Behringer

Brand

Behringer

305,509 members
189,818 posts
  • timtrace
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-25

Greetings, is it possible to use a commercially-available, foot-operated remote device to tap tempo on the X32 internal effects?

0 1,427
    • timtrace
      Paul_Vannatto

@timtrace wrote:

Greetings, is it possible to use a remote device to tap tempo on the X32 internal effects?

Yes you can. Mixing Station Pro (for android and iPad) has tap tempo included with the mutegroup popup screen. If you want a physical remote tap device such as a foot pedal, you can do it using an arduino (see this thread).

• July 25, 2019
    • timtrace
      timtrace

Paul, thanks for telling me about Mixing Station. Wow, what a great app. I can fly around in there at a speed unattainable with the MT apps.

• July 25, 2019
    • timtrace
      Paul_Vannatto

@timtrace wrote:

Paul, thanks for telling me about Mixing Station. Wow, what a great app. I can fly around in there at a speed unattainable with the MT apps.

Glad to hear that you discovered our beloved Mixing Station. I've been using it since David first released it (Aug 2013) and have been one of his biggest fans (and salesman ). If you enable the tap tempo (in the settings, app), the tap tempo buttons will be included with the mutegroup buttons (icon at the top with little squares).

• July 25, 2019
    • timtrace
      PatrickGMaillot The foot controlled/operated part will not do it for Mixing Station on a tablet What is the reason for a *Commercial* product? Warranty? Support? You want to resell them? or what's 'wrong' with a non-commercial product? -Patrick
      • July 26, 2019
    • timtrace
      timtrace

Fair questions, Patrick.

I am not in any way, shape, or form prepared to start up a business manufacturing, distributing, and retailing MIDI footboards. I'll leave that to Keith McMillen.

A commercial product will function as designed, and it will have support and product warranties behind it. A home-made prototype will take time and resources to design, fabricate, assemble, test, and debug, and the builder will be responsible for all support. It seems reasonable to attempt the easier solution first.

I've found an example, but it's more of a boutique item than a commercial product: https://youtu.be/6Q2eEqOFmAE

This having been said, I've warmed to the idea of building my own footboard with tap-tempo control. I blame Paul and his willingness to share information.

If you review my post history you'll see that I'm contemplating a swap from an old A&H iLive system to an X32 system, mostly because I've grown weary of the sub-par iLive remote control software on iOS. I'm only on the fence because iLive has 2x the busses of X32, and all 8 FX are assignable anywhere, but ... that iOS app is truly miserable.

It is absolutely a requirement that I be able to tap tempo with a remote footswitch, hence this topic. On my iLive, I constructed a buss muting and and tap-tempo system using the A&H PL8 module and a handmade footswitch and it's been working perfectly for many years. I'm trying to get there with the X32.

I'm completely new to Arduino, but I've got experience in related areas. This will be an adventure for sure.

My shopping list:
      http://amzn.com/B01EWOE0UU - Uno R3
      http://amzn.com/B07F96FF8G - 9V power, if I don't have one around here
      http://amzn.com/B07GD2BWPY - jumpers, still looking for multipin headers
      http://amzn.com/B01LZKP12X - MIDI cable for output

Do you guys have any examples of a sturdy footswitch case to house the Uno, five switches, LEDs, and a panel-mount MIDI jack? Something that can't be crushed when a 225# male stumbles onto it in the middle of a set?

Paul's notes in other topics and the CC numbers in the sketch don't seem to match up with the MT docs I've found so far. https://kb.musictribe.com/musickb/view/article/behringer/en_US/X32-What-Are-The-MIDI-CC-Values I'll need to modify the sketch to mute/unmute busses rather than the FX returns, so that my reverb and delay tails continue after tapping mute. Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the conversation

• July 27, 2019
  • Dragon
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-25

Has there been any thought put into a physical remote control surface for these consoles? Something that’s a bit more reliable then an iPad on WiFi?  I see the x-touch can be compatible however it is originally geared more towards the recording market. Something like the x touch but laid out more like the x32 surface for use with the remote software. Another option would be a full on surface with minimal I/O for those of us that use stageboxes and only need a few local courtesy inputs at FOH (BGM, talkback, etc.). Maybe even an output for a monitor or iPad integration instead of the little built in screen? Might open up the potential for use in other situations and make the truck pack a little lighter while still having the hands on tools some prefer. 

Thoughts? 

read more...
    0 256
  • Dinesh
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-24
    Hi,

One of our customer has purchased Behringer UMC2, and requested for Traction code a weeks ago
    but still haven't received the code, kindly support regarding Traction software code

Product serial number  S190114735AVV  
    read more...
    0 257
    • Dinesh
      KenMitchell

Hi @Dinesh ,

Welcome to the community.  The first thing to check is the spam folder. It's all too common these days for messages like these to get caught in a spam filter.  Unfortunately, this is a community support forum and not Behringer customer support.  I'd recommend you open a support ticket here.  You should receive an automated reply soon after opening the ticket.  If you don't get the reply, again, check your spam folder. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• July 25, 2019
  • jwolske
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-24

One of the situations in which I mix has an X32 rack. recently the rack has been reset and cleared of all saved settings (It has happened a total of 3 times in the past few weeks). I need to determine if this is something the console is doing itself or if someone from the restaurant is messing with things and sabotaging us. Long story...

