Products

299,767 members
183,544 posts
  • TommBuzzetta
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-06

Considering the purchase of a "does it all" project-studio mic? Read my review of Behringer's B-1 Condenser Microphone here:

https://creativetechnerds.jimdo.com/behringer-b-1/

read more...
    0 350
    • TommBuzzetta
      TC-Mike

Thx for the review,

at this pricepoint it is a real bargain and like the original it models it is very versatile.

Love the that it has different polar patterns too, so 2 of them in figure 8 mode/Blumlein pair  could be a great for overheads. 

• November 6, 2019
  • TommBuzzetta
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-06

Considering the purchase of a mid-sized Behringer mixer? Check out my review of

Behringer's Xenyx QX1832USB mixer here: 

https://creativetechnerds.jimdo.com/behringer-xenyx-qx1832-usb/

read more...
    0 314
  • TommBuzzetta
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-06

Considering the purchase of a compact Behringer mixer? Check out my review of

Behringer's Xenyx QX1202USB mixer here:  https://creativetechnerds.jimdo.com/behringer-xenyx-qx1202usb/

read more...
    1 236
    • TommBuzzetta
      DavidPlunkett

Your point about the power supply is well made. I have had one break during the post-gig pull down of the night's gear. A better connector would be a nice addition.

On the plus side, I had a spare PSU already and have since purchased another. At about $25 (here in Australia) always having a spare isn't too much of an imposition.

Cheers!

• November 6, 2019
  • UUBill
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-06

Our church has used a Behringer DEQ1024 for a few years. Just recently, it has begun to—for want of a better word—scream at us when we reach a clipping level. Does anyone have any ideas? See video for demonstration, but turn down your speakers (you've been warned!). TIA, Bill

read more...
    0 202
    • UUBill
      KenMitchell

Hi Bill ( @UUBill ), 

Welcome to the community.  Wow!  That's definitely going into my sound effects collection.  It appears you have a feedback loop somewhere in your system.   Has anything position wise changed in your setup? By position wise, I mean microphones relative to PA speakers? The first thing I'd do would be to change the meter from "Out" to "In" so you can see the levels coming in.   Next, I'd take picture of your current fader settings, then drop all of the faders to nil, and see if it still happens.  If not, bring the frequencies up a few at a time until it occurs.  That should tell you where the feedback is occuring. 

Hope this helps,

Ken

• November 6, 2019
  • celoranta
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-06

Hello out there.

I'm eternally upgrading my rig to better control my x32 for live shows.  I've begun creating snippets and triggering them via midi footswitches and other MIDI trickery.  I can already see how 100 snippets will very quickly become a major limiting factor.  What's more, I see very clearly that OSC is the solution to my problem, and that I'll be spending plenty of time with @Paul_Vannatto 's clever development tools.

My question to Paul or any other OSC wizard is this...  what hardware or software is available for triggering OSC commands in response to MIDI commands?  For example, can I use MIDI note commands to trigger custom buttons in LiveToolbox?  Ideally, I would find a VST plugin that would accept MIDI input, translate and parse it to my heart's content, and trigger OSC commands to my x32 when appropriate.  (so far I've only found ToscA VST.)   Eventually, Bome Midi Translator will learn some OSC, and that may solve this riddle.  Until then, any suggestions?

read more...
    0 470
    • celoranta
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Chris @celoranta ,

Glad to hear that you are interested in using OSC commands to control your X32. I'm not aware of any commercial hardware that converts midi to the Behringer X32 OSC dialect. But there have been a number of DIY solutions provided here on the forum. 

From a software perspective, Patrick has developed a midi/OSC app and is available on his site called X32Midi2OSC

There have been a couple of requests for midi triggering of the custom buttons in Live Toolbox and I did have a look at it. Unfortunately each OS (Windows, Mac, linux, etc.) all handle midi differently. Since there was not much of a demand for it, I didn't go much further than that. 

