Behringer

Brand

Behringer

285,464 members
167,439 posts
  • soundpartner
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-26

so i just ordered the wing, and have been tolt to expect it mid december.
    i am an experienced x/m32 user, and also a happy waves plugin user, and saw the audio over ip slots with a internal soundgrid expansion card.

anyone know when this will be awailable, or where to find it?

read more...
    0 674
    • soundpartner
      DerickDeruyck

What i saw in the video, is that the Dante card is the Brooklyn II card, so this is already available (you can use the one from the dante card in a X32)

Only thing is, it has to be intalled by an authorized repair centre because you have to open the mixer.

Don't know about Soundgrid, but it certainly will cost a lot to retrofit it after purchace.

• November 26, 2019
    • soundpartner
      KenMitchell

Hi Michael @soundpartner , 

Welcome to the community.  I think your seller might be a little optimistic on the delivery date. I was told by Sweetwater that the Wing won't even start to ship until after the first of the year.  In a YT video I watched they showed an internal Dante card as @DerickDeruyck pointed out but Jan only mentioned the SG card in passing.  If you need something right away, you might want to consider picking up a used X32 Core and adding an X-WSG card.  Although, that will only give you 32x32 instead of the 64x64 in the Wing itself. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• November 27, 2019
  • icecolled
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-26

Hello all 

Quick question 

I want to set all my x32 cues up and have them triggered by

My daw software from the midi piano roll.  Is there a way to do that.  I only want to manual advance the cues between song.  But inhave some automation I need to happen.  And I would like to not to have to do it while performing.  We are playing tona click from that daw software and all the lights are automated from the daw as well as the backing tracks.     Any help is appreciate.                               Thank you

Kenny Glennon 

read more...
    0 188
    • icecolled
      Paul_Vannatto

@icecolled wrote:

I want to set all my x32 cues up and have them triggered by my daw software from the midi piano roll.  Is there a way to do that. 

What DAW are you using? If it is Reaper, cues can be triggered via OSC commands. Patrick has an amazing app that is designed for Reaper and X32 called X32Reaper and his new app called X32ReaperAutoMate.

• November 26, 2019
    • icecolled
      icecolled

I am using sonar professional

• November 26, 2019
    • icecolled
      -mjk- Give Reaper a try. And with the automation software you won't be using the X32 like a cheap control surface, so you won't need a lot of plugins or spend too much time learning a new DAW system. You'll be using Reaper as a playback machine and the console audio engines, just as it should be.
      • November 27, 2019
  • dsn
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-26

In the previous firmware when the crave receives an external clock and the sequencer started  the knob time  worked as a clock divider and as my mother 32 does. Unfortunately from the new it does not work and so the steps of the sequencer are always at 1/16 resolution. The swing always works with the shift always on the knob time. Is a momentary bug ? Will be fix ? Another thing is the time LED which remains fixed even when set as internal clock, it starts pulsing only when the sequencer is in start

Thx Nicola 

p.s. Little Great Machine

read more...
    1 638
    • dsn
      abundzufreddy

Before the firmware update everything worked just fine via "DIN Sync".

The crave was synced to my DAW via MIDI and if I started crave via it's own start/stop button it also worked but with free tempo.

Now, as also stated in the "Update Log" the fuction of the tempo knob to controll the MIDI clock into subdivisions, got removed.

Please put the feature back in! Without it the CRAVE is useless for me.

Also now the sequencer seemingly does what it wants. It's completely out of time in relation to my DAW. The swing seems to be always on and if you turn the swing to hard left (1), the tempo doubles.

And now you have to decide if you want it to be 100% controlled via MIDI or 100% internal clock. So now I can't start the sequencer via the start/stop on the CRAVE if it's set to MIDI in the software.

So right now the crave is basically useless. None of the new features are improvements. Please fix this. And please take at least the option to control the MIDI clock via the tempo knob back in.

Best Regards

Freddy

• November 27, 2019
  • Coda2020
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-26

Warranty repair...

