Products

293,643 members
176,669 posts
  • Sanderxpander
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-08

Hello everyone, 

I have sort of a complicated setup (I think) and was hoping I'm missing a solution. Our upcoming theater show has a full size X32 console as FOH, my personal X32 Rack as interface and stageblock on one side of the stage and an S16 as stageblock on the other side of the stage. The S16 goes to my X32 rack via AES A and is forwarded to FOH (via AES B) from there.

We have basically everything working, EXCEPT I have an ultranet switch in my X32 Rack case and we'd like to run a couple of PM16s from there - which works but we were thinking we could let the FOH set it all up so we could benefit from his bussing, EQ, fading in and out of bg music/samples/whatever, and I can't figure out how to do that. It seems that I have to make all ultranet assignments on my X32. I know about the "trick" where AES channels 33 to 48 are ultranet channels but I think I'd have to assign them to channels on my X32 and I don't have those channels left (using 8 inputs, 8 USB channels and 16 from the S16). Am I correct in thinking that there is no way to simply "forward" the main console's ultranet channels to my ultranet out port?

read more...
    0 204
    • Sanderxpander
      RexBeckett

@Sanderxpander 

Hello Sander, welcome to the forum.

You can forward any channels coming in from the FOH on AES50 directly out to the S16 on the other AES50 port without burning channels. You just make the assignments on the Routing -> AES50 A/B tab. So you can send the required mixes from the FOH on AES50-B 33-48 and just pass them straight through to AES50-A 33-48.

X32 UNR.PNG

Does that answer your question? 

• November 8, 2019
    • Sanderxpander
      Sanderxpander

Almost, haha. This may be the best we can do. The thing is I have the ultranet distribution box in the X32 rack case because I need it for gigs in between, so I'd like to leave it there it's basically permanently plugged in.

So ideally I'd like to have everything go through its ultranet port but if that can't be done, yours is a good solution! 

• November 8, 2019
    • Sanderxpander
      RexBeckett

@Sanderxpander wrote:

Almost, haha. This may be the best we can do. The thing is I have the ultranet distribution box in the X32 rack case because I need it for gigs in between, so I'd like to leave it there it's basically permanently plugged in.

So ideally I'd like to have everything go through its ultranet port but if that can't be done, yours is a good solution! 

@Sanderxpander 

I see your point but it would only take an extra Cat5 cable and separate scenes for the different types of gig...

Or - get a spare P-16D for the larger gigs and run it from the S16 Ultranet output.

• November 8, 2019
    • Sanderxpander
      Sanderxpander

Yup! I was surprised that there is just no way to "slave" the Ultranet to the main console on the X32 and hoped there was something I missed. But since we do have an S16 on stage as well, that's probably what we'll do. 

• November 9, 2019
  • JM007
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-08

Hello All, I am looking for someone who is really familiar with the X32 software and would feel confident in creating some custom software for me. Feel free to post on here if you or someone you know might be interested. Thank you.

0 156
    • JM007
      bhamil

Hello, 

CAn you tell more about it?  I do know someone who works with X32 and developes software.  

I don't see a PM option, so maybe email is the best option if you don't want to describe it here. 

Bob Hamil 

• February 6, 2020
  • JM007
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-08

Hello All, I am looking for someone who is really familiar with the X32 software and would feel confident in creating some custom software for me. Feel free to post on here if you or someone you know might be interested. Thank you.

0 241
    • JM007
      KenMitchell

Hi John ( @JM007 ), 

Can you give us a bit more information on what you need?  Do you have a statement-of-work or spec of what you are looking for? Do you have a specific language in mind? 

My first thought is @PatrickGMaillot  (C) or @Paul_Vannatto (Pascal) but I have no idea what their workload is these days.  With the pending V4.0 firmware update, I'd recommend waiting for that to settle down a bit before launching into any custom programming project. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• November 8, 2019
    • JM007
      JM007

Ken, Thank you for the post...

We have an X32 Rack mounted system. We will need to move to the latest software update (4.0) but need some work in deep level programing.

Our current system was programed for our specific needs. Unfortunatley the peson who did our previous programing is no longer available. We need to be sure this programming is still viable after the software update and we need to have some more programming done to bring the system up to our current needs.

• November 8, 2019
    • JM007
      PatrickGMaillot John, The port of your existing solution should not be an issue, B has been rather good over their different FW update at managing a good level of compatibility, even when new functionality was introduced and new or specific developments are possible, depending on your needs. Hard to tell you anything more with no description from your side, so depending on what you currently have and your needs, please provide more details. There are several people in this forum who can help you either with configuring [even for complex setups] or dedicated software solutions programming. BR, -Patrick
      • November 8, 2019
  • IncubatorJones
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-08

Hello all,

I looked around on the internet and on Behringer's site (updates, Manual etc) but can't really find any MIDI CC implementation chart. I wanted to try to get Bitwig (with all of its wonderful modulation tricks) to control the Neutron in whatever way it can. Thanks for any help and I am sorry if there is a chart and I have completely missed it!

