Behringer

Brand

Behringer

294,240 members
177,324 posts
  • jmccollum
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-10

I opened a case for my x32 Compact and s16 Digital Snake and have not received a response since the case was opened. I have been waiting for days now and need to know how I can contact someone in regards to this. I need to get the system fixed and back in operation.

read more...
    0 366
  • Bzeus19
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-10
    0 379
  • BrendenRobertso
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-10

Hi Gang, 

My left fader bank (1-8) is physically unresponsive. When touched, the fader value will be recognized digitally. No slipped belts, no apparent burn marks on the fader pcb, no motor response nor twiching, no apparent physical damage. 

Fader PCB disconnected, inspected and reassembled. All show data / factory settings / initialization wiped and restored.

Anyone else experiencing this?

read more...
    0 213
  • Naszto
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-09

This pedal just rocks! But nothing is perfect. It has in two disadvantages for some:

- huge
    - no battery compartment

The input stage has a noise gate, where you can set the threshold but not the decay. Not perfect but comes in quite handy.

You have two knobs for gain and master. The master volume works in a very clean way. The gain knob gives you the gain of a tube stage. From a tiny bit of crunch, a little more saturation to full distortion is there everything.

The tone control consists of three knobs. Some folks hear some mid scooping, but I don't. You can easily take treble and bass down, if you want even more mids.

The build quality is very decent. It has a sturdy metal case and the potis feel smooth.

Best of all the flexibility of the sound. You can use them as booster to drive a tube amp into saturation or dial the tone of it's own real tubestage. And everything in between.

And you can change the tube. I fine with mine, but you can find on youtube folks changing the tubes, getting something really impressive:

read more...
    0 339
  • Naszto
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-09

My only "problem" with this device, it reduces the noise only about 32 db. For that problem I got me a TC Electronics Sentry. But for all the folks, who are not stacking one gain stage on the other, this device will do the job.

It is still in my signal chain, but in the end, where the Sentry already took care of that gainstages.

The plastic case shouts out loud: CHEAP! But you find on youtube videos where folks try to destroy their oh so cheap behringer pedals and have to go to drastic measures to destroy the case. They take the normal abuse with any problems. Yes, you can run over the original boss pedal with a car and it will still work, but how often do you run over your pedals with a car?

You have to modes: One completly mutes the signal, when you step on the switch. The other one works as noise gate, where you set threshold and decay. The threshold just is the needed volume, when the pedal opens the gate. The decay is the duration how long the gate stays open, when the level is under the threshold.

If you need a simple mute switch or noise gate this pedal is simply a bargain you can't ignore.

read more...
    0 335
    • Naszto
      Shash

I agree friend. But if you use this noise gate in looped mode, it gives the best results provided all other pedals are also from Behringer. I play Megadeth songs at tiny 7 O' clock settings on HM300 with TO800 (all 12 O'Clock) through this NR300 into my generic amp which goes into a AMD PC. Listen to me at by clicking directly on the link https://youtu.be/JLF6MLI9z9Y
      Please subscribe to my channel to keep it running and send your valuable comments. Make me a better guitar player than I am.

Please share whether you are using the pedal in looped mode or not.

Thanks. Keep rolling!
      - Shashank Sherkar aka Shash

• August 31, 2019
  • KevinAllen
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-09

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to add this, I couldn't find a feature/enhancement request section).

On X32, XR16 and XR12 please add a feature to the USB player to pause/stop at the end of playing a track. (I don't think this feature is relevant for XR18 as its USB interface is a DAW interface).

This would allow me to play a single sound effect or music track from the USB player without needing to hover over the pause/stop button and aiming to click it at just the right time to stop the next track playing!

On the UI this would probably be a check-box that can be selected to enable this feature.

Thanks!

Kevin

read more...
    0 227
    • KevinAllen
      RichardYClark Stopping at the end of each track playing from the USB player is the default. A feature request had to be made to ask to Play All Files in a folder which later firmwares do. So you should be able to deselect Play All Files in Folder somewhere in the USB Player page. I think there is a tick box, but not having an active mixer to hand I can't quite remember where it is.
      • July 9, 2019
    • KevinAllen
      Paul_Vannatto

@KevinAllen wrote:

On X32, XR16 and XR12 please add a feature to the USB player to pause/stop at the end of playing a track.

On the X32, this feature has been there all along (since I can remember). To play a folder with the USB player, select the Folder. To play single tracks, unselect Folder. I believe that is also the case with the XR16/XR12 (haven't used it in awhile).

