Behringer

Brand

Behringer

293,462 members
176,455 posts
  • RobertRothe
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-10

I'm looking at the X1222USB analog mixer.  The specs say that it has 4 mic preamps which are controlled by the gain knobs on channels 1-4.  However, there are also gain knobs on channels 5-12.  In the manual it says these knobs: "+20 to -20 dB scale shows the sensitivity for the corresponding input level that is applied to the line input."   Do these channels also have preamps (but not 'mic' preamps)? 

read more...
    0 138
    • RobertRothe
      DaveMorrison

@RobertRothe wrote:

Do these channels also have preamps (but not 'mic' preamps)? 

In a sense yes, but it's just an amplification stage. A microphone pre-amp raises the mic's very small signal up to line level.

• September 10, 2019
  • bdenny20
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-10

Having an issue with a new UMC204HD interface I bought so I could have a nice sounding microphone on Discord.  Let me preface by saying that I am not an exceptionally knowledgeable audiophile, but just an amateur hobbyist in this department.

The two issues I am having is:

1. Audio cuts out once every 3-5 minutes for only a second.  You can hear two faint clicks in the headphones and audio comes back.  Normally this is tolerable, with the exception of when in Ableton.  Once it cuts out and comes back, I lose audio in Ableton until I restart the program.  Not ideal.
    2. I have no audio on Chrome.  The Chrome playback appears in the volume mixer for HD Playback on the motherboard sound card, but it will not show up in the volume mixer for the UMC204HD.  I have the Behringer set as default.  I have manually pointed Chrome to the 204HD as well as default, no change.  I get audio everywhere else.  I'm using Microsoft Edge for Youtube at the moment.

What I did was plugged the 204HD into the computer via USB.  The microphone goes into the XLR port, and the headphones went into the 204HD.  I went to the website and installed the 4.59 drivers.  After installation, the device manager showed 'Unknown devices' instead of the 204HD and I had no 204HD input/output options.  Right clicking and allowing Windows to locate updated drivers installed a driver with the version number 10.0.18362.207.

After that, I have the audio working to the described scenario.  In device manager, I'm still showing these two issues:   

Allowing Windows to search for a driver under the Other Devices was not successful.  Searching for the one under Sound Controllers  only resulted in me being told I have the latest drivers.  

I'm not sure what to do next, I thought I had a couple leads with Google, but nothing panned out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

read more...
    1 832
    • bdenny20
      ust

Hello.

You should uninstall the drivers and disable all other sound processors like onboard soundcard, nvidia hd audio or any other hdmi targeted sound drivers etc. 

So behringer must work all alone. I know i am new, but i searched a lot on reddit etc. 

After all, i bought the interface and did everything like i said, and then i installed the latest drivers from support page, while in the next step of installing, you will be warned that you should connect the device or connect later.. I advice you to connect right there; not before or after.

For now everything is ok, i did try every activity i did before i buy the interface. Youtube etc. 
      I even played guitar over a song listening by YouTube. (that's the most issue people talks about).

Recorded guitar in Reaper. Sound never stopped. 

The only thing i didn't like is the depth noise. It is more than i expected. Even if midas preamps does that, i can't recognise the Xenyx ones...

Have a nice day.

• October 8, 2019
  • PeterGunnar
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-10
    0 340
    • PeterGunnar
      PeterGunnar

Hi all just having an issue I can’t work out, I’m new so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I did a search before asking. I have a X32 full desk linked up to 2 x s16’s all setting are correct and everything works fine except for one input (#3) on the first s16 all other inputs and out puts work on both s16.

i get a signal on the desk when I plug a mic In input 3 but no sound, it’s not muted and all settings seem to be ok. It’s doing my head in as every other channel works perfectly. Can anyone suggest what I’m missing or doing wrong here.

Thanks Peter.

• September 9, 2019
    • PeterGunnar
      RexBeckett

@PeterGunnar 

Hello Peter, welcome to the forum.

The fastest way for us to help is to look at your X32 scene. Save the scene and attach the .scn file to your post. See Choose File button below.

