Behringer

Brand

Behringer

293,645 members
176,671 posts
  • madd45
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-12

New to the XR18 and wondering why/what results in Aux1&2 bus signals to be on the MAIN outputs.  I am setting up AUX1&2 for monitors noticed that channels sent to the Aux1&2 busses were also appearing on the MainLR outputs even when those (MAIN) faders were pulled down.  I don't see this happening on Aux 3,4,5 or 6 only Aux 1&2.  I think I'm overlooking a routing setting that may have been an artifact from a previous configuration.  Thank you in advance.  

read more...
    0 202
    • madd45
      UlfBoettcher

Hello,

I don't know which program / app you are using. It sounds like the busses are configured to send to L/R. Check the output section of the busses. There should be a button LR. Check if it is active.

ulf

• January 12, 2020
    • madd45
      KenMitchell

Hi Matt ( @madd45 ), 

Welcome to the community.  The best thing to do is to save a scene file using XAir Edit and post it here. Use Choose File in the lower left when replying.   With a scene file we can usually determine the problem quickly. 

Ken

• January 12, 2020
    • madd45
      madd45

Thank you for the quick responses!  Attached is a scene file.

20200110.scn
      • January 12, 2020
    • madd45
      KevinMaxwell

@madd45 wrote:

Thank you for the quick responses!  Attached is a scene file.

Looking at your scene in the edit program I see that you do have the stereo send enabled on the aux input labeled “Music”. Unselect that and it should fix that problem. The other thing I noticed is that input 16 labeled “Matt Keys” has the channel source set to USB 16 I don’t know if that is really what you want. Be sure to check that out.  

• January 12, 2020
    • madd45
      madd45

Thank you Kevin.  I'm using XAir Edit 1.5 with an XAir18, could you give me a bit more guidence on where that is.  The Sends tab/screen shows me AUX taps (pre/post/etc) and levels but I don't see the routing control you noted.  My best. 

• January 12, 2020
  • RobertDorn
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-12

Hey, anyone here know if the copilot app just will be for setting up sources and routing like discussed in the 'Complete Overview' Youtube from Behringer or if it -hopefully- will also be capable of controlling the whole mixer like with the M32 app. And will there be an accompanying Q-app, also like with the MX32 .  Actually just picked up an M32 with DL16 for only this reason. And already regretting buying a new M32 while the Wing with its processing capability exists. The moment they release the app(s) i'm swapping the M32 for a Wing but it really lacks on clear information on the app so perhaps someone here knows

read more...
    1 2,527
    • RobertDorn
      MarcusLinden

Hi

does anybody have info about when the app will be releases?

• January 18, 2020
    • RobertDorn
      jlwall

Behringer peoples, where / when is the copilot app being released.

• January 23, 2020
    • RobertDorn
      CalebHeath

Any news on the control app and "Q variation app"

also any news on the desktop control app? 

• January 29, 2020
    • RobertDorn
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi @CalebHeath , @RobertDorn , @jlwall , @MarcusLinden 

There are various apps in the works. Most of them are being tested and will be released when the developers and testers feel confident that they are ready for public release. No ETA at this point. This includes the official Co-Pilot, Mixing Station, and X/M32 to Wing converter (a scene to snapshot converter). I can give you an ETA for the converter (since I'm the developer). If all goes well it should be ready for early next week. 

Please understand that we are in the same stage of development that we went through with the X32 back in 2012 when the hardware preceded the software tools. Patience is requested.

• January 29, 2020
    • RobertDorn
      hearitclear

Hi Paul.  Let me know if you have interest in a beta tester.  We bought two and have one opened up at the shop, waiting for cases to send it out.  

Most of my questions were in another thread.  

So there will be future scene compatibility between X32 and X wing?  And setup configuration flowthrough as well?  That will be a biggest draw for clients entering wing usage from this platform.  Would be great to see that in "edit" software flowthrough as well.

Thank you for your time on this.

• February 4, 2020
  • marcpinion
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-12

How many fx can you use at one time. If more than one are they serial or parallel. 

0 174
    • marcpinion
      DB-4433

Any luck with this?  I'm interested in both an EQ and Compressor together.  Thanks!

DB

• January 20, 2020
    • marcpinion
      DanB

I am also trying to find this answer. For my new X2222usb mixer. Only one at a time, is that right? Unless  you choose a mix preset like #15 Delay-Reverb which is difficult to control. The delay (echo) goes on and on and I can't find a way to control it.

Thanks for any help!

• March 12, 2020
  • Jim-hoagland
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-12

While mixing for a worship service layer Chan 1-16 the x32 randomly changes to layer aux/fx with out pressing the aux/fx botton.