• November 6, 2019
    • celoranta
      celoranta

Thanks Paul,

Yes, I had perused Paul's offerings, which are awesome.  I'm currently tied to a Mac, and the MIDI2OSC tool is listed under Windows>Graphical Tools and seems not to be included in the X32Mac software.  I would be open to dedicating a Raspberry Pi to this task as well, but sadly the Pi offering also does not include the MIDI2OSC tool.

I will keep  my  eyes peeled.  Perhaps I need to dip my toe in the shady underworld of VST/AU programming!

• November 6, 2019
    • celoranta
      Paul_Vannatto

@celoranta wrote:

I'm currently tied to a Mac, and the MIDI2OSC tool is listed under Windows>Graphical Tools and seems not to be included in the X32Mac software.  I would be open to dedicating a Raspberry Pi to this task as well, but sadly the Pi offering also does not include the MIDI2OSC tool.

It is possible that Patrick came up with the same issues of each OS handling midi differently and that maybe why he hasn't compiled his app for the Mac, linux, etc. Is there a specific reason why you need midi?

• November 6, 2019
    • celoranta
      PatrickGMaillot Hello, At the time (seems a long time ago) I wrote this utility I got no (or pretty much so) interest from community members. So I left it as is. The source code is available and frankly there's not much to it. It enables 'operations' on arguments to further tweak commands dynamically, but that can be easily removed. If you want something completely with no GUI or that looks like a HW appliance, the simplest is probably to start from a nodeMCU arduino; with three or four components and a little SW you'll have a MIDI->OSC box with direct WIFI connection to your X32. Note also this utility (X32Midi2OSC) should work with no issue on Mac, using Wine. -Patrick
      • November 6, 2019
    • celoranta
      -mjk- Perhaps a tool to send OSC commands from a Stream Deck? That would eliminate the MIDI altogether. https://developer.elgato.com/documentation/stream-deck/sdk/overview/
      • November 7, 2019
  • X0mb13
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-06

Hello all! 

Just purchased an X32.  Excited to have my first digital board! 
    I've been watching a ton of videos on how to set stuff up so that I can hit the ground running when it finally arrives.

I've come across a situation that I haven't really been able to find any clear answer on - 

So, I plan to set it up to use 1-8 as card (playback from PC) and another 22 XLR and 2 Aux's.
    I discovered that what I actually need is 10 card channels... is there a way to do 8+2 ? or, if i have to go 16/16, would I still be able to get local (XLR) audio from channels I'm not actually using via USB?

If clarification is needed, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!
    [edited: typo]

read more...
    0 263
    • X0mb13
      DaveMorrison

@X0mb13 

Try Aux In Remap: Card 1-2 under the Routing:Input tab. This will put USB channels 1&2 on Aux In 1&2. You may have to use Card (USB) 9-16 to get your the full 8 channel block of USB from your computer. The downside is USB 3-8 are unavailable from your computer.

• November 6, 2019
    • X0mb13
      CraigFowler

Yes, you can do that, but it does involve some messing around due to the blocks of 8.

Routing>Home(Inputs, if you're using the app.)  Set AuxIn Remap to Card1+2.  This will be the first 2 channels from the DAW.  Note that you won't be able to use the first 2 TRS aux sockets on the console anymore.

Routing>Home (Inputs if you're using the app.)

Inputs1-8: Card9-16 Gets you another 8 signals from the DAW on ch1-8, so now you have 10 signals from the DAW, 2 on aux1+2, and the other 8 on ch1-8.  In your DAW you'll have to change track outputs, eg track122 output on 123, track3 outputs to output9, track4 to output10 etc.

Inputs9-32: Local 1-24 (local preamps 1-24 on the rear of the console.  You can use Local9-32 if you prefer something slightly more 1:1.  I'd recommend not plugging anything into preamps9+10.

Whatever else you need can plug into TRS AuxIn sockets 3+4.

Now that you've got all your signals in, you have the option to can re-assign the signals to sensible channels with full processing by selecting the channel, going to the config tab, and using the 3rd encoder to change the source.  You'll be able to get all the DAW signals on ch1-10, the preamp signals on ch11-32, and the aux channels on aux1+2.

• November 6, 2019
    • X0mb13
      X0mb13

Hey Craig - Thanks for the detail!

