Brand

Behringer

299,411 members
183,156 posts
  • RossMiller
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-04

Hi X32 world  

I have read some of the posts regarding the 17-24 outs on the S16s  but nothing seems to answer the question.  How do you assign signal to the 17-24 outs. (even the SD8 has a switch for 17-24 so it must do something)

I'm not trying to do anything fancy or complicated. I do corporate work and outputs are always at a premium.   Even if I could asign a bunch of duplicate record sends would be useful. Conceptually I would like to park an SD8 on the video table to ge the in/outs from them with a smaller box than an S16 in a rack

Just give me an Idea how to get a signal there 

I have an X32full and 2 X S16s.  

read more...
    0 425
    • RossMiller
      GaryHiggins

@RossMillerThey are populated using the aes50 (a or b depending on your port connects) out 17-24 slot. If you look at X32-Edit it's fairly easy to see all the choices. Default uses "out 1-8" again but you have lots of options including ultranet assignments, card assignments, aux out/in, local inputs etc.

EDIT: A fairly common use is the ultranet assignment where you then choose what to send at what tap point using the ultranet out staging menu.

• August 4, 2019
    • RossMiller
      RossMiller

Hi Gary  I see the grid but I am not getting it yet.   Maybe walk me through a set up. 

My example would be send matrix 1 and 2 (my record sends) to out 9-10 & 17-18 & 19-20.

Thanks in advance

• August 4, 2019
    • RossMiller
      garyh

For instance change aes50a out 17-24 from out 1-8 to p16 1-8. In the Ultranet output routing menu, set p16 ch 1 to matrix 1, set ch 2 to matrix 2, set ch 3 also to matrix 1 and set ch 4 to matrix 2. Then your first 4 outs of the SD16 set for out 17-24 would carry matrix 1, matrix 2, matrix 1 and matrix 2 in order 1-4

• August 4, 2019
    • RossMiller
      RossMiller

Yeah  I went to the shop and did just that.  Using the Ultranet as a patch bay. Kinda cool

I will be spending the rest of the day seeing what else I can send where.

Thanks for your help

• August 4, 2019
    • RossMiller
      Paul_Vannatto

@RossMiller wrote:

Hi X32 world  

I have read some of the posts regarding the 17-24 outs on the S16s  but nothing seems to answer the question.  How do you assign signal to the 17-24 outs. (even the SD8 has a switch for 17-24 so it must do something)

Chang the S16 mode to mode 3 (Out+16) - see instructions

• August 4, 2019
  • wolfereeno
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-01

Win10 machine, Xr18 with latest firmware

My PC's connected to the Xr18 via both USB and Ethernet.   My computer is connected to my network via WIFI.

I control the XR18 with the Windows version of the editor.  I don't use the ios app very much.

Every hour or so, sometimes less, I lose the connection to the mixer from the windows app.

I've played around with the ethernet settings such as turning off DHCP but haven't found the magical solution.

Help appreciated - Thx!!

read more...
    0 3,115
    • wolfereeno
      DaveMorrison

Hi @wolfereeno 

Check Win10's Control Panel : Device Manager. Look for your wireless adapter under the  Network Adapter heading. Look for the Power Management tab in it's properties. Disable the Allow the Computer to turn off this device to save power.

• August 1, 2019
    • wolfereeno
      KenMitchell

Hi Bill ( @wolfereeno ),

Welcome to the community.  Is your laptop connected to your mixer with an Ethernet cable?  It sounds like you may be bounced back and forth between networks.  Do you have your laptop setup as a static IP or DHCP on the interface going to the mixer?  Set it to static, make sure you don't define a gateway, and make sure the ip/netmask doesn't overlap with your WiFi network.  Finally, you have to go into network settings and change your network priority to WiFi so you can reach your home network.  Here's an article that explains how to do it: http://ecross.mvps.org/howto/change-network-connection-priority-in-windows-10.htm

By default Windows will prioritize the wired connection which will cut you off from your WiFi network.  If you have a gateway on both interfaces things can get really weird, particularly if you have the interfaces overlapping. 

