Brand

Behringer

298,839 members
182,513 posts
  • chmod755
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-06

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get replacement rack ears for the XR18? I submitted two support emails to Behringer and they're not answering.

0 311
  • WadeGibbs
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-05

Hello,  new member first post.  I am currently the bass player and sound man (nobody else wants to do it) for a 5 piece bluegrass band. Very limited mixing/sound experience, currently use a Xenyx 1002. I have spent the last few weeks viewing Youtube videos and browsing the archive pages. Received my XR16 today and was able to:

1) Connect PC using internal WiFi and update the firmware

2) Connect PC using XR16 as DHCP server

3) Connect PC and XR using an external dual band router

4} Attached a 58 to input one and got output through the headphones and added some FX

Now for the question.                                                                                                                                              When I connect using a Ethernet connection the yellow light on the XR16 port flashes continuously and the green light never eluminates. Is this correct or do I have something configured incorrect.  Thanks in advance.

Wade

read more...
    0 213
    • WadeGibbs
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Wade,

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry too much about the green light. If you have a solid connection, that is what matters. I would strongly suggest you always use a dual band external router instead of relying on the internal one. 

My question is how are you fitting a 5 piece bluegrass group into the limitations of an XR16? I'll be doing sound for an award winning 6 piece bluegrass group (Winterline) on Thursday, but will be using my X32. This is because all instruments have to be mic'd (no plugging in allowed) and I finally convinced them to try stereo IEMs (which they fell in love with). This requires 11 inputs plus 12 mixbuses (6 stereo IEMs) and 15 physical outputs (including FOH). 

• August 5, 2019
    • WadeGibbs
      WadeGibbs

Paul, thanks for the response. My plan is to always use the external router. 

The bands I play for are local for fun, nothing approaching even semi-pro. One group uses a single Ear Trumpet (Louise) used by rhythm guitar, mandolin and banjo all three share vocals and a single instrument mic for the fiddle and I use a Audio Technica Pro 35 for my bass and we don't have monitors. The other band uses a condenser mic shared by 2 rhythm players who share vocals, 2 58's for dobro and banjo and my Pro 35 for the bass again no monitors. The guys I work with want to get away from multiple mics and use the single mic with people moving in and out for breaks. We have the typical issues with vocal mic technique, not being consistent when stepping to the mic for a break, trying to tame a banjo that is twice as loud as the mando and guitar. As stated in my original post I am a noob at mixing and sound and we don't have dedicated sound person to ride the faders so I will be trying to figure a mix that sounds decent through the whole set.  It is a treat when we get a show/venue that provides sound and a sound man.

I am open to any suggestions for mixing a band that wants to do the single mic thing.

Thanks

Wade

• August 5, 2019
    • WadeGibbs
      Paul_Vannatto

@WadeGibbs wrote:

Paul, thanks for the response. My plan is to always use the external router. 

Excellent. You won't regret it.

The bands I play for are local for fun, nothing approaching even semi-pro. One group uses a single Ear Trumpet (Louise) used by rhythm guitar, mandolin and banjo all three share vocals and a single instrument mic for the fiddle and I use a Audio Technica Pro 35 for my bass and we don't have monitors.

Is it a stand up bass? If so and you are encountering harmonics around 110 hz, turn the mic to face the strings (sideways) instead of aiming at the instrument. I discovered this by accident. 

The other band uses a condenser mic shared by 2 rhythm players who share vocals, 2 58's for dobro and banjo and my Pro 35 for the bass again no monitors. The guys I work with want to get away from multiple mics and use the single mic with people moving in and out for breaks.

The first time I did sound for Winterline was at an outdoor jamboree. They were passing through to open for a headliner at a nearby city and decided to join the fun. And we used the single large condenser mic technique. It was a lot of fun and entertaining. But I had to first EQ the mic for feedback and constantly ride the fader during the performance. 

We have the typical issues with vocal mic technique, not being consistent when stepping to the mic for a break, trying to tame a banjo that is twice as loud as the mando and guitar.

Mandolins have a much lower volume output than banjo's etc. That is the main reason why Winterline went to individual mics for each of the instruments and vocals - for consistency. Once everyone is dialed in and the scene saved, soundchecks are relatively quick and the performance goes much more smoothly.