Is it possible that the X32 rack is somehow resetting to factory settings and losing all routing and scenes on its own? It seems to happen when the unit powers down and back on. One of our guys was able to go in last week and reconfigure everything (we don't tend to have a lot of time between setup and the band's downbeat) and save it to a USB drive.

Obvious fix for now is to put scenes on USB, but we have a lot of techs who mix the room and dont want to leave our thumb drives (or even one) at the venue for fear that it is sabotage - it might just 'go missing'... But your help would be appreciated!

read more...
    0 1,415
    • jwolske
      RexBeckett

Hi @jwolske , welcome to the forum.

That isn't normal beviour for an X32 Rack. I suspect that someone has found out how to initialize it but I don't know how you could prove that. You could email the normal scene/show to all operators so they can put it on their own USB stick. 

• July 24, 2019
  • Strma
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-24

Hello, done some channel patching, is there a way to store patched setup to recall (reload) it after setting everything to 1:1?

0 314
    • Strma
      tangosynthesis

I have one of those and had the same question. There's a card slot on the front for backing up the settings so I assume that would work, but as I've never found anything that will fit in the slot I've never been able to give it a go.

Someone told me that a cheap PCMCIA->CF card adaptor is supposed to work, but mine was too thick to go in the slot so I gave up.

It's a great little desk, but I have to say that for anything more complex than "On / Off / A bit dimmer" I've moved over to using QLC+ on a laptop now.

• March 2, 2020
  • samlanning
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-23

I'm in the process of creating my own application that interfaces with the X-Touch Extender to control lights among other things. I have MIDI input working mostly, and can control slider position, VU-meter, button lights etc...

One thing I haven't been able to do is control the color of the LCD Scribble Strips, though from the product images it looks like that's controllable? Does anyone know what MIDI commands need to be sent to the desk to change them, or at least know of any applications that are able to change them?

Cheers,

Sam.

read more...
    1 170
    • samlanning
      BrianLowe

@samlanning wrote:

I'm in the process of creating my own application that interfaces with the X-Touch Extender to control lights among other things. I have MIDI input working mostly, and can control slider position, VU-meter, button lights etc...

One thing I haven't been able to do is control freejobalert gimp notepad++ the color of the LCD Scribble Strips, though from the product images it looks like that's controllable? Does anyone know what MIDI commands need to be sent to the desk to change them, or at least know of any applications that are able to change them?

Cheers,

Sam.

I also have the same question. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
      Regards,

Shane

• August 2, 2019
  • AR0NIC
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-22

I Have Filled Out 3 different warranty repair forms and emailed [email protected] in 2 weeks and no response. after having contacted several repair facilities on my own and hearing the very disparaging news that the company is in pure turmoil and they have disconnected their last Vegas phone numbers my next recourse is to pursue legal action. 50 bux to start a civil suit is completely worth it since they're to lazy to even setup automated case number emails upon receiving a warranty request. If I Lived In Vegas ID Be Beating down the front door. Just Purchased A M32 and am terrified at the prospect of having to ever have it serviced and am considering returning it and going to Allen and heath.  I am desperate at this point as I need this console for my winter concert series and if anyone can help I would be extremely grateful. this is my 3rd x32 variant and sadly my first issue. thank you for any help.

read more...
    0 376
    • AR0NIC
      RichardYClark What is the actual issue that you are having with the X32 Compact that requires a warranty repair? If the X32 is within the first year from sale then surely you would take up the matter with your supplier and ask for a replacement?
      • July 22, 2019
    • AR0NIC
      AR0NIC

The Entire Top Left Side of the board is faulty from input gain knobs/ button and input led meter to lpf gain and knob and led button along with the compressor knob and button led.

I Registered This Board With behringer within 90 days and while it's over a year this isn't faulty knobs or faders or buttons as all of these are on a single board and they all went bad at the same time. also my supplier and most supplierd are NOT going to replace a unit after their initial return policy (typically 30 days) At which point will point you to the manufacture. If it wasn't under the warranty I'd be fixing it myself however I will not attempt this as it is. Even an extended warranty from my supplier would only be a year.

A response from music tribe / music group at this point is the first step and it has been 2 weeks and nothing.

• July 22, 2019
    • AR0NIC
      KenMitchell

Hi Aaron ( @AR0NIC ), 

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about your troubles.  Not sure if this is the case but in the past some of the support emails seem to be getting caught in spam filters.  Have you checked your spam folder to see if there's anything there? 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• July 22, 2019
    • AR0NIC
      AR0NIC

Sadly no.