Hope this helps,

Ken

• August 2, 2019
    • wolfereeno
      wolfereeno

Thanks guys!

I'm connected to the mixer via ethernet.  And to the internet via wifi.

I've tried setting the IP for the Xr18 but that doesn't help.  Or I'm not doing it correctly.  Not sure if it overlaps. I think it's out of the range my router assigns, but both start with 169.  The gateway is blank.  And the prefered DNS is the ip of the XR18.  I messed with those settings a lot trying to get this to work.

I just tried the wifi power settings the first post recommended but that didn't help.  I always had the windows power plan settings set to not turn off the network cards but the adapters themselves seemed to have their own setting that overrode that. So I set both adapters to not power off via device manager.

I just tried reprioritizing the adapters and put the wifi first.  We'll see!

• August 2, 2019
    • wolfereeno
      DaveMorrison

@wolfereeno 

169.254.xx.xx is a self assigned IP address.

You really should have:

192.168.xxx.xxx OR 172.16-31.xx.xx OR 10.xx.xx.xx

Set your router to static IP address to something like 192.168.0.1

Turning on the DHCP server in the router is the easiest solution, then the other devices can get their addresses from the router. 

• August 2, 2019
    • wolfereeno
      wolfereeno

Thats the IP of the XR18.  Didn't it assign that itself?  Not sure how I'd change it.

Thx!

• August 2, 2019
  • AlbertMitchell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-31

Anyone know if there's a phone number to call or email address for warranty support at Behringer? 
    I submitted a warranty claim several days ago. I immediately got an email with a ticket number, but there's been no follow up. I tried to find some way to email them, but the only support option on the website is the same form I already filled out to initiate a warranty claim.

The email I got with the ticket number said I'd hear from them within 24 hours. It came from a "noreply" email address, so I can't just reply to that.

read more...
    0 1,264
    • AlbertMitchell
      KenMitchell

Hi @AlbertMitchell , 

Unfortunately, there is no way to contact them via phone.  This is becoming an all too common theme on the forums.  Just to be sure, please check your spam folder for any reply. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• July 31, 2019
    • AlbertMitchell
      AlbertMitchell

Thanks Ken. Yeah I keep a pretty close watch on my spam folder. I'll continue to wait for a response I guess.

• July 31, 2019
    • AlbertMitchell
      AlbertMitchell

Once I heard from Behringer they took care of my issue quickly. They issued a RMA number and provided instructions for the return. The mixer was delivered to Behringer in Las Vegas on the 14th and I had my repaired mixer back in my hands on the 20th. There was a weekend in there, so that's like 4 business days total which is pretty remarkable.

The only thing I'd say they could have done better would have been a little communication. An email letting me know they'd received the item and another letting me know it was fixed and being shipped back would have been perfect.

But still. I'm pretty pleased with the service I received, once they got in touch.

• August 20, 2019
  • AndreLapointe
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-31

Hello, helpful and time generous people !

With the XR18 X-Air app for iPad, is it possible to locate the shows and scenes files or folders stored in my iPad in order to quickly move data around to reorder scenes ? I am planning to save about 300 scenes (songs) and would greatly appreciate being able to easily organise them to match our new daily setlists, copying or moving selected scenes in new shows.

Thanks ahead for your most precious insights !

read more...
    0 1,233
    • AndreLapointe
      KenMitchell

Hi Andre ( @AndreLapointe ),

Unfortunately, unlike Android OS, Apple does not allow direct access to the filesystem in IOS. 

"Shows" are nothing more than containers to hold scenes so you can think of them like folders on a computer.  Scenes are the actual settings of the mixer.  