0 117
    • Jim-hoagland
      RexBeckett

@Jim-hoagland 

Hello Jim, welcome to the community.

My first suspect would be the Aux/FX button. Does it feel different to the other layer buttons? If the button is defective you will need to raise a Care ticket (Service Request). This is done by clicking on Support at the top of the page and then clicking the Create a Care Ticket button. This is only possible if you have completed the required fields in your profile. The Care ticket is currently the only way to request technical support, service and spare parts from any of the Music Tribe companies.

• January 12, 2020
    • Jim-hoagland
      KenMitchell

Hi @Jim-hoagland , 

I agree with Rex. Also, wanted to point out that it may not be as "random" as you think it is.  If possible, assign a spotter to observe while you are mixing and have them pay particular attention to what you were doing when it happens.  A great task for a helper with OCD tendencies. 

Ken

• January 12, 2020
  • sz4bo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-12

Hi,

on the official page where I can download the synthtool (for win) there is no visible system requirements listed. What is the lowest windows version this tool can run, 8,10? Also the app does not start for me, it is complaining about missing QT libraries under win7 and complaining about openGL2 missing libraries.

read more...
    0 117
    • sz4bo
      calli

I can confirm that it runs under 8.1 with no problems.

I can start it on Windows 7 also (no synth connected but starts flawless)

I guess your system is 64bit? QT should come with the tool, OpenGL shoud also be part of Win7... So I am out of ideas here. You can try to install QT Libs from the official sources I guess and try to update your Graphics cards drivers however that will probably mess with your system hard if you are not very familiar with such stuff. Be warned!

Carsten

• January 12, 2020
  • andybet78
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-12

hello, i recieved a behringer umx 610 keyboard and i plugged it thriugh usb to my laptop but i cand find to hear any sound coming from the keyboard . can anyone help please . thank you

0 108
    • andybet78
      KenMitchell

Hi @andybet78 , 

Welcome to the community.  The UMX610 is a USB/MIDI controller, not a synthesizer, so you won't get any sound out of it.  What goes through the USB cable is MIDI data that tells a virtual instrument running on your laptop what to play.  The 610 can also control an external MIDI sound module if connected using the DIN connector on the 610.   

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• January 12, 2020
  • Midiguru
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-12

After some time running well, X32-Edit (4.1 bur earlier versions as well) doesn't start anymore in Windows 10. Screen shows a white window for a few seconds and it's over.... Remarkably when switching to another Windows User everything works well for some time and then the same happens...

Help...

read more...
    0 429
    • Midiguru
      RexBeckett

@Midiguru 

Hello Frans, welcome to the community.

It sound as though the settings for X32 Edit are being corrupted. You can reset them to default by exiting the app and deleting the folder: C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming\X32-Edit. It will be recreated when you start X32 Edit again.

If the problem happens again, it may be caused by some setting you are changing or scene you are loading. There could also be confusion if you run different versions of X32 Edit as the same user on the PC.

• January 11, 2020
    • Midiguru
      Midiguru

Hi Rex,

Thanks, but now for the next challenge: that folder does not exist at all!

Grtz.

• January 11, 2020
    • Midiguru
      GaryHiggins

@MidiguruFile Explorer/view/checkbox selected for hidden items

• January 11, 2020
  • gregd
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-12

Hey everyone,

i just bought an XR18, and i would like to know if i'm causing any damage if there's nothing plugged in to the Main Left and Right XLR outputs. We want to use the headphone and aux outputs only. (for band rehearsal)

just want to make sure. Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 108
  • uncle_owen
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-11

My band uses backing tracks and needs the drummer to use headphones so that he can hear the click track. If he uses the front monitor port, do we have control of his mix in the monitor port or does he need to use one of the Aux ports? 

0 152
    • uncle_owen
      CraigFowler

If by "front monitor port" you mean the phones socket, this is tied to the console's solo bus.  You can stereo-link a pair of buses for the drummer to use, he can mix them how he likes, then you can solo those buses and use the phones socket on the front.  However this essentially sacrifices the console's solo functionality, and the built in headphone amp might not be loud enough for a drummer.

• January 11, 2020
    • uncle_owen
      uncle_owen

Sounds like the best way to go would be to use another Aux out then right?

• January 11, 2020
  • rodj54
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-11

How long did it take for a response from the Tribe? My Behringer Sub woofer 1500 when out and I just had it for 6 months. Are the fast enough to get my work order number? I tool the speaker there just waiting them

0 87
Go to page