Products

293,637 members
176,662 posts
  • Caught exception: Specified column "user_id" is not in the row
  • stribo1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-10

Hi there. I play trumpet and saxophone in a band and was wondering if this was possible.... can I run my trumpet through the stereo input with a switch on the stage mic (toggle on and off when not playing), and run my sax through the mono input with also a switch to toggle on and off when not in use?

Also, is the stereo signal for the 'trumpet' going to send to the board half the output strength of the mono signal? I hope this is possible - that would be really cool. As I'm sure you're aware the gain of the trumpet compared to the saxophone is significantly different hence the need to run both channels seperately into the board. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much. 

read more...
    0 103
  • awanppmc
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-10

I am not getting enough signal from a couple of microphones I am using as band area mics.   The microphones are SM58s that are plugged into a 16 channel snake, which are then ran into a DL32.  The DL32 then runs to two consoles over ethercon, a Midas M32 at the main mixing position, and a Behrenger x32 at the monitor position. We cannot seem to get enough signal, if I push the gain to full I'll maybe get some distant chattering. 

Is there a way to increase the gain on the band area mics?

Also, is there a way to set phantom power on a DL32?  We have tried but the stagebox doesn't respond to the console.

read more...
    0 255
    • awanppmc
      CraigFowler

The SM58s aren't fantasic to use as band area mics.  They're not as sensitive as you need them to be, and they have a cardioid pickup pattern.  They're great for a single vocalist, with their mouth 2" away from the mic, not so good at picking up sound from a large area.  You can add 60dB up to 60dB of gain, and then a further 18dB of digital trim, but I don't think it'll work very well.  You'd be better off with a different mic. Even a drum overhead would probably do a better job.

Re +48V, you've said that you're using 2 consoles.  Only one console can control the preamps on the DL32, so make sure you're using the correct console.  Setup>Preamps can be used even if those preamps don't apply to actual channels.

• November 9, 2019
  • KlausEff
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-10

RN_312.JPGX32 Download.JPG

V. 4.0 is similar to V. 3.12 ? And...newest versions only found in the "legacy view". Really funny!

Hi Paul, I am lucky not having software or firmware problems with my X32 Rack.

What I found out was, if the new X EDIT32 V.4.0 software release comes, user I/O routing is available!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4pvYc3zmUE

@Paul_Vannatto 

read more...
    0 321
    • KlausEff
      RexBeckett

@KlausEff 

V. 4.0 is similar to V. 3.12 ?

V 4.0 has new routing capabilities but it can still be used in the same way as V 3.12.

And...newest versions only found in the "legacy view". Really funny!

As @Paul_Vannatto mentioned in another thread, this is not the first time they have downgraded the current version before releasing the new one.

• November 9, 2019
    • KlausEff
      PerHeldal

Just now there is nothing. No current firmware and no legacy. The same for X/M-edit. How hard is it to manage a small archive of downloads? Why not simply keep all the old stuff in place unchanged until there is a new version? And keep all lecacy firmware/software available for download. 

...maybe I putting too much confidence in the clowns who still after a year do not even understand how terrible this community-site is compared to what they had before 

• November 11, 2019
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-09
    0 153
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

Any way to have a feature where we can set "sweetened" tunings and save them? We can then tune our guitars like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2xnXArjPts

• November 9, 2019
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

This is for the VLPE btw.

Any way to have a feature where we can set "sweetened" tunings and save them? We can then tune our guitars like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2xnXArjPts

• November 9, 2019
    • ChrisF
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @ChrisF,
      Unfortunately the VoiceLive PlayElectric is discontinued and will not be receiving any further firmware updates.  Cents are displayed on the tuner though ("-50", "-30", "-15", etc) so it's still possible to achieve that tuning by holding the "HIT" footswitch to enable the tuner.  Cheers!

• November 12, 2019
  • jayhay
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-09

Hi, when using my DAW hitting play starts the sequencer. Is there a way to get the Odyssey to play the piano roll that it records in the DAW? Many thanks!

0 109
  • yaboymichaeld
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-09

Hi all,

I just purchased a pair of Behringer DR - 115 DSP'S and got to try them out today.

Very nice sounding speakers and a lot of control with the DSP in terms to EQ's and crossovers etc.

I'm a bit confused though in regards the limiting applied to this speaker it seems to display LIMIT on the LCD randomly. It's doesn't matter what level the input is at it will say LIMIT at low volumes and at high.
    This is annoying as honestly I don't know where the true limit is of the speaker.

I'm running from Pioneer decks via XLR to the Behringer. volume on the Pioneer is at 12 OClock and the output meter reads -16db or so . Input gain is at 12 oclock and the volume on the LCD is at 0DB on the Behringer.

There is an input meter which monitors input on the LCD of the Behringer and this is 1/4 of the way full when playing something through the speaker, I feel I'm nowhere near clipping either.

I'm wondering if anyone could either shed light on any similar situations like this they had or if (God forbid) I should send the speakers back.

read more...
    1 187
    • yaboymichaeld
      JeffStevens

Are you hearding noticeable level differences when the limit is displayed?  Maybe it is a soft limit to protect from peaks.  What listening mode are you in (DJ, Live, etc.)?  What is the source of the music?  (many downloaded mp3's have unwanted artifacts that may be triggering this).