• September 9, 2019
    • PeterGunnar
      PeterGunnar

Thanks for the tip, I didn’t think I had anything stored in scenes, I’ll check and post up here if there is any save

Peter. ?

• September 9, 2019
    • PeterGunnar
      Paul_Vannatto

@PeterGunnar wrote:

Thanks for the tip, I didn’t think I had anything stored in scenes, I’ll check and post up here if there is any save

Whatever your current settings are, save to a scene. Then use the Utility button to export that scene to a file - or use X32-Edit on your PC (Windows, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi). Then as Rex mentioned, attach to your next post.

• September 9, 2019
    • PeterGunnar
      SethUldall

@PeterGunnar 

Peter, I'm going to take a wild guess and recommend you check your output tab for channel 3.  Is the "Main Stereo LR" button highlited?  If not, click it and you should get your audio.

• September 10, 2019
  • SynthGuru
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-07

When I backup my DeepMind patches to my computer, the load them into the DeepMind, all patches "pitch bend range" change to -22 and +22. Others have complained about this. What is the solution?

0 164
    • SynthGuru
      mauronedj

I have the same problem, I think both the Ipad and the Windows app are broken as far as saving and importing presets (tried with MidiOX and all worked flawlessy1).

There are a lot of tutorial for using MidiOX and it's even explained in the manual so you should be pretty much set! Only downside is that if you backup a whole bank (say bank B) you always need to restore the bank on bank B with Sysex importing!

• September 16, 2019
    • SynthGuru
      kensh999

I know this reply is a bit late, but the latest 1.0.5 application version DOES fix that issue, which is a big relief!  Thanks to the software folks at Behringer.

• February 1, 2020
  • kesha1
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-07

I followed the procedure: on X Touch reboot with Ch 1 Select button held down: I choose XCT1, Network, DHCP, DHCP On, then pressed Scan, but nothing was found.

I did everything like on this video:     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrwHcPCH8Vo

The switcher on the X18 is in the Ethernet position.

I did reset of the X Air.

I tried the best expensive ethernet cable.

The X Air is working perfectly through the WiFi connection, but I can't figure out what else should I do to make them work connected through the Ethernet cable.

Please help.

read more...
    0 322
    • kesha1
      KenMitchell

Hi Charlies ( @kesha1 ), 

Welcome to the community.   In your setup, what is functioning as the DHCP server?  If you don't have a router wired in your setup, make sure you have the X18 configured to act as a DHCP server as well.  You can do this by going into Setup->LAN, and making sure the LAN Mode is setup to DHCP Server. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• September 7, 2019
    • kesha1
      kesha1

Thank you for your reply.

1. I switched the X18 to Access Point, and in the Xair app in my computer switched LAN Mode into the DHCP server.

2. Switched the X18 back to the Ethernet mode. Pressed Scan on the X Touch, but again nothing was found.

What should I do to make the X Touch connect to the X Air through the Ethernet?

• September 7, 2019
    • kesha1
      KenMitchell

Try power cycling the X-Touch. I'm not sure if it resends DHCP Discovery periodically or only at boot up. 

Ken

• September 7, 2019
    • kesha1
      kesha1

Thank you for your reply.

The power cycling didn't help.

• September 7, 2019
    • kesha1
      DJZero

You are probably better off to go drop 20 bucks at guitar center and get a midi cable.

• October 3, 2019
  • Konsider
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-07

It may seem obvious, but just in case anyone was wondering how to get tracks 1-8 to appear on your Extender, and tracks 9-16 on the main X-Touch in Ableton, here is what to do:

Go to your preferences in Ableton, and then on to the LINK/MIDI tab. Remove all control surfaces in the top section, so that all are set to NONE. Then, simply set up the Extender unit first, and the main X Touch second. Channels 1-8 will then be assigned to the extender.

read more...
    0 144
  • Zach9224
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-05

Ok guys I am new to the game here and I have a problem. So I am currently using the remote port of our x32 to a Netgear rounter to control the board from my computer and I keep losing my connection randomly during services. I have tried ajusting bands on the router and does not fix the problem. I have to be able to control the sound board from my desktop in the Live Stream studio and still have internet to stream. Is it possible to hook the ethernet cable from the x32 to a netgear switch and our internet to the switch and have the one ethernet cable running to the computer so i can do both at the same time. Only reason im asking is switches are cheaper than the router i would have to purchase. 