As stated in my original post I am a noob at mixing and sound and we don't have dedicated sound person to ride the faders so I will be trying to figure a mix that sounds decent through the whole set.  It is a treat when we get a show/venue that provides sound and a sound man.

Bluegrass is one of the more difficult genre's to mix IMO, and I doubt you will get the consistency you desire with a single mic setup. One option is to use 2 mics - one at mouth level and another at instrument (waist) level. Dobro's are a bit of an issue since they are played flat and needs the mic to point down from above (similar to how a fiddle should be mic'd).

• August 6, 2019
  • fterougas
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-05

Hi to everyone.

Before one week I'm an owner and big fan of a Behringer X-Touch.

I'm working with Logic Pro X and everything is more than perfect ... exept the issue that I have in the video.

Every time I touch (just touch, not moving) the fader, it steps down the volume by -0,1dB.

Does anyone know why?

The firmware is 1.15

Thank you in advance for your support.

read more...
    0 178
    • fterougas
      Kinghuru

It's funny that my problem, since updating the firmware is that my jog wheel is activated when I increase or decrease the volume slidder... this does not occur when I change the volume from the volume mixer inside the DAW, only when I change the volume on the hardware mixer itself...

• October 4, 2019
  • Ktmckay
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-05

I purchased the X Air X18. I am having issues with the effects not enabling to the channels. Anyone have a solution or trouble shooting process? 

0 174
    • Ktmckay
      RexBeckett

@Ktmckay 

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum.

The fastest way for us to help is for you to attach your saved scene file to your post (see Choose File button below). Also tell us which channels you want processed by which FX slots. 

• August 5, 2019
    • Ktmckay
      Ktmckay

Here is a screen shot. I am getting signal but not hearing the effect. 

IMG_0024.PNG
      • August 5, 2019
  • DanielBecker
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-05

The question came up on a Facebook page for the XR series as to where the insert point is for the Mains on the XR. The block diagram at the Wike shows the flow to be Compressor, Insert, Eq. This seems odd to have the Compressor pre EQ in the flow.

However, in the XAir Edit software, the layout under the Channel Tab for the Mains shows the EQ before the Compressor. The tabs across the top puts the EQ before the Compressor (reading left to right). This would make sense.

So, which is correct? The block diagram with the compressor before the EQ or the software suggesting the Eq is before the Compressor?

Or am I reading the block diagram incorrectly? Though the channels show the EQ before the Comp in the block diagram.

read more...
    0 368
    • DanielBecker
      RexBeckett

@DanielBecker 

Hi Daniel, the block diagram here shows that, in the channels, the flow is: Gate, Insert, EQ, Compressor. In the Main and Aux buses, the flow is different: Compressor, Insert, EQ. This seems to be correct in practice.

• August 5, 2019
    • DanielBecker
      DanielBecker

So, in the mains, it is normal to compress before EQ'ing?  Curious as to why that would be the proper way.  Just asking as I learn more.

The insert issue was regarding the Combinator.  I would think one would not use the main compressor if you are inserting the Combinator?

• August 5, 2019
    • DanielBecker
      RexBeckett

@DanielBecker wrote:

So, in the mains, it is normal to compress before EQ'ing?  Curious as to why that would be the proper way.  Just asking as I learn more.

The insert issue was regarding the Combinator.  I would think one would not use the main compressor if you are inserting the Combinator?

@DanielBecker 

I wouldn't say it was normal to compress the buses before EQ'ing but that is how the XAir mixers are arranged. In the X32 mixers, the insert point can be switched pre or post EQ.

If inserting the Combinator FX processor into the Main mix, the built-in compressor would not normally be used.

• August 5, 2019
    • DanielBecker
      DanielBecker

Yes, I have the X32 core and have been playing with it's software.  I noticed you can switch the order of EQ/Comp/Insert.

Thank you for the help.  It is odd for the XR to have the Main Comp before the EQ but....

Maybe someone else has an oppinion.  Hopefully from Behringer them self to explain why the Comp is before the EQ on the XR.

• August 5, 2019
    • DanielBecker
      RexBeckett

@DanielBecker 

It is odd for the XR to have the Main Comp before the EQ but....

