Behringer

Brand

Behringer

298,601 members
182,223 posts
  • MichaelStreck
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-10

This may be of interest for anyone currently using Daniel Appelt's Capiture to record the XR18 with a Raspberry Pi. I added a Pimoroni ButtonSHIM and wrote/rewrote/hacked up some code and now have a very compact handheld multi-track recorder for the XR18. If anyone is interested in the modifications, let me know and I'll post what I did here.

NOTE: This is dependent upon having a working Capiture setup. Otherwise, it'll probbaly be pretty useless to you.

read more...
    0 500
    • MichaelStreck
      lennertk

Hi Michael,

I'm interested to see what you've done!

I'm personally looking for a way to do headless recording but also place embedded time cue markers on the .wav file. In my band we used to record our rehearsals using the Zoom F4 fieldrecorder (which I already owned for my freelance filmmaking) and we would just let it run but set a timecode marker to mark the important bits so we would end up with a multitrack of a few hours long but we were still able to quickly go to the important parts. This allowed us to not pay too much attention to the hardware and focus on playing instead of constantly starting/stopping recording, missing good stuff because you aren't recording everything but also having to search through hours of audio when you are recording everything. I'm figuring out how to do the same with Jack/CaPiture but I'm not the best programmer and I would like it to be as seamless as possible (not a separate file, I know that would be quite easy to make basically a 'stopwatch' app. It's the embedding part that's confusing me, especially when large files get split when they reach 2GB). I also haven't put in a lot of time as I only have a Pi Zero for now which isn't even powerful enough to actually record without issues.

But even if you don't feel the need for that and had no interest in implementing such a feature I would like to see where you've taken it

• November 4, 2019
  • TommBuzzetta
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-10

After hearing some online "demos" of Behringer's ( new ) "PRO-1" Synthesizer we're considering it for a "starring role" in "The Synthesist".

( https://locallegendfilms.jimdo.com/upcoming-projects-1/ *Scroll down to find it ).

"The Synthesist" is a new sci-fi thriller about a synthesist/ sound-designer who becomes involved in a dangerous conspiracy. Not only will the "PRO-1" serve as the movie's primary "onscreen prop" -we hope to also use it to score the movie's soundtrack ( -and use it to provide many of the movie's sound-effects ). "The Synthesist" will, in-essence, be a feature-length "demo" of the PRO-1's sonic capabilities ( -wrapped inside a rivetting sci-fi movie ). "The Synthesist" is slated to start production in 2020. If you're a sci-fi fan or a fan of Behringer synths -check out the link above for more details!  

read more...
    0 228
  • TommBuzzetta
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-10

Check out my new review of Behringer's QX1832 USB mixer. Just Google "Creative Tech Nerds". Then click on the "jimdo" listing shown to bring up the site. Then click on the ( left ) side bar icon: "Behringer Xenyx QX1832 USB" to read the review. 

read more...
    0 135
  • MikeGelardi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-10

I finally purchased a Linksys EA7300 mu-mimo router for my XR12 a few weeks ago after too many instances of the internal router not maintaining connection to my iPad.  After setting up the router, it immediately connected to the iPad.  The Xair app, in most cases, "sees" the XR (opens a "box" on the opening screen with the XR name and IP) and I can then open the mixer screen.  When I move a fader in the app, it will rapidly "jitter" or jump wildly (like 10-30db) for an average of 10-15 seconds, sometimes not stopping this behavior, requiring closing & reopening the app.  I use a BCF 2000 as well.  This behavior happens whether the BCF is connected or not.  If it's connected, when I move a fader on the BCF, the iPad app responds in kind, but there's no jittering of the fader, only when I move the fader from the iPad. Thus far, the BCF has saved my butt on gigs, but I don't want to always have to bring the BCF.  I've never seen this behavior using the internal wifi.  I've tried changing ethernet cables and reset the router to no avail.   The XR firmware is 1.17 and the app version is 1.6.1.  

I see that Linksys routers are used by many and have had no success in finding any issues between the devices online.  If anyone might have suggestions as to what might be happening to cause this behavior, it'd be greatly appreciated.   Thanks 

read more...
    0 222
    • MikeGelardi
      KevinMaxwell

I am sorry I don't know how to tell you how to fix it but some how the router is introducing a loop. So the fader is basically seeing an echo of the command and it starts a loop like feedback. If you set a BCF2000 to the wrong setting I have had it happen with it directly (midi) connected to a mixer. I know you said it does the same thing with or without the BCF2000 I am just mentioning a problem I had with the fader behavior on a mixer.

I remember having a problem with the wrong midi channel being the default in one of the external midi control units, I think it couldn't be midi channel 1 or 2.

I don't know if this will be of any help but it might give you some places to look.

• October 10, 2019
  • mann0man
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-10

So here's an interesting thing. Our churches XR18 has developed some i/o faults and so I am looking at the possibility of a repair.