For this very reason, I've avoided using shows/scenes on the iPad and instead use X-Air Edit to save scene files in folders on a computer.   It's also pretty brutal to transfer scenes from the iPad to a computer since you basically have to load each scene from the iPad and save it as a scene file on the computer.  After renaming them and re-organizing the way you want them, you have to reverse the process which again, is pretty brutal.

As an alternative, take a look at Mixing Station Pro on Android. Yes, there's also an iPad version but it has the same constraint since it's Apple imposed.  MSP on Android allows you to save scenes in folders, rename, re-organize, etc.  Note that the .scene files created by MSP are not compatible with X-Air Edit.  

Hope this is helpful. 

Ken

• August 1, 2019
    • AndreLapointe
      AndreLapointe

@KenMitchell 

It most certainly is helpful ! Thanks, Ken, for such a detailed and informative answer !

I think I might just switch from Mac to Windows and use X-Air edit that seems to let you manipulate scenes with ease and would hence be of great help for setlists building.

I am currently using Auria Pro for tracks recording and virtual soundchecks on iPad. So I am now looking for a good DAW with MIDI capability to install on a Windows laptop. Ideally, this DAW would also be installed on a Windows tablet and the two units would be linked together wirelessly to control the DAW during virtual soundchecks while the tablet would also control X-Air. Would this be feasible under Windows and if so would you have any compatible MIDI DAW suggestions ?

• August 1, 2019
  • events2
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-31
    I run a small band and have invested in an x32 compact desk along with the sd8 snake ( 2 of them) 
    I have watched nearly everyone of the Drew Brasher videos including the set up for ‘Jeff’? I have searched every resource possible and i have to say , these are by far the most practical, clear and intelligible. 
    I set up the board for a rehearsal and was hoping to record it to the x-live card installed but this wouldn’t play back ( i even tried putting the files produced into pro tools) - some channels showed recorded signals others showed nothing but for the life of ne I cant see what’s wrong! I have not yet managed to incorporate the sd8s into the set up ( lost in routing!) 
    We have the flooring inputs:

Lead vox 
    3 x backing vox
    Electronic drums (L&R)
    Keys (L&R)
    Elec gtr (hughes and kettner – utilising the DI) 
    Acoustic gtr 1 (through a DI)
    Bass gtr (through a DI)
    Acoustic gtr 2 (through a DI)
    Roland SPX –sd pad to drive backing tracks  - 2 sep channels  - 1 click track to drummer  monitor and 1 feed to remaining monitors and to main L&R

We output to a L & R, powered pa system ( LD Systems Maui  11G2  x2) 
    We play relatively small venues but its great to be able to use the digital board for ease of set up and to record / playback rehearsals. We will be playing a big gig next summer where will supply a stereo out feed from our board to the house PA .

We have 1 powered monitor for drums, 1 powered monitor for keys, 1 powered monitor for lead vox and 1 in ears monitor for guitarist 
    Its a 5 piece band – vocals and acoustic guitar, backing vocals and elec gtr / acoustic gtr, bass, keys and drums 
    I did manage to record the session on to the 2 track usb recorder but really want to grab each independent channel onto the sd-card

What I'm hoping is that  you tcould help produce a ’set up’ for us that will allow us to utilise the system properly. ( haven’t even looked at any fx or channel strip controls yet !) 
    Im sure you can tell that im a relative newly albeit reasonably au fait with the practicalities of set up and managed to get sound out of the speakers with the correct individual mixes to each monitor but I'm not convinced i did it properly and I think i probably messed up the sub-groups (not really sure i needed those?)
    read more...
    0 200
  • PaPaDuck
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-30
    0 280
    • PaPaDuck
      RichardYClark

When you say 'headset' do you mean a pair of headphones to listen to the sound with (for which there isn't a suitable headphone jack on a PMP2000)? Or do you mean a pair of headphones with a boom microphone attached and you want to plug the microphone into the PMP?

• July 30, 2019
    • PaPaDuck
      RichardYClark

I'm afraid that there is no easy way to connect headphones to a PMP2000 directly since there is no headphone jack provided. You could possibly buy a headphone amp with RCA inputs to connect to the RCA Line Out sockets.

