Products

293,642 members
176,667 posts
  • Barroncm
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-26

Im new to the group but not real new to X32 edit.

In a custom layout I want to create a button that opens the dashboard.

I have not been able to figure out how or if its even possible to do.

Any Ideas?

0 309
    • Barroncm
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Chris @Barroncm ,

Welcome to the forum. Which app of the X32 Edit are you using (PC, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi or iPad)? Also what do you actually mean by "dashboard"? The only app that I know of that you can created a custom button is Mixing Station Pro (for android and iOS tablets currently).

• October 26, 2019
    • Barroncm
      Barroncm

@Paul_Vannatto Sorry about that, I knew I should have been more specific

I am using the android (tablet) version and yes it is the pro version as well. In that version when you click the 3 dots in the upper right corner you get options, one of which is the dashboard, which gives a overview of all the channels/bus/aux/mtx/dca ect.

I would like to link this to a button instead of having to go through 2 steps to get there.

Hope this clears things up a little.

• October 26, 2019
    • Barroncm
      Paul_Vannatto

@Barroncm wrote:

@Paul_Vannatto Sorry about that, I knew I should have been more specific

I am using the android (tablet) version and yes it is the pro version as well. In that version when you click the 3 dots in the upper right corner you get options, one of which is the dashboard, which gives a overview of all the channels/bus/aux/mtx/dca ect.

I would like to link this to a button instead of having to go through 2 steps to get there.

So you are probably using Mixing Station Pro, which is a 3rd party app (developed by David Schumann). I had a look at the custom layout settings available for a button and it seems as though that is something he hasn't made available at this point. I know he is busy getting his app ready for the upcoming firmware release. So if you submit a feature request (on his site here), he might be able to include it (no promises).

• October 26, 2019
  • sam335
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-26

I've been using this mixer for a couple of years as an external cue mixer for my Pro Tools rig. I'm not using the USB interface, just the analog inputs and headphone out. I did not power the mixer down last night and when I came to the studio this morning, I could hear white noise coming from the headphones (so loud that I could hear it from across the room). I unplugged the power supply  for a few minutes. When I plugged it in again, the white noise was gone but now there's a LOUD 60 cycle hum. Unplugged allof the inputs but the hum is still there. The compressor LEDs on channels 1 and 2 stay on. There doesn't appear to be any signal getting from any of the inputs to the headphone out. (I assume it's the same with the main outs- although I don't use those outputs. The master fader seems to be working (hum goes away when I turn it down). The surface of the mixer was warmer to the touch than usual... I hate to think, but kinda fear that this relatively new piece of gear is toast. Anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks,

Sam

read more...
    0 176
    • sam335
      MusicallySavage

Hey Sam,

I had a similar Behringer mixer where the phantom stayed on permanently. Previous 12 channel model to the Xenyx. 1204 or something, with effects. Probably left it on overnight. I put it down to dry solder etc... Thankfully having phantom power on permanently doesn't affect life too much. Sadly, yes, I presumed it was toast.

Sorry, Luke

• December 24, 2019
    • sam335
      javiervgn

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with my Q802USB. COMP Leds stay on and hum noise constant. Where you able to find a solution? Was it really toast

Thanks 

• April 26, 2020
  • juanermaza
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-25

I just want to know why I can't use my app from tc helicon on my phone , the app perfom v , when I try to use it , suddenly closes 

image.jpg
    0 119
    • juanermaza
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @juanermaza,
      We have just released an update for the Perform-V and Perform-VK mobile apps!  Here are the release notes:

• Fixed audio beam crashes caused by iOS 13

• Fixes to some layout and graphical glitches

• Greatly improved Audio beam success rates on iPhones, particularly X and XR, audio should only come out of the Bottom speakers now. Issue was the ear speaker was also playing the sound and conflicting. Note this also dramatically lowers the required volumes to transmit the data with Audio.

If you haven't already been prompted to update, you can find the Perform-V app here, and the Perform-VK app here.  Cheers!

• October 29, 2019
  • Erix
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-25

When I turn it on it doesn't come up so I can adjust it it just has two horizontal lines in the place where the digital numbers supposed to be when I first got it it worked great and now it does this I've only had it 6 months

0 85
  • mzx0205
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-25

I have a TC 6000 MK2 mastering.