• July 9, 2019
  • ChrisLewis
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-09

Hi. I recently purchased an X32 primarily for use with a live streaming project in my studio. I’m all good with that side if things, and I have it recording to Waves Tracks Live to multitrack record the bands that I’m streaming. 

My question is about recording to Reaper (I have that set up too already). If I want to record tracks separately, how do I set things up so that I can monitor tracks already recorded whilst recording? I’m finding it tough to find much info about this! I thought it would just be a routing thing, but the nearest I found was someone saying something about setting the DAW so it plays back a stereo mix into the channels. Is that it? Can I have the DAW play a stereo mix back through say channels 31 and 32 whilst still in record mode?

Sorry for my stupidity, digi desks are still very new to me!

read more...
    0 124
    • ChrisLewis
      Paul_Vannatto

@ChrisLewis wrote:

My question is about recording to Reaper (I have that set up too already). If I want to record tracks separately, how do I set things up so that I can monitor tracks already recorded whilst recording? I’m finding it tough to find much info about this! I thought it would just be a routing thing, but the nearest I found was someone saying something about setting the DAW so it plays back a stereo mix into the channels. Is that it? Can I have the DAW play a stereo mix back through say channels 31 and 32 whilst still in record mode?

Hi Chris,

Reaper, by default sends the main mix out the ASIO USB 1/2 pair. On the X32, the most efficient way to bring in only 2 USB inputs is to assign them to the Aux In Remap (Setup, home (or Inputs)). Then you can assign CRD1 and CRD2 to the desired channel strip sources (Aux 1 and Aux 2 defaults to the first 2 Aux In Remap sources).

• July 9, 2019
  • SethUldall
    Super Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-08

I've purchased an X-Touch and am in the process of researching the possibility of adding an X-Touch Extender for live mixing through an XR18 or M32C and have come accross some reports that it's not actually an extender, per say.  Is the X-Touch Extender REALLY not compatible with an X-Touch and X32core/M32c?  Has this been solved/resolved?

Seems wild that the "extender" wouldn't be recognized by the X-Touch when connected via USB and automattically configured it as an extension of itself, tabing through the channels 16 at a time instead of 8.

What's the real deal? Is this an old issue or something still true and current?

read more...
    0 1,528
    • SethUldall
      DaveMorrison

Hi @SethUldall 

It's still not compatible. I wish I had bought an extra  X-Touch instead of an extender for live use. There are kludges to use an extra intermediate device to "translate" the Extender's output.

• July 8, 2019
    • SethUldall
      SethUldall

Thank you Dave.  I really appreciate it.  I hope someone outbids my current bid for one on ebay.  I'm blown away that they market it the way they do.  Waaaay misleading.  "Extender", my rear end!  LOL

I'd much rather see it/them marketed as something without the letter X in it and perhaps numbered.. ie.Touch 1, Touch 2, Touch 3, etc. 

Very frustrating

Thanks again Dave.  Much appreciated. :Thumbsup:

• July 8, 2019
    • SethUldall
      DaveMorrison

@SethUldall 

To be fair, the X-Touch and Extenders are Mackie Control clones—Designed to control DAWs (and they do it well). The X-Touch got the XCTL upgrade (for X32 control), the Extender didn't. But the advertisements are misleadleading. Colored scribble strips imply X32 control is possible; MCU and HUI protocols can't have color.

• July 8, 2019
    • SethUldall
      SethUldall

Dodged a bullet.  Someone outbid me on the Extender.

Whew!

• July 12, 2019
    • SethUldall
      BaileyRichard

Just been caught by the same misleading info.

Just wasted a day trying to get them both to work with X32/M32/MR18s.

Doesnt even work as the manual indicates when connected directly to the console on its own in Ethernet mode, although it gives the indication it is trying.

The Connection guide in both the X Touch and X Touch Extender handbooks indicate that they can be connected together with no mention that this cannot then be subsequently connected to a Console.

This is beyond misleading.........It is down right inaccurate!

• July 21, 2019
  • KingBurton
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-08

Are thees outputs Hiz only or TRS?

0 242
  • RonaldFigura
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-08

Are there any Behringer Technicians that moderate or monitor the forums?

0 234
    • RonaldFigura
      MikkoSaarinki

I don't think this place needs moderation. Things are impossible to find and simply disappear. Moderation takes care of itself.

I think this place is dying.

• July 11, 2019
Go to page