I’ve been trying to contact Behringer for the last week. They used to be a phone number you could call and talk to a human. Now the only way to do it is to get on Music tribe. I’ve had such a hard time trying to get on Music tribe. Does anybody have a solution to how I can go about getting my Behringer app repaired under warranty?

read more...
    0 369
    • Coda2020
      KenMitchell

Hi John ( @Coda2020 ), 

Welcome to the community.  You need to open a warranty repair case here: https://www.behringer.com/brand/behringer/support#googtrans(en|en)

You should receive any automated email reply with a case number telling you that someone will contact you within one business day.  Be patient since that is more like a week (or more) these days.  If you don't get the auto-reply, check you spam or junk folder. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken 

• November 26, 2019
  • FrancoFreda
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-26

Hey All! I wanted to quickly ask if there was any idea when a firmware 4.0 compatible X32 iPad App would be released I don't want to update my X32 Rack until this is done since the only way I control it is through my iPad...

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 1,218
    • FrancoFreda
      RexBeckett

@FrancoFreda 

I haven't seen any ETA for a V4.0 version of the standard iPad X32 app. The latest version of Mixing Station for iOS supports V4.0 though.

• November 26, 2019
    • FrancoFreda
      adam_nowak

Hi FrancoFreda,

We are currently working on an update for the X32Edit Ipad app, but it will take quite some time ...
      The actual app still works with the 4.00 firmware, but lacks the added features like User Slot assignments
      You can still access those features using the x32 rack's screen
      Dont forget to backup all your data before updating, and take notes of your settings (ip adress, preferences) as those will be reset

Best regards

• November 27, 2019
    • FrancoFreda
      PetriOjanperä

Still nothing? 

• April 6, 2020
    • FrancoFreda
      DaveMorrison

@PetriOjanperä 

It depends on your definition of compatible. I've been using the old version with 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 since they were released. Mixing works great. Routing doesn't. When I'm playing and mixing (at the same time), it's my go to app. That being said, Mixing Station is completely compatible and always up-to-date. It's well worth a few dollars.

• April 6, 2020
  • LucDeBacker
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-26

Hi all,

I have the X32 full size and the Core. I did a couple of gig's (smaller ones) and know my way around it but the last year unfortunately my health got to me and didn't do one bit. 

Now with the new firmware and possibly some new gigs in sight I want to pick up the board again. I also assigned to some courses for mixing and learning the X32 desk more. I'm a novice... I did what I could on those gigs and it was reasonably alright but I was not confident and struggled a lot with the monitors and several smaller feedback issues. I felt also the mix didn't blend as I would have liked. The band was fine with it though and the audience never had any idea of my struggles LOL

I guess we all started there and I was wondering though if someone in the community has a couple of multitrack recordings to share so I can learn the desk better as well as experiencing mixing craft. 

Not asked is never get.

I'd apprciate it very much, so thanks in advance if someone is willing to share something.

Regards, Luc

read more...
    0 213
    • LucDeBacker
      KenMitchell

Hi Luc ( @LucDeBacker ), 

Glad to hear you're getting back into the game.  I've always found Mike Senior's website to be a great resource for finding multi-tracks for practice.   http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

Shameless plug for Mike: I've read both of his books a couple of times now and picked up a lot from him. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• November 26, 2019
    • LucDeBacker
      LucDeBacker

Hey Ken,

That is awesome. A lot of resource material there.

I need to give it spin clearly. Thanks again.

Kudos

• November 26, 2019
  • paoloranchetti
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-26

ciao a tutti sono suovo del sistema , ho acquistato una scheda audio Uphoria 1820  , ho un problema di scariche elettriche nella scheda  mi spiego:

quando collego il micorfono Valvolare (auto alimentato con alimentatore a valvole esterno) mi entrano in cuffia o in spia dei rumori di scariche elettriche scllego il micorfono e collego un micorfono dinamico e non succede nulla ma anche se scollego il cavo USB il rumore sparisce non capisco se il problema sia la incompatibilità del micorfono con la scheda audio qualcuno può aiutarmi ????

grazie Mille

Paolo

read more...
    0 108
  • hbc
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-26

Hey Team,

So we updated to the v4 firmware last week which we're loving, but noticed a few issues.