• August 1, 2019
  • Fishman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-30

After much googling, help from this site and trial and error I have managed to get 6 seperate stereo IEM feeds from my XR18. 

I'm in a 6 piece band and originally was going to settle for 6 mono IEM feeds but having experienced stereo I knew it was so much better and I managed to figure it out so each person can use their phone to mix their own personal IEM mix.

Equipment used to achieve this is:

- XR18

- 8 channel mic splitter

- 8 channel headphone amp

- xlr snakes 

- laptop

The XR18 provides 6 aux outs which I used to create 3 stereo mixes. The main LR out is used for the 4th. The headphone out is used for the 5th (2 effects slots are routed as 5th) The laptop is used for the 6th via usb routed into Reaper and feed through the headphone out of the laptop. 

I am splitting 8 mics before they go to FOH (4 x vocals, 4 x drum mics) and running line outs through Dis from bass, guitar and keys.

It all goes into XR18 for processing, a bit of reverb added and 2 x ambient mics mixed in. We are using wired connections but this could easily be run to wireless systems.

We use the M Air Q app on phones for 3 aux mixes, custom Mix Station layer on phone for the main LR mix and another custom layer for the effect slot mix. Reaper has its own web interface control app which is used for the 6th. Very happy so far.

read more...
    1 389
  • KevinMaxwell
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-29

X32 rack as the IEM Mixer in a church. I was talking to the fellow who is in charge of the sound crew, made up of all volunteers. And we were talking tonight about how to save the different singer and instrumentalist’s mixes. I said that maybe one could make a snippet for each person. So when that person is part of the band their starting IEM mix can be recalled for them. But it looks like snippets doesn’t have the granularity to do that. We have discussed it and they want mono mixes for the IEMs. So each Mix Bus will be an individual’s IEM mix. Is this something that we would have to use Paul Vannatos Live Tool box to accomplish and then how does one quickly store changes to that mix? Or is there another way to do this.

read more...
    0 342
    • KevinMaxwell
      GaryHiggins

If I understand your post, a simple scene save should capture your mixbus changes. Would be important to remember to do so otherwise the previously saved scene settings would get recalled every time you load that scene and not the changes just made. I'm sure that Pauls program could do the job (probably better) but would not be required to do a simple save operation.

• July 29, 2019
    • KevinMaxwell
      KevinMaxwell

@GaryHiggins wrote:

If I understand your post, a simple scene save should capture your mixbus changes. Would be important to remember to do so otherwise the previously saved scene settings would get recalled every time you load that scene and not the changes just made. I'm sure that Pauls program could do the job (probably better) but would not be required to do a simple save operation.

Gary thank you for your help getting this setup working, our phone conversation really helped me.

This one’s a bit more complicated than a simple scene save. There are a bunch of different singers and instrumentalists and the combinations are many. So I am looking for a way to save and recall each individuals’ IEM Mix when it is their day to participate in the service. I almost said show.

For example if they have 20 different singers and about 5 of them participate on a Sunday, I want them to be able to recall each of those 5 singers preferred IEM mix. Say on one Sunday Adam is on mic one and IEM mix one, but on the next Sunday Mary is on mic one IEM mix one. I would like the person mixing the house sound for that day to be able to recall the right combination of preferred mixes. Now this may only be a starting point for each of them but it is better than starting from scratch each Sunday to setup their IEM mixes. I am not a complete novice to snippets but I couldn’t get snippets to do exactly what I wanted. I played around with this setup in snippets trying to do this and if I could select in the Parameter filter the individual Bus send instead of “Bus 1-8 Sends” then I could do what I want.