I haven't found it to be a problem in practice. EQ on Aux and Main buses is generally used to tailor the overall response to suit the environment and speaker system. In this case, it makes more sense to EQ the signal after the dynamics have been applied. There may be other explanations but they will not change how it has been implemented.

Why is it a problem for you?

• August 5, 2019
  • Greenstar
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-05

Hello.
    I am French and I use Google to translate.
    I have just been offered a DX2000USB and I am delighted.
    I use it in studio production / broadcast webradio + personal listening.
    I would need the internal diagram "block diagram" table to know the internal routing of it.
    Does anyone have this pattern?
    Thank you.
    JC

read more...
    0 66
  • RossMiller
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-04

I would like to add physical faders to my X18.  Am I correct in assuming the X-Touch is compatable with the X18.  

Which interface is used? (midi, usb, ethernet)   

Does the scribble strip work as expected with the X18

Will just the extender work? there seems to be a bunch of unnecessary stuff on the X-touch for my purposes.

read more...
    0 301
    • RossMiller
      DaveMorrison

Hi @RossMiller 

The X-Touch works great and is a good choice. Ethernet is the best choice when connecting at any distance. Scribble strips work. The X-touch extender does not work. If you want 16 faders, get two X-Touches.

• August 4, 2019
    • RossMiller
      DennisKingsbury

Try OSIMIDI Stage with the X-touch compact if that's which one you have.

There's a free trial.  Latest version allows to make a custom layer.

https://www.osimidi.com/stage

Otherwise you can program the compact for the midi commands. 

You can't program to control the busses with faders tho if I remember right.  (my memory might be failing...)

• August 11, 2019
  • RossMiller
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-04

Hi X32 world  

I have read some of the posts regarding the 17-24 outs on the S16s  but nothing seems to answer the question.  How do you assign signal to the 17-24 outs. (even the SD8 has a switch for 17-24 so it must do something)

I'm not trying to do anything fancy or complicated. I do corporate work and outputs are always at a premium.   Even if I could asign a bunch of duplicate record sends would be useful. Conceptually I would like to park an SD8 on the video table to ge the in/outs from them with a smaller box than an S16 in a rack

Just give me an Idea how to get a signal there 

I have an X32full and 2 X S16s.  

read more...
    0 425
    • RossMiller
      GaryHiggins

@RossMillerThey are populated using the aes50 (a or b depending on your port connects) out 17-24 slot. If you look at X32-Edit it's fairly easy to see all the choices. Default uses "out 1-8" again but you have lots of options including ultranet assignments, card assignments, aux out/in, local inputs etc.

EDIT: A fairly common use is the ultranet assignment where you then choose what to send at what tap point using the ultranet out staging menu.

• August 4, 2019
    • RossMiller
      RossMiller

Hi Gary  I see the grid but I am not getting it yet.   Maybe walk me through a set up. 

My example would be send matrix 1 and 2 (my record sends) to out 9-10 & 17-18 & 19-20.

Thanks in advance

• August 4, 2019
    • RossMiller
      garyh

For instance change aes50a out 17-24 from out 1-8 to p16 1-8. In the Ultranet output routing menu, set p16 ch 1 to matrix 1, set ch 2 to matrix 2, set ch 3 also to matrix 1 and set ch 4 to matrix 2. Then your first 4 outs of the SD16 set for out 17-24 would carry matrix 1, matrix 2, matrix 1 and matrix 2 in order 1-4

• August 4, 2019
    • RossMiller
      RossMiller

Yeah  I went to the shop and did just that.  Using the Ultranet as a patch bay. Kinda cool

I will be spending the rest of the day seeing what else I can send where.

Thanks for your help

• August 4, 2019
    • RossMiller
      Paul_Vannatto

@RossMiller wrote:

Hi X32 world  

I have read some of the posts regarding the 17-24 outs on the S16s  but nothing seems to answer the question.  How do you assign signal to the 17-24 outs. (even the SD8 has a switch for 17-24 so it must do something)

Chang the S16 mode to mode 3 (Out+16) - see instructions

• August 4, 2019
  • wolfereeno
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-01

Win10 machine, Xr18 with latest firmware

My PC's connected to the Xr18 via both USB and Ethernet.   My computer is connected to my network via WIFI.

