Behringer

Brand

Behringer

289,911 members
172,483 posts
  • rogerbolte
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-23

I am new to Digital Mixers. I have an X32 & S32 showing green link. The X32 came with 3.x firmware, which I upgraded to 4.0.1. I can get audio output to the Solo (using headphones) and have the meters showing output, but with output routed to either the local XLR's or the S32 XLR's, I have no audio through a known good amp & speaker setup. I have attached a scene file.

scene1.scn
    read more...
    0 1,061
    • rogerbolte
      CraigFowler

There are a few things wrong with that scene.

Firstly, you have routed your AES50 inputs back to your AES50 outputs, ie whatever's plugged into the S32's preamps will appear on the S32's outputs; not your monitor buses.

Secondly, same mistake but with the console's own XLR outputs.

Thirdly your bus masters are all down at -inf.  The only reason you're getting any sound in headphones if you're PFLing those buses instead of AFLing them.

• December 23, 2019
    • rogerbolte
      rogerbolte

Thank you for replying.

I am new to this. I am unsure if I am able to undersand how to correct the obvious (to you, of course), routing. I am confused as to which tab goes which direction (I'm sure that makes little sense to you), hence the improper routing.

Firstly, you have routed your AES50 inputs back to your AES50 output:

Which Routing tab are you referring to? I assume you are talking about the Routing, Inputs tab?

If so, I am assuming the "Source" would be like a mic connected to the S32 "AES50-A" (preamps) and the "Channel" would be an X32 input channel. So, "AES50-A 1-8" would be assigned to "Channel 1-8". Wrong, huh?

On the Routing, AES50 tab, does the Source indicate the source on the X32 and the Output indicate where the X32 source is Output? I know this will become obvious to me eventually. Is that correct? So, Source is "Local 1-8" (meaning X32 outputs) assigned to "AES50-A 1-8". To be clear, I want all 16 outputs from the X32 to be physically at the S32 outputs.

On the Routing, XLR tab, does the "Output" indicate the X32 output? This is very confusing to me. To me, you would assign the X32 "Outputs 1-4" to the S32 "AES50-A 1-4" output connectors. This must be false? How do I  interpret... I want the 16 XLR's on the S32 to be the physical outputs.

Next, I am sure you see how confused I am. I want very much to understand how to interpret the routing.

Second, I am not concerned about the Bus Masters, as I probably got frustrated and pulled the masters prior to taking the scene snapshot.

Please don't give up on me. I will succeed.

Thanks again, Craig.

• December 23, 2019
    • rogerbolte
      rogerbolte

@CraigFowler...Perhaps I could ask that you show me correctly routed screens for S32 stage box & a X32 FOH with all inputs and outputs at the S32? That is basically how I am using the system.

• December 23, 2019
    • rogerbolte
      DaveMorrison

@rogerbolte 

Your inputs were fine (assuming you connected the S32 AES50-A port to the X32 AES50-A port).

The AES50 tab is for setting the outputs. Which local and network signal are put on the bus. The trick is in most cases you need to send the busses (LRC and mixbuses) to the AES50 (or even XLR) outs. To do this Out 1-16 is where the assignments are made which then are put on the AES50 bus to be sent to your S32.

Take a look at this video I made for the all important Out 1-16 tab. https://youtu.be/hWPCKCSR7fU 

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

scene 2.scn
      • December 23, 2019
    • rogerbolte
      rogerbolte

Thanks @dave, I'll look and study.

@DaveMorrison wrote:

@rogerbolte 

Your inputs were fine (assuming you connected the S32 AES50-A port to the X32 AES50-A port).

The AES50 tab is for setting the outputs. Which local and network signal are put on the bus. The trick is in most cases you need to send the busses (LRC and mixbuses) to the AES50 (or even XLR) outs. To do this Out 1-16 is where the assignments are made which then are put on the AES50 bus to be sent to your S32.