• July 22, 2019
    • AR0NIC
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @AR0NIC 

I'm sorry you haven't been contacted by our Care team. Please note that [email protected] email is no longer active and all warranty requests must go through our web forms here

Please PM me your case number (if you have one) or your contact information and I'll see that you get contacted ASAP. 

• July 23, 2019
  • Caught exception: Specified column "user_id" is not in the row
  • timtrace
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-21

Greetings, first post. This ought to be easy for you guys 

Is it possible to connect an S32 to an X-32 Compact and create a 48/24 environment? How would the X-32 Compact manage so much I/O? It appears to me as if the layer flip buttons top out at 32x16.

Are there any benefits if an X-32 Rack is used instead of an S32 in this scenario, at the expense of the total I/O count?

If I used an X-32 Compact with an X-32 Rack, would it be difficult to leave the X-32 Compact at home for certain gigs?

I'm considering changing over from my Allen & Heath iLive iDR-32 MixRack, to an X-series system. The primary drivers in my decision - 1> my iDR-32 is 10 years old and the used prices are dropping like a stone, 2> the iLive product line is long dead even if most of the release team still works for A&H, and 3> the iDR iOS and Android software is terrible

I don't own an iLive control surface due to the high cost, even of used pieces. I've only ever used a Windows computer to control my iDR-32, and it has been quite awkward at times.

My church has recently deployed an X-32, and I'm quickly becoming familiar with the X-series workflow on computers, portable devices, and an X-32 surface.

Thanks --

read more...
    0 241
    • timtrace
      DaveMorrison

Hi @timtrace 

The X/M series can only mix 40 inputs per mixer although they can have access up to around 160 different inputs. They can be switched by a simple scene change.

An X32 Rack has several advantages. A complete system in the box: Easy to carry, Full independent processing for Pro-Level monitoring, and redundancy. The X32 can act as a S16. They can share inputs and outputs between systems.

I personally prefer to use the rack over the X32 with faders.

• July 21, 2019
    • timtrace
      timtrace

Thank you for the thoughtful reply.

Do I correctly understand that if I ended up with a 48/24 system, I’d only be able to route 40 inputs per scene?

Is there a limit imposed on the  number of simultaneous outputs?

When you say that you prefer the rack over the surface, are you using a multi-touch tablet or notebook computer screen?

Even after more than 10 years driving my iLive with the trackpad in my notebook, I feel so much more efficient when I can touch two things at a time on a surface.

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

• July 21, 2019
    • timtrace
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Tim @timtrace,

I would agree with Dave @DaveMorrison that the X32 Rack is an excellent choice of a console, particularly if you are use to using a laptop and/or tablet instead of a physical surface. I was one that insisted on having knobs and faders when I used my A&H GL2400 - no digital mixer for me. When my church got their X32 (Dec 2012), I quickly changed my mind. And when they released the X32 Rack (Oct 2014), I knew I had to have one and forced myself to learn how to do it with a laptop and tablet. After 5+ years and hundreds of events, I don't regret my decisions and love the freedom of not being tethered to the end of a snake.

If you do decide to get an X32, there are a number of seasoned users here that can help you with any questions that would arise. Also if you need added tools, there are a number of 3rd party developers that have created a number of software tools to provide specific solutions.

• July 21, 2019
    • timtrace
      Paul_Vannatto

@timtrace wrote:

Do I correctly understand that if I ended up with a 48/24 system, I’d only be able to route 40 inputs per scene?

Routing and mixing are 2 separate subjects with the X32. As Dave mentioned, an X32 console can mix a maximum of 40 channels strips (5 banks of 8) at any point in time. The actual sources of these channel strips can be changed using scenes and/or snippets.  

Is there a limit imposed on the  number of simultaneous outputs?

In any X32 eco-system the answer is theoreticaly no. There is a limit of cascaded stageboxes of 24 separate outputs per AES50 feed (each X32 has 2 AES50 ports). But X32 can also be connected to multiple X32 in the eco-system which does provide more potential outputs available.

• July 21, 2019
    • timtrace
      timtrace

Another option has come to mind. I'm considering a M32C and a DL32.

I thought I'd ask you guys and gals: What are the differences under the hood between a M32C and an X32-Rack?

• July 23, 2019
  • Marconld
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-21

Is there a way to change the channelstrip layout for the x-air series.

i want the EQ after the compressor. 

Maybe a future firmware update??

0 141
    • Marconld
      Paul_Vannatto

@Marconld wrote:

Is there a way to change the channelstrip layout for the x-air series.

i want the EQ after the compressor. 

Maybe a future firmware update??

That feature is only available on the X32/M32 and I don't believe there are any plans on adding it to the X-Air consoles.

• July 21, 2019
Go to page