Firstly, it reset my libraries and snippets. I did a backup of everything before I did the update, so I was able to restore them, HOWEVER, when I imported all my libraries, I only had 46 loaded, with the other 53 as blanks. I had spaces between some items so I could "block" content together to break it up a bit. When the 46 items imported, they renumbered themselves to have no gaps in between, but they also wiped the other 53 items, and I can now no longer save items to those 53 slots in the library. If I hit the utility button it shows the other 53 as greyed out and I can't select them at all. How can I get access to these 53 please? Also, it would be super helpful when saving a library item to "insert above" or "insert below" another item so I can re-order my list. For example, I have 6 singers mics all saved alphabetically. Say I want to add another singer whose name starts with "A", I want to be able to go "insert/save above" my singer whose name starts with "B" so it's quick and easy to find it next time. Especially since my spaces have gone.

The other issues we had was the static IP address reset itself to auto (quick easy fix), some of the icons didn't update relative to each other (e.g. we had the "crowd" icon which on channels swapped to the new singing icon but on the bus changed to another icon completely which I can't remember. Easy fix, but a bit odd).

Just a quick feature request as well. When recalling a library item, it would be good to be able to load the scribble strip colour seperate to all the other elements. We have colours on our mics and when we call the item it resets to the colour it was when we saved it. I would like to just be able to load the name and the icon if possible.

read more...
    0 515
    • hbc
      adam_nowak

Hi hbc

Thanks for reaching out

Firmware upgrades do replace the internal memory, so it is unavoidable to have some data loss.
      This will be somehow prevented from this FirmWare 4.00, by asking a user to do a console backup before updating the mixer.

Concerning libraries and importing presets, the FW 4.00 had problems when importing presets made prior to FW 2.12, this will be corrected in the next release. A temporary workaround would be to use X-Edit to transfer those presets to your mixer. You could also check the preset files using a basic text editor, they should start with "#4.0#". If it starts with a single "#", thats the cause of the problem... You can fix those files by adding the proper starting version number, but using X-Edit will be way faster.

Regarding the fact that you can no longer save in those slots, it's because you are scrolling the list using the LOAD encoder, this selects only the presets that can be loaded. Try scrolling using the SAVE encoder.
      In this FW 4.00, there are many places where several encoders double the function of other ones. It was a bit of a shame to have useless encoders, and it can somehow save you if you have a faulty encoder.

For those "Insert preset" feature request, the tricky part would be to fit it in the user interface in an understandable way. For this task, I recommend using X-Edit again. This lets you manage the libraries with more flexibility, as its easier to use your computer screen than the builtin mixer screen.

The reseting IP adress is normal, as the mixer defaults to DHCP set to ON when doing a factory reset. So this is not a bug
      Icons changed to fit the new design better, they are taken from the channel icons used on the new WING mixer.

It is possible to recall only the Name/Icon/Color part of a preset by using the recall scope on the left.
      Select the header of the list to (de)select all elements, and check "Name/Icon". Unfortunately, there's no way yet of locking the colors, but we take note of your request

Hope all this helped,
      Musically, Adam

• November 26, 2019
  • Wdgreen2004
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-25

Is there someone out here willing to talk with me over the phone to help with a few things on my XR 18 iPad. I have most things figured out but I Just need to get a few questions answered and shown to me quickly.  I have a big show this Friday. 813 326 7889 Willie please call or text me

read more...
    0 154
    • Wdgreen2004
      KenMitchell

Hi Wille, 

Please see the post we are already using to help you and post your questions there.   This is a community forum with many friendly and knowledeable people willing to help out. 

With all of the scams going around it is very unlikely that someone is going to call or text you.  I'd also advise you not to post you phone number to the forum for similar reasons. 

Ken

• November 25, 2019
    • Wdgreen2004
      Wdgreen2004

ok thank u. I'm new to the site and trying to find the old post. I'm using an IPad an not sure how to se d a screenshot of the scenes. that's why I took pictures. I will search more now. But the only problem I think I'm having is the mains wont play.  let me work on the screenshot 

• November 25, 2019
    • Wdgreen2004
      DaveMorrison

@Wdgreen2004 

Here are (older) instructions for saving/uploading a scene. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum
      Upload by Choose File at the bottom of the window.

• November 25, 2019
  • boris59
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-24
    0 129
    • boris59
      DaveMorrison

Hi @boris59 

Unfortunately, it's not working with iOS 13. It's unclear when this may be fixed. If you may consider using the Mixing Station app. It's very good, updated regularly, and highly customizable.

• November 24, 2019
Go to page