Jim

read more...
    0 585
    • IncubatorJones
      Talos

The only Midi CC is to set the assignable output to Modulation wheel which is Midi CC 01

but you can use anything that puts out CC01 not just the mod wheel 

Alternatively something along the lines of  the Analogue Systems RS-140 MIDI/CV Converter may be ideal for your needs.

• November 8, 2019
  • DaveMorrison
    Rock Star - Level 2
    2019-11-08

At the current time, M-32 edit v4.0 is available to download. However the link to the Mac version is wrong (3.2). I'm guessing the firmware will follow very soon???

0 611
    • DaveMorrison
      DaveMorrison

Wow! This is gonna take a minute to digest.

User In and User Out are cool. Now I wanna rebuild my whole setup.

@Paul_Vannatto  It seems that Output 1-16, Ultranet, and Aux In are still the only way to add a Mixbus to any outputs. Does that mean we (potentially) have a triple staged output system? For example. Mixbus 1 > Output 12 > User Out 48> AES50-B 48 (and/or AES50-A 8)?

I suppose all this new power will lead to some serious thinking. How do we explain it to new users?

• November 8, 2019
    • DaveMorrison
      KenMitchell

@DaveMorrison  - I've got a headache reading what you just wrote.   I wish I had the time to write a graphical routing tool that allowed scene editing and saving.   This new firmware is going to require a lot of pencil and paper sketches.  Fire up the scanner. 

Ken

• November 8, 2019
    • DaveMorrison
      CraigFowler

Saw some of this on Reddit a couple of weeks ago.

It looks like using the User IO we can move away from the blocks of 8 a bit, especially wrt inputs.  It looks like we can get source signals from anywhere outside the DSP using the UserIn tab, and not be restricted by the blocks of 8.  2 local preamps (not necessarily in the same block of 8, in fact not even next to each other) + 1 card in + another local preamp + 1 aux socket + 2 remote preamps + another card in, all in 1 block of input signals is now possible, without needing to burn other input blocks, or get creative with the AuxIn Remap, or re-assign channel sources.  Yay.  Also, the internal TB mic and ExtTB preamp are both available as separate sources; so no more burning a bus to get TB to a channel.  Then once we've "staged" the UserIn tab, we can apply those userIn blocks to the input tab.  Alternatively, if we're happy with the blocks of 8 as is, we can route inputs normally, ignoring the UserIn tab alltogether.

This makes a lot of my previous posts redundant. 

Re outputs, it looks like we can just do the normal stage to block then assign block to output as per usual, however the UserOut tab can be used for things like passthrough without relying on blocks of 8, similar to input blocks, but can also be used to mix and match DSP signals staged in the out1-16\aux out\ultranet tabs in too, in pretty much any order, ie in the one block-of-8, you can get the signal from output5 in the out1-16 tab (eg bus5, post fader) appearing next to the signal from output15 on the ultranet tab (eg DirOut ch15, In\LC,) appearing next to a tap straight off a remote preamp from a stagebox connected to AES50A, then a signal from a cardin (eg a click track, no need to assign the click to a channel,) then the signal from a preamp from a stagebox connected to AES50B.

Basically we've almost hit routing nirvana (though IMO the app could use some workflow tweaks.)

• November 8, 2019
    • DaveMorrison
      KenMitchell

@CraigFowler  - you guys scare the heck out of me.  I feel like I'm on an amusement ride and my head is spinning and I'm just about to... <deleted>

Ken

• November 8, 2019
    • DaveMorrison
      DaveMorrison

When I saw that 4.0 (M32-Edit) was available, I had to look. Thankfully all the old ways seem to work. But the User In and User Out tab were mind numbing for a bit. I couldn't even understand the GUI for 10 or 15 minutes. It makes sense now.  

• November 8, 2019
  • Albertosu
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-08

Hola acabo de comprar la tajeta de sonido U-Phoria UMC1820 y no me funciona con windows 8.1 con usb3,

alguien sabe si es que solo funciona con puertos Usb2.0?Gracias.

0 72
  • madanthony81
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-08

hi I bought Vintage Guitar Effects a couple years ago.  I just signed in to Musictribe for the first time i think. 

0 144
    • madanthony81
      madanthony81

So, I dont have the serial numbers anymore or anything. Thanks.

• November 8, 2019
    • madanthony81
      TC-Claus

Hi madanthony81,

Vintage Guitar Pedal Bundle (VGPB) is authorized with Your iLok - You should be able to see Your licenses in the iLok Manager ... ?

All the best from

Claus

• November 11, 2019
    • madanthony81
      madanthony81

I couldnt find it on my Ilok.  I think i never registered it.  