Out of curiosity, what's the reasoning behind avoiding 9+10?  Is that (local) input/ports 9 and 10 or am I missing something?

• November 6, 2019
    • X0mb13
      CraigFowler

Edit: Yeah, those XLR inputs need to be included in the routing because the console works in blocks-of-8 (apart from the AuxIn Reamp.) As you need 22 preamps, 24 of them need to be included in the routing table to fit in the blocks-of-8 limitation.

In remapping signals to channels, if you put all 10 of your DAW signals on ch1-10, then you've got ch11-32 available for signals from preamps.  If you use preamps9+10 (or even lower numbered preamps1-8,) then you'll need to move signals from those preamps over to other channels make room for those two extra daw signals (assuming you want full processing on those.  If not and you're happy to keep them on aux channels with limited processing then this is all moot.  Assuming you do want full processing on those extra DAW signals,) when you move the preamp signals over to adjacent channels, they're not longer assigned 1:1.  If you have an issue with ch16, that might not necessarily correspond with preamp16.  If you don't skip preamps1-10 and instead leave 31+32 empty, you end up having to think in terms of ch11=preamp9, ch12=preamp10, up to ch32=preamp30.

Alternatively, if you skip preamps 1-10 and just use preamps 11-32 for your 22 XLR signals, they can stay with their default 1:1 input:channel mapping.  In skipping preamps 1-10, you end up with ch11=preamp11, ch12=preamp12 ch13=preamp13 etc, up to ch32=preamp32.  Easy to keep track of.

Although the first method is workable, the 2nd is easier to keep straight in your head.

It's up to you, but if this is your first digital console and you need to remind yourself to think of sources vs  inputs vs channels as 3 separate things, keeping things as 1:1:1 as possible will make things easier for you.

Alternatively you could go Routing>Home

Inputs1-24: Local 24 (Local preamps, but only plug things in to preamps1-22.)

Inputs 25-32: Card9-16 (8 signals from the DAW.)

AuxIn Remap: Card1-2. (2 signals from the DAW.)

By default you'll then have preamp1-22 on ch1-22, you'll need to change ch23-24 source away from local preamps23-24 to Aux1-2 to get those extra 2 DAW signals, but then you can leave ch25-32 as default and they'll get the remaining 8 DAW signals.  Your faders will go preamps>card signals.  These workarounds are required due to the blocks-of-8 routing limitation and the lack of custom fader layout.

It's just about workflow and making things easy for yourself if this is your first digital desk.

• November 6, 2019
  • budmoffett
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-06

All of a SUDDEN I show guitar GOING INTO unit, but no guitar OUTPUT (unless I use GUITAR THRU) which always works. (Usually if you don't use GUITAR THRU, you can blend guitar output through the VL2.)

0 152
    • budmoffett
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @budmoffett,
      There are a few places in VoiceLive 2 where it's possible to mute the guitar's wet output:

• "Mix" menu, "Guitar" level parameter

• "Setup" menu, "I/O" tab, "Guitar Mute" parameter

• "Guitar FX" menu, "Guitar" tab, "Guitar" level parameter

If you've already checked all those spots and still aren't getting wet guitar output, my suggestion would be to back up all your presets and settings in VoiceSupport 2, and then perform a factory reset of all system settings, then restore your presets back from VoiceSupport.  Good luck!

• November 12, 2019
  • sprpcn
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-06

Good evening, guys.

I'm a little confused and it's a very strange question... but...

I've bought umc404hd a week ago and I'm not able to download drivers from the official site behringer.com

I've tried to do this from here from "downloads", but it redirects to behringer.com again and it shows me 502 error (bad gateway). I've tried several computers and several internet connections, everything is the same

Is it a website issue?

So, how can I get the drivers?

Thank you.

read more...
    0 412
  • RW_Bass
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-06

Hi all,

I have a sub n up mini. But what I now realise is that rather than having an octave above or below what I am looking for is the same note being played. I know the Brainwave pedal has the unison feature but that is too much level for what I need. Does the editing software allow to put the unison note in there?