Take a look at this video I made for the all important Out 1-16 tab. https://youtu.be/hWPCKCSR7fU 

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

• December 23, 2019
  • Mer_lin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-23

I recently bought a condenser mic and a Behringer Xenyx Q502 USB mixer. No matter what I try, I can't get anything from my mic besides static. I'm pretty sure I have it all setup to my PC correctly. I even took the equipment back to the store and they tested it all out so they work fine on their own. I tried everything that I can with the drivers on Windows 10 as well but nothing seems to be working. The only thing that is working correctly is that I can get audio from my PC through the usb to the headphones.

read more...
    0 1,238
    • Mer_lin
      Mer_lin

I'm also very new to this, so any help and advice would be greatly apprciated.

• December 23, 2019
    • Mer_lin
      KenMitchell

Hi Mariah ( @Mer_lin ), 

Welcome to the community.  A condensor mic requires phantom power.  Do you have the mic plugged into an XLR jack and do you have 48V phantom power turned on?   What make/model of mic is it?  

Also, under Settings, Privacy, Microphone, make sure you have 'Allow access to the microphone' turned on. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• December 23, 2019
    • Mer_lin
      Mer_lin

Hello Ken,
      I do have the mic plugged into the XLR jack and the button is on for the phantom power. I have an AKG P120 microphone and the settings to allow the microphone is on as well.

• December 23, 2019
    • Mer_lin
      KenMitchell

OK. Where do you have the mic gain set to for Input 1?  I'd set it to about 12 o'clock. If you turn up the level on Channel 1 as well as the PHONES level, can you hear the mic in the headphones?   We need to determine if the problem is on the mixer side or the PC side. 

Ken 

• December 23, 2019
    • Mer_lin
      Mer_lin

I kept the gain at about 12 o' clock and turned the level up for the headphones but I don't hear anything, just more static as I turned the volume up.

• December 23, 2019
  • MusicallySavage
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-23

Hi Guys

Hmmm... I'd like to plug my headphones into my laptop to monitor what's going into the XR18. Solo tracks etc... Wandering around a venue with an IEM plugged in at the stage is an obvious solution. But I wondered if I can route the monitor mix somewhere back into the laptop and listen (and save running a separate line from the stage)

I presume it's a case of getting actual sound through the USB back to the laptop. The main issue is getting any sort of signal to the laptop headphone output.

Anyone had success?

read more...
    0 249
    • MusicallySavage
      KenMitchell

Hi Luke, 

You mention getting sound to the laptop.  Can we assume that your laptop is stationary at FOH?  You also mention wandering around the venue that's why I'm asking.  There's been a number of discussions on using wireless transmitters (BT or WiFi) attached to the HP jack to do this.  I think there was even a discussion on sharing the unused pairs on an Ethernet cable for this, assuming you already have an Ethernet cable running point-to-point from the stage to FOH.  AFAIK, Monitor can't only be routed to Main or Phones, but not USB. 

Ken

• December 23, 2019
  • 3phase
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-23

I want to critizise the software development on the behringer synths. The bugs show a pretty unimmaginativ, unpractical, inexperienced handwriting. limitations that dont save any cpu resources, missunderstood festures and workflows of the original machines. When the developers are too young to know the originals on a personal level, there should be at least betatesters with knowledge.

many essential things inbetwern the synths sre not working.. a td-3 cant trigger a pro-1 for exampel.. so no compatability between behringer synths? 

there is the attempt to add a little more software features to the behringer remakes. But too little, too unimaginative.

I see that this is not a point until at least the base function work.

where the td-3 as a sequencer instruments lacks the most in relation to an original 303.. 

But we live in the 21th century now.. 40 years later. Original concepts could be improoved.. not diminished..

pro-1 for example.. Behringer adds duophoni, great..

But why not making the little sequencer duophonic too than? that would be great, and easy to implement without interfeering with the original functionality. If you need a concept, i could provide one for free.. 