The high impedance inputs no longer work, they are very noisy. We have intermittent problems with other inputs causing crackling sounds (plugged in mics tend not to give a problem, but instruments do). The main right output will not work on power up sometimes, but sometimes it does! Whilst the unit is powered up it continues to either work or not work depending on what it was ike when it was powered up.

I need to know whether it is worth repairing as buying a new XR18 at around £370 might be better.

I entered the info into my care ticket at community.musictribe.com and pressed send, I got a reply shortly after suggesting I call Music Group Innovation to arrange for a repair. This I did and the answering machine said that for Behringer products I should go to community.musictribe.com for help. So I'm here now (again!) should I fill in another care ticket, will contacting Music Group Innovation be suggested, and will they me to go to community.musictribe.com etc.

Hmmm.

read more...
    0 210
  • kriscii
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-10

My wife does hypnotherapy and wants a client to wear headphones while she talks quietly through a mic and mixes in even quieter audio from her phone (or other mp3 source). Normally she just talks and plays the back the track in the background but she is going to be doing some sessions in an open plan area and wanted something more enclosed. I was looking at the MX400 or MA400 are they suitable? We want to have a solution that is simple and doesn't require any additional amps etc. Also looking for a similar priced headset mic to use with it with good directional pickup to avoid background noise.

Thanks

Chris

read more...
    0 148
    • kriscii
      TimPadrick

I once tried some relaxation tapes.  There was no compression on the voice, and I found that the talker's dynamics kept me from relaxing.  As such, I'd recommend compression on her voice.  I'd say go with an XR12 mixer, but in public spaces its 2.4GHz router can be very troublesome (as can 2.4GHz external routers).

• October 17, 2019
    • kriscii
      GuyOlsson The XR12 is the way to go but either go wired to a laptop or use an external router
      • September 29, 2020
  • will7370
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-09

Thomann has photos of the Odyssey with multi colored LEDs.  Is this something that is coming?  Or was that just a special?  Because I want to buy one with colored LEDs.  I'll wait if I have to. 

1 1,582
    • will7370
      spaceagedevice

It appears they are adding colored LEDs to new versions. Because they are easily replaceable, I will be attempting to add my own colored LEDs. I am choosing to go with the non-transparent colored 2x3x4 for personal aesthetics which resemble the original Arp Odyssey colors when not illuminated, although a lot of people prefer transparent LEDs that only light up the color it emits when turned up.. The only issue I know of with after market LEDs is that the voltage may vary by color so some may or may not work, or work well. I will keep you posted. I am hoping that Behringer will offer replacement LED kits for reasonable price. But, you can always buy after market 100pcs LEDs for under $5 with shipping. 

• October 16, 2019
    • will7370
      ThorstenBösing

i saw some guys at the internet who put some coloured caps on the white led. i have also white led on my odyssey. but i like them more than the coloured ones. 

• November 17, 2019
  • Sp00kyD
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-09

Is there a way to adjust the Q of the channel EQ with my mouse while controlling my XR-18 with my PC laptop. 

Thanks in advance 

0 199
    • Sp00kyD
      Paul_Vannatto

@Sp00kyD wrote:

Is there a way to adjust the Q of the channel EQ with my mouse while controlling my XR-18 with my PC laptop. 

Move the cursor to one of the parametric band's dots and use the scroll wheel

• October 9, 2019
  • scredly
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-09

Yet again, I have no multi-track recording because, in the heat of getting the live show going, I forgot to change the card input routing.   

There really should be a check box option to allow the card routing to automatically mirror the input routing.  

read more...
    0 146
  • Jaxsn
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-09

To start, I ‘ve already set my X-Touch internally to “Mackie Control and USB”

And did the same for my DAW (Digital Performer 9)

1. Even when my X-Touch is disconnected, from the computer,

When I turn on the power to the X-Touch and move any fader to any position,

after about two seconds the fader returns back to the zero position.

It does the same thing when my X-Touch is connected to the computer.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1. When the X-Touch is powered on,  I get no colored lights.
       whether is connected to the computer are not.
       All I get are the lights to the scribble  Strip  and the jog wheel.

1. I don’t know if this makes a difference to my problems I’m having,

With my X-Touch, but I only have my X-Touch connected via a USB cable.

When I set up the control surface section in Digital performer version 9,

it identifies my X-Touch connection options:

As “INT-1” (I am assuming this is for the input selection)

And

As “EXT-1” ( I am assuming this is for the output selection)

Also my X Touch is located In the “unconfigured ports section.”
    I will try to research what this means.

read more...
    0 313
    • Jaxsn
      KenMitchell

Hi @Jaxsn ,

When not connected to a computer the faders on my X-Touch act the same way.   By lights, I assume you mean the button LEDs. This is also normal when not connected to a computer and when not properly configured in a DAW.  There's nothing to tell the button LEDs to light up. 

I don't use DP but I'll see if I can download a trial version to help you out.  Are you on Windowss or Mac?

Ken

• October 9, 2019
Go to page