Thanks in advance Richard

read more...
    0 230
    • RW_Bass
      TC-Mike

Hi Richard,

the Sub'n Up and mini versions are classic octavers and can only do fixed octave transposition, so it is not possible to do unisono/ ADT (automated double tracking)  sounds.

Both our Brainwaves Pitch shifter  and Quintessence Harmoniser can do unisono sounds with up to 2 extra voices that can be individually detuned (up or down). Brainwaves has a dedicated Detune mode in which Voice 1 and Voice 2 intervals don't work in semitones/octaves, but detune the signal up to 50 cents up/or down.
      Our Mimic pedal steps int the same area, but i like the brainwaves better for this. Mimic adds also random timing variations and not just detunes the signal, which is more subtle.

brainwaves detune.PNG

We have a great Dual detune toneprint template available where the basic amount of detuning can be set via the 2 voice pots , but via MASH switch you can dynamically change the detune amount, which i really like and has become my standard application. This works also great with other instruments like synthesizers and keys.

double detune.PNG

With best regards from the TC tribers,

Mike

• November 6, 2019
    • RW_Bass
      RW_Bass

Hi,

Thnaks for that.

It is funny but I want a really simple pedal... 2 knobs Dry and Unison or the the same note, created in the same way an octaver does but in the same pitch. 

The Brainwave is too much pedal in a box and I dont need that fuctionality, and the mimic is very close delay so a copy of your sound.

What I don't understand is why no manudaturer does Dry, 1 down Octave synthed, Unison Synthed, 1 up Octave synth. Simple. Cant be that difficult

Cheers!

• November 6, 2019
    • RW_Bass
      TC-Mike

Octavers like the sub'n up and classic ones are designed to shift the signals in octaves and use a different processing algorithm compared to a pitch shifter that is not suited for microshifting. classic octaver achieve
      the transposed octaves by using flip flops to create a square wave of the input signal at 1/2 or 1/4 of input frequency and due to nature of square wave have a buzzy, synth like tone. A unison sound / micro detuning would just not sound very natural with a classic octaver. So, if you look for a product that does Detuning/microshifting + can work as an octaver, a "real" pitch shifter is much better suited for the task.

Best regards,

Mike

• November 7, 2019
    • RW_Bass
      RW_Bass

Hi!

Thant answers the question, but rather creates a problem on my board

Thanks!

Richard

• November 7, 2019
    • RW_Bass
      TC-Mike

Hi Richard,

you should see it as a challenge instead. and one that can be solved

The Brainwaves with it's two voices can give you both an nice sounding octaver(up to 2 octaves up or down) + a detune effect in classic Pitch shift mode.Voice 2 needs to be set to "custom" , so that you can do microshifting below one semitone for unison sound. When bypassing the FX, you will always toggle both Octaver  (voice 1) and unison (voice 2) , but if you eg don't want either octaver or unison to be active at the same time, you can also use the MASH switch (pressure sensor in footswitch) to control FX level of octaver or unison FX dynamically (eg unison or octaver are only active as long as you hold down the footswitch + can also alter detuning amount .(up to 3 parameters, each ith its own parameter curve can be assigned to MASH)

octasonic.PNG

Have a nice weekend and best regards,

Mike

• November 7, 2019
  • nickpierro
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-06

Hey TC...  are there any plans to release a firmware update that will allow assigning one of the stereo inputs of accept 1/4" external tap tempo, a la the single-size Flashback 2?   

0 469
    • nickpierro
      TC-Mike

Hi Nicholas,

no, this won't happen as the Flashback 2 X4 has a dedicated Tap tempo switch that you can access at any time without loosing true stereo operation. Via Toneprint you can set wether Tap tempo should work globally for all settings including presets.

Furthermore, tap tempo can also be remote controlled via Midi CC data.

P.s. our Flashback 2 pedal just got a firmware update, where you can use the built in footswitch to tap tempo if MASH is disabled in the editor, so you also can get true stereo delay with tap tempo without sacrificing the stereo input for tap pedal.

Best regards from the TC tribers,

Mike

• November 6, 2019
Go to page