I haven’t used Paul’s toolbox enough to be as comfortable with it as I would like. As I was typing this I downloaded the latest of Paul’s Live Toolbox and I see that I can edit a snippet so it only recalls one Mix Bus, but that takes some time to setup (edit) and when I save it again in the X32 edit software it overwrites the edited snippet losing all of the configuration I edited. I wonder how hard it would be to make a little utility to accomplish what I want. I might have as many as 16 people on the different IEM mix sends and many more than that to choose from on any Sunday.

• July 29, 2019
    • KevinMaxwell
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey Kevin @KevinMaxwell,

Sorry for the delayed response. Had to get in my beauty sleep, etc. 

You are correct that snippets are the way to go to accomplish what you want. Unfortunately the snippet GUI in the X32/M32 is not granular enough, as you have already noticed. But snippets can be created from a known good scene to be granular enough using Scene Parser which is an offline scene to snippet parser/editor. Live Toolbox is an online tool that uses tidbits (snippets on steroids) instead of snippets to accomplish similar results. But for your application, the snippet route is probably the better solution.

The best way to start is to save a scene or scenes with all of the monitor mixes setup in place. Then:

* load each scene (one at a time), select the appropriate channel filters (second column) and parse. This will extract just the channel OSC command lines with the values.

* The next step is to delete all of the channel OSC command lines that are not mixbus related. This can be done manually in the Results editor, or you can use the Range replace and delete tool. The best approach is to use the replace feature to move channel mixbus lines from say channels 1-32 to 33-64 temporarily. Then use the delete feature to delete the remaining channels 1-32 OSC lines. Finally use the replace feature to change the channels 33-64 back to 1-32.

Scene Parser also has a script feature built-in that can automate all of this. I can help you set that up if you wish.

• July 30, 2019
    • KevinMaxwell
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey Kevin @KevinMaxwell and Gary @GaryHiggins,

Just got thinking about this whole thing. This request of saving monitor mixes comes up frequently and there is currently no easy tool to accomplish this. What I should do is create a macro in Scene Parser, similar to the Channel Arranger tool to extract the desired channels and mixbuses and create the desired snippet. I won't be able to tackle this until next week at the earliest, since I'm getting things ready for a big event (6 bands over 2 days) this weekend. But I have in mind how to do it. Stay tuned.

• July 30, 2019
    • KevinMaxwell
      KevinMaxwell

@Paul_Vannatto wrote:

Hey Kevin @KevinMaxwell and Gary @GaryHiggins,

Just got thinking about this whole thing. This request of saving monitor mixes comes up frequently and there is currently no easy tool to accomplish this. What I should do is create a macro in Scene Parser, similar to the Channel Arranger tool to extract the desired channels and mixbuses and create the desired snippet. I won't be able to tackle this until next week at the earliest, since I'm getting things ready for a big event (6 bands over 2 days) this weekend. But I have in mind how to do it. Stay tuned.

Thank you Paul for all of the help you have been to me and all of the others on this forum.

That would be great. I was also trying to figure out if there is a way to make a standalone utility that would enable you to actually modify each mix on a simple display of faders. And then be able to save the different Mix Bus mixes one at a time and also be able to recall the needed mix from that utility.

• July 30, 2019
  • yosoychema
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-29
    Hi all. I have an x32 compact and rack and I want to use the rack for live.
    The idea is to process the voices by sending the effect (from 13-16 buses) to the two voices and control the amount of effect on the return via midi pedal.
    I have already configured all this. The question I have is, if I want to send to the FOH technician's table the three voices processed by my X32 rack (monitor table), are they sent in mono or stereo? At the time of taking them out I suppose I have to do it using 3 or 6 buses (depending on whether it is mono or stereo) But I already use 8 buses for the 4 in ears and buses 13-16 are occupied by the evolution of the effects.
    However in my S32 I have 16 outputs, of which the 13-16 are free but in the console they are occupied by the sending of effects.
    If I use physical output 13 and 14 for a voice how do I control this if buses 13 and 14 on the console are occupied by the sending effect?
    Thanks
    read more...
    0 266
    • yosoychema
      RexBeckett

@yosoychema 

Hi Chema, welcome to the forum.