Thanks 

read more...
    0 419
    • Zach9224
      GaryHiggins

I can't completely confirm at the moment but I'm pretty sure if you hard wire to the router with internet access you can keep access to it while simultaneously using wireless of the same pc to access the x32 using x32-Edit...without a switch....BUT you would need an additional wireless router at the x32 end..You dont need a super expesive one but dual band is best.

• September 5, 2019
    • Zach9224
      AlIrwin

I have an XR18 not the 32 but  at home I have my internet, my XR18 and my desktop connected to a switch. I am able to control the Xair edit and use the internet for broadcasting to various sites on the same desktop. I have never had any issues. This will also work with my router if I want wired and wireless control and broadcast abilities. I hardwire the desktop, XR18, and use my tablets for more control options if needed.

• September 5, 2019
    • Zach9224
      KenMitchell

Hi @Zach9224 ,

Welcome to the community.  It sounds like you want to get away from using wireless between your desktop and the X32.  Is that correct?  I'm assuming the Netgear router you are using is actually a router, and not just a WiFi access point.  Can you post the model of the router?   How far is your desktop from the X32?  Can you run an Ethernet cable from one to the other or at least close by? 

Most routers are actually three devices in one; a firewall, a switch, and a wireless access point. I'll sketch up something for you with recommended connections. I don't think you'll need to buy anything as long as that Netgear router can be utilized. 

Ken

• September 6, 2019
    • Zach9224
      Zach9224

@KenMitchell 

So I want to get away from the Wifi router all together cause it needs replaced and I want the hardline connectivity of a switch connection to reduce possible interference. 

Zach

• September 6, 2019
    • Zach9224
      Zach9224

@AlIrwin 

How do you have your cables run and what type of switch do you have. I want to get away from wireless use cause we don’t need it. 

Zach 

• September 6, 2019
  • MichaelO_Hara
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-05

Not looking to do anything too complicated but having issues getting everything working.

Running a X32 rack with a SD8 Stage box.

The routing page menu is overwhelming to a novice.

Also not sure where the switch on the SD8 needs to be set.

Talking about the Routing Menu...

"Inputs" tab I have the AES50-A set to Channel 17-24 (X32 rack already has 1-16 with it's xlr ins)

"Output 1-16" tab > I understand that's where you assign what you'd like sent to each XLR

Skip to the "AES50 A/B" tab > There are a lot of things already assigned and I'm not sure what should all be assigned to what on this page for the simple SD8 setup.

The last tab "XLR Output" > again not sure what should be assigned here.

Last question on the "Output 1-16" tab... If I essentially want an XLR output to act as a thru or let's say a direct box... do I simply choose the Direct Out Channel of what I want sent there and then tap at the Input/LC (red outlined circle icon)?  Will that give the front of house a "copy" of that channel without me changing anything on my end as the X32 is just for in-ear-mixes.  Basically thinking of it as a split signal.

Thank you very much!

read more...
    0 1,403
    • MichaelO_Hara
      DaveMorrison

@MichaelO_Hara wrote:

Also not sure where the switch on the SD8 needs to be set.

The switch controls which of the AES50 signals are assigned to the outputs. It depends on what you put on the AES50 bus from your rack. The AES50 A/B tab is where the assignment is made on the X32. 1-8 receives what is assigned on 1-8 of the AES50 A/B tab.

Talking about the Routing Menu...

"Inputs" tab I have the AES50-A set to Channel 17-24 (X32 rack already has 1-16 with it's xlr ins)

If your SD8 is the first in the chain of stageboxes, It will put it's XLR inputs on AES50 channels 1-8. Set your X32 input channels 17-25 to AES50 1-8. You could assign these elsewhere.