How can I purchase a stereo reverberation license?

0 161
  • ChisomWorgu
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-25

I use one x32 only. for FOH and Recording multitrack to cubase5 simultanously. When the show is on, I set my gains to very good levels below -12db. However on my cubase the signals still come in hot over the top. sometimes on my gain the signal is as low as -40 yet I still got hot unuseable signals in my cubase. I want to know if there is a way to use HA gain spliting to get better signals to my DAW. ie, if there is a way to patch my signals through the mixer to use the trim after the FOH gains to lower the signals going into my DAW or the other way round. thanks.

However, I thought if Assuming that the signal that comes from “Direct channel Out” in the routing page is before the preamp if you choose the “Input LC” tap point option in the routing page, Channels 1-16 will get direct physical mic or instrument plug into them, while channels 17-32 will get routed signal from the “Direct out channels” from the 16 physical utput buses wired back to the physical input of 17-32 using xlr link cables.

This is to allow for preamp signals going into my DAW to have independent gain control from the preamps of the 1-16 which will be for the FOH and thus allow for proper recording levels setting. So only channels 17-32 will be selected for recording into the DAW through the xuf card.

ie. when you use channel splitting in config TAB and double a channel the second channel preamp is still being controlled by the preamp of the physical input plugged in as such you can’t adjust the preamp of the split channel for better record levels independently and also the Trim has no effect in in the recording alsoGain Split issue.jpg

Gain Split issue.jpg
    read more...
    0 194
  • Asullivan1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-25

I have a case number           01022909 I also run a Behringer X 32 So I know I have a problem with this unit I need repair

0 212
    • Asullivan1
      KenMitchell

Hi William, 

Welcome to the community.  When did you open your ticket?   I know the auto-reply message says someone will contact you within one business day but that's been much longer lately.  Also, did you check your spam folder to see if a reply got stuck there? 

Ken

• October 25, 2019
    • Asullivan1
      Asullivan1

It was started on the 19th which will be a week tomorrow. I have checked my spam and junk mail and have not received anything. I need help something started to get it repaired

• October 25, 2019
  • nxenakis
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-25

My version of this unit has a preset for the Looper function and the effects do not work while using the Looper. I have seen videos where this would work. How can I find info on my particular model? The manual is pretty vague.  Especially when trying to use the Store function. 

read more...
    0 155
    • nxenakis
      TC-Mike

When in Looper mode the FB 2 X4 cannot use delays as on top. This is due to the complexity/processing power required for  the new delay algos. The Fb2 has new Tape/BBB models, true dual delays + a polyphonic octaver used for the Crystal delay type . The Fb 1X4 could use the current delay settings on top of the looper.

With regards to storing you use the righ spring loaded  toggle switch and pull it down to store the current settings to the selected preset location(A,B or C)  .Pulling the toggle switch up will change bank, so you get 3 presets more with direct access.

Pressing and holding the TAP tempo switch will shift banks, indicated by the LED color (green,red) 

tip when working with the Toneprint app: 

while working with the editor, you can store your toneprints settings directly to a preset memeory location, without having to store to a toneprint slot first.

Cheers,

Mike

• October 27, 2019
  • TheButterZone
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-24

Even though the phantom switch feels like it presses in & presses out perfectly (I haven't used it that much), the phantom power is always turned on now for some reason. Even through many hours of being unplugged from AC. Bought this over a decade ago at Guitar Center & thermal receipt is probably faded to nil.

I thought I might see troubleshooting info in the service manuals emailed by tech support (since that's not in the user manual), but they're just circuit diagrams which I can barely read. Easier to look at the board & figure out which points were directly underneath the phantom switch. Try as I might, I couldn't match up the codes on the back of the circuit board switch area to the circuit diagrams.

Disconnected from AC, disassembled. Switch was clean & not visibly broken. Part number 877-03422-02778?

Touched my multimeter leads to the switch points (in the attached photo) with switch on & off. The switch up/off breaks continuity between the dots & the linked lines & shows ~675 ohms resistance when switched up/off, ~0 when switched down/on. Is that within spec of part 877-03422-02778?

However, the 48V still turns on as soon as it is plugged into AC with the switch up/off. Both the red LED & the power flow to my Oktava MK-219, which always used to be silent before fading in when switched on, now it's always picking up sound if the pot is turned up.