Will the speakers still get loud or is the limiter choking the level?

I wouldn't be bothered by a limiter coming on.  That is different than a peak or clipping display.  I wonder if certain listening modes have a lower threshold on the limiter?

• January 13, 2020
  • KlausEff
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-09

I am using the 3.11  firmware on my X32 Rack. Since yesterday, the actual 3.12 Firmware of X32 Rack is only available listed in "related firmware" ( I think, this IS the new software, but wrong dated in July 2018) and the actual X 32 Edit App v3.2 software is no longer listed...only the related (really the old software) X-Edit Software, listed as related. Does anybody know what happened to this Behringer website area? Software / firmware release / roll out problems? Hello, it seems, that nobody has seen these problems on this site...

read more...
    0 708
    • KlausEff
      JeffRusin

I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but the 3.12 is a scribble strip fix for the M 32 . version 4.0 is not available yet should be very soon there is however 4.0 for x32 edit but you can only seem to find it on some Facebook Behringer/midas forums and it doesn't do you a whole Lotta good because it won't be compatible with your board until it has the 4.0 version on it also

• November 9, 2019
    • KlausEff
      KlausEff

Thanks guys @JeffRusin and @Paul_Vannatto  for your quick reply; I am actual still using the 3.11 firmware on my X32 rack and it is working great with the X32 Edit v. 3.2 and a SD8 digisnake.

But my second question was: Where is the download file of the X32 Edit v. 3.2 gone? I did not find this file again. Luckily, I have downloaded the file on October, 11th this year.

Maybe, this site or some servers are under construction and after the weekend, all content is again on the right place...

• November 9, 2019
    • KlausEff
      Paul_Vannatto

@KlausEff wrote:

Where is the download file of the X32 Edit v. 3.2 gone? I did not find this file again. Luckily, I have downloaded the file on October, 11th this year.

This isn't the first time this has happened, when they are about to roll out a new version. But a very good reason to download and archive when it is there. I have the X32 Editor (previously called XControl) versions archived back to 1.08 (late 2012). They just released M32-Edit 4.0 that will work with the new 4.0 firmware (coming very soon). I bet someone jumped the gun and removed the current Edit from the websites.

• November 9, 2019
  • kiddchoi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-08

X32 Compact Connect Ipad and Public Network

We want connect ipad for controls and Public Network (wifi or lan), can help how to setup

thanks

0 88
  • Sanderxpander
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-08

Hello everyone, 

I have sort of a complicated setup (I think) and was hoping I'm missing a solution. Our upcoming theater show has a full size X32 console as FOH, my personal X32 Rack as interface and stageblock on one side of the stage and an S16 as stageblock on the other side of the stage. The S16 goes to my X32 rack via AES A and is forwarded to FOH (via AES B) from there.

We have basically everything working, EXCEPT I have an ultranet switch in my X32 Rack case and we'd like to run a couple of PM16s from there - which works but we were thinking we could let the FOH set it all up so we could benefit from his bussing, EQ, fading in and out of bg music/samples/whatever, and I can't figure out how to do that. It seems that I have to make all ultranet assignments on my X32. I know about the "trick" where AES channels 33 to 48 are ultranet channels but I think I'd have to assign them to channels on my X32 and I don't have those channels left (using 8 inputs, 8 USB channels and 16 from the S16). Am I correct in thinking that there is no way to simply "forward" the main console's ultranet channels to my ultranet out port?

read more...
    0 204
    • Sanderxpander
      RexBeckett

@Sanderxpander 

Hello Sander, welcome to the forum.

You can forward any channels coming in from the FOH on AES50 directly out to the S16 on the other AES50 port without burning channels. You just make the assignments on the Routing -> AES50 A/B tab. So you can send the required mixes from the FOH on AES50-B 33-48 and just pass them straight through to AES50-A 33-48.

X32 UNR.PNG

Does that answer your question? 

• November 8, 2019
    • Sanderxpander
      Sanderxpander

Almost, haha. This may be the best we can do. The thing is I have the ultranet distribution box in the X32 rack case because I need it for gigs in between, so I'd like to leave it there it's basically permanently plugged in.

So ideally I'd like to have everything go through its ultranet port but if that can't be done, yours is a good solution! 

• November 8, 2019
    • Sanderxpander
      RexBeckett

@Sanderxpander wrote:

Almost, haha. This may be the best we can do. The thing is I have the ultranet distribution box in the X32 rack case because I need it for gigs in between, so I'd like to leave it there it's basically permanently plugged in.

So ideally I'd like to have everything go through its ultranet port but if that can't be done, yours is a good solution! 

@Sanderxpander 

I see your point but it would only take an extra Cat5 cable and separate scenes for the different types of gig...

Or - get a spare P-16D for the larger gigs and run it from the S16 Ultranet output.

• November 8, 2019
    • Sanderxpander
      Sanderxpander

Yup! I was surprised that there is just no way to "slave" the Ultranet to the main console on the X32 and hoped there was something I missed. But since we do have an S16 on stage as well, that's probably what we'll do. 

• November 9, 2019
Go to page