• November 17, 2019
  • toko42
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-08
    Hi there. I own an X32 Compact which has developed two dead aux ins (1 & 5) all of a sudden. As far as I can see it, I can't have routed them wrong as both are linked and the respective other input works fine. Does anyone know if this may be a mere problem with the connectors or if it's something electrically? I usually use them just for plugging in a bluetooth receiver of the outputs of the 2nd band I share the rehearsal room with. How much would a repair probably cost including shipping inside of Germany (or maybe I can drive by and wait...)? Is there a schematic so some friendly electrician (or rather electrical engineer) can do it for me? Thanks for your support! Regards To
    read more...
    0 189
    • toko42
      RexBeckett

@toko42 

Hi To Ko welcome to the forum.

I cannot answer your questions about servicing but, if you would like an additional check on your configuration, save your current scene and attach the .scn file to your post (See Choose File button below). 

• November 7, 2019
    • toko42
      GaryHiggins

It might be worth looking at your aux out routing for aux 1 and 2, someone could have changed the sources by accident. If you use the aux outs in the default manner, as inserts that is, the routing should look like the pic below, all 6 aux outs under the insert column. Even if you use another source for aux 1/2, that also could have been changed to something else. As Rex suggests, posting your scene might be worth it for people to take a look at, you never know!

EDIT: I see you did already, sorry!

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 9.47.50 AM.png

• November 7, 2019
    • toko42
      toko42 Hello Gary, the AuxOuts have the Mix Busses I want to have on the monitors/IEMs as source and the Aux Ins are remapped to Aux Ins, so as far as I can see it, everything should be fine.
      • November 7, 2019
  • Torsten
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-08
    0 192
  • WinterHill
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-07

I am adding this here because I have not been able to lodge a "Care Ticket" without Google Chrome browser hanging and failing to complete the process.

I am seeking access to a more extensive documentation of the lastest version of toneprint (in this case, as it relates to Flashback 2). Specifically, an explanation of all of the parameters present within each of the different delay templates (Tape, Digital etc etc) and a more detailed documentation of what these parameters refer to (for e.g. Wow - shape of the LFO, how the knob % value relates to a specific cycle rate, is it fixed or randomised etc etc) OR simply more detailed descriptions of the available values (i.e. the clipping types and why each have been included, or to what the abbreviations refer).

In some cases it would be nice if the knob values simply reflected these real world values (e.g. Hz), rather than percentages. When toneprinting hardware emulations in studios (for e.g. RE-201, RE-501, Fulltone Tube tape echos, Lexicon Prime Time etc etc) we are happy just using our ears, but in some cases would find it quicker and more precise to use other tools available to us (RX Advanced, Oscilloscopes etc) to match the behaviours more precisely. Providing additional information would make this process simpler.

Toneprint is such a powerful tool, we would like to be able to use it in a slightly more informed manner. It doesn't appear that this documentation has been updated since the initial version of the application and I think it would be useful if this updated information were made available in either a Toneprint manual or within the individual pedal manuals. Even instructions for quick functions like clearing a parameter from knob assignment is not immediately clear and would benefit from explicit documentation; this was not included in the original documentation.

PS. As an aside, it'd be nice if you could combine any of the possible note subdivisions when assigning behaviours to the switch. On a space echo my favourite setting is a crotchet with a minim triplet (heads 2 and 3) and while I can configure each of these singularly, I cannot combine the two and must settle on the compromise of a crotchet with a dotted 8th; a quite different feeling combination.

Thanks for your time. Hopefully others may agree and this post can further the development of such documentation.

read more...
    0 158
    • WinterHill
      TC-Mike

Hi WinterHill,

regarding the failed ticket submit, can you Pm me a screenshot of the date you entered, so i can pass this on to our developers. We had more customers reporting the same thing and would like to get to the bottom of this asap. Please also include your Os version , so we can try to reproduce the issue.

As for the your question regarding a more detailed parameter documentation, we currently don't have an updated manual available, but it is planned will include mouse over help in future versions of the toneprint app.. 

Regarding the Flashback 2 parameters, i attached some basic parameter desciptions for all Fb2 parameters in the toneprint app .  Please note this is not an official relased document, but something i made myself for internal use.... Hope this helps you get a better understanding of the product.

fb2 digital delay parameters.PNG

Have a nice weekend and best regards from the TC tribers,

Mike

fb2 digital delay parameters.PNG
      • November 7, 2019
    • WinterHill
      TC-Mike

attached are all parameter descriptions for the new Tape delay algo....

Fb 2 Tape delay parameters.PNG

Fb 2 Tape delay parameters.PNG
      • November 7, 2019
    • WinterHill
      TC-Mike

and here are the parameter descriptions of the Modulation and Octaver block..
      !!please note that Mod and Octaver cannot be used in conjunction with the Tape algo due to DSP limitations (or rather because the Tape emulation uses a lot! of DSP cycles!!

Fb2 Modulation and octaver parameters.PNG

Fb2 Modulation and octaver parameters.PNG
      • November 7, 2019
    • WinterHill
      deegriffee

Please provide a parameter list for the Quintessance Harmonizer

• February 18, 2020
Go to page