MXUL3, the MX602A's original transformer, says output 2*17 VAC/250mA. Ohms law has the voltage of ~675Ω+250mA at 168.75V, which suspiciously looks like 48+120V. But Phantom is DC, right? And not sure what 2*17 is supposed to mean... usually when I see an asterisk it means multiply, so 34VAC?

Could the MXUL3 transformer be shot & bypassing the resistance of the switch? Was this a reason for the release of the MXUL3 replacement, PSU3-UL? They're not $10 on Amazon anymore like they were in 2017, and whether I buy the PSU3-UL direct, the switch, or both, https://music-group.force.com/support/s/ordersparepart?language=en_US&brand=behringer warns of a minimum order charge. Probably too much $$ to risk on amateur repair speculation alone...

20191020_192824.jpg
    read more...
    0 320
    • TheButterZone
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Alwin @TheButterZone 

Welcome to the forum. The MX602A is a relatively old model. Is there any particular reason why you want to disable the phantom? If you are using dynamic mics or passive DI's phantom will have no detrimental affect. If you are using condenser mics or active DI's, you will need phantom. If it is because you are using older ribbon mic, then there would be a reason to disable it. But if I had the money to pay for some of those older ribbon mics, I'd definitely be spending some money on a better mixer (like an M32). 

• October 24, 2019
    • TheButterZone
      TheButterZone

1. If I have a switch, that switch should work...

2. Isn't it wasting electricity?

3. Maybe I misheard my buddy, but I thought he said leaving phantom on when there's only a dynamic mic connected (in my case, I want only a Shure SM48 plugged most of the time) can damage the dynamic. Maybe ribbon mics are more from his heyday & what he meant; I've heard of them, don't plan to ever own one.

I guess if I'm stuck with the phantom always-on & it's truly safe for my SM48s, I'll plug the Oktava in on 2, zero its pots & drop its case over the top, since I won't have to worry about switching power on & off anymore.

• October 24, 2019
  • Liamtip
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-24

hi guys, i am using my x-touch mini with Traktor to control 3rd deck and my FX. with a bit of midi mapping i have added a lot of functionality but its hard to tell when a button is pressed without looking at the screen

is there a way to light up the buttons when they are toggled on? 

thanks all!

read more...
    0 467
    • Liamtip
      Liamtip

ok. i wasnt using the editor right. i now have layer A all working as i want. but when i duplicated it to layer B now i just have 2 identical sets of inputs - layer a or b is irrelevant. if i try to remap is saying for example layer A knob 1 is the same as layer B knob 1.

i thought that with layer a pressed or b it would send a diff signal?!

• October 24, 2019
    • Liamtip
      KenMitchell

Hi Liam ( @Liamtip ), 

Welcome to the community.  Since you duplicated Layer A to B, why would you think they would be anything other than identical?  The layer data is the MIDI message assignments as well as the button/encoder behavior.  What you need to do is load the default Layer B settings, modify the button behaviors like you did for Layer A, then load those settings into Layer B. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• October 24, 2019
    • Liamtip
      Liamtip

thanks Ken, yes i think i misunderstood the app and messed it up initially. 
      i also have an issue where its now not always remembering the settings flicking between layer A and B on the encoders. 

• October 24, 2019
    • Liamtip
      KenMitchell

Hi @Liamtip ,

Can you upload your .bin files so I can have a look at them?  You'll likely have to .zip them up since I'm not sure the file upload option allows the .bin file extension.  Use "Choose File" in the lower-left to upload the files. 

Ken

• October 24, 2019
    • Liamtip
      Liamtip

thanks ken. 

i want some buttons to be toggled (fx on off) and some to be just single hits (for pads) 
      now i seem to hit a toggled button and it turns the light  on/off but the doesnt FX btn doesnt work until i hit it a 2nd time putting it all out of sync until i press again. which is odd. i also use the encoders being pressed down for same midi signal and they work fine in 1 shot. maybe its the toggle? seems there is a lack of sync somewhere. 

also when i load up traktor doesnt know the encoder settings etc like it does if i use my keyboard's midi controls. toggling lights seems to be the issue maybe? 

bins.zip
      • October 24, 2019
Go to page