Playback mode.

If you are only getting USB 1/2 on the Aux 1/2, it means that you currently have assigned the Aux In Remap (playback mode) to card 1-2. If you want USB 1-8 (from the computer) to come into the first 8 channels of the X32, assign Card 1-8 to the first bank of Inputs (playback mode).

• December 31, 2019
    • bubbaguth
      JosefHolzer Hi All, I am experiencing the same issue.

So I use x32Rack+X-Live Card; Setup, Card USB-Interface 32in /32 out.
      All devices are uptodate with drivers and firmware versions.
      When I playback sound from the internet or an mp3 from local disk the output is automatically routed to Input Channel 1 and 2 - where I have plugged in the first Voc-MIC´s of the band.
      So all EQ´s and other effect settings of MIC - Input Channel XLR-1 and XLR-2 are used in the Output to Main.
      If I open the Windows Device Manager (start, run, Devmgmt.msc), Audio inputs and outputs - I only see OUT1-2 and IN 1-2.

Is there a way to route the Output in USB-Interface Mode to another Channel - ideally to 31 and 32 ?
      Thanks and Greetings,
      Joe
      • November 14, 2020
    • bubbaguth
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Josef, yes you can assign any source to each channel. That is done by selecting the desired channel strip, then on the Config screen, change the source from the Source drop-down list.
      • November 14, 2020
  • progodelic
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-31

Is there a longer version of the interconnecting cable between the two speakers to allow them to be spaced further apart? If so where can I purchase this?

0 121
    • progodelic
      proush01

I'm looking for the same thing.  I see no one has answered your request for over a month.  Kinda suspicious why there's no contact info for tech support!

• January 28, 2020
  • TheBeardedMage
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-30

So i recently got my 1204USB and have been using it to record podcasts with my windows laptop. I'm still getting used to some things and figuring out others. I am running it through USB into Audacity. The one issue I am continuously having is that my number 2 XLR input clip light keeps coming on, even without anything plugged in. If i plug in a cable, it goes on continuously. Im assuming at this point it's an issue with the XLR input and i will have to replace it. I'm trying to avoid sending it in to behringer as this could take a while and I really cant afford to be without the board for more than a week. Would i be able to replace the part myself? 

read more...
    0 103
    • TheBeardedMage
      KenMitchell

Hi Dennis ( @TheBeardedMage ), 

Welcome to the community. I'm sure you've already checked but do you have the gain turned down on the open input?  It sounds like you have a bad mic pre-amp but without a schematic it would be tough to figure out what part to replace.  AFAIK, Neither Behringer nor any of the other Music Tribe companies, publish schematics for their products.   Since you recently got the mixer I'd recommend returning it to the shop and asking them for a new one. 

Ken

• December 30, 2019
  • Hans-Georg
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-30

Hi All,

Does anyone knows, how the COPY, PASTE buttons work on the TD-3?

I appreciate your reply.

Kind Regrads
    Hans

0 1,944
    • Hans-Georg
      marco_m_berlin

1.Mode: Write

2.Function:normal mode

3.select source pattern

4.while  pressing FUNCTION Button  press ( 1.copy 2.destination pattern 3. paste)

5. release FUNCTION button

6.be happy

Grüße, Marco

• January 8, 2020
  • Dad_G
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-29

With the new individual routing available in X32 4.1, is there a way to route 14 inputs, plus Main LR out to the X-Live card for recording?  I've tried to set it up, but I'm not convinced I understand the new user routing in 4.1.

It looks like I can route outputs 1-8 to card input 17-24, which gets my main outs recorded, but at the cost of bigger files/less recording time.  

For our band, we end up only using 10-12 inputs depending on how exactly we're set up, size of the venue, etc.  I'd like to be able to route the main outputs back to the unused channels on the X-Live card, so I can keep the recording to 16 channels, and still record the Main LR for reference

Thanks

read more...
    0 314
    • Dad_G
      KevinMaxwell

If you aren’t using the Ultranet output for anything else using it as the source for your card might be the easiest way to do what you want. Then just assign the sources to the Ultranet to be what you want.

And BTW the firmware is version 4.01

• December 29, 2019
    • Dad_G
      Paul_Vannatto

@Dad_G wrote:

I'd like to be able to route the main outputs back to the unused channels on the X-Live card, so I can keep the recording to 16 channels, and still record the Main LR for reference

If your Main LR is currently assigned on Routing, Outputs 1-16, to outputs 7/8, do the following:

* Go to the Routing, User Outputs

* Output 1 -> Local In 1

* Output 2 -> Local In 2

... (etc.)

* Output 14 -> Local In 14

* Output 15 -> Out 7

* Output 16 -> Out 8

Go to the Routing, Card Out

* Outputs 1-8 -> User Out 1-8

* Outputs 9-16 -> User Out 9-16

• December 29, 2019
Go to page