"Output 1-16" tab > I understand that's where you assign what you'd like sent to each XLR

This is the tricky one. Output 1-16 are virtual outputs. They don't go anywhere. There are the first stage of a two-part routing system. As you have mentioned later in your post; the XLR can be connected to Output 1-16, or other sources such as channel direct inputs. If you want the X32's XLR outputs to be 1-8 and the SD8's to be 9-16, Set the Output 1-16, and XLR outs and AES50.

Out 1-8 is the first half of Output 1-16. Out 9-16 can be set to AES50A 1-8, 9-16, or 17-25. Set the SD8 switch to match.

Last question on the "Output 1-16" tab... If I essentially want an XLR output to act as a thru or let's say a direct box... do I simply choose the Direct Out Channel of what I want sent there and then tap at the Input/LC (red outlined circle icon)?  Will that give the front of house a "copy" of that channel without me changing anything on my end as the X32 is just for in-ear-mixes.  Basically thinking of it as a split signal.

Yes, you are correct. Just remember your the output of your pre-amp is sent to out. You are in control of the gain.

• September 5, 2019
    • MichaelO_Hara
      garyh

I’ll just add this cause I had most of it done just before Dave responded

The switch on the SD8 faithfully reproduces the aes50a out 1-24 routing menu settings in groups of 8. The default setting for the first group of 8 is “out 1-8”. The default for the second group of 8 is “out 9-16” and the default for the third group of 8 is again “out 1-8” All of those settings can of course be changed to just about anything. For instance you could change the third group to be new sources rather than repeat out 1-8. Use say “local 1-8” which would make your first 8 xlr mic inputs (on the mixer) be output from your SD8 (if you put that switch in the aes50 17-24 position that is). You can put any available sources in any of those slots if you want, or if it solves a routing problem for you.

The out 1-8 and out 9-16 parts above refer to the routing assignments of the outputs 1-16 routing menu.

The xlr out menu is dedicated to the xlr outputs on the rear of the mixer, not the stagebox like an SD8-the aes50 output routing applies to stageboxes. 

So your last question you have pretty much correct. For the SD8 If you choose “local 1-8” (say in the switch 1-8 position) the mixer channels 1-8 will be output from its xlr outs. If you instead choose aes50a 1-8 then the inputs of your SD8 will be output from its xlr outs like a splitter. If you change the switch to 9-16 or 17-24 then those xlr sources would change and reflect what you put in those slots in the aes50 routing.

The xlr outputs menu concerns the mixers xlr outputs, so with regard to the direct out ch’s there, you would need to make them reflect the “out 1-4” “out 5-8” “out 9-12” and “out 13-16” format used in that menu (it uses groups of 4 not 8) just to confuse things Though in groups of 4 there, they still refer to the outputs 1-16 routing menu.

• September 5, 2019
    • MichaelO_Hara
      garyh

I’ll just add this because I had most of it written just prior to Dave’s response

The switch on the SD8 reflects what has been assigned in the aes50a out 1-24 routing menu settings, in groups of 8. The default setting for the first group of 8 is “out 1-8”. The default for the second group of 8 is “out 9-16” and the default for the third group of 8 is again “out 1-8” All of those settings can of course be changed to just about anything. For instance you could change the third group to be new sources rather than repeat out 1-8. Use say “local 1-8” which would make your first 8 xlr mic inputs (on the mixer) be output from your SD8 (if you had put that switch in the aes50 17-24 position). You can put any available sources in any of those groups of 8 slots if it solves a routing issue for you.

The out 1-8 and out 9-16 parts above refer to the routing assignments of the outputs 1-16 menu.

The xlr out menu is dedicated to the xlr outputs on the rear of the mixer, not the stagebox like an SD8-the aes50 output routing menu applies to stage box outputs.

So your last question you have pretty much correct. For the SD8 If you choose local 1-8 (say in the switch 1-8 position) the mixer channels 1-8 will be output from its xlr outs. If you instead choose aes50a 1-8 then the inputs of your SD8 will be output from its own xlr outs like a splitter. If you change the switch to 9-16 or 17-24 then the xlr output sources would change to whatever was assigned to them in the aes50 output routing.