If you can explain more about what you want to do, we may be able to suggest a solution. Are you using the X32 Compact for FOH and the X32 Rack for monitors? How are the two consoles and the S32 connected? It would also help if you saved your scene files and attached them to your post (See Choose File button below). 

• July 29, 2019
    • yosoychema
      yosoychema

No, i´m using the compact in the studio (with a S32) and then we load the sesion in the x32 rack one for live(also with the S32). We have a split for every channel to give the FOH the original signal except the vocies that we process  with fx in eh x32 rack. So it´s better to give this post fader voices in stereo to the FOH? For that i need to use 4 xlr outs. So as i can see i can use the 16´s xlr outs for ie monitoring and voices post fx output, but in the mixer from the 13 to 16 faders are for the fx sends, so i can not controll the 13 to 16 xlr outs in the mixer. How can i controll these 13 to 16 xlr outs of the S32 in the mixer? I hope these is clear to you, if not ask me.

Thanks for help.

• July 29, 2019
    • yosoychema
      Paul_Vannatto

@yosoychema wrote:

No, i´m using the compact in the studio (with a S32) and then we load the sesion in the x32 rack one for live(also with the S32). 

If you are expecting to use the same wet/dry FX mix that you use in the studio for a live event, you will be very disappointed. Mixing for a live event (whether indoor or outdoor) is very different than mixing in a studio or for IEMs. I would suggest that you save the FX presets for each of the FX you have developed in the studio and load those into the FOH console. Then have the FOH engineers blend those FX with the dry signals for the event. I guarantee that it will be different, but more correct for the environment than the mix you have at MON console.

• July 29, 2019
    • yosoychema
      yosoychema

The idea is give to the FOH man the voices signal alreday wet with fx and eq procesed but, he can change some paremeters in the sound check with our ipad in the X32 rac monitor mix if he have some issues with the eviroment differences. We have to do this in the cases when the FOH mixer is not a X32 or Cat5 compatible. We have to do it like this cause both singers we have a midi pedal controll over the X32 rack, and we up and down the FX retrurns faders (one reverb and one delay each) depends on the moment of the song. We are doing a dream pop and ambient music with the voices also. We can not give to the FOH tecnical (if it not ours) the fx control mix cause this.

We did sominthing this in the past with a  fx voices pedals giving already wet signal to the Foh and it works. I know is not ideal but not always have our tecnical man with a X32. What do you think? Better to give it to the FOH the wet signal in mono or in stereo from the S32 out?

• July 29, 2019
    • yosoychema
      Paul_Vannatto

@yosoychema wrote:

We did sominthing this in the past with a  fx voices pedals giving already wet signal to the Foh and it works. I know is not ideal but not always have our tecnical man with a X32. What do you think? Better to give it to the FOH the wet signal in mono or in stereo from the S32 out?

Reverbs and delays usually get a mono dry signal (eg. bus 13-16 to feed FX 1-4) and produce a stereo wet signal, and this wet signal does not sound the same in mono (try it).

I have done sound for a few performers that had an FX unit on their vocal and provided me the resulting blended signal. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - and its frustrating to the FOH engineer when it doesn't and he has no control to fix it.

Since you are changing the FX constantly within the songs (as you described) using a midi footpedal, in order to emulate the FX unit you used before, I would suggest you setup a stereo linked mixbus pair (eg buses 9/10) and feed both the vocal dry signals as well as the wet FX returns to it, just like you would for an IEM mix. Then assign that mixbus pair to an output (eg. on the Routing, Out 1-16), which would be then assigned to the AES50 feed to FOH. Then give the FOH engineer a tablet with Mixing Station so he can fine tune that mix for the environment. 

• July 29, 2019
  • AlbertMitchell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-28

Just curious if anyone here has tried the presets DBB Audio is selling ($47). If so, how do they compare to the ones compiled by the community here?

read more...
    0 350
Go to page