In case the readons are really a kack in own ideas.

read more...
    1 204
    • 3phase
      OrlandoPergamo

Behringer doesn't know how to do stuff. If they have to copy, ok, but as soon they have to deal with problems or change the digital side of your gear they fail. I was really hyped for all this new synth. My Neutron which is an original synth from them sounds great thank to the CEM 3340 and the filter but the rest it seems the first DIY project of somebody. Honestly if I have to accept compromise to save some penny I prefer have a simpler synth. Having your pulse width behave strangely is not a compromise is absolutely **bleep**ed up especially when Behringer claim that's how it should behave. So we're basically talking about a company that doesn't know how synthesiser works and after they "steal" eurorack circuit without even mention them I'm out with them. Sure I won't have 4 synth for $1000 but at least I'll get a synth that works and I can enjoy

• January 8, 2020
    • 3phase
      gbp37500

my pro-1 will only play midi notes 36-120.
      firmware is latest version.

i swapped it out for my model d as a test. connected the same way. that works fine.

cv & gate do not work on their own.
      when connected by midi, the cv & gate work only when a midi note is transmitted.

please tell me what i'm missing. thanks and best wishes.

• May 17, 2020
  • Algarve
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-23

Due to the latest updates to the X AIR app from version 1.6.2 (available on 27.11.19), users who have older iPads with iOS versions older than 12.0 can no longer use their devices to control the mixers. BEHRINGER X18 / XR18 / XR16 / XR12. Please ask them to make the X AIR application available in version 1.6.1, so that customers like me can continue to use their devices to control their mixers. Thank you.

read more...
    2 3,247
    • Algarve
      KenMitchell

I completely agree @Algarve . 

I must admit I don't understand the Apple release mechanisms but it certainly seems possible, even it the apps have to have slightly different names.   In the mean time, you might want to check out Mixing Station for IOS. David does an amazing job at continuously improving this app and taking care of any issues very quickly. 

Ken

• December 23, 2019
    • Algarve
      JeremyBusby Have a look at this post from Behringer explaining how to do it: https://www.facebook.com/BEHRINGER/posts/10157916890113914 Worked fine for my iPad stuck on IOS9. There is a link in the article to an Apple article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201377?fbclid=IwAR0ROTbZNaQBgz6xP3pdBnuea-DGK4B4E11bkPdqVK4HHrkDHdz_7pF7L5g which explains how to download the older version
      • December 23, 2019
    • Algarve
      Soccer_1266

I tried the two links that your put on and when I tried it kept saying that I needed to have iOS 12 or lateral download it and it's happening to tons of people I know is there anything you guy should can't do ?

• February 26, 2020
    • Algarve
      HarryBurks

I've reached in a separate thread but have the variant of it he issue - I have latest greatest iPad Pro 11 and os 13.4.1, and no access to the app in the apple store - any ideas/workaround?

• April 8, 2020
    • Algarve
      Britishbulldog

• September 24, 2021
  • minnie08
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-23

When will i recieve the email after product registration so i can acssses the bundled software

0 542
    • minnie08
      KenMitchell

Hi Mike @minnie08 , 

Welcome to the community.  I typically get mine with 30 minutes of registering a product. Have you checked your spam folder?   The bundled software is Tracktion Waveform 8 OEM so, in the mean time, you can get started with the Free Tracktion T7 which is file compatible with Waveform. 

https://www.tracktion.com/products/t7-daw

Once you get the redemption code you can go here: 

https://www.tracktion.com/products/waveform-daw-oem

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• December 23, 2019
    • minnie08
      broneoppa

Same issue for me here, registration comes back with an error saying to try later, and 3 attemots of registering via care center just instantly changes it to "problem solved" I even tried it without letters and only numbers. I put up a general ticket asking for registration assistence and it hasnt updated in 3+ days. Like others the hardware is great and works out of the box but the registration/software bundle side has been unintuitive and not functional. I suppose worst case scenario I can pirate trackiton 8 since its supposed to be in my possesion anyway

• March 3, 2020
    • minnie08
      RexBeckett

@broneoppa 

Hello Brion, welcome to the community.