The xlr outputs menu deals with the mixers xlr outputs, so with regard to the direct out ch’s there, if that’s the intent, you would need to make them reflect the “out 1-4” “out 5-8” “out 9-12” and “out 13-16” format used in that menu (yes it uses groups of 4 not 8) just to confuse things Even though it’s in groups of 4 and not 8, it still refers to the outputs 1-16 routing menu assignments.

edit: I posted my response quite a while ago and it somehow just disappeared. So I posted it again-as best I could. Anyway I hope it helps

• September 5, 2019
    • MichaelO_Hara
      DaveMorrison

@MichaelO_Hara 

Oh. You wanted simple directions?. If these instructions don't help, upload your scene file (Choose File—at the bottom) and we'll get you where you want to be.

• September 5, 2019
    • MichaelO_Hara
      GaryHiggins

Perhaps even more muddy but......The switch on the SD8 deals with the first 3 assignments of the aes50 out 1-48 routing menu:

aes50 out 1-8 

aes50 out 9-16

aes50 out 17-24

What is assigned in that menu is what will be output from the SD8's xlr outs. Switch position determines what group.

Default assignments for those 3 groups are out 1-8, out 9-16 and out 1-8.

Out 1-8 refers to the first 8 ch's of the output 1-16 menu. Out 9-16 refers to the last 8 ch's of the same menu.

The XLR ouputs routing menu controls ONLY the xlr outputs of the MIXER

Aes50 out 1-24 routing controls the SD8 xlr outputs (and other stage boxes)Capture aes 1-24.PNGCapturexlr out.PNGCaptureout 1-16.PNG

• September 5, 2019
  • AlexDem
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-04

Hello everybody,

I’m sorry to open a new thread on this already-discussed-one-thousand-times issue. I have read most of the previous threads about that, but I still haven’t found an answer to my problems.

So, let’s make it short. I have an X32 for FOH and it is connected to an X32 Rack and S16 cascaded. (X32 aesA <-> aesA X32 Rack aes B <-> aesA S16). All the instruments and microphones are connected to the X32 Rack and S16. Output 7-8 of the X32 Rack is MAIN L-R and outputs 1-8 of the S16 are for IEMs. The X32 FOH is only used for mixing, so there is just a Cat.5e cable connected.

So far, I have been able to achieve a few things with the routing, which probably means that it is not too wrong:

• I can control all the channels on the X32, with HA remote activated
    • I can send sound to the IEMs through MixBuses
    • I can send sound to the MAIN L-R

However, there are a few things I don’t understand:

• I have a P16m connected to the Ultranet of the X32 Rack. Is it possible to send selected channels from the X32 FOH to the Ultranet of the X32 Rack (or S16) rather than the Ultranet at the back of the X32 FOH?

I also have other questions, but one thing after the other…

read more...
    0 321
    • AlexDem
      Paul_Vannatto

@AlexDem wrote:

• I have a P16m connected to the Ultranet of the X32 Rack. Is it possible to send selected channels from the X32 FOH to the Ultranet of the X32 Rack (or S16) rather than the Ultranet at the back of the X32 FOH?

In order to assign channels from FOH to the X32 Rack Ultranet, you have to import them to the Rack, like you would do the signals from the S16.

It would be much easier to redirect the Ultranet from FOH to the S16 Ultranet. This is accomplished by going to the Rack Routing, AES50-b screen (or AES50 bottom (B) section in X32-Edit) and assign the AES50 A33-40 and A40-48 to the 5th and 6th banks.