I control the XR18 with the Windows version of the editor.  I don't use the ios app very much.

Every hour or so, sometimes less, I lose the connection to the mixer from the windows app.

I've played around with the ethernet settings such as turning off DHCP but haven't found the magical solution.

Help appreciated - Thx!!

read more...
    0 3,085
    • wolfereeno
      DaveMorrison

Hi @wolfereeno 

Check Win10's Control Panel : Device Manager. Look for your wireless adapter under the  Network Adapter heading. Look for the Power Management tab in it's properties. Disable the Allow the Computer to turn off this device to save power.

• August 1, 2019
    • wolfereeno
      KenMitchell

Hi Bill ( @wolfereeno ),

Welcome to the community.  Is your laptop connected to your mixer with an Ethernet cable?  It sounds like you may be bounced back and forth between networks.  Do you have your laptop setup as a static IP or DHCP on the interface going to the mixer?  Set it to static, make sure you don't define a gateway, and make sure the ip/netmask doesn't overlap with your WiFi network.  Finally, you have to go into network settings and change your network priority to WiFi so you can reach your home network.  Here's an article that explains how to do it: http://ecross.mvps.org/howto/change-network-connection-priority-in-windows-10.htm

By default Windows will prioritize the wired connection which will cut you off from your WiFi network.  If you have a gateway on both interfaces things can get really weird, particularly if you have the interfaces overlapping. 

Hope this helps,

Ken

• August 2, 2019
    • wolfereeno
      wolfereeno

Thanks guys!

I'm connected to the mixer via ethernet.  And to the internet via wifi.

I've tried setting the IP for the Xr18 but that doesn't help.  Or I'm not doing it correctly.  Not sure if it overlaps. I think it's out of the range my router assigns, but both start with 169.  The gateway is blank.  And the prefered DNS is the ip of the XR18.  I messed with those settings a lot trying to get this to work.

I just tried the wifi power settings the first post recommended but that didn't help.  I always had the windows power plan settings set to not turn off the network cards but the adapters themselves seemed to have their own setting that overrode that. So I set both adapters to not power off via device manager.

I just tried reprioritizing the adapters and put the wifi first.  We'll see!

• August 2, 2019
    • wolfereeno
      DaveMorrison

@wolfereeno 

169.254.xx.xx is a self assigned IP address.

You really should have:

192.168.xxx.xxx OR 172.16-31.xx.xx OR 10.xx.xx.xx

Set your router to static IP address to something like 192.168.0.1

Turning on the DHCP server in the router is the easiest solution, then the other devices can get their addresses from the router. 

• August 2, 2019
    • wolfereeno
      wolfereeno

Thats the IP of the XR18.  Didn't it assign that itself?  Not sure how I'd change it.

Thx!

• August 2, 2019
  • AlbertMitchell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-31

Anyone know if there's a phone number to call or email address for warranty support at Behringer? 
    I submitted a warranty claim several days ago. I immediately got an email with a ticket number, but there's been no follow up. I tried to find some way to email them, but the only support option on the website is the same form I already filled out to initiate a warranty claim.

The email I got with the ticket number said I'd hear from them within 24 hours. It came from a "noreply" email address, so I can't just reply to that.

read more...
    0 1,260
    • AlbertMitchell
      KenMitchell

Hi @AlbertMitchell , 

Unfortunately, there is no way to contact them via phone.  This is becoming an all too common theme on the forums.  Just to be sure, please check your spam folder for any reply. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• July 31, 2019
    • AlbertMitchell
      AlbertMitchell

Thanks Ken. Yeah I keep a pretty close watch on my spam folder. I'll continue to wait for a response I guess.

• July 31, 2019
    • AlbertMitchell
      AlbertMitchell

Once I heard from Behringer they took care of my issue quickly. They issued a RMA number and provided instructions for the return. The mixer was delivered to Behringer in Las Vegas on the 14th and I had my repaired mixer back in my hands on the 20th. There was a weekend in there, so that's like 4 business days total which is pretty remarkable.

The only thing I'd say they could have done better would have been a little communication. An email letting me know they'd received the item and another letting me know it was fixed and being shipped back would have been perfect.

But still. I'm pretty pleased with the service I received, once they got in touch.

• August 20, 2019
Go to page