The error message from the Care ticket system often means that some of the required information is missing or invalid. I hope they find a way to give more useful messages. Meanwhile, if you let us know the case numbers that were issued, we can have someone look into them to see what's going wrong.

Stay tuned to your email spam folder - replies have been missed this way.

• March 3, 2020
    • minnie08
      timminsh

I have the same problem. I registered the UM2 on Sunday, 3May2020 and still no email from Behringer with code. I am in a Jam group and I need to get this going so I can join in soonest. Can someone tell me how to solve this? Please??????

• May 4, 2020
    • minnie08
      AlexLane

Hi @timminsh ,

Could you send me your case number in a private message please? I will investigate this for you

• May 5, 2020
  • PaulSinnema
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-23

I'm quite new to this subject although I do have some (theoretical) knowledge about it. I've just received my new Behringer PMP500 Powered Mixer. I remember from older days that an amplifier should not be powered on without the speakers attached to the output ports. Is this still true for the PMP500?

read more...
    0 133
    • PaulSinnema
      RexBeckett

@PaulSinnema 

Hello Paul, welcome to the community.

The PMP500 can be powered on without speakers connected. The advice from older days was for amplifiers that had output transformers. It still applies to some modern amplifiers but not the PMP500.

• December 22, 2019
  • aalleexx5
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-22

I just got an x18 mixer for my hardware set up and I love it. I tried to use it as my audio interface with FL Studio but I get a lot of crashes. This unit is not meant to be my main audio interface but once in a while, I would like to use it to record directly into my projects. I'm using the latest version of FL Studio (20.6) Are there any known issues with this combo? I had and iD4 in the past and that worked perfectly. I don't have it anymore so I can't compare the two. Are there any programs that might create more problems, such as Native Instruments or iZotope? Any alternative drivers? Thank you for any suggestions.

read more...
    0 142
    • aalleexx5
      KenMitchell

Hi @aalleexx5 , 

Welcome to the community.  What OS are you running? If Windows, what version of the ASIO drivers are you running?    Just as a test, can you try an older version of FL Studio as I noticed that version 20.6 was just recently released? 

Ken

• December 22, 2019
    • aalleexx5
      briandua

FL Studio is a powerful tool for both experienced musicians and those just starting out. One thing about the software: https://techtodown.com/fl-studio-mobile that can be intimidating, at first glance though its complexity may seem overwhelming- this tutorial aims to introduce you to some basics of what's possible in our programs when creating music or sound effects!

• Apr 12
  • Caught exception: Specified column "user_id" is not in the row
  • karenevil
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-22

I can't get latest firmware for my MODEL D from Download Center/

https://www.behringer.com/Categories/c/Behringer/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

Version 1.0.5 is downloadable now, there is only 1.0.5 but this is not latest. 

(I'm new for MODEL D and I stupidly downloaded and installed 1.0.5 .. GAH! )

snapshot_2019_12_20_212448.png
    read more...
    0 163
    • karenevil
      KenMitchell

Hi @karenevil , 

Welcome to the community.  According to this post, the latest firmware is now being bundled with the Synthtool: https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Musician/MODEL-D-Firmware-update-1-1-1-released/td-p/216142

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• December 22, 2019
    • karenevil
      karenevil

Hi Ken,

Thank you for the comment. I noticed the Synthtool and tried it.

Unfortunately it says " could under maintenance"  now .

Maybe something is wrong with the Berhinger's server.

I have to wait for a while.

karenevil

• December 22, 2019
    • karenevil
      Stfufane

Hey there,

Did someone make it work? My unit has version 1.0.5, I totally neglected firmware upgrades since I bought it. I tried the different versions of Synth Tool but none of them detect my Model D Is there a manipulation to do? I tried the 1.0.5 firmware upgrade and it recognizes the synth and updates it without a problem so I don't think there's an issue with my USB port or cable. 

Can someone help me please?

• May 11, 2020
Go to page