• September 3, 2019
    • AlexDem
      garyh

I would add that the Ultranet port on the rear of an S16 carries the assignments of the mixer it is directly connected to on whichever port, A or B, it’s connected by. It then uses that mixer’s aes50a (or aes50b) out 33-48 routing menu. P16 1-8 and 9-16 output routing on that mixer is the default setting but other options exist and can be substituted, you could use outputs 1-16, aux out assignments or even aes50 inputs for instance. If your S16 is connected to the FOH X32 then that routing is done there on aes50 out 33-48 of the FOH X32. If connected to your Rack then it’s the Rack’s aes50 33-48 routing that dictates what emanates from the Ultranet port of the S16. The 2 menu’s can vary widely. 

• September 4, 2019
    • AlexDem
      Davidkiim

@Paul_Vannatto 

Paul, not sure how long age this thread ended, but I had a question regarding this issue. I have the same exact setup -> X32 FOH -> X32 rack (AES50A) -> S16 (AES50B from rack to AES50A S16)

i currently have all my P16 linked to the S16 (whatever I set on FOH mixer, shows up in my S16, so I’m assuming my configuration is what you described above). The ultranet on the rack, however, gives me something completely different, thus I assume I can have different things routed to it. How do I go about choosing what channels I want on the rack’s ultranet? I’m assuming this won’t affect the S16 ultranet assignments, which are correct right now. 

So, in short, can I have different routing assignments for each ultranet (rack and S16)?

• September 12, 2019
    • AlexDem
      Paul_Vannatto

@Davidkiim wrote:

So, in short, can I have different routing assignments for each ultranet (rack and S16)?

Yes you can David. We call them Ultranet zones and you can potentially have up to 3 zones. 

The Ultranet port on the back of the Rack (or any X32 console) is hardwired to what is assigned on the Routing, Ultranet screen. Those assignments can be also sent down the AES50 (5th and 6th banks) to a stagebox that also has Ultranet ports. In this scenario, the Ultranet port on the back of the Rack will be identical to the Ultranet port on the stagebox (eg. S16). But the AES50 (5th and 6th banks) can have different assignments, such as Out 1-8, 9-16 which relate to what is individually assigned on the Routing, Out 1-16 screen. Thus each AES50 port could potentially send different signals to the Ultranet ports of the stageboxes attached to them.

Hope this explanation helps. If so, thank Robert @Roblof, since he was the first to discover it.

• September 12, 2019
    • AlexDem
      Davidkiim

Paul @Paul_Vannatto , I think I understand it, but not completely sure. So in my scenario, if I wanted the rack, which is connected to the FOH, and the S16, which is connected to the rack, to have different things on the ultranet port, is this what I would have to do?

FOH p16 out (choose channels I want on S16 ultranet), AES50A out 5th and 6th banks (P16: 1-16). 

Rack AES50B out 5th and 6th banks -> assign AES50A 33-48

Rack p16 out (choose channels I want on Rack ultranet)

• September 12, 2019
  • Surhohi
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-04

I’m new to Xair for theater use with wireless headset mics on the cast . 2 Questions:
    1. Is there “shows” in the PC version? I can't find it.
    2. How do you set up your scenes or snapshots so each night of the performance you can tweak levels, eq, etc for the particular wireless mic placements for that night, but have those settings carry to all the scenes. I guess I want to limit what is saved to mute settings, but use nightly settings for levels, eq, etc. XR-16 is my unit.

read more...
    1 161
    • Surhohi
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Smitty @Surhohi 

Welcome to the forum.

@Surhohi wrote:

1. Is there “shows” in the PC version? I can't find it.

The X-Air does not have shows, like the X32 does. The iPad app has a show feature which in reality is just a folder.

2. How do you set up your scenes or snapshots so each night of the performance you can tweak levels, eq, etc for the particular wireless mic placements for that night, but have those settings carry to all the scenes. I guess I want to limit what is saved to mute settings, but use nightly settings for levels, eq, etc. XR-16 is my unit.

What you are needing are snippets. Unfortunately that is only available with the X32. There are workarounds, though.

1. You can load a "modified" scene file that has only the OSC commands (eg mutes) included (all other commands removed). Scene Parser can help you create these modified scene files.

2. You can use 3rd party apps, such as Live Toolbox with its tidbits (snippets on steroids). 

• September